Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 10, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Arikado- said:
E. Dragon CG ... well, it isn't really a surprise.
Will Midou alone control E. Dragon? omfg Anime Midou must have too much lifespan, because I thought it was impossible (VN)
Anime Lucia isn't too loyal to Guardian huh ... switching sides for personal reasons, fk the world.

JanusVonMaria said:

5) Tenma, the baldy, is damn good at playing the piano.

For sure, anyone who can play piano even without hands are damn good.

I think the reason why Lucia did that is because she doesn't honestly want to hurt anyone, at least this is something I had in mind when I read the Visual Novel.

Sep 10, 2016 4:13 PM
Jul 2016
Arikado- said:
Will Midou alone control E. Dragon? omfg Anime Midou must have too much lifespan, because I thought it was impossible (VN)
Anime Lucia isn't too loyal to Guardian huh ... switching sides for personal reasons, fk the world.

JanusVonMaria said:

5) Tenma, the baldy, is damn good at playing the piano.

Didn't you know that Tenma is using a wig? The two of them are baldies because Fuego burnt their hair, Midou is using a cap to hide his hair to avoid making his two other friends mad due to his mistake.

And on another tangent, Lucia was never too loyal to Guardian in the VN either, she was loyal to the creator of her justice boobs (As stated in Kotarou's amigo entries).
Sep 10, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Akane is being possessed by the "Holy Woman" and the song of destruction has begun, setting the stage for the ending. I'm sure we'll see some form of battle royale between Kotaru's crew, Guardian, and Gaia. The way things are going, I think we'll see an ending with a yet unseen kind of "salvation" from the Key not involving the end of humanity, based on the good memories she experienced unique to this new route.

AzureSymphony said:
So... is the VN structured similar to this (random forced comedy, plot development that has about the depth of a puddle, plot holes and loose ends galore) or have they just pulled a Charlotte with this anime adaptation?

No, not at all. The comedy was almost entirely in the common route, the heroine routes, moon, and terra ranged from serious to outright despair, with mostly bittersweet endings.
Sep 10, 2016 4:21 PM

Jan 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Arikado- said:

I think the reason why Lucia did that is because she doesn't honestly want to hurt anyone, at least this is something I had in mind when I read the Visual Novel.

Right, but I'm thinking about Kagari not the Occult Club.
Kagari saved her life, 'ok you have my gratitude but the fate of the world is the Guardian matter', something like that.

@JanusVonMaria lfmao HAHAHAH
Arikado-Sep 10, 2016 4:27 PM
Sep 10, 2016 4:22 PM
Jul 2016
TheLittleRedHero said:
Ranoutofideas said:
in that case I'll watch the last two episodes, even though I dropped it.....besides I need a reason to get drunk and the last two episodes are my reasons lol.

Wait... why even drop something when you're close to the end of a series? No offense though... I just find it ridiculous. I guess that's just my way of thinking.
no no it's fine lol, I dropped it at episode 3 I'm just going to watch the last two episodes so I can drink alcohol lol. Like I said before everyone always told me you need a reason to drink and well I found my reason.
Sep 10, 2016 4:27 PM
Jul 2016
seeker_moc said:
Well, Akane is being possessed by the "Holy Woman" and the song of destruction has begun, setting the stage for the ending. I'm sure we'll see some form of battle royale between Kotaru's crew, Guardian, and Gaia. The way things are going, I think we'll see an ending with a yet unseen kind of "salvation" from the Key not involving the end of humanity, based on the good memories she experienced unique to this new route.

AzureSymphony said:
So... is the VN structured similar to this (random forced comedy, plot development that has about the depth of a puddle, plot holes and loose ends galore) or have they just pulled a Charlotte with this anime adaptation?

No, not at all. The comedy was almost entirely in the common route, the heroine routes, moon, and terra ranged from serious to outright despair, with mostly bittersweet endings.

