Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 19, 2017 9:52 PM

Aug 2009
@AyameTomoko: Then give me ten minutes and I'll double down.

Sep 19, 2017 9:59 PM
Sep 2017
FriendlyKebab said:
Holy shit, could you kindly tell me where that is from? I would search it myself but it's a bit harder to do on a phone than a pc

Its an ecchi/harem series called testment of sister devil

https://myanimelist.net/anime/23233/Shinmai_Maou_no_Testament

There's a dub coming out soon
Fleeting_DreamOct 21, 2019 9:44 AM

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 21, 2017 2:33 AM

Dec 2016
von12 said:
Science said:
Why do you ask questions you already know answer to?

I think I know why.

Anyways, what's your favorite food guys? I like sandwiches. OP should make one for all dudes here, so it can compensate 1 second of my life that I wasted on reading post title.

Man, what a classy response. Kudos to you, dude.

That's what you get for "classy and smart" posts.
Sep 21, 2017 3:47 AM

May 2015
FacelessVixen said:
What if I told you, that anime girls aren't sexualized by their creators, but that the viewers are sexualizing the anime girls?

I'm not saying that you're all a bunch of pervert weirdos... but you're all a bunch of pervert weirdos.

...I should just go to bed.

Emphasizing parts that are considered sexy is sexualizing - not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 21, 2017 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
cuz ur watching shounen anime, for boys. you cant expect everyone to be gay and look at gay characters.

on the other hand take a look at shoujo anime. why are males objectified there?
Sep 21, 2017 3:54 AM
Sep 2017
Jack_100HP said:
cuz ur watching shounen anime, for boys. you cant expect everyone to be gay and look at gay characters.

on the other hand take a look at shoujo anime. why are males objectified there?

Not just in shoujo anime

Reverse harem, Yaoi, Josei, every male chacter
is a 1 dimensional walking/talking sex object

FEMINISM IS CANCER!!!!!
Sep 23, 2017 12:17 AM
May 2017
because producers like to make money out of their lewd target market
Dec 28, 2017 4:57 PM
May 2014
UglyBarnacle said:
OP phrasing the question in a baity way doesn't make the topic irrelevant. Trashy sexualization of characters, not just female ones, is undoubtedly a thing. More so than in other entertainment mediums. Western shows may have shows where characters are objectified, but anime is the only one that does it in such a coy, skeevy, and voyeuristic way. Like, when western media tries to go for the fanservice approach, they blatantly shove the tits and ass in your face. Anime tries to be conniving and does it through "accidental" situations like the 'trip-and-fall on girl's breasts', walking in a girl changing, panty shots from the littlest breeze, etc. Both get an eye roll, but the former is at least more bearable than the latter because its upfront and honest about its trashiness. Anime fanservice is a more demeaning and exploitative kinda of fanservice than any other, which is why more people complain about it than fanservice in other media.

This type of thread gets old, but as long as anime continues to be the way it is and always has been, then no shit this will keep popping up. You like your otaku pandering BS, anime community? Then you gotta put up with the BS opinions that justifiably spawn from such BS shows. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Your response is well thought out and thorough. I agree 102%!
Dec 28, 2017 6:25 PM

Jan 2016
Orion_Gospel said:
First thing that popped into my head

So it wasn’t just me...that’s nice ^-^ well that and the questioning of humanity
Mar 4, 2018 6:53 AM

Oct 2017
I'm personally disturbed by this trend of sexualizing characters, not just women but the animes as a whole, it's now pretty rare not to have this sexualization...I'm glad to see Sakura didn't fall to that, and Black Clover stays decent.

Don't be mistaken: I'm not prude or conservative and I'm perfectly fine with sex, I just think it's going too far, it's almost everywhere and I've never been into 2D women, they're not real so what's the point?

Having sex references from time to time is ok but oversexualization is not fine at all.
EzerealMar 4, 2018 6:59 AM
Mar 4, 2018 6:56 AM

Nov 2016
Because women are attractive?? Believe it or not some women like to be very sexual. It's not really that big of a deal unless you're overly feminist or something.
Mar 4, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2014
Syaoran--Li said:
I'm personally disturbed by this trend of sexualizing characters, not just women but the animes as a whole, it's now pretty rare not to have this sexualization...I'm glad to see Sakura didn't fall to that, and Black Clover stays decent.

Don't be mistaken: I'm not prude or conservative and I'm perfectly fine with sex, I just think it's going too far, it's almost everywhere and I've never been into 2D women, they're not real so what's the point?

Having sex references from time to time is ok but oversexualization is not fine at all.

