Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2016 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm interesting episode. Aina still not feeling well but has the support of the crew and she insists on that she is okay.

A decent amount of buildup from the important factions. Pacing looks like it's somewhat slowed down again but I'm fine with that. Lol, for some reason, one of the commanders made me laugh more than expected. Aina's tears though ;_; . I think she needs to be strong for others and herself.

Feb 7, 2016 2:05 AM

Nov 2009
It's completely understandable that Kudelia is so strained that she's on the verge of breaking, and only her sheer immense will keeps her together somehow: the weight of the responsibility that she has chosen to undertake can break nearly anyone, let alone a 16 year sheltered girl. Kudos to her that she never broke and got better after just a good crying session and not a full meltdown.

I knew it, Atra is the main shipper of Mika/Kudelia. Gotta give it to her, rare girl can just say to a guy she likes go hug her rival for his heart because said rival is feeling down. And I guess Mika is still flabbergasting as ever with his relationship, just going and hugging Kudelia like that. And then having 2 crying girls on his handsXD

Speaking of Mika, absolutely loved it how Mika, with such amazing ease, recognized McGillis, like there's no that wig and ridiculous mask in the way at allXD Also, it seems that Mika really is starting to gain some independent thoughts, thinking about responsibility, discovering feelings that Kudelia ignites in his (frustration in the previous ep, admiration in this one) and admitting that "not even Orga can do something like that" about what Kudelia did (this is pretty important, seeing as how much Mika's world is centered about Orga). I'm hoping to see more of those baby steps his development takes next.

Oh, and we finally get to see the woman from the opening with facepaint, and, interestingly enough, she's obasan and one heck of an oddball.

Ah, there was a bit about Ein, it mostly confirmed what we already knew: that Ein was discriminated against because he's only half-earthian (his mom was a martian), and Crank was the only one who treated him fairly. Gaelio doesn't seem to like discrimination either, but then again it obviously depends, because Mika&Tekkadan are "space rats" to him...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 7, 2016 2:28 AM

Feb 2014
Mika: 'why is chocolate man here?', LOOOL.

I was really surprised when Mika calmly and confidently said that, he sure is sharp.
Feb 7, 2016 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
We should keep Mika away from all the other Char clones then...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 7, 2016 3:31 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Relena Clone Kudelia saved the day.....it was her greatest help she could offer to Tekkadan so far.

...and also what the hell was that Hitler Traitor doing there in that Char Clone's ship lol

Ein better don't use Arayashiki system....kinda ruining his coolness as a pilot

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 7, 2016 3:45 AM
Aug 2012
Mika really made this episode great for me. I love how Mika instantly recognized McGillis/Chocolate Man. At the end, i honestly thought Mika was going to kiss Kudelia again, when Atra told Mika to go console Kudelia. Then, Mika ends up hugging both Kudelia and Atra, consoling them at the same time. The harem is still strong for now.
Then there's, Mika taking a stand, supporting Kudelia's decision, even pointing out how Kudelia did something that Orga wouldn't have been able to do in that situation.

We got Ein backstory as to why he's so crazy about getting revenge. And that woman, Karuta from the Outer Earth Orbit Regulatory Joint Fleet is looking to cause trouble for Tekkadan.
K-AnimeFeb 7, 2016 4:48 AM
Feb 7, 2016 3:59 AM
Dec 2015
Interesting episode.

I don't know how it will end the agreement with the chocolate man, but I think it will not end well.

The woman with paintface has deathflags around her because of their proud and arrogant way.

The development of Aina is very good. Even making a great speech, their weaknesses were not ignored and are still present in it. Thank God she has a new family to protect her: Atra and Mika. I LOVE THIS HAREM <3

I'm intrigued, when the purple-haired woman came in that car, the father of McGuillis started talking about "What the people need is an idol" and at this point there is a focus on a small child that I believe is the younger brother of McGuillis. Certainly they will use this child for political purposes, as they did with McGuillis, Gaelio and Almiria. People of Gjallahorn are disgusting!!!!
Feb 7, 2016 4:00 AM
Dec 2015
RayAdha said:
Relena Clone Kudelia saved the day.....

