Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2018 2:22 AM

Nov 2014
MsVitchDa2nd said:
we're not even halfway into 2018 XD
but they cudve done this award like late january or early february
Hello, this is the twitter era. Attention spans of 2 months? Please.

Reina_Orikasa said:
I knew it was over when MHA won best Best Animation over A MOVIE.
What are you expecting? People to read? They just skim the options for every category and pick their favourite anime regardless of category.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 25, 2018 2:23 AM
Jan 2016
ampd said:
koe no katachi and konsuba got robbed man unfort
and my hero = yuri on ice this time around

That's true, but in my opninion these results for BnHA are more deserved than last year's results with Yuri on Ice. For example voting YoI as best animation was complete bs, there were definitely more anime/studios with better animation than YoI. For this year, Bones *is* a pretty good studio, and even though I think one of the KyoAni anime would have deserved the title the most, I still think it's reasonable and not just what the fans like the best. All I can say is that comparing BnHA to YoI is pretty rude. YoI was/is popular because it "contained gay relationships" and BnHA mostly because of a good story AND characters, guess why both best girl and boy are from this anime..
lmao anyways, this is not just directly to you but also everyone who compares these two anime.
that's it.
Feb 25, 2018 2:26 AM

Jan 2017
I mean it was totally expected, if only they expanded the pool we could choose from then MAYBE it could not have been like this
Feb 25, 2018 2:27 AM
Jan 2018
Primary_Senpai said:
The people who watch shonen shows like BNHA usually don't watch much anime. So when you watch like 5 anime a year the one with the little kid fighting with superpowers looks amazing.

the ones who selected these nominees are probably entry level anime fans who watches shounen
Feb 25, 2018 2:30 AM
Jan 2018
KazeShouta said:
I mean it was totally expected, if only they expanded the pool we could choose from then MAYBE it could not have been like this

its better for crunchyroll to have us anime fans or Anime youtubers who watches more anime to pick out the nominees and then limit it to top 5 most voted and those 5 present in the awards for each category
Feb 25, 2018 2:32 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Guess BnHA is this year's Yuri on Ice

Uraraka as best girl is just hilarious
Feb 25, 2018 2:33 AM

Jan 2017
MsVitchDa2nd said:
KazeShouta said:

its better for crunchyroll to have us anime fans or Anime youtubers who watches more anime to pick out the nominees and then limit it to top 5 most voted and those 5 present in the awards for each category

I agree with you 100%. like who actually picks the pool?
Feb 25, 2018 2:34 AM

Apr 2016
Well like female fans make that one happens so good for them i guess.
Feb 25, 2018 2:37 AM

May 2017
MsVitchDa2nd said:
KazeShouta said:

They used a panel of judges (whose qualifications are questionable) to choose the winners this year.
Feb 25, 2018 2:38 AM

Apr 2016
MsVitchDa2nd said:
Crunchyroll staffs are the ones who picks the nominees.
http://www.theanimeawards.com/

go to the judges section and you'll see the self-proclaimed Anime expertise who chose the shows

And how the hell should i know that ? put that shit on top of the thread.

Jesus man, you making thread about something without a damn source.
Feb 25, 2018 2:40 AM
Sep 2017
BurningSpirit said:

Reina_Orikasa said:
What are you expecting? People to read? They just skim the options for every category and pick their favourite anime regardless of category.

That's not true at all. For example, I loved mha s2 but didn't vote for it in categories it didn't deserve like animation, best op, etc.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Feb 25, 2018 2:41 AM
Jan 2018
KazeShouta said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

I agree with you 100%. like who actually picks the pool?

go to the judges section and you'll see the self-proclaimed Anime expertise who chose the shows
Feb 25, 2018 2:42 AM
Jan 2018
Swagernator said:
MsVitchDa2nd said:

And how the hell should i know that ? put that shit on top of the thread.

Jesus man, you making thread about something without a damn source.

sorry was meant to respond to someone but forgot to tag
Feb 25, 2018 2:43 AM

Feb 2017
Horrible just horrible but i am not surprised
Feb 25, 2018 2:46 AM

Mar 2016
I am totally fine with my hero academia sweeping
Feb 25, 2018 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
pffft best continuing should be konosuba season 2. who the hell watches march comes in like a lion??? lololol
Feb 25, 2018 2:47 AM

Jan 2015
Reina_Orikasa said:

It wasn’t fair comparing a movie to a TV series tbh
Feb 25, 2018 2:50 AM

Jan 2016
Animation of the year should have been Land of the Lustrous
Feb 25, 2018 2:56 AM

Mar 2016
I think some of you are totally wrong on the irksome attitude towards MHA s2. It’s a show lauded by newrly all anime viewer demographics, not just “filthy casuals”. I concede the best girl one was weird, but why are those categories at all?
Feb 25, 2018 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Glad Made in Abyss won AOTY. I was thinking the same
Feb 25, 2018 2:58 AM

Apr 2016
-Lofn- said:
So it's true Boku no Hero is like Yuri on Ice.

