Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah another episode of emotional feels.

What I liked about this episode is Kakeru's continuous growing relationship with almost everyone around him. Oh and of course, there's an awkward moment between Kakeru and Naho. Very shoujoish type of scene but I think it does give even more of a closure moment between the duo:

Naho still has focused thoughts about the future..hmm. The Saku and Azusa moments were also kinda cute :p
Aug 21, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2014
Awww I love that Kakeru and Naho are growing closer. They're awkward but it's a start!

I love the group of friends that they have. All of them are amazing.
kyle8998Aug 21, 2016 10:26 AM
Hi there
Aug 21, 2016 9:59 AM
Aug 2016
I feel sorry for Sawo though :(
Aug 21, 2016 10:06 AM

Sep 2015
As expected they all received a letter
new visual for the ending, idk why but ok
Aug 21, 2016 10:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everyone got a letter, great scene. I loved that Hagita went to Azu to talk about this.

Very, very sad scene when Kakeru wanted to hold hands with her twice, yet Naho is too stupid to realize anything, i feel so sorry for this guy. She is probably too caught up in the letters to think straight.
Aug 21, 2016 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone got a letter. That was a great scene!
Aug 21, 2016 10:20 AM
Jan 2011
Is Naho this dumb? I rather have Kakeru just date Suwa, Suwa is the real MVP of this show. Also why would you not look at the letters?! For all you know Kakeru may try to kill himself again. Sigh, I love the show but I just wish Naho wasn't this stupid.
Aug 21, 2016 10:21 AM

Jan 2015
kyle8998 said:
Awww I love that Kakeru and Naho are growing closer.
They do seem growing closer, even when it didn't seem that close. Still plenty of "awkwardness" when they too close, I think.
"It's gotta be Naho-chan". That mother intuition. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 21, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2016
Loved it, especially the last scene! 5/5
Aug 21, 2016 10:31 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again, Don't think they missed anything adaptation wise as well.

Poor Hagita, Everyone likes to tease him.

Glad to see everyone volunteering to run the relay together.

Kakeru was too shy to outright say he wanted to hold hands and Naho was overthinking too much led to some awkwardness between the two. Still kinda sad that Naho couldn't realize all he wanted was to hold hands.

I've always loved the scene where everyone shows their letters, Really shows how close and tight-knit a group they all are. :) Soundtrack was great.
Naho can finally start relying on the others instead of just Suwa and the letter.
Aug 21, 2016 10:53 AM

Jul 2013
After the reveal of Suwa having a letter too and some foreshadowing of the previous episode, the last scene didn't surprised me at all. It was still heartwarming, though. Now, Naho could rely on her friends too and not only in her letter.

Naho is sure dense as a brick, lol, she didn't realized what Kakeru wanted to do when he offered his hand to her. Wonder how the relay race will end, hope they don't fuck it off and ends turning Kakeru's situation worse.

Poor Hagita, however. Being the butt monkey of the series is not easy :(

Aug 21, 2016 10:54 AM

Jan 2013
Makes sense they all got letters, but took so long to tell eachother.
Would be interesting if they tell Kakeru directly
Aug 21, 2016 11:02 AM

Jul 2014
Really don't see why such a close group of friends would hide the letters from each other like they've been doing up to this point. Mind you, it's interesting seeing the different approaches these characters take with regards to the letter, particularly with the relay. Also, I feel like Naho's decision to neglect the letter, even if all the others have letters too, is going to cause some big issues soon; after all, her letter is probably the most important when it comes to saving Kakeru given that none of them are closer to him than Naho is.
Aug 21, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah.... I don't think Naho not reading is letter at all is the best idea.. If you don't want to do everything it says, atleast read it, like with the relay.
Aug 21, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
and I'm here expecting that glasses guy confess his love to that girl... why you do this to me?
Well, that aside, now Naho can proceed with more support, since everybody got a letter. But seriously Naho, just go out with him already, it will save him, maybe...
Aug 21, 2016 11:34 AM