Sorry, but Aina is very different of Relena ;)
Feb 7, 2016 4:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mikazuki becomes the first MC in Gundam history to inmediately see through a Char clone disguise. He's also the first one to comfortably embrace 2 women without fuss. And it has to be said that Atra is a true sister as well.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 7, 2016 4:13 AM
Dec 2014
Harem route confirmed.
Feb 7, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2013
The was the fastest discovery of a char clone's identity in Gundam history LOL
Feb 7, 2016 4:35 AM
Feb 2016
O.o lafter x akihiro?
Feb 7, 2016 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
Even Mika knows that Harem route is best route.

StormGinei said:
O.o lafter x akihiro?

I've been thinking this since they started practicing together. If Lafter wasn't part of Naze's harem then I'd ship them so bad. XD
Feb 7, 2016 4:41 AM
Dec 2015
redd530 said:
Even Mika knows that Harem route is best route.

StormGinei said:
O.o lafter x akihiro?

I've been thinking this since they started practicing together. If Lafter wasn't part of Naze's harem then I'd ship them so bad. XD

Me too. Naze don't give attention to Lafter, so, she is beggining a some interest on Akihiro (sorry for my bad english).

AND IM SHIPPING THIS COUPLE!!!! <3
Feb 7, 2016 4:46 AM

Apr 2015
Really loving all the character development happening! I hope neither gaelio nor ein die, they're actually good and same with chocolate man if he's honest about his plans. The only "villain" here seems to be his dad but we'll just have to wait and see.
Hope this gets 50 eps but honestly can't see that happening after this episode
Raz1515Feb 7, 2016 4:50 AM
Feb 7, 2016 5:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
A new OTP awakens =o I wouldn't mind shipping Lafter and Akihiro one bit lol

Kudelia's speech was fucking beautiful and nothing short of amazing and I have the utmost respect for her even more now that she decided to join up with Mask-kun plus because of how she REKT Gjallarhorn and their fleet

However seeing her gradual transition to become something more was nice and that last scene with her, Mika and Atra was too sweet :'')

I kinda wish Ein wasn't fighting with the corrupt Gjallarhorn because I really like his character as well as his ideals and hearing about his background just made me feel even more bad for the position that he's always been in....What Crank said to him was pretty nice and at least Chocolate's best friend is kind to him

That new female that they're joining up with looks weird but her personality makes her kinda hot to me lol.....The new faces in this episode had me a little confused so I wonder what each of their games are

Lastly, like everyone should have guessed by now, Chocolate Aznable is the masked man lol and I died at how Mika revealed to identity xD I was kinda expecting him to team up with them somehow but seeing it happen still surprised me so I hope that he stays true to his words when it counts

Great episode overall, Orga finally know about their bosses dealings as well so I'm curious to see what and big bro Naze will take things from here - Also I won't be surprised if the African Nation helps them too after what they did for the news station
TokoyaFeb 7, 2016 6:17 AM
Feb 7, 2016 5:18 AM
Jan 2014
Ma boy Mika taking the harem route like a boss.
Feb 7, 2016 5:21 AM

Jan 2009
G'boy Mika.

Pretty good episode, although quite a buildup.
Feb 7, 2016 5:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sick episode. The dynamics are so interesting (Mika starting to be independant, Ein, McGuillis, Lafter x Akihiro?)
Feb 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Feb 2013
I thought, that all Turbines' crew are Naze's wives?
Am I wrong?
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Feb 7, 2016 5:54 AM
Dec 2012
The feels. Atra x Kudelia crying with Mika consoling them.

Chocolate man is with Tekkadan. I still don't see him as the enemy. The question now is whether he will fight with Tekkadan or against them. I can't picture him fighting against Gaelio and Ein though.

Lafter feeling gloomy because she's not training with Akihiro as much.

Ein's backstory revealed. Sad to see him fighting against his Martian brothers. It can only in tragedy when hes so caught up in revenge.

