Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2017 11:24 AM
Nov 2015
The cringeness is growing at light speed! This is gonna end even worse than I thought it would.

3/10 SO F*CKIN' CRINGY!
Mar 9, 2017 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
Huex3 said:
Thankfully when I've read the manga chapter 37 was already out. It was the best time to read the manga haha. I binged through the entire arc and well I figured out the twist at the end (a lot of manga readers seemed to have missed it). So that part didn't really bother me.

Yeah when I caught up to the manga, it was only at 25 or something, I fell out of contact with it and then read up to 34 the next time I binged, dying every month while waiting.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Mar 9, 2017 11:45 AM

Feb 2008
I don't want the fat guy to win. Even if he doesn't want to actually marry Aki.

When did Masamune become so likeable to me, I don't even know. Funny episode, liked the new trio.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 9, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2016
It has become the most disappointing show of the season. The last two episodes were rather stupid and irritating and everything is sinking like the titanic...
Mar 9, 2017 11:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh, fattie comes out of the blue, Aki starts behaving completely out of character when he's around and the yuri student council looks/sounds like they came out of the Naru Narusegawa school of man hating which is oh so last decade.Talk about nosedive.

I think I'm gonna wait till the series is over so I can watch it in one go and get some decent closure.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was so god-awful and boring. Once again Yoshino is the only thing I liked.
Mar 9, 2017 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
This is the worst episode i have seen this season, messed all the vibes man damn.Fuck this shit, I'm out.
Mar 9, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2015
been a pretty exciting episode. and I feel like the OST really stood out this time. And I feel like Makabe taking the initiative... seriously this time... kind of cool.
Mar 9, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
Anyone else felt irritated watching this episode?
This episode is boring...gosh.
Mar 9, 2017 1:24 PM
Feb 2017
He should date Neko and say Aki the truth about his past with her and after that he should marry Neko that aki will regret that she didnt say anything to him thats the perfect end.
Mar 9, 2017 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, this competition is getting interesting
Mar 9, 2017 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
I now almost understand why Gasou is hated so much.

Whatever his real plan is, he's happy to sit on the "betrothed" title with Adagaki, while Adagaki herself becomes all too flustered and does what he wants and agrees with his suggestions all too easily.It's a complete 180 on her personality that's sending Masamune up the wall.

Even Adagaki's friends aren't impressed by this at first, but thanks to Gasou, they still declare that Masamune is the bigger threat and then try to sabotage the Snow White play for Masamune's class.

Once again, Gasou comes in and suggests that both class 2-A and 2-B put on the same play, so it's pretty much a showdown between Masamune and Gasou.

Overall, the episode wasn't too bad at all, but with the addition of Gasou and Adagaki's personality around him doing a complete U-turn, the show has hit a bump in the road. Who knows how the last two episodes go, but I'm hoping for a satisfactory ending at the very least. =)
Mar 9, 2017 1:44 PM

Dec 2012
so will makabe kiss kojuro or nah
Mar 9, 2017 1:52 PM
Feb 2017
kawaii-despair said:
so will makabe kiss kojuro or nah

The real masamune will kiss adagaki you can see it in the Intro or whatever its called
Mar 9, 2017 1:53 PM

Feb 2016
oh boy, I do agree with being annoyed with those yuri girls and the fatty, but is not like I Dislike this... Don't know why always when this sort of things happens I always want the MC to stop "trying" and leave the Heroine behind making her regret her decision (but I know that won't happen)

lets see how this will develop through the end
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 9, 2017 1:59 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so mad about Neko. What was the point of those two (almost three) episodes of building her up as this mysterious, tragic character and then suddenly re-introducing her like none of that mattered? I get it's a gag anime, but that's just way too far.

Fat Masamune is stupid and Aki is so unbelievably OOC. At least they've set up a climax for the end of the show -- the only thing I'm mildly happy about.
Mar 9, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
I liked the episode :) 3 girls were annoying, but the episode was funny and entertaining. I also loved the confident Masamune after the training.The art here is amazing btw.
Mar 9, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2015
You guys are overreacting just a bit. I'm gonna wait for this to be resolved before I trash the show completely from one episode.

Mar 9, 2017 2:28 PM

May 2016
Not the biggest fan of this episode. They made Makabe out to be a super annoying prick. I suppose that was the point but it was really wasn't enjoyable to me. The whole episode itself was kind of annoying. Honestly the only good part was Yoshino's pantie shot.
Mar 9, 2017 2:28 PM
Jul 2016
What is going on! Look at the votes for this episode too! My heart cannot take anymore of this craziness! Please put out the next two episodes and i will relax but until that time come. I will be upset at whats going on right now! Cmon Makabe Masamune mess that fake pig a new!
"People who don't work hard don't have the right to be envious of the people with talent. People fail because they don't understand the hard work necessary to be successful."
-Yukino Yukinoshitta
Mar 9, 2017 2:44 PM
Apr 2013
The only good bit on this episode was Adagaki quoting Goemon
Mar 9, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
komasan said:
My enjoyment of this show went from 100 to 0 real quick.