Mar 2015
And here I was thinking that Hagita confessed to Azu <.<
Just let that ship sail already 3:
Aug 21, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2015
Kind of expected that everyone would have a letter
I kind of wonder whether Kakeru will be saved in the end
Aug 21, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2014
I have the feeling this is not going to end well.. Really hope they'll save Kakeru..
Aug 21, 2016 12:00 PM

Aug 2013
Are they lacking in budget? A lot of derp and weird faces in this episode. I hope that it was only temporary.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 21, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
I honestly can't believe this is at an 8 score. This MC is killing me on the inside -_-. Is it better to just read the manga or something? Or is the manga just as stupid as this? At this rate, she's going to be the reason why Kakeru is depressed and kills himself (not that I care either way, since I feel like Suwa gets screwed out of everything due to this guy). I was hoping for a good romance story and I got this... Why didn't she just take the guys hand, is she this stupid even with letters telling her what to freakin do!!!!hhjfhlfhjkHJFH

If there weren't 5 episodes left, I think I would have dropped this already. I don't know why I have been expecting this to get better, but it feels like it gets dumber with each episode. The ending better make up for this. I haven't felt sad a single time watching this because I just can't relate to the characters besides Suwa. He's literally the only character I give a shit about and he's the one getting the short end of the stick from everyone (Kakeru unintentionally, Naho, even the girls in their group told him to back off). Like for real this poor guy, and everyone is too busy dickriding Kakeru.
CejaraAug 21, 2016 12:12 PM
Aug 21, 2016 12:10 PM

Nov 2007
Naho is so irritating
She is practically emotional cripple

and basically just...she and Kakeru are TERRIBLE for each other. With their personalities the combination is.....ugh
Aug 21, 2016 12:24 PM

Aug 2015
So they revealed that everyone else received letters as well. Come on Naho.... the dude just want to hold hands jeez.
Aug 21, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Black_wind said:
Naho is so irritating
She is practically emotional cripple

and basically just...she and Kakeru are TERRIBLE for each other. With their personalities the combination is.....ugh

Exactly, its a shit pairing. I don't even think her and Suwa are that great of a pair either, but they seem a little better together than Kakeru and her, since Suwa is the type of man she needs that is outspoken and assertive. Suwa should just save Kakeru himself and they should be the OTP of best bros 4 evah.

I like Hagita and that blonde haired girl pairing though. They weren't together in the future though were they? Who knows, maybe this experience will bring them closer. I think there a more interesting ship than boring ass Naho and Kakeru.
Aug 21, 2016 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
I really starting to hate Naho. Just hold Kakeru's hand ffs! Also not suprised that they all have recived a letter.
Aug 21, 2016 12:33 PM
Mar 2015
fucking hell, I hate the moments that Naho can't even hold his hand

HOW DUMB IS SHE
Aug 21, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2016
Getting pretty impatient with Naho here. I think it's pretty clear what Kakeru wants... jeez girl, how slow can you get?
Aug 21, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2015
Aw, I really was thinking that Hagita and Azu were going to get together! Naho and Kakeru's relationship is still pretty awkward, but that's okay. Also, it's nice that everyone got a letter even if that was a bit predictable.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 21, 2016 12:46 PM

Mar 2016
I kinda dont like Naho and Kakeru little bit as well but rest of the group is good, specially Suwa, the best bro 2016
Aug 21, 2016 12:50 PM

Sep 2015
Naho.... why? It was pretty obvious that he wanted to hold your hand, are you blind or something ? I don't remember being that irritated with her when I was reading the manga but well in the anime she is really getting on my nerves

Apart from that, the ep was good but the animation was really weird. Hope it's just temporary
Aug 21, 2016 12:52 PM
Sep 2015
Hagita is 100% me. He's my favorite character until now.
I'll give this episode a 4/5 because of the animation. It wasn't good. Their faces looked unnatural?
Aug 21, 2016 1:09 PM