New girl is finally revealed and she seems very confident.

A lot of stuff going on behind the scenes on Earth. What is this truth that McGillis' father speaks of? Kudelia was speaking the truth.
Feb 7, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2012
Alpha Mikazuki
First he carries his girls over the shoulder and now he hugs both of them at once.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 7, 2016 6:14 AM

Aug 2010
Didn't expect ChocoChar to offer working together.
Lol'd so much at Mikazuki realizing right away it's him

Mikazuki is definitely MVP of the ep the way he hugged Kudelia was cute and then following it up by hugging Atra too. The pimp is strong in this one and the awesome thing is they don't mind. Go for it Mika XD

Is Lafter developing feelings for Akihiro? I bet she's gloomy because he's not giving her enough time lol but her love for Naze hasn't diminished either so...
Feb 7, 2016 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
MIKA IS A GOD !!! But damn, that episode was intense. I loved that buildup. Also I wonder if anyone knows what McGillis is up to. But the last scenes were incredible. GUNDAM GREATNESS STRIKES AGAIN.
Feb 7, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
that mika taking a harem route with a hot chick and a loli chick
internet is a cruel mistress
Feb 7, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
"Maiden of Revolution"
Great speech or words at the beginning! i really like that :D
and i like Kudelia is getting more stronger or more serious after Fumitan died.
there will be some action in the next episode, NICE! can't wait to see that.
i hope that negotiaton with the mask guy won't become a trap.

and DAT ending with Mika holding those two girl in his arms.....are we getting a harem here ? XD i hope that will become a harem XD.
Lafter and Akihiro....hmm....you ain't gonna tell me.....XD
Lafter X Akihiro, if that really happen, and Lafter still want to stay with Naze...DAMN! that kind of relationship is really interesting XD.
"There is a harem inside the harem" XD.
YizelTroFeb 7, 2016 7:24 AM
Feb 7, 2016 9:03 AM

Jul 2010
dolly94 said:
Mika: 'why is chocolate man here?', LOOOL.

I was really surprised when Mika calmly and confidently said that, he sure is sharp.

I literally burst out laughing when he said that, did not expect.
Feb 7, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
I can't take McGillis seriously with this mask and wig on, he looks like a Kingdom Hearts villain.

Mika's sudden admiration of Kudelia seems a bit forced, but the last scene was nice. Atra is the real MVP in Tekkadan family dynamics.

I like how the bad guys are being fleshed out. Gaelio especially seems like an upstanding man and a lot more than just McGillis's sidekick he seemed to be in first few episodes. Maybe there's some redemption for Ein, too.

The white-haired woman seems interesting. Hope she kicks some ass.
Feb 7, 2016 9:21 AM
Nov 2014
Shit this mask man has to be mcgillis he is this show's Char Clone
Feb 7, 2016 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
I was like "Aww" when Kudelia and Atra cried.

Well, I thought someone was going to die in this episode, but thankfully I was wrong. What Kudelia did was risky, yet neat indeed. Was surprised to see that that was McGillis all along. lol Mikazuki only remembering him as the other chocolate guy. As soon as he said that, it surprised me. Also, whoever that woman with the gray hair with the tips being black was, I like her already; especially as soon as I have heard her voice. lol I loved it. Already interested in her. Ahaha.
Feb 7, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
Reite said:
I can't take McGillis seriously with this mask and wig on, he looks like a Kingdom Hearts villain.

Hahahahahaha. XD
Feb 7, 2016 9:43 AM

Sep 2013
For Kudelia, who shopped/fangirled/Fumitan-ed at the Dorts, to come up with such a speech and stop the Gjallarhorns in a short amount of time... wow? She sure came up with something fast~

Harem route is too strong in this one. I feel like even if Mika says he likes Atra, she'll still push him to go to Kudelia loool

I like the idea of Akihiro x Lafter.

