Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
Things felt a bit too fast here. They brushed away Hojo. I was expecting some more focus on her just like Nao got too much focus previously. Disappointment. Yuki managed to get a score in the 80s there. The Aldini Bros thing was nice. Isami was never better than Takumi so he wanted to prove himself here. He managed something outstanding here, but Takumi makes something even better.

That part focusing on Megumi was nice. Showing her journey to this point. Thanks to her mom noticing her daughter's talents, Megumi is here. She tried her best at throughout and now all that handwork paid off as she makes it through to the next round.

Lol Alice is like a scientist more than a chef. She made this unusual looking thing and called it curry. She used some sciencey stuff to make it.

Meanwhile, group A is being destroyed by that curry queen. She probably loves dishing out zeroes. Now Ryo will start stirring things up and force a score more than zero out of her. Can't wait to see who comes out on top, Hayama or Soma.
Sep 4, 2015 3:43 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Megumi... Was forgotten by everyone. But she proved her skills! And I was so happy when she scored 88! Yeah!

So the winners in group B is:

I can't wait next week.
Sep 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Nov 2009
Forever_A said:
So... the top 4 of group B were formed just by girls... Alice, Hisako, Takumi and Megumi.

Takumi was a girl? Since when lol =P
Sep 4, 2015 3:50 PM

Sep 2015
johnyjohny said:
I'm not gonna lie. This shit is getting overrated and today's episode proved it to me definitely. The art en ost that get's praised to much it is nothing special. If people would just actually look ad how many things are moving in a picture and the time choosing of the overused ost you guys would see that. It's so dam obvious it really frustrates me people keep being ignorant. Also only VIP characters get recognition even when they are bad developed. Useless not needed characters get there attention too for some reason even if de anime is not going to put effort in them in the futre. Its just the clishe shonen anime people. Just face the dam facts.

Oh man,why you haven't dropped it?
Sorry for my english..
Sep 4, 2015 3:58 PM

Apr 2015
No Soma.... Meh

Only Yuki made the episode cute for a moment.
#CHEXIT
Sep 4, 2015 3:58 PM

Oct 2012
I love you Megumi, please marry me!

It was really great, they managed to do first half good but it was the second half that was shining bright!
They did well with background ost and Megumi's personal story was very moving.

One of the best episodes of this series, together with ep10. Good job.

Oh, and it's only two episodes left!
Sep 4, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2011
Oh the feels for Megumi... damn those dishes looks so good. I want to see the A Block soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2015 4:15 PM

Oct 2012
BryanLoeher said:

So that means that both Shun and Ryouko won't make it to the preliminaries in the end?
But I guess that's to be expected as they are just secondary characters.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
I guess this series is going to end just when preliminaries end. A second season is must then.

For some reason, sales are pretty bad though :/ I hope it will change as next BDs are released and after series is over or there is no sequel for us.
Sep 4, 2015 4:16 PM

Nov 2014
Yay it's getting better and better, can't wait for Souma's dish.
Sep 4, 2015 4:17 PM

Jan 2015
BryanLoeher said:
Poor Megumi... Was forgotten by everyone. But she proved her skills! And I was so happy when she scored 88! Yeah!

I can't wait next week.

Yeah lol, they spoiled it in the OP. I'm glad Nikumi will apparently make it.
Sep 4, 2015 4:18 PM

Feb 2009
BryanLoeher said:

I can't wait next week.

LOL This picture makes it seems so obvious who's going to pass. There's exactly 8 characters there excluding Erina.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Sep 4, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2015
Megumi's scene was so precious, absolutely loved it. Another great episode.

Sep 4, 2015 4:26 PM
Oct 2014
Megumi do it *.*
Sep 4, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
BryanLoeher said:

I can't wait next week.

Yeah lol, they spoiled it in the OP. I'm glad Nikumi will apparently make it.

Ah megumi won... I do wonder about last episode though. Or will A block be cut in half.
Sep 4, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2015
Nice episode. Liked the Aldini brothers part and Megumi's was pleasant to see; a flood of amazed faces for almost every contestant. The other side's situation seems more interesting though, so I'm looking forward to it.
Sep 4, 2015 5:09 PM

May 2013
Do not underestimate Megumi! Ughh im liking her more and more. And Isami shined for his own good, nice.