Nov 2008
This was a strange episode due to what to what others have said about the animation compared to how it was at the start of the series and also because Naho was cringe. I've enjoyed every episode so far except this one. This was filler and the whole "they all have letters" thing was so obvious I could have skipped this one. Onwards and upwards..
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Aug 21, 2016 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
So they all got letters afterall. And still none were able to save Kakeru's mom? Geez, that idiotic plot hole keeps looking worse and worse. Well whatever. Was expecting the relay this week but they held off. Poor Suwa, his mom supports a ship that will never be. :( Then again, maybe it's for the best considering Naho was dumb enough not to realize Kakeru wanted to hold hands. She continues to look bad. XD
Aug 21, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2015
That ending scene was great. I seriously love Hagita's character XD. Looks like they changed the ED's visuals in this episode.

Aug 21, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2015
When she asked him to walk with her I was thinking "Great! She realized that he wanted to hold hands!". Then she ended up repeating the same mistake leaving me to facepalm in front of my monitor.
Aug 21, 2016 1:59 PM

Mar 2016
animefan8800 said:
So they all got letters afterall. And still none were able to save Kakeru's mom? Geez, that idiotic plot hole keeps looking worse and worse.

^Last week I said if they all got letters then they weren't all good ones. I think Suwa and Naho's were specific, while the others' letters just said to wait till Naho and/or Suwa asked for help in saving him (since Naho and Suwa are closest to Kakeru).

Anyways, stupid Naho! WHY didn't they show her and Kakeru finally holding hands at the end?! I'll be sad if it doesn't happen next week :( I'm really nervous about who Naho will end up with in the end...everyone seems to ship Naho and Suwa and yes, Suwa is a great guy, but I think Naho and Kakeru would make the perfect couple.
BlondieAug 21, 2016 2:04 PM
Aug 21, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2014
The second time she asked "what?" after he offered his hand....... Just deserved a facepalm.
Great episode nonetheless, Orange is defo one of the best this season.

Also, will this anime cover the whole manga since it's only 13 episodes long?
Aug 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Jan 2016
everyone getting a letter is bull, is that really canon and the movie changed it?!
The feels for the race <3.... kakeru's words hurt...
aaaaaah, those two were/are so cute :c
HAHAHAHA Suwa's mom... Q_Q

Aug 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2014
Jesus gurl just hold his hand FFS
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 21, 2016 2:26 PM
Jun 2016
The part in the nurse's office where Kakeru says he loves Naho, but doesn't think they should date because he's afraid to hurt her had me raging for a good 15 minutes. It's a bullshit way to excuse himself from his feelings while saying he has a good cause, only it leaves her open for getting hurt. He confirmed that he wants to, but just won't.

Then there was the part right after that when Naho wondered whether or not them dating would lead to his death. Dumbass. If your goal is to make him happy so he'll have no regrets, then dating is a pretty direct way of trying to do that.

I'm glad the ending of the episode played their roadblocks as an inability to properly communicate and understand each other, with the hand holding thing. That gives me hope that this show won't end with them continuing to hold back for stupid reasons, and open up to each other instead. "We're being idiots. I love you. You love me. Let's go."
Aug 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Nov 2015
Xirome said:
Also, will this anime cover the whole manga since it's only 13 episodes long?

I didn't read the manga but since the manga is finished and the anime speed up and covers two chapters per episode (as you can read on the comments at the last episodes), I'll guess: Yeah, it'll cover the whole manga. :)
Aug 21, 2016 2:34 PM

Sep 2008
Naho wins the prize as dumbest girlfriend ever. I mean, I know she's never had a boyfriend, but come on, how can she be that dense? She's actually the worst character in the cast to be given the job of saving Kakeru. Any of the other characters could do a better job. He would already have been saved LOL. BTW if I had to pick a waifu from this group it would be Azu hands down, she's cute, energetic and smart.

Not reading the letter is another bad decision. Way to go Naho.

Suwa remains best bro of the year. My favorite character in the show.