Chocolate Man really needs to change his mask. I can't take him seriously. I'm always anticipating the time when he'll use the eye feature tbh. Of course, Mika would recognize him.
Feb 7, 2016 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
Kudelia's speech was really well done.

So it was Chocolate man, That revelation XD
An internal reform and a revolution, Very interested in seeing how things are gonna proceed from now.

That ending, Mika is the real player XD
Feb 7, 2016 10:09 AM
May 2014
I guess we should name the episode: "Mikazuki is a playa"

Concerning LafterxAkihiro:
I have always had the suspicion that there was never a harem going on among the Turbines. It's just a weird feeling, but I think Naze just "adopts" women that are abused or impregnated and left to fend for themselves.
Feb 7, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
yuriski said:
I guess we should name the episode: "Mikazuki is a playa"

Concerning LafterxAkihiro:
I have always had the suspicion that there was never a harem going on among the Turbines. It's just a weird feeling, but I think Naze just "adopts" women that are abused or impregnated and left to fend for themselves.
and what about all those kids he has?
Feb 7, 2016 10:26 AM
Jul 2015
LAFTER AND AKHIRO that needs to happen! It would be soo good and i'm pretty sure Naze would be like, I get it. He's a chill guy xD
Feb 7, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2008
I love Orga, but he needs to do something about that Yu-gi-Oh! hair. It is incredibly distracting.
Feb 7, 2016 11:05 AM

Nov 2009
I like Akihiro/Lafter, they make a badass couple, but I have to wonder if her being another guy's woman for quite a while is gonna sit well with everyone involved... and with the writers. Even with Orga and Merribit, they only teased us a little, but never went beyond the teasing a step, so I'm assuming they're being cautious with all the pairings that could be viewed as controversial (Orga/Merribit because of age gap, Akihiro/Lafter because of her being Naze's second-hand-goods...)

As to Mika's relationship choices, I gotta say I don't really find the harem root appealing. I would prefer a definite endchoice, after all, whichever girl it is - although I'm partial and I want it bad to be Kudelia; while I have respect and admiration for Arta's kind soul, I can't seem to bring myself to cheer for Mika/Atra for some reason...

On another note, I feel like by having Mikazuki identify McGillis in no time and with no effort at all the staff is making lowkey fun of the obligatory Char clone's mask, and I like it.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 7, 2016 11:17 AM
Jul 2018
Aina's speech was very really well done! She saved the day!
Feb 7, 2016 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
They covered so many things in one episode.

- Kudelia showed a lot of courage gambling on the lives of everyone on board Isaribi. They could have died their and then yet they came out of the mess. This already showed great strides in her will to fight for justice. In the beginning of the anime, she was just chasing an impossible dream. She is willing to change and ready to make sacrifices in order to make her dream possible.

- Mikazuki noticing Chocolate Aznable behind the mask but he kept it within him until it was just him, Biscuit and Orga — the people closest to him. He could have said it earlier when everyone was around but he didn't. The silent sharpness is what makes him so intriguing as a character.

- Chocolate Aznable in vacation for a reason. He did mention that he wants change to happen when he was last with Gaelio, yet the biggest shock was seeing that mustache-guy next to him. The element of mystery surrounding Chocolate Aznable is pretty ridiculous, in a good way.

- Now it makes more sense why Ein is so desperate to avenge Crank. The short flashback showed what Crank as a comrade meant to him.

- We can't say we didn't see it coming — the hints started several episodes back with her rushing out to save Akihiro and Takaki; Lafter is slowly but surely on her way to ditch Naze ship for Akihiro.

- I wonder how Fumitan would feel if she knew she was already a family. Chad and Dante leaving a meal for her, Ride writing FUMITAN in his tab were great ways of showing how the members of Tekkadan thought of her.

- Kudelia was just acting tough. Deep inside she just wanted to cry her lungs out. The last 3 minutes were so beautiful. Atra is such a sweet girl. Her tears had multiple dimensions — part of her was crying for Kudelia, part of her was crying for allowing Mikazuki to console Kudelia. And then Mika hugging them both was so beautiful.