You would be even surprised how much they have in common.

To the popularity awards, i'm not even gonna read them it's CR so that says all.
Aug 2017
Holy shit that plot twist :
- My Academia sweep almost all categories
- Big Awards Coming up
- CEO Hype up
- MIA won

This season got drama and suspend yo ( still suspicious that they do this just not to be call rigged )

And be honest here i know that regardless of whatever the result , the salt will still be coming.

Mar 2014
Crunchytroll, here's a piece of advice

The only anime/manga on the list that deserved to win were Sabishisugite Lesbian Fuuzoku ni Ikimashita Report and possibly 3-gatsu no Lion, the other anime on the list are 100 % TRASH. No Kuzu no Honkai, no Pingu in the City, No Super Lovers 2, no Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, no Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta, instead the winner is some pedo bait show about two lolis and their adventures. The shit taste is strong with this one!

(And yes, I know TTLNU and YWMAO didn't qualify for the awards this year since they haven't come out in the US yet, but they're so good that they deserve to win both the 2017 and the 2018 awards)
Comic_SansFeb 25, 2018 3:04 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 25, 2018 3:07 AM

Aug 2016
So glad 3-gatsu got best continuing. Against Naruto and Dragon Ball there seemed no chance
Feb 25, 2018 3:08 AM
Aug 2017
Comic_Sans said:
Pingu in the City, No Super Lovers 2, no Yoru wa Mijikashi Arukeyo Otome, no Yoake Tsugeru Lu no Uta, instead the winner is a show about one loli and a shota on their death road. The heaven taste is strong here!

There's fix it for you ( heh)

While i do agreed that a there're less show being represented(No Uchouten Kazoku, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Konohana Kitan, Natsume Yuujinchou ) , I still happy that my shit show got two awards ( and one of them is AOTY )

Btw, The original Pingu is better than the trash called Pingu in the city.
Feb 25, 2018 3:10 AM

Feb 2016
Absolute garbage, just throw it into the trash. Burn it down and send the ashes into space.

Lritert said:

Pingu in the City is still the best anime.
Feb 25, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2014
Lritert said:
There's fix it for you ( heh)

While i do agreed that a there're less show being represented(No Uchouten Kazoku, Hoozuki no Reitetsu, Konohana Kitan, Natsume Yuujinchou ) , I still happy that my shit show got two awards ( and one of them is AOTY )

Wait, so the main character without glasses is a shota? Well, that makes it even worse!

Pingu in the city is an excellent show and a great successor to the original Pingu series. It's a solid 8/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 25, 2018 3:17 AM
Aug 2017
Comic_Sans said:
Wait, so the main character without glasses is a shota? Well, that makes it even better!

Pingu in the city is an excellent show and a great successor to the original Pingu series. It's a solid 8/10

There's just something you can't improve no matter how much you try. Doing so will only ended in failures.
Pingu,King of the Hill and Cory are a prime example of this.

Feb 25, 2018 3:19 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Heh not surprised at all, at least SSR and HnK won something congratulations nonetheless.
Feb 25, 2018 3:21 AM

Mar 2014
Lritert said:
There's just something you can't improve no matter how much you try. Doing so will only ended in failures.
I haven't seen King of the hill, but Cory in the house is also a great show. Also, stop changing the wording in my posts just because you don't have any actual arguments in store
Nico- said:
Feb 25, 2018 3:35 AM

Nov 2014
BNHA winning over a kyoani film is just hilariously bad. It didn't deserve best hero or OP either but the rest I'm fine with. At least Girls Last Tour got best SOL, though the reaction was somewhat muted.

The CR presenters were cringe, could barely watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2018 3:37 AM
Aug 2017
Comic_Sans said:
Lritert said:
I haven't seen King of the hill, but Cory in the house is also a great show. Also, stop changing the wording in my posts just because you don't have any actual arguments in store

While would i do that while this is more fun.
On serious note, don't we know that this " anime award " is just popularity contest why should you or anyone else give a tick.
LritertFeb 25, 2018 3:40 AM
Feb 25, 2018 3:42 AM

Apr 2016
Its funny to see people being surprised by BNHA winning practically everything, considering the kind of fanbase it has and on what specific fanbase BNHA is targeted, it's the same as with YOI back then.

