Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2016 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
oh my goddd this is the best show this season honestly i just love kenya and kayo. the scene where satoru saw his mom again pulled at my heartstrings so much. also enjoyed the little bits of comedy at the end and satoru accidentally speaking his thoughts. the color direction is amazing here and really sets the mood. THE ED ANIMATION WAS ?!?!?!?! SO COOL
Jan 14, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2014
If this continues like this, it's gonna be my 2nd fav. anime, or even my fav.
until now it's Steins;Gate level good. Let's hope it stays on the same level. (or gets even better)

holypoop said:
I'm just imagining things.. Right?

i'm probably just being paranoid

so i am not the only one xD
Jan 14, 2016 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
Atmosphere reminds me of Higurashi xDD which is great!!!

I guess the real culprit will be obvious on this one because it is colored compared to the manga lol

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 14, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
great and interesting episode.
so the reason why the girl was dead is because of her mother ? child abuse ? or maybe her father ? anyway, that was interesting.
the op was great. i like it. same with the ending too.
that ending tho. the main character did a good job :D the girl already like him i guess XD. nice going.
look foward to the next episode.
and i like that movie like frame. felt more intense or maybe more thrilling to me.

Shrimperor said:

holypoop said:

so i am not the only one xD

YizelTroJan 14, 2016 1:26 PM
Jan 14, 2016 1:25 PM

Dec 2015
Very insteresting. I have high expectations on this anime. The OP has a nice composition but I surely liked the ED's melody.

How, when and what did go wrong? These questions make the plot very thrilling, like you have to be aware of every detail. The whole story around Kayo is so sad...

Can't wait an entire week for the next episode.
Jan 14, 2016 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
Alright, reading these discussions threads is gonna be a terrible idea it seems. Because people who have read the manga already don't have a fucking clue how to be subtle.

People new to the anime who haven't seen this story before, like me: be careful in the future if you decide to read these threads.
Jan 14, 2016 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
Only 10 more episodes to go..
Guys, ignore discussion threads, they will only be full of spoilers.
ExTemplarJan 14, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 14, 2016 1:34 PM

May 2012
it appears to be holding up pretty well, hopefully it can keep it up for 10 more episodes
Jan 14, 2016 1:34 PM
Nov 2012
Oh man the opening is fantastic. The song, the visuals, the themes, man everything was great. The episode itself, eh it was okay. I don't think I'll ever be really sold on the whole time travel concept (Yeah I know that's part of the whole premise of the series).
Jan 14, 2016 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
So many hints for manga readers in the opening and ending.
Jan 14, 2016 1:35 PM

Jan 2014
It is rare that i feel this excited over watching a series, but it's just so good ٩(∗ ›ω‹ ∗)و
got damn it.. this episode felt fast TT_TT I can't possibly wait another week (ノ*'‐')ノ ミ ┸┸
Jan 14, 2016 1:36 PM

Aug 2015
This is amazing, I need Episode 3 like right NOW

Oct 2013
Decent 2nd episode. This series has a great atmosphere IMO.

Apr 2014
I feel like I'm gonna cry with this series and I don't know why.

I have a bad feeling about Kayo though...

The opening is great btw.
Jan 14, 2016 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
Sweet, the show is still going on pretty strong. I like the buildup and all that.
Can't wait for the next episode!
Jan 14, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2014
Sugoi! It was really interesting! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 14, 2016 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
naens said:
Kinzo said:
First episode was hype as fuck, but this episode was a bit of a let down.
People always say that the second episode is about school.

That means episode 8 is the inevitable beach fanservice episode, right?

Kittens-kun said:
Kinzo said:
First episode was hype as fuck, but this episode was a bit of a let down.

You can't expect every episode to be as intense as the first. They make the first episode the most intense to draw you in, to make sure you want to come back every week.

That's true, but at the same time a lot of anime have an amazing first episode that hooks people, and ends up being a letdown by the end. Charlotte, Aldnoah Zero and Zankyou no Terror are some good recent examples.
Jan 14, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2014

Best Girl of the Season

Favorites before the show started: 4

Jan 14, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2015
will this have any "romance" in it?

Apr 2013
I don't know if I can hold off any longer on reading the manga. Must... resist...