Next up: The Gravity of Wishes. We are entering the Earth!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2016 11:28 AM

Jan 2012
Does anyone else feel that Lacus Clyne speech
Feb 7, 2016 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
Valencia said:
Does anyone else feel that Lacus Clyne speech

Not really. Lacus Clyne was our happy-go-lucky princess for almost the entire anime. And she didn't have to go through such setbacks Kudelia went through. I think she was pretty average until the final few episodes of SEED which skyrocketed her popularity.
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2016 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
That pierce ear mighty get himself a girlfriend. I have a feeling the fighting chick might leave the harem.
Feb 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Nov 2007
Leiss said:
That pierce ear mighty get himself a girlfriend. I have a feeling the fighting chick might leave the harem.

You mean the muscle guy not the pierce ear guy.
Coronavirus.
Feb 7, 2016 11:52 AM
Feb 2009
Damn Mika is awesome figuring out about choco man and getting both the girls l0l
Feb 7, 2016 11:55 AM

May 2015
How did they not know Chocolate guy was the Masked Man?????!!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
shanimebib said:
Leiss said:

You mean the muscle guy not the pierce ear guy.

Muscle guy is all about fighting and his dead brother.
Feb 7, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2015
Flaecy said:
Damn Mika is awesome figuring out about choco man and getting both the girls l0l

lol i knew it immediately. XD Orga and the others are so dense.
Feb 7, 2016 12:02 PM
Dec 2015
shanimebib said:
They covered so many things in one episode.

- Kudelia showed a lot of courage gambling on the lives of everyone on board Isaribi. They could have died their and then yet they came out of the mess. This already showed great strides in her will to fight for justice. In the beginning of the anime, she was just chasing an impossible dream. She is willing to change and ready to make sacrifices in order to make her dream possible.

- Mikazuki noticing Chocolate Aznable behind the mask but he kept it within him until it was just him, Biscuit and Orga — the people closest to him. He could have said it earlier when everyone was around but he didn't. The silent sharpness is what makes him so intriguing as a character.

- Chocolate Aznable in vacation for a reason. He did mention that he wants change to happen when he was last with Gaelio, yet the biggest shock was seeing that mustache-guy next to him. The element of mystery surrounding Chocolate Aznable is pretty ridiculous, in a good way.

- Now it makes more sense why Ein is so desperate to avenge Crank. The short flashback showed what Crank as a comrade meant to him.

- We can't say we didn't see it coming — the hints started several episodes back with her rushing out to save Akihiro and Takaki; Lafter is slowly but surely on her way to ditch Naze ship for Akihiro.

- I wonder how Fumitan would feel if she knew she was already a family. Chad and Dante leaving a meal for her, Ride writing FUMITAN in his tab were great ways of showing how the members of Tekkadan thought of her.

- Kudelia was just acting tough. Deep inside she just wanted to cry her lungs out. The last 3 minutes were so beautiful. Atra is such a sweet girl. Her tears had multiple dimensions — part of her was crying for Kudelia, part of her was crying for allowing Mikazuki to console Kudelia. And then Mika hugging them both was so beautiful.

Next up: The Gravity of Wishes. We are entering the Earth!

I totally agree with you.

And I really want that Mika, Atra and Aina end the anime together like a family <3

Also, I think Lafter will leave the harem for Akihiro.
Feb 7, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2007
White_Hawk2099 said:
Flaecy said:

lol i knew it immediately. XD Orga and the others are so dense.

I don't know what you are trying to imply here. Orga never met Chocolate Aznable. Only Biscuit, Atra and Mika met him. Atra was not even present when he showed up this time. Going by what you have said, the only one who missed it is Biscuit. Regardless, it's not easy to recognize a person just by voice alone unless one is very sharp (Mika); particularly when you have met that person only once (Biscuit in this case; you may add Atra here for future discussion purpose if it recurs).
Coronavirus.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2015

176 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 25, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2015

160 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 24, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2015

285 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Apr 23, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2016

118 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

128 by wallus81 »»
Apr 12, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.