The scene where they all showed their letters was well done. 4/5 for the episode, despite Naho's lack of personal development, poor judgment, and stupidity.
Aug 21, 2016 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
So this episode they faint and trip. Astounding! Japanese people sure are frail/clumsy.
Aug 21, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, Naho is so dumb sometimes, gurl! What you thought he wanted? Money? XD

Aug 21, 2016 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
It was another plot twist, but it only makes sense for all of them to have gotten a letter. In any case, I'm not that surprised after Suwa.
Aug 21, 2016 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Naho...seriously?

Kakeru's also at fault, more so than Naho at that. If you're going to offer the idea, you might as well express it with your words.

It's like he's trying to make things difficult on purpose by being such a drama queen.

I hope Suwa and Naho somehow get together in this timeline as well even if Kakeru is saved. I'm sure it won't happen, but I'm hoping it does anyways.
SJ7izmAug 21, 2016 3:35 PM
Aug 21, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2015
I think Kakeru will find out about the letters others are getting and think they only cared for him cuse of the letters and BOOM drama explosion....
also Naho just hold hands with the man dear god how can she be such a dumb girl p...p
Aug 21, 2016 3:37 PM

Jun 2014
A lot of people have complained about Naho in previous forums, and I've defended her in my head and tried not to let everyone else influence my opinion on Naho, but come on girl, when a guy holds out his hand (and has a sad look on his face), anyone can tell what that means. I understand there are some people out there that are absolutely horrible at picking up hints, but this takes the cake.

All of them having letters isn't too surprising either. After Suwa's reveal, I was patiently waiting for the rest of them to reveal the same thing, and we finally got that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 21, 2016 3:51 PM

Aug 2014
SHE IS SO DUMB AND SO DENSE...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE
Let me put away the only thing that sometimes helps me set it right because I am an imbecile,dense,retarded person who needs to just be told plain and straight what to do and let me think about my lover and what he wants,I think I can really do it...guess what BITCH?You can't.He wanted to HOLD YOUR HAND,if I was one of your best friends I would give you a royal beatdown every 5 minutes in the head,with hard and acute things
I mean come on,as said by some other people,Kakeru would have better chances at this point dating Suwa,a hot,smart and caring pair for him...hell at this point a dog who can read has better chances of saving him than that dumb bitch,a paralyzed,1 legged army soldier could do better
kalim432Aug 21, 2016 4:00 PM
Aug 21, 2016 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
Lol Takano & Azu talking in sync.
Great of everyone to join Kakeru in the relay race.

Haha Hagita is so hilarious. I love this guy.
Come on Naho. Kakaru just wants to hold your hand.

Hagita & Azu need to be a couple already. They are so funny together.

Everyone else got a letter. Time to save Kakeru together.
Lovely & beautiful artwork in the ED song.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Aug 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Aug 2014
blondiekk8 said:
animefan8800 said:
So they all got letters afterall. And still none were able to save Kakeru's mom? Geez, that idiotic plot hole keeps looking worse and worse.

^Last week I said if they all got letters then they weren't all good ones. I think Suwa and Naho's were specific, while the others' letters just said to wait till Naho and/or Suwa asked for help in saving him (since Naho and Suwa are closest to Kakeru).

Anyways, stupid Naho! WHY didn't they show her and Kakeru finally holding hands at the end?! I'll be sad if it doesn't happen next week :( I'm really nervous about who Naho will end up with in the end...everyone seems to ship Naho and Suwa and yes, Suwa is a great guy, but I think Naho and Kakeru would make the perfect couple.

I mean considering her denseness I think she would end up killing both of them,I now realize how she didn't end up surrounded bu flames in her own house,with the baby starving and her asking the poor 1 year old what was wrong....Suwa is really a humanitarian,sacrificing himself to save that retarded,clueless girl
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

247 by venbals »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

223 by venbals »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

231 by patkarunungan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Orange Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Vacu0us - Jul 2, 2016

405 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 25, 9:33 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.