Also, Polar Star Dormitory students shining on their own is pretty nice to see ofc. I will admit that my nitpick is that I'm getiing bored when it comes to the food explanation due to the lack of interest in cooking but still, this show is sooo good.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 4, 2015 5:30 PM
Nov 2007
Geez, I hate the archetype that is Megumi's character so much and with two episodes left I'm guessing we won't see Soma's dish until the last episode :
Sep 4, 2015 5:52 PM

Aug 2013
Megumi is ruining this series for me :(
Sep 4, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2014
I want to eat all those food...damn haha
Megumi don't lose hope my dear, go for the kill.
Hm...can't wait for the final showdown!
Sep 4, 2015 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
so happy for Megumi :') she's come a long way.
her accent always gets me <3
Yoshinoooo~ yeah, she really does cheer you up, even though she has so little screen time.
Alice rekt everyone o__o she took cooking to the next level
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2015 6:40 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Alice's curry dish looks like something from art museum. How I wish I could taste at least one of those appetizing dishes. >.<

Happy for Megumi making it to the top 4. :) Too bad Yuki didn't make the cut.. :( I await the results from Souma's block. Only 2 episodes left. Now I know where the anime is supposed to end.
Sep 4, 2015 7:04 PM
Aug 2014
can someone correct me but I remember in the manga that Isami Aldini didn't qualify to the semi-finals.
Sep 4, 2015 7:10 PM

May 2014
I totally guessed correctly the four finalists from group B. :3

Alice's dish looked so...well, I don't actually know how to describe it. And I'm so glad that Megumi made it! Let's see what'll happen in group A.
Sep 4, 2015 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
I realize it's kind of late to be asking this, but...

what the fuck is umami?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 4, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
Fantastic episode and this concludes Block B's side of the Autumn Election. I like how Yuki was compared to being little red riding hood. xD Isami's curry bread was very interesting and he shows that he can cook on his own as well. However, Takumi still scored higher than him with his 3 layered pasta which looked incredible. Meanwhile, Alice's dish was the most technical one and ended up being the best one.

My favourite part by far was Megumi. The emcee was so eager to finish up before Megumi even served her dish and she cutely raised her hand. xD It was nice to see her the men from her hometown come to support her. I really like the way Megumi speaks in her hometown's accent. Not going to lie, I teared up a bit. Megumi's cooking is truly heartwarming and really seems like it brings you right home. Perfect wife material right there. Her crying and smiling face. <3
5/5
Sep 4, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2012
Every time Megumi's turn its always warm up my heart..

Sep 4, 2015 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
souma should get 100 probably
Cty Best mid
Sep 4, 2015 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Was rooting for megumi to get in top four, and she did!Can't wait for next ep!

Join reddit r/anime community!
Sep 4, 2015 8:02 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah! Block B is done with the better four cookers! The plate from Tadokoro looks to be very comfortable and the plate from Nakiri is really a new masterpiece for the modern kitchen! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 4, 2015 8:06 PM

Sep 2013
Baking the f*cking pineapple rind XD lmfao I gotta try that sht XD
So many good dishes :O

Zadion said:

what the fuck is umami?

The fifth taste.
It has been described as rounded, rich, meaty and savory.
Sep 4, 2015 8:18 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
Baking the f*cking pineapple rind XD lmfao I gotta try that sht XD
So many good dishes :O

Zadion said:

what the fuck is umami?

The fifth taste.
It has been described as rounded, rich, meaty and savory.

thanks bro

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 4, 2015 8:21 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Nice! Megumi's show time this episode, She is easily the best female character there.

Hope she would become one of the ten seats, she is skilled enough to be it, she only needs confidence

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 4, 2015 8:26 PM
Jul 2014
i love megumi-chan you are so kawai
Sep 4, 2015 9:30 PM

Feb 2012
So happy and relieved Megumi made it! Good thing they didn't forget about her, even though they ALMOST did!