Well your examples have good reasons for not sexualizing things.
BC seems to be religious and Sakura is aimed at children.

If shows like Doreamon and Pokemon even sexualize ppl then we have a problem.

To me, sexualization is best when it fits the character and show.
Mar 4, 2018 10:20 AM

Oct 2017
Bourmegar said:
Syaoran--Li said:

Yes, when it fits..but sometimes it's really where it shouldn't be...This should be part of the Ecchi genre but not beyond.

As for Sakura, well yes it's pretty childish but many people who saw this as kids or teens back then watch this sequel so they could have done something to it but thankfully it's faithful to the original.
Mar 4, 2018 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
Syaoran--Li said:
Bourmegar said:

Yes, when it fits..but sometimes it's really where it shouldn't be...This should be part of the Ecchi genre but not beyond.

As for Sakura, well yes it's pretty childish but many people who saw this as kids or teens back then watch this sequel so they could have done something to it but thankfully it's faithful to the original.

Yh because Sakura going Fanservicy would ruin the image of the whole series especially since the characters are just highschoolers in the first year.....

Most of the time I have seen, Fanservice is just used for jokes though......
Mar 4, 2018 3:58 PM
Oct 2013
Its ENTERTAINMENT, not real life. Its made to sell and the type of anime who show this are used to cater to specific audience hence why they use what SELLS.

If you do not like it DO NOT READ/WATCH IT and stop complaining.

Problem solved.
Mar 4, 2018 4:13 PM

May 2017
Max1111dexter said:
Its ENTERTAINMENT, not real life. Its made to sell and the type of anime who show this are used to cater to specific audience hence why they use what SELLS.

Problem solved.

Yes it sells, but the problem is HOW men see women, not the fact that sex and women's bodies makes corporations good money. Anime may not be real life, but it's so normalized to view women as sex objects, it does move over to how men see women in their everyday lives
Mar 4, 2018 4:18 PM
Oct 2013
demision said:
Max1111dexter said:

Problem solved.

Yes it sells, but the problem is HOW men see women, not the fact that sex and women's bodies makes corporations good money. Anime may not be real life, but it's so normalized to view women as sex objects, it does move over to how men see women in their everyday lives

But you CANNOT control how people feel or view women. Its their business and none of yours.

I could say the same about violence on men in animes and manga. Does it make people think its OK to abuse men physically/verbally? No...
I think this is a much more serious topic to focus on but whatever it is all part of fiction which I am not going to digg in.
Mar 4, 2018 4:37 PM

May 2017
Max1111dexter said:
demision said:

But you CANNOT control how people feel or view women. Its their business and none of yours.

I could say the same about violence on men in animes and manga. Does it make people think its OK to abuse men physically/verbally? No...
I think this is a much more serious topic to focus on but whatever it is all part of fiction which I am not going to digg in.

Okay but you're wrong in your point about violence against men. Many women in Asia DO think it's okay to hit their male partners. They think it's cute and are never told otherwise so they don't see it as a problem. OR they dont care and tjink the men shpuld just take it, because theyre "men". The men who are being hit either don't say anything and take the abuse, or they ask them to stop and the girl doesn't. They see it in the media and see other girls doing it and they think it's okay because it's common
Mar 4, 2018 4:41 PM
Oct 2013
demision said:
Max1111dexter said:

Okay but you're wrong in your point about violence against men. Many women in Asia DO think it's okay to hit their male partners. They think it's cute and are never told otherwise so they don't see it as a problem. OR they dont care and tjink the men shpuld just take it, because theyre "men". The men who are being hit either don't say anything and take the abuse, or they ask them to stop and the girl doesn't. They see it in the media and see other girls doing it and they think it's okay because it's common

If that is true then its disgusting and sad and people should start protesting against it although I always its the other way around?

I wonder why all those people who complain about these things never address violence towards men. it's all agenda
Mar 4, 2018 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
sekai- said:
Yeah i too think that McDonald's breakfast shouldn't be served for the whole day
I SAY THE NAY!!

they dont serve it all day onyl til 11am in my cuntry.... I think it should be seved all day long.
Mar 4, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2015
you need to be delusioned if you think it's only aimed to male audience... seriously, animation is idealized, that's all there is to it... people like to look pretty things... i don't see anything wrong with it...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 4, 2018 5:21 PM

Jan 2015
Female and also male characters are indeed oversexualized in some animes, sometimes pretty much pointlessly (aside from ecchi which is pointless overall). But females carry the cultural weight, as society is kinda taught to see them like this - in fact, there are mainly two points of views: women as pristine beings, frail and demure, and their sexualization.....