But Akane getting brainwashed and possessed is BS, in the VN she was still herself but with a strengthened hate due to the memories that she got from the Holy Women.
Sep 10, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2014
AzureSymphony said:
The VN is over 50hrs long...this adaptation is about 260min long...what do ya think? But in all seriousness, the VN goes far more in depth to each girl, has better story progression and while there is still comedy to be found in the heroine routes, they are far more series and progress really well with alot of serious moments and good character/romance development. Comparing the VN to the anime would be like comparing apples to oranges - they are too different in the first place.
Sep 10, 2016 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Lucia is alive of course
Sep 10, 2016 7:05 PM

Sep 2015
huh since when earth dragon can be used for 1 summoner only
oh god this midou op as f and they gonna make midou use fogo again i bet

suzaki just pop out nowhere and replace kotarou and akane scene with sakura
Into the Internet!
Sep 10, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
AzureSymphony said:
Both. The actual visual novel is also disjointed with plot problems and awkward comedy,but the anime's pulled enough of a Charlotte to make things worse.
Sep 10, 2016 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
"Unnecessary fanservice"

I think you guys need to read between the lines a little bit

What this show is aiming for is to create a place for these 6 lonely people(excluding kagari) to have a place for themselves, to enjoy their youth, to have someone else that would confirm their existence and save them from their loneliness.

The OkaKen was great but the girls and kota didn't get close enough to each other because of each one's internal conflict. now with what happened they are getting closer to each other.

The bath scene was done to show how much the girls has gotten closer to each other and them partially exposing themselves to each other is a metaphor of how they opened themselves to each other and that they are in good terms now, this even gets more clear when Lucia tells her story to Chihaya and Kotori

of course Kotarou entering was done just for comedic effect but thats fine.

People seem to hate these kinds of scenes since they are subconsciously afraid that someone might call this a harem, but you know only Kagari and probably Lucia are the ones who love Kotarou in this route.

I'm really glad that they are making the girls interact with each other more than they did in the VN

tl;dr
The anime did this to show how the girls are getting closer to each other and removing the barriers that were separating them from each other when they were in the OkaKen
Sep 10, 2016 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
Just garbage.
They couldn't even wait 2 minutes to bring Lucia back after that and of fucking course Chihaya just happens to stumble onto her and bring her to the hideout.
I really hate this type of bullshit. Character gets stabbed, falls of a cliff and the episode ends and next episode they are just in a hospital or something and everything is fine by the end of the episode. Just pisses me off.
I also have no idea how Midou is suppose to control the Earth Dragon on his own since you need to literally throw summoners at it to power it in the VN at least.
Maybe those other 2 will help since they're monsters are dead anyway.
There were a few scenes with Kagari and it looks like everything is nearing it's climax but I'm just done with this series. 11 episodes in and after this bullshit they just pulled, there is no way I'm giving this anything higher than a 6. Maybe 7 if the ending is amazing but I doubt it.
Sep 10, 2016 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
So we get a proper explanation of Gaia's goal. They want to save the world. Only planet earth and not the humans inhabiting it. They believe that humans are the source of all this crap in the world and if humans continue to plague this planet then it's doomed. So the best decision is to kill all humans because obviously the planet is better off with everyone dying as the home is more important than its residents.

So, Gaia wants to save the planet and not necessarily the inhabitants, the Guardians want to save the planet and its inhabitants, and the druid couldn't care less about this crap. Gaia wants to protect the Key and wait for her decision on the fate of humanity in hopes that their decisions match. The Guardians want the Key gone because of the off chance that the "salvation" may not be saving humans. The druid doesn't really care about all this crap and only wants to protect the Key until she makes a decision.

Through the time spent with Koutaro, Kagari has learned a lot about humans and is slowly coming to her decision. She knows that humans are foolish creatures but they still have their good points too. And her decision is seemingly aligning with Gaia's.

Akane is becoming a full-fledged saint as her granny is dying. These saints become one person as they get their predecessors' memories and start thinking in the same way. But Akane is trying to fight the saint within.

Lucia survives despite being badly stabbed and falling off a cliff. Kotori and Kagari heal her. Lucia reveals her secret power to Chihaya during the fanservice part of the episode. And Chihaya apologizes for saying those mean things back then. Why was Kagari embarrassed when Koutaro started to strip? Didn't she herself strip at Koutaro's house when he was in the bath? Maybe she learned more things on the internet related to stuff like this.
Sep 10, 2016 8:44 PM

Jun 2015
WOW VN GUYS KEEP YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS DOWN.