Can't wait to see who in the other group makes it.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 4, 2015 9:40 PM
Sep 2014
HOW IS THIS ANIME SO FUCKING AMAZING. I SWEAR.
I'm soooo glad I didn't quit after the third episode.
Now I think this is a show everyone who is at least a tad bit interested in gastronomy should watch.
You like Master Chef? WATCH SnS RIGHT NOW.
5/5 episode. Sadly only two eps left :c

Sep 4, 2015 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
Megumi the underdog comes clutch!
Sep 4, 2015 10:13 PM
Jun 2015
johnyjohny said:
I'm not gonna lie. This shit is getting overrated and today's episode proved it to me definitely. The art en ost that get's praised to much it is nothing special. If people would just actually look ad how many things are moving in a picture and the time choosing of the overused ost you guys would see that. It's so dam obvious it really frustrates me people keep being ignorant. Also only VIP characters get recognition even when they are bad developed. Useless not needed characters get there attention too for some reason even if de anime is not going to put effort in them in the futre. Its just the clishe shonen anime people. Just face the dam facts.

You haven't dropped it yet? Saw your hate thread....why are you so bothered to watch it anyway, to prove people wrong? LOL....you have so much time
Sep 4, 2015 10:41 PM
Jul 2018
Damn I almost cried at the end :') That violin version of Megumi's theme was lovely.

johnyjohny said:
I'm not gonna lie. This shit is getting overrated and...

subjectivity at its finest
Sep 4, 2015 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, several characters were taken advantage of, and a little about each of them and their culinary was shown, and the four of the B block have already been decided, now just wait candidates of the A block, even though I already know the plot I'm looking forward to the final episodes ..
Sep 4, 2015 10:58 PM
Aug 2015
Hell yeah, I'm so happy Megumi made it. The feels during that whole scene were so intense. I frickin love her. omg. She beat Hojo, so now hopefully Hojo pays more attention to her and doesn't write her off as just a damsel getting saved by others. :P Hojo X Megumi is actually a favorite ship of mine. I like the idea of Megumi having a rival of sorts. XD

The Aldini brothers has to be my favorite bromance of this series. They're just so precious. I'm so happy Takumi made it into the finals. I feel bad for Isami but in a way, I'm kinda glad he didn't end up going to the finals.

All this is getting me hyped to see the finals animated, I hope season 2 gets made soon.
Sep 4, 2015 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
Megumi has grown so much T______T So happy for her

Group A OMG AHHHH <3
Sep 4, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
aikaflip said:
This show is so predictable and repetitive now. The first half was much better than this second half. I can't wait for it to be over. Megumi is still a nice character, though. She should have been the main character.
almost every anime is predictable, doesn't mean it's not good or well executed.
johnyjohny said:
then drop it and stop complaining, no one wants to read your whiny comments.
Sep 4, 2015 11:41 PM

Dec 2013
Damn this was an amazing episode. So many great dishes!

Loved Megumi at the end :)
Sep 4, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 2013
damn, who else saw that 88 coming from a mile away?
Sep 4, 2015 11:59 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah, great job, Megumi! :D

Group A's judges are rather strict. But think of another way - even if everyone gets an average of 20 points or so, the top 4 will still get selected.
Sep 5, 2015 12:09 AM

Dec 2013
Zoba said:
damn, who else saw that 88 coming from a mile away?

I think majority of people did
Sep 5, 2015 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
Mich666 said:

So that means that both Shun and Ryouko won't make it to the preliminaries in the end?
But I guess that's to be expected as they are just secondary characters.

Ryouko seriously needs more screen time though. She seems to be getting far less atention than any of the other secondary characters, even though she's by far the most interesting. She is neither quirky nor dealing with issues, and her malt-cooking sounds amazing. I'm genuinely wondering what her take on Totsuki life would be.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Sep 5, 2015 1:53 AM

Aug 2008
MEGUMI!MEGUMI!MEGUMI!
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 5, 2015 1:54 AM
Nov 2010
Sourire said:
aikaflip said:
This show is so predictable and repetitive now. The first half was much better than this second half. I can't wait for it to be over. Megumi is still a nice character, though. She should have been the main character.
almost every anime is predictable, doesn't mean it's not good or well executed.
johnyjohny said:
then drop it and stop complaining, no one wants to read your whiny comments.

Second!
Sep 5, 2015 2:24 AM

Nov 2014
I am Megumi's fan.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.