Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 2015 8:23 PM

Jan 2009
Miyamori when under severe stress goes schizophrenia mode like hallucinating those 2 creepy dolls of her lol but good that episode 4 is finish
Apr 15, 2015 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
yup this shit is a waste of time for me...

pretty sure it's the non-stop retarded shit they talk about + I despise anything 'moe' related
Apr 24, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2012
Nice episode! Let's see what's next!
Apr 28, 2015 9:19 AM
Aug 2007
Hmmm.. watched the first 3 episodes and I have to say it is extremely text heavy so far. There's far too many similar characters being introduced all at once. I hope there is more to this show than just following the MC around as she works on helping episodes come out and gets promotions.
May 1, 2015 3:06 AM

Dec 2012
ew goodness. this episode was a little too stressful for me to watch right now. i wanted something to unwind after a hard week myself so i decided to watch a few eps of something that didnt have to deal with supernatural or action. but this show is just as hectic as anything else i watch. or at least it feels that way. i look forward to the next ep where all her friends finally get back together and have a good time... then again the ep is called "i messed up" so it looks like more trouble :P
Jun 6, 2015 10:18 AM

Oct 2009
Holy crap that was stressful to watch! Really well directed, the characters stress really got to us.
Jun 11, 2015 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
I'm seriously wondering if all these guys get paid overtime or not.
Jul 20, 2015 12:37 AM

Mar 2012
Definitely not my type of job lol.
Aug 26, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
Dognip said:

totally worth it

sooo worth!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
...death loli-sama

"Shut up, Tarou!"
"It's like there's a huge god of misfortune here." "It's you!"
LOL everyone hates Tarou XD why is he still part of the team

am I the only one having a difficult time keeping track of what's going on and who's who? Still, really fun to watch, great episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2015 10:37 AM
Sep 13, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
gnodab said:
I'm still overwhelmed with the huge cast and the process of producing anime. I'm glad we're getting a break next episode. Aoi is a lovely main character.

Yes.... worst start ever for an anime
Apr 1, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2015
I'm not sure how I feel about this anime. Too much characters to follow instead of Bakuman focusing only on 2 characters. Though anime is harder to make than manga.

I don't think I can enjoy much of this anime, so I'm gonna put this on-hold.

Apr 2, 2016 5:08 PM

Nov 2015
You see? You see? You see? If it weren't for the Director's whims the final scene wouldn't have ended so good! Respect! (Also, the whole team's work)

I feel bad for laughing at Aoi's stress and mental collapse xD But it was all so funny!

Really, the episode was really stressful to watch xD The stress of the characters really gets you.
I'm loving this anime so far.

PD: That gothic loli mad drawing skillz!
HumbertoZeroApr 2, 2016 5:15 PM
Apr 2, 2016 7:58 PM

Jul 2007
sarroush said:
I'm seriously wondering if all these guys get paid overtime or not.

Heavily doubt it. Seems like they get paid by reputation, connections, production success, and the occasional curry night and/or bar party. =P
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 14, 2016 5:41 PM

Jul 2012

Hahaha, I love all her expressions.

This show has just been Stress: The Anime so far 😂
Jun 1, 2016 4:24 AM

Apr 2016
I am surprised how much I like the show. Maybe it is because I work in an industry similarly stressed out, so I can totally feel for them... anyways, loving it!
Jun 5, 2016 4:54 AM

Mar 2015
OP Animation: 4.9/5

What an stressful job it is to work in a anime production. I was right not to take a job.

Just a few seconds correction can cause disaster. That Arupin over emotional scene was the result?? I think it should tone down a bit.

I got stress after watching this episode, haha.

3/5
Jun 14, 2016 9:37 PM

Sep 2015
This episode did a good job of illustrating how work can exhaust you. I thought the scene between Miyamoto and Yano on the rooftop was a real highlight and brought Yano to life a little more. And not just because of the butt slap to get Miyamotos tired brain working.