Good episode, nice pacing, more kotori is Always good.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 10, 2016 10:11 PM

Dec 2014
wait... it is poisonous only at lucia hands and not everywhere else (at her body)...that got me thing..... no wait nothing..... Finale is so close..let's see how it ends
ibraheem234Sep 10, 2016 10:33 PM
Sep 10, 2016 10:13 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
There would have been Lucia fans causing an uproar if the show killed off Lucia. Good thing she survived.

I'm liking the whole Akane focus. Seems like she's almost ready to take over as the new ruler.

I'd love to see a KagaLu ship
So hilarious seeing Kagari licking the coffee from Lucia's face. Kagari knows what's up, and she can thank the INTERNET.

Sep 10, 2016 11:12 PM

Jul 2013
Episode 1:

Episode 11:

GGs, 8bit CG team..
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 11, 2016 1:15 AM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Lucia surviving. I'm curious if there will be any side effects form the ribbon on her stomach.

Poor Akane is losing it.
Sep 11, 2016 3:20 AM

Jul 2012
Good thing is Lucia survived. Everything else is just garbage. It's really painful to watch this as it just becomes worse and worse.
Up until now, the only good thing about this series is Lucia' "Lock on" moment.
Sep 11, 2016 4:01 AM
Dec 2014
I think we should say that this anime is an "other route" for Rewrite

And since rewrite is an all routes mystery where you can't understand the story if you didn't play all the routes....

This would make sense to some VN readers, but I don't recommend any anine only to watch rewrite anime before reading the VN
Sep 11, 2016 4:09 AM

Jul 2014
Oh look, Lucia survived. What a fucking surprise. This show is terrible and utterly pointless at this point. Why care about the characters or feel any tension when they'll magically survive no matter how dead they should be?

For a Key show, this is complete and utter shite, plain and simple. The people behind this should be ashamed at making something this poor.
AtavisticSep 11, 2016 4:18 AM
Sep 11, 2016 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
Bringing back Lucia after killing her off last week destroyed my hope that this show may turn out decent in the end... oh well.

As bad as this adaptation is, the coffee joke with Sakuya still amuses me.
Sep 11, 2016 8:18 AM
Jan 2014
the anime clearly wants a happy end. after all those sad endings in the visual novel.

except for chihaya. which seem like the only good ending.
Sep 11, 2016 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Oh look, Lucia survived. What a fucking surprise. This show is terrible and utterly pointless at this point. Why care about the characters or feel any tension when they'll magically survive no matter how dead they should be?

For a Key show, this is complete and utter shite, plain and simple. The people behind this should be ashamed at making something this poor.

Key make VNs, not animes. Feel free to use 8bit or Aniplex names and throw your frustration on them, pls. Don't link Key to a responsibility with this shame, Never happened anything like that to Lucia in the VN, this is original anime content part.
Sep 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
Sigh... *ding*
Sigh... *ding*
Sigh... *ding*
Sigh... *ding*
Sigh... *ding*

Sin count: 423398721309
Sep 11, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2015
danieltortoisee said:

Blame Tanaka. He wrote this garbage. And I still can't believe it.
Sep 11, 2016 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
danieltortoisee said:

Still better than Shoukomeza though.
LanzSep 11, 2016 9:36 AM
Sep 11, 2016 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
Well, it's not too surprising that Lucia and the guy she battled against both survived.

Akane being controlled and the start of the song of destruction should lead us to a 'shit hits the fan' type of episode next week. Since Lucia survived, I doubt anymore of our main cast will die now.

A decent episode overall, but I'm definitely playing the VN after this though. I'll understand Rewrite a lot better that way. =)
Sep 11, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2015
Of course people are salty about this episode... I personally liked the focus on Akane. Sure, Lucia surviving was a little illogical, but that's plot armor for you. Yeah, the bath scene was fanservice, but it also showed the girls getting along with one another. And I'm liking the plot progression with Kagari. Besides, there are much worse shows airing right now, such as Hatsukoi Monster and Taboo Tattoo. In my opinion, Rewrite's been a rather decent anime.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 11, 2016 5:00 PM
Apr 2011
I actually liked this because I feel like I noticed a point most people didn't.