Just finishing the episode and i'm thinking the same, why would they intrduce such a shitty character like that, it's not even realistic.
Mar 9, 2017 2:46 PM

May 2015
ComputerBreath said:
Not the biggest fan of this episode. They made Makabe out to be a super annoying prick. I suppose that was the point but it was really wasn't enjoyable to me. The whole episode itself was kind of annoying. Honestly the only good part was Yoshino's pantie shot.

The only annoying thing he did was that "forcing Aki up against the wall" bs.

Mar 9, 2017 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
This episode was a bit downhill... Everything felt too forced and annoying, from the story direction to certain characters. I'll still watch the last two episodes but for me, the ending will be very meh at this point.
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 9, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2015
Gasou wasn't as irritating as I thought he would be. Still one of the weaker episodes though.
Mar 9, 2017 3:21 PM
Jun 2016
Hell!! What was that. I mean the changement of personality of Aki pissed me off. We don't understand anything. It seems more like a "forcing" to make the story more interesting....
Mar 9, 2017 3:21 PM

Oct 2016
Those three Aki's friends made the episode annoying. Not to mention that the plot convenience was strong in this one.

I'm curious to see how the imposter will develop and why he is doing all this mess.
Mar 9, 2017 3:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That tubbo is ruining everything. I wonder if this is leading up to Masamune revealing the truth? Eh, I doubt it. Once that happens the story is pretty much over. He needs to expose this phony.

Welp, the only ship left is best ship, Masamune x Yoshino.
Mar 9, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2015
Hmm… so, her behavior towards Masamune changed like night to day because this faithful encounter(?)

Impostor kun already begun his c*ckbloking plan from preventing Masamune-kun from gaining more ground in his love revenge quest... even though if the new guy is somewhat annoying and I like Masamune-kun I got to be fair and both are using a dirty tactic to get the girl both are deceiving the girl even if she somewhat deserves it because of his bitchy attitude. Both are representing different sides of the same coin in my opinion...

I think Masamune alliance is more savvy than Impostor-kun (Master & Neko are ruthless and have keen senses and I would not underestimate Tae) compared to the trio that adore Adagaki.
Mar 9, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2014
I've never seen a show become from decent to shit so fast.
Mar 9, 2017 4:00 PM

Jul 2015
I think we are all annoyed at this development, not just at the impostor, but just at how unnecessary it is for Masamune to struggle with Aki even more when he still hasn't really made an incredible progress. I don't even like Aki as a character and this ep shows just how stupid she is to go with the impostor idiot when we've all clearly seen that she shows signs of liking Masamune. Like how far do you need to go to establish her as a tsundere ffs
Mar 9, 2017 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
I've been reading the manga side by side with watching each episode of the anime and really...it's not even the situation that's annoying, it's the massive dip in quality of the writing and the development of the characters. It feels like there is so much being forced to drag out the plot that the enjoyment of the series honestly just falls fast.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 9, 2017 4:46 PM

Dec 2009
blixie said:
Those yuri student council girls are pretty annoying.

They sure are... Eww.... -____-
Mar 9, 2017 4:57 PM

May 2015
Oh boy, the amount of "hated it" and "disliked it" says all about this episode.

But yeah, I don't like the chubby guy either, never liked him in the manga too.

Mar 9, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah I really FUCKING HATED this new episode and it really pushed my rage buttons, because it screamed sexist to guys, mostly because of Aki's Lesbo Bitch Club.

Also I was right, great, that fucking piece of shit appeared in the anime, let the cringe begin.

(Psst) Hey Masamune drop that Tsundere bitch and go for Neko, this BS revenge is not worth it.