Best part of this adaptation for me may be Aoi Yuuki voicing Hinazuki. I absolutely love her and I'm getting so many Victorique flashbacks just listening to her spout that fire at Satoru ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 2014
xDrac said:
Yes, it will have a little "romance" in it.

Jan 14, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2014
Damn, this was REALLY good. Cant wait for next ep. That OP and ED, good stuff
Jan 14, 2016 1:55 PM
Apr 2015
ExTamplier said:
xDrac said:
Yes, it will have some romance in it.
Meh. If you consider ten/eleven year olds having cute moments together 'romance', then okay.
Jan 14, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2014
lizebutnotrize said:
ExTamplier said:
Yes, it will have some romance in it.
Meh. If you consider ten/eleven year olds having cute moments together 'romance', then okay.
Is that not what he meant my "romance?"
He did not ask about romance.

Jan 14, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
Overall, the pacing is great pacing. A lot of meaningful scenes and solid development. I can't say it felt short per se, but I'm so curious that 20 minutes a week is definitely too little.

It's going to be painful to wait for the following episodes. Maybe I should just go ahead and read the manga instead, although I've heard they're going to have the same ending.
Jan 14, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2015
ExTamplier said:
lizebutnotrize said:

Yes it is, unless of course it somehow gets ported to when he was 29y-o.
Jan 14, 2016 1:59 PM
May 2015
This episode was goddamn great and I'm surprised since this show is being directed by the same director who directed one of the most hated show on existance. There's also A-1 Pictures, notorious for their pacing issues.

I stilk don't get why the MC's mom has a big fat lips.

Jan 14, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2014
xDrac said:
ExTamplier said:
Manga readers: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 14, 2016 2:02 PM

Sep 2015
Definitely my favorite anime of this season so far. Its great! It makes you never want to miss a moment :')

I feel especially sorry for Hinazuki, poor girl being treated like that. Her essay was pure gold, I really hope things turn out a lot better for her!
Jan 14, 2016 2:03 PM
Apr 2015
ExTamplier said:
xDrac said:
Grinning intensifies. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 14, 2016 2:04 PM

Apr 2012
Absolutely perrrrrrfect
Love the inner dialogue
Can't believe satoru's VA is a first timer. He's killing it

Jan 14, 2016 2:05 PM

Nov 2014
lizebutnotrize said:
ExTamplier said:
Grinning intensifies. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lenny face intensifies

Jan 14, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive episode in terms of animation and atmosphere.
Jan 14, 2016 2:10 PM
Jun 2011
This was amazing. I read the manga after watching the first episode and this episode seemed to adapt the manga page for page word for word while still working at a good pace.
Jan 14, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2008
Great OP.

But jeez man, I'm watching this with way to much caution, looking all over for small bits and clues.

Also Kenya seems a bit too smart for his own good... Which I don't recommend anyone looks at his character detail on MAL, as it feels spoilerish. Maybe it's just me.

Maybe I missed it skimming back in ep1 but the 2 kids getting kidnapped already happened right? He said it happened back in 5th grade while he's in 6th now I think?

The hand thing was cute though.
Jan 14, 2016 2:15 PM
Jun 2011
Paul said:

Maybe I missed it skimming back in ep1 but the 2 kids getting kidnapped already happened right? He said it happened back in 5th grade while he's in 6th now I think?

They're still in 5th grade now, they mentioned 6th grade in the episode as in "Don't mess this up because we'll still be in class together next year."
Jan 14, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2014
Paul said:

Also Kenya seems a bit too smart for his own good... Which I don't recommend anyone looks at his character detail on MAL, as it feels spoilerish. Maybe it's just me.

You kind of spoiled us by saying that.

I mean, it's pretty obvious that there's something up with him, but for those who're much slower than the others.
"Hi!"
Jan 14, 2016 2:19 PM
Jun 2011
ExtraCheeky said:
Paul said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious that there's something up with him, but for those who're much slower than the others.

I just tried editing his character page to have a spoiler tag. It is not that spoilerly and I wouldn't make any hasty assumptions yet, just enjoy the story and make your observations.

May 2012
Paul said:
Great OP.

But jeez man, I'm watching this with way to much caution, looking all over for small bits and clues.