Weren't there some statistic proving that females are like 80% of CR audience ?

It's easy math, everyone can see the reason why.
Feb 25, 2018 3:43 AM

Jan 2017
I stopped caring about Crunchyroll awards when they called Rem the best girl and Yuri on Ice as the best anime of the year.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 25, 2018 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
Lritert said:
On serious note, don't we know that this " anime award " is just popularity contest why should you or anyone else give a tick.
Why not? This is a forum and we’re here to discuss.
Nico- said:
Feb 25, 2018 3:46 AM

Jul 2017
My Hero Academia swept most of the awards as expected

And thus began the hate of this anime and will loss its hype soon
Feb 25, 2018 4:00 AM
Aug 2017
Comic_Sans said:
Lritert said:
Why not? This is a forum and we’re here to discuss.

I just here to troll don't take it seriously.
Honestly though if you think that those anime you mention are AOTY then why would a random award on the internet change anything ( validated your taste ?) plus the whole thing was a shit show with Boku no Hero win 7 categories and drama goes to Magus Bride.

Feb 25, 2018 4:01 AM

Apr 2016
The part that pisses me off the most aside from best OP because I feel BNHA has shit ass OPs, is the exemption of Altair from Best Villain for *fucking Tanya*. Annoyed over MiA Best Score but I suppose it's understandable. Annoyed that POS Kimi no Na wa won best film but I'd expect no less -_-. Having 2 slots for best boy and girl is bullshit unfair for any series, and would you look at that, that series won BOTH! Fucking hell, Rakugo for snubbed for best anime and drama again! And why are they not bothering to list who won the "others" vote for the categories like last year?! I think I really detest these awards 10 times more than last year!
Feb 25, 2018 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
So I'm happy My Hero Academia swept most of the categories it was nominated in but was any one else hoping for My Hero to steal AOTY?
Feb 25, 2018 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
Seriously? Stain best villain? The guy who appeared for 3 episodes just as a plot device to convince the other villains to move and forge an alliance against the heroes?

Also anyone else here feels like the “best animation” winner is kinda wrong, i watched BNHA very recently and it looked average in terms of animation.
Feb 25, 2018 4:06 AM

Sep 2014
No Rakugo? YES!

So people finally got better taste
Feb 25, 2018 4:08 AM

May 2015
but was any one else hoping for My Hero to steal AOTY?

You mean that it doesn't deserve it so it needs to steal the award? lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Jan 2017
The only thing I liked about this is the "Best Manga". It'll be a nice advertisement.
Feb 25, 2018 4:10 AM

Jul 2015
The salt in this thread lmao

People care about this awards ?
seriously ...
Feb 25, 2018 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
So after My Hero Academia S2 winning in 7 categories, Made in Abyss is the anime that ends up winning in the Anime of the Year category? Even though the only other category it won in was Best Score? wtf?

And lol at Attack on Titan S2 not winning in any categories.
wildhoodFeb 25, 2018 4:21 AM
Feb 25, 2018 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
yeah i knew these awards was going to be bad and i was right especially because My Hero Academia won most of them if you asked me My Hero Academia shouldn't have won any but thats just my opinion
Feb 25, 2018 4:20 AM

Jul 2017
I want it too but Made in Abyss was clearly AOTY

If it did win then some haters will called it rigged and start calling it a Naruto rip-off
Feb 25, 2018 4:22 AM

Jul 2017
true kind of like zal up there. d:
I'm still happy it too the awards it did but people were calling that rigged as well.
Feb 25, 2018 4:23 AM

Jul 2017
Zal no what I'm saying is made in the abyss was expected to win that category so I was hoping for an upset and for it to take home all 8 of it's nominations.
Feb 25, 2018 4:26 AM

Jun 2015
I usually don't post on forums but...

-Lofn- said:
Kagami said:
Maybe BNHA is just better than most anime that year?
I mean, better is subjective, I think Dragon Maid and Girl's World Tour are better than Boku no Hero. And I find BnHA and MiA mediocre, but that's my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wtf am I reading ?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

26 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» What if Your Favourite Anime had the Flaws of Your Least Favourite Anime?

APolygons2 - 1 hour ago

15 by NubFix »»
2 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

33 by -YaoiBoy- »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

70 by Merve2Love »»
4 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

4 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.