Miichuu said:

.....so, this happens. They try to make money of it.

Which is unfortunate, because oversexualization often makes for weak stories, too much gibberish just to show more skin. And basically keeps the viewer comfortable in thinking this is alright, when it isn't.
Mar 4, 2018 5:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
oh look.. someone revived another blatantly retarded thread

neko_cola said:
Female and also male characters are indeed oversexualized in some animes, sometimes pretty much pointlessly (aside from ecchi which is pointless overall). But females carry the cultural weight, as society is kinda taught to see them like this - in fact, there are mainly two points of views: women as pristine beings, frail and demure, and their sexualization.....

Miichuu said:

Which is unfortunate, because oversexualization often makes for weak stories, too much gibberish just to show more skin. And basically keeps the viewer comfortable in thinking this is alright, when it isn't.

cry

me

a

fucking

river
Mar 4, 2018 5:25 PM

Jan 2015
hello, I didn't revive any thread. the last answer was from just 40 minutes ago. Have a good night :)
Mar 4, 2018 10:11 PM

Oct 2014
neko_cola said:

Miichuu said:

But there are also Women in media who can be baddass.
If you only see how frail or sexualized they are then aren't you the ones who are objectifying them?

When I look at the girls above, I don't just see sexualised characters but also characters with personality and who can kick ass.
Mar 6, 2018 7:57 AM
Jan 2018
von12 said:
The objectification of female characters is so prevalent in anime that it is unbelievable. Generally, a lot of female characters are just relegated to being love interests (that are sometimes needlessly sexualized too) and you only (somewhat) rarely see any complex and well-written women.

Why do you think that is and what is your opinion on it?

1. Objectification is pseudo intellectual sophistry designed to rationalize feminist hatred of men.

2. Women aren't the only ones "sexualized", there's this thing called confirmation bias, if you look at all the series with 'poorly, written female characters, you will find the male characters are actually written worse. You notice it because you are obsessed with it.

3. As to why it is done, well:

https://i.imgur.com/RNuS7F2.png
Mar 8, 2018 4:25 PM

Apr 2010
It's problem of the western culture. I know Japan doesn't count as western culture, but in that matter, it is. In addition, most of the animes are for men. You won't find sexualizing women in shojous

Mar 8, 2018 8:22 PM

Mar 2016
von12 said:
The objectification of female characters is so prevalent in anime that it is unbelievable. Generally, a lot of female characters are just relegated to being love interests (that are sometimes needlessly sexualized too) and you only (somewhat) rarely see any complex and well-written women.

Why do you think that is and what is your opinion on it?

Why are females sexualized? Why is anything sexualized? Because it's attractive to that certain demographic. This is common sense honestly.
Mar 8, 2018 8:28 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

neko_cola said:

cry

me

a

fucking

river

I swear to fucking god, it is not that fucking hard to comprehend that some people don't like fanservice and tits thrown on their face. Why can't you just accept that there will always be fanservice haters?
Mar 8, 2018 8:34 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
DepravedMagi said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

cry

me

a

fucking

river

I swear to fucking god, it is not that fucking hard to comprehend that some people don't like fanservice and tits thrown on their face. Why can't you just accept that there will always be fanservice haters?

why can't people just accept that anime has always had fanservice?
Mar 8, 2018 9:36 PM

Feb 2015
sigh males are sexualised maybe even more than the females. bait harder next time.
Mar 9, 2018 4:47 AM

Feb 2018
That probably to that because thats what people want to see. They want a beautiful women so men can be hooked immediately, men are also sexualixed so women get hooked. In this generation, no one wants to see an anime with no hot characters
Mar 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Oct 2014
Rabt said:
That probably to that because thats what people want to see. They want a beautiful women so men can be hooked immediately, men are also sexualixed so women get hooked. In this generation, no one wants to see an anime with no hot characters

Hot? No...
Appealing? Yes!
Just look at a game like league of legends.
It has sexy characters but also character who have ugly features like this guy.

he has a lot of ugly features but he still looks appealing no matter what.

Even Otaku characters have an appeal. They are not hot but just have a sort of appeal.
BourmegarMar 10, 2018 11:11 AM
Mar 10, 2018 10:41 AM

Aug 2015
Because people can sexualize whatever they please. A large portion of anime fans love their waifus and love seeing female characters in erotic or suggestive scenes, so it sells well. It's stimulating without being too blatantly controversial.
Mar 10, 2018 10:58 AM
Sep 2007
I don´t see problem with that.