I'm doing the same thing lol.

Another great episode. I really like the OP. The ED is... crazy? If that's the right word.

Man I just loving the feel of this anime. First off that aspect ratio. Who ever thought of that need a drink. I loved that effect when Kill la Kill did it. And I love it in this. When Satoru saw his mom I got a little teary eyed. Shit hit me in the heart.

Also got to see Hinazuki. Damn I hate that her mom his beating her like that. We don't have solid proof, but all the signs are there. Hopefully Lil Fujinuma can help her with the party invite.

Also wonder why he got sent back. I mean was it for his mom, the murder, or Hinazuki? And does the blonde kid know something? Man I can't wait to see the next episode.

Sep 2015
My god the op, the end, the atmosphere ... just perfect *-*
AOTS for sure (maybe)
Jan 14, 2016 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
ExtraCheeky said:
Paul said:
There are many people who try to mislead others into overthinking.

Jan 14, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
Fair enough then.

I'll just sit back and enjoy this and try not to over think things, because I'm enjoying this a lot.
"Hi!"
Jan 14, 2016 2:27 PM

Nov 2015
So far the show is developing into a good murder/mystery drama.

The premise was a surprise; the "Revival" reminded my of the "Rewind" which was part of the American series "Tru Calling" in which the recently deceased asked her to "save me".

Just got to resist the urge to pick up the manga until after the series ends. I want to enjoy this to its fullest.
Jan 14, 2016 2:28 PM
Jan 2016
They went above and beyond with the animation which made the episode that much more amazing.

Little things like amazingly animated cooking by his mom, the kids peeing and fucking around in the bathroom, in one scene a shoe falls off of one of satorus friends as he kicks his legs back and forth while sitting on a desk.

And so many other small amazing details, so well done.

Having read the manga this was paced perfectly.
Jan 14, 2016 2:37 PM

Apr 2015
The show continues to be rock solid.
Jan 14, 2016 2:40 PM

Mar 2014
Satoru x mother <3 forever love
Nov 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
I see what people meant when they said rushing the first episode was only natural, this is where the storytelling is able to truly shine. The direction, pacing, atmosphere, it was all extremely gripping.

Kenya = Daiya

Yeah that does seem to be the case. Just hope he doesn't end up the same wa...
holypoop said:

Dammit!

Kirigaro92 said:
This will be the AOTS. Hopefully they don't screw it up at some point.

I'd assume that it starts at a high 8, then goes down to a low 8 but depending on how the final episode is, it might leap up again. (Assuming quality doesn't degrade)
I mean, it's difficult enough to meet expectations as one of the most hyped(if not the most hyped) anime of the season.

Anyway, about the episode:
I love how there aren't any scenes put there with the sole purpose of making the viewer laugh. It sticks to the eerie theme that way.
Really helps with the immersion too.
Also, I'm really liking Kayo already.

--Side note--
Who the heck voted a 1 on the episode? I'm assuming it's probably a troll or somebody who doesn't like the way it's adapted though.
GPADJan 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
I wasn't crazy about the first episode like everyone seemed to be, but this one made me a fan. Props to A-1 pictures because the production values have been great so far and made every scene a pleasure to watch and the music's very good, too.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

Sep 2013
Although they've skipped and changed some parts of the manga, this adaptation is just brilliant. The pacing is just right. And they've managed to induce the same feelings I felt while reading the manga. The voice acting, the OST, the directing, everything!

I, especially, love the use of the film strips and the way Satoru's seiyuu voices Satoru's inner monologues. Kayo is a very refreshing Yuuki Aoi character, for me. Much different from her usual bratty, tsundere characters. Her voice acting is perfect.

Most of all, I love how they are maintaining the eerie, quiet atmosphere befitting of this murder/mystery/psychological anime. Just great! Looking forward to the next episode :3
Jan 14, 2016 2:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I'm falling in love with this anime already

Like I can't even really explain why. It's just so interesting, seriously
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2016

1399 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

1108 by bakakisima »»
Apr 23, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2016

769 by Jocku »»
Apr 17, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2016

900 by bakakisima »»
Apr 12, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2016

498 by bakakisima »»
Apr 11, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.