Kagari uses her ribbons to attack, right? And she used part of her ribbons to heal Lucia. Which means that she's going to be weaker when the Earth Dragon comes to fight her.

As for the dinosaur vs Earth dragon CG argument, one's a dinosaur, one's a familiar. They aren't the same, so they aren't going to look the same lol
- Editor for Chihiro Subs and Lead Editor for Amaterasu Translations

Jesus, I never thought a more shit opinion could exist than "Fairy Tail is a good anime". -SaberARV

Sep 11, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2010
WHAT XD I can't believe Lucia didn't die. I mean, wound is one thing, but her spine should have been broken after that fall. She fell in the middle of the night and was just lying there for at least a few hours without bleeding out? Ooookay.

Eh, no idea why but I still kinda liked it actually. I guess I got used to mindless fun instead of well written, thought-provoking, engaging plot. Oh welp who cares. ONSEN TAIMU!

zaydgh123 said:
"Unnecessary fanservice"

I think you guys need to read between the lines a little bit

Um, yeah, nope, pretty sure you're just reading too much into it. It was just fanservice for pandering otaku.
Sep 11, 2016 8:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Knew Lucia-chan wouldnt go down so easily!

I liked this episode overall, seen it along with the previous episode.
Some really interesting original content there, that fanservice I will never forget, there were lots of it.
Lucia only needs to be the focus of the show for me to enjoy this one.

She easily steals the show for me.

Also I dont get some comments were, seems like people were expecting much even after going original route. It is better now, than it was while following the VN, badly at that, but at least for a Rewrite fan as myself it is being enjoyable, dunno if same could be possible from a perspective from an anime viewer, since there is alot of shit going on too fast, to even make sense for the most part, if you have not readed the VN.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Lucia D:
At least she's alive...I would of been pissed if she died like that.

Akane feels slightly out of character. Meanwhile, there's also the other girls working together including Lucia. Kagari's role in this episode is also noticeable for her narrative about their world. Still, I'm really glad to see Lucia doing much better now.

The anime isnt being clear about it, that is what they get when they try to summ up so much different information from all the different routes.
Sakura, the women in the wheelchair is a Saint, being a Saint is like a cursed spirit, that has existed for many centuries, it all started with a gifted girl, that could heal people, great powers that later on brought her supposed death, but her soul didnt rest, instead, her memories and experiences passed along to her closest follower, all the hatred and suffering, in a never ending circle, the curse of being the Saint, The Holy Woman.
Sakura, has a deep hatred for humanity due to the Saint curse having taken over her, at one point when the previous Saint was dying, her memories started to fuse with Sakura, that is when they start to become Saints.

This is what is happening to Akane, it is not herself giving all those orders but the Saint possessing her, the hatred the cursed soul built up with all the experience that it has suffered by humanity hands by many centurions (having seen humanity's evil deeds), there is no way for The Holy Women to rest, when the body dies, she migrates towards the next vessel, the madness of the Saint only increasing.
Akane is legimitly trying to fight it, but it is too strong, even being original I can already foresee some events, things are about to be very nasty, all the more considering they are going for a feel of Akane's route.
PlaycoolSep 11, 2016 9:01 PM
Sep 11, 2016 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
BrandNew_Lanz said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Still better than Shoukomeza though.

I actually enjoyed Shoujo tachi so...
Sep 12, 2016 4:11 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad to see that Lucia survived. Kagari's eyes going blank several times worries me. The same goes for Akane, too.
Sep 12, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2010
Lucia survived! Good. I don't care if it makes sense or not.