People normally love sexy and attractive things.
Mar 10, 2018 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
Love them sexy anime gurlz in them badass giant robots
Pls never stop
Oct 20, 2019 1:57 PM
Oct 2019
I guess because of the demographic the anime is trying to portray to, and if they think the content of the anime isn't good enough on its own it adds some spice by putting in a panty shot or boob jiggle. Honestly, this along with the sexualization of men, the lack of variety (of the anime I wish to see), the unnecessary violence towards men and women have put me off of anime completely. I don't like anymore and fanservice like this is a huge culprit of why.
Oct 20, 2019 2:03 PM

Apr 2019
Just one simply answer - fanservice ;v
“ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ.” – ᴋᴀᴡᴏʀᴜ ɴᴀɢɪꜱᴀ
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Oct 20, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
Ummm, I dunno. Cause it sells, and 3D females are meh nowadays, maybe??
Oct 20, 2019 2:29 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Aug 2018
Why was this thread revived? (;¬_¬)
Oct 20, 2019 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think at all that all anime are sexualizing women. It's often the case, but people over exaggerate this too. I enjoyed many anime that don't sexualize characters at all or not too much and I speak of mainstream anime.
It depends on your choices. If you mainly choose ecchi or harem anime, then of course, you get what you picked.
Oct 20, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2019
I'd say it's all in the term fan-service, it's anime that has been tailored towards servicing the anime fans demands. I suppose fans have to shoulder some of the blame for veering towards anime that sexualises women. I'm guilty, I like CGDCT and fan-service, sorry, I'm a guy.

But I do agree with above commenter that some anime shows are dragged down by the unnecessary inclusion of fan-service (ie boob or panty shots) where it's not called for by the storyline or the characters personalities, it just seems the animators have a quota of panty/boob shots that they have to include, so they get thrown in for no purpose.

3D girls nowadays are meh; whoever says that is obviously seeing the wrong 3D women, if the 2D ones are better able to get you off compared to their 3D counterparts. I dunno about everyone else but no 2D women has ever jumped out of the screen to help me out when I wanted a "good time", while 3D women have done a most outstanding job many times over, so no contest, for me personally that is, you do you.

Not saying that 2D women aren't stunningly gorgeous to admire on screen.
23feanorOct 27, 2019 5:46 AM
Oct 20, 2019 2:40 PM

Jan 2018
I'm waiting to see if this thread will turn into a shitstorm tbh.
A treasure the color of the rainbow, the color of happiness
Oct 20, 2019 2:49 PM

Jul 2016
koolkai123 said:
how can people fall for such obvious bait....

I expected more mal

See the problem is, you expected something from MAL.
Oct 20, 2019 2:50 PM

Aug 2016
Because the target audience of anime are otaku losers who'll never fuck or get to see boobs and asses first-hand ever, obviously.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 21, 2019 2:55 AM

Aug 2013
Because humans like sex and thats okay.
Oct 27, 2019 4:42 AM

Jan 2019
Because females are sexy and even they care a lot about how they look?
Oct 27, 2019 5:42 AM

Jun 2019
-Ryu said:
Because the target audience of anime are otaku losers who'll never fuck or get to see boobs and asses first-hand ever, obviously.

You're lucky, I said something almost identical to your point in a similar thread and got my head bitten off by some douchebag (obviously one of the targeted otaku audience you mention) who told me to "blow smoke up my ass..." and other things. Some of them can be very touchy when the truth is put in front of them, but then I suppose so would I if I thought I'd never see get to interact with a real women and all I had was 2D waifu's. You've got to feel sorry for them really.
Oct 27, 2019 6:03 AM

Dec 2015
I will try at least give a proper answer, since most of people here clearly doesn't want to debate.

Cinema was something people used to belived it was created by men for men. So there was always this idea the target audience would be men no matter what, and of course this idea was brought to anime (which nowadays is bullshit, considering statistics showing women have consumed a lot manga/anime). So, in order to appeal to the target audience, creators sexualize women, even if it doesn't do anything for the plot. In fact, this is the reason you see women beeing sexualized even if the author is a women, because this idea consist in the men being the observer and the women is the object to be observed
BetterTasteOct 27, 2019 6:41 AM
Oct 27, 2019 6:23 AM

Feb 2019
-Ryu said:
Bascially this. It sells, and you can't blame the industry because they are just selling what the audience wants to buy.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Apr 26

29 by RantingMarauder »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to enjoy 3D Anime more than 2D Anime ?

tchitchouan - 10 minutes ago

3 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
4 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

54 by Horshu »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

272 by Vaturna »»
16 minutes ago

» Why do veteran weebs hate "casuals"?

Clovis - Yesterday

36 by animegamer245 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.