Not to mention its ripping off Nisekoi.
HollowIchigo58Mar 9, 2017 6:32 PM
Mar 9, 2017 5:24 PM

Sep 2012
Well... This was really fuckedup. Didnt like the story progress in this episode. What the fuck with those 3 friends of Aki, the fatty popping up. very fuckedup,annoying and stupid writing. Hate such cliche writings!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 5:27 PM
Mar 2017
I dont feel like watching this anymore it kind of ruined the show for me ill just stop watching till they go back to normal in, if they ever do.
Mar 9, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
The challenge is on !
Mar 9, 2017 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
Based on what I've heard and read, I'm with the vast majority on those who think this phase of the story is regarded as the worst. According to them all, they weren't fans of the fat boy and how easily manipulated Aki is.
Mar 9, 2017 6:38 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, that fat guy is manipulation everyone including Aki, as he wishes lol
Where is that Aki from the first episodes??? Can't believe she is getting manipulated so much... That guy is trying to take her money lol
I still wonder who he is.
When Aki will find out that Masamune is that fat kid that she loved when they were kids, she will definitely fall in love with him.
#MasamuneTeam
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 9, 2017 7:54 PM

Jun 2007
Putting the frustration of the new character f'ing everything up aside, can we talk about the sudden character and artwork changes? Previous episodes felt far more serious. The "joke scenes" were fewer and the art that went with them actually fit. Makabe used to think things through. Now all of a sudden Makabe is super full of himself, joke scenes keep showing up and look way out of place artistically. The thought out suspense and drama have been replaced with what feels like a rushed story. Makabe now no longer thinks things through and we get a sense that he's a completely different character. I'm not digging these changes at all. It's like they started the story over again and turned Makabe into a desperate idiot who makes up goofy songs about himself and shit. I don't know if this was their way of showing how flustered and desperate Makabe at the current moment or if they swapped artists/directors but whatever the case may be, I'm not liking it at all.
Mar 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was not good, like what kind of writing is this? Then you have Aki basically ripping Futaba for no reason. Man this episode made me cringe, I hate when people get their was, such Garbage.
I'm really starting to enjoy this show less and less each week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 9, 2017 8:58 PM

May 2016
Kittens-kun said:
ComputerBreath said:

The only annoying thing he did was that "forcing Aki up against the wall" bs.

That didn't really bother me as much as the way he was acting. It seemed like he was way more full of himself than usual. I suppose it was because of his training but god was it super annoying.
Mar 9, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
The randomness of someone who had the nickname Masamune, randomly appearing exactly when Aki was thinking about the past is already forced enough, then we got the feminatzi group of 3, worshippers of "goddess" Aki ~ ugh,I'm gonna be sick.

Meanwhile, we get one short glimpse of Masamune's interactions with Neko and the natural way he can talk to her now once against makes it so unfortunate that he rejected her. And I don't mean natural in a childhood friendish way where the MC usually doesn't even consider her a romantic interest, Masamune's aware of her feelings and even considered her as a love interest.
Mar 9, 2017 10:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aki's friends reaction when they saw her hanging out with the chubby Masamune, priceless lol
Seems that new Masamune is just blocking the MC from seeing Aki.
It's quite interesting I'll give it that.
More Neko is always welcomed.

Yoshino and Makabe were hilarious in the park scene. I actually wouldn't mind if hooked up.
Kojuuro's reaction when they announced the play lol
So cute and adorable.

Mar 9, 2017 10:19 PM
Feb 2016
I agree with everyone saying they loved the show up until this point. This is the kind of doppelgänger, plot-muddling bullshit that ruins any harem-type anime that is on he fringe of greatness. Let's be honest, very few are ever excellent, but lazyass "plot twists" like this are literally the worst kind of trash you can use as filler. I was ranking this anime a 9/10, no joke, but after this stupid introduction of convolution, I can't rank it any higher than 6/10—if that. It sucks too, because before the end of the last episode (when they deliberately introduce a character that looks exactly like his old fat self, and they never ONCE discuss their "past" nor his pigs foot nickname) I was eagerly waiting for the next episode. Now I'm just watching it to finish it.... ruined.
blaiceMar 9, 2017 10:24 PM
Mar 9, 2017 10:25 PM

Oct 2015
This episode could have been so awesome if the characters were just slightly more realistic with the way they handle things, I mean how the hell was that fraud pig's foot so easily accepted as someone Aki knew from the past and why doesn't Aki question why he doesn't bring up how things ended the last time they met

Aki's friends were a real pain to watch, why the f*ck should someone else's love live be your business, she can do whatever she wants with herself, this is one of those Japanese idolization habits that i absolutely hate
Mar 9, 2017 10:30 PM

Dec 2011
Just from reading the comment, this series finally shows its worst. Glad i dropped it 2 episodes ago.

God, every character in this series have something wrong in their head.
Mar 9, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2016
I hate that fatso!
I was watching with my eyes like dagger staring at that annoying fake fatty.
I hate how everything goes so smoothly with that fatty though.
I hope that fatso's mask will reveal itself before the end of this anime.
It was a good episode but with only 2 episodes left, I wonder how they will deal with that problem.
footmasterMar 9, 2017 11:10 PM
Mar 9, 2017 11:12 PM

Mar 2016
Everyone's bitching about Fatamune-kun and I'm just over here admiring Yoshino

...and her pantsu.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2017

130 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.