Here comes the much awaited Akane backstory. I'm glad I have already read the spoilers from the wiki, so I was able to understand it despite it being rushed. She's being possessed by the Holy Women memories (which are like previous existences of the saint) Basically the original saint died and passed her memories+pain to the next. the 2nd passed the original+her own memories to the 3rd and so on. With each step, the malevolence kept growing. By the time it reached Sakura, the malevolence became way too strong and she started wanting to destroy the world. Now that she has passed the saint role to Akane, she's being possessed, too but she's different. Akane actually doesn't want to hurt her friends at least, and is fighting against it. Despite all her hatred for humanity, she cares for her friends.
Also another key thing is, that most saint women lived a horrible life. There was love, too, but the dark emotions were stronger.

Wow Kotori's magic involves some real creativity.

Kagari just wanted to yuri with coffee I see.
Chihaya x Lucia tho

Good episode, overall. They could do better with the saint thing tho.
TragicRomanceSep 12, 2016 4:39 AM
Sep 12, 2016 2:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now that the anime is nearing the end its certainly getting more exciting.

Im glad that Lucia managed to survive the fight and the fall as well though it looks like she only just barely survived

Who would have thought that Kotori was such a good healer

Lol Kotaru being slapped by a ribbon repeatedly

If the war between the two factions never existed then im sure everyone will be great friends and be like normal teenagers

Now if Akane can defy her adapted parents then things will be better

So does Akane have two different personalities then because now she doesn't care about her friends now unlike earlier and yet her hand was twitching when she gave that order
or is she starting to get possessed by the saint ?

Lol Lucia being princess carried by Chihaya
that was just hillarious next to the coffee scene with kageri

And Kageri is just so innocent and carefree even when both Lucia who represents Guardian and Chihaya and Sakuya for Gaia stated their goals she remains unchanged

Overall this was a good episode that moved the story along and also reunited
the characters though with the exception of Shizuru and Akane.
This episode gave the characters a chance to relax and unwind which is a good thing as it looks like this is the calm before the storm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the episode. Akane possessed by Sakura's memories and now giving orders.

Glad Lucia didn't died, and Kagari-chan showing various sides of emotions was good to see.

The light-hearted bath scene was a relaxing mutual understanding of each other's goal, maybe coz the next eps are going to be all-out war.
Sep 12, 2016 6:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
redstormer said:
the anime clearly wants a happy end. after all those sad endings in the visual novel.

Far from it, I dont believe this season will have an happy ending, anyone that has readed Rewrite, Moon and Terra, come on we know what is about to happen...
Sep 12, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
Happy ending? lol i don't think so

People are forgetting about this:

And this:

Sep 13, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2011
Lucia is alive. Those memories from Akane. That's why they need Kagari. End is near nooo
Sep 13, 2016 12:02 PM

Feb 2016
Playcool said:
redstormer said:

Far from it, I dont believe this season will have an happy ending, anyone that has readed Rewrite, Moon and Terra, come on we know what is about to happen...

Look at the OPs, literally confirms a bad end but people still dont think so.

Sep 13, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
Kagari was hilarious again in this episode.

I felt like she did sing in a previous episode...anyone wanna help me remember if it did in fact happen?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Ma3seb said:

I'm concerned about this
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
God what a lame character interactions. It's just making Rewrite look like any typical harem show. I can't wait for it to end.
Sep 13, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2016
SoraSenpai said:
Ma3seb said:

I'm concerned about this

Happens in one of the routes, if your an anime only ignore this please.

Sep 13, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2015
Yourlolm said:
SoraSenpai said:

I'm concerned about this

Happens in one of the routes, if your an anime only ignore this please.

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 13, 2016 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
rasenshiruken973 said:
God what a lame character interactions. It's just making Rewrite look like any typical harem show. I can't wait for it to end.

I'm with you, mate.
Sep 13, 2016 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
This whole episode was plot, and messing with Lucia. Anyway, things are building up to the finale, and I hope that this anime ends on a strong note. This has been pretty rushed, and quite random. Not a very good story overall, but pretty enjoyable. Just 2 episodes left.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 13, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Kagari is the best girl :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2016 11:15 PM

Oct 2008
Thank god Lucia is alive and well and saved by Koutarou and Co. + Kagari's help.
There would definitely be a clash with Gaia, Guardian, Midou (with familiar Dragon) and same with Koutarou's group.
4/5.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.