I also laughed a lot at the Director and the Animator geeking out over their favorite girls in their own anime.
Sep 10, 2016 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
I want to like this...I really do. But I'm just not getting into it. It just reminds me of a day at work so far.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 21, 2016 1:38 PM

Jun 2016
Aoi is a veritable storm of sumimasens. What a ride this episode was, I had the hardest time keeping up with everything - which is how it's exactly supposed to be, I guess! Phew.
Mar 19, 2017 6:01 PM
Sep 2009
People expecting a standard comedy/drama anime should not be here. This show is clearly not meant to be a standard entertainment medium, it is more of a documentary about an anime industry with couple anime like jokes.

As someone who works in similar type of industry, I find this extremely relatable and quiet entertaining. This is pretty much my every day life and while it can be very stressful and exhausting it is still fun.
Mar 31, 2017 10:53 AM

Jan 2015
Haha, all those efforts to remake a single scene and I found it worse than the original take.
Hurry and finish this whole deal with that trashy moe anime. Hopefully it'll be more interesting to watch the girls get together and work on a new project from scratch.
kitten320 said:
This show is clearly not meant to be a standard entertainment medium, it is more of a documentary about an anime industry with couple anime like jokes.

Yes it does convey information about how a studio works practically, with the reach every member has, how the work is done and by whom, and a bit about the deadlines and time it takes to do proper work. However it's still definitely entertainment. So far, all we got was a pretty simple and kindhearted look at a random imaginary studio through a rozy lens.
HapHazrDMar 31, 2017 11:06 AM
Apr 3, 2017 4:43 PM
Sep 2009
HapHazrD said:

kitten320 said:
This show is clearly not meant to be a standard entertainment medium, it is more of a documentary about an anime industry with couple anime like jokes.

Yes it does convey information about how a studio works practically, with the reach every member has, how the work is done and by whom, and a bit about the deadlines and time it takes to do proper work. However it's still definitely entertainment. So far, all we got was a pretty simple and kindhearted look at a random imaginary studio through a rozy lens.

So working in a middle of a night for days, almost dieing from tiredness and being forced to do tons of extra work under same deadline just cause client decided to change idea is a rosy lens?

I won't deny it's still an anime and has it's own comedy and exaggeration moments, but it's pretty solid in idea it covers.

And just for information, client changes aren't always for the best. Some of them make shots look worse. Sad truth.
kitten320Apr 3, 2017 4:52 PM
Apr 3, 2017 5:40 PM

Jan 2015
kitten320 said:
So working in a middle of a night for days, almost dieing from tiredness and being forced to do tons of extra work under same deadline just cause client decided to change idea is a rosy lens?

I won't deny it's still an anime and has it's own comedy and exaggeration moments, but it's pretty solid in idea it covers.

And just for information, client changes aren't always for the best. Some of them make shots look worse. Sad truth.

It's not what is shown in the anime, as much as how it is shown. The series is accurate with its facts but always goes out of its way to show you the best outcome possible and paint people in a positive light. That's what I meant with the rozy lens comment, it's more about the tone of it.
I just disagree with it being called a documentary. To me it was more about the overall atmosphere and getting swept up in the flow of events. Rather than being a documentary about making anime, it is a story about how two particular anime series called "Exodus" and "3rd Aerial Girls Squad" were made. What it manages to show well iis that every single anime has a unique story behind it, as do the people who work on each of them.
Apr 8, 2017 6:07 PM

May 2010
Whoa, this industry seems VERY strict, guess I'm somehow glad that I'm not talented enough to ever become a part of it o_o It's a bit scary when you think that people REALLY die from stress and overworking themselves to death, gosh.
Jul 14, 2017 4:45 AM

Apr 2016
All that work to a change a 10 second scene!!

Maji risupekuto!!

Aug 7, 2017 2:12 PM

Sep 2015
I liked how their waifu came to life.
Aug 13, 2017 7:34 PM

Jun 2013
That retake was absolutely worth it. Miyamori had a ton of fun expressions in this episode, too. I didn't expect this show to be so binge-friendly, I thought I could be satisfied with just one episode a day, but nope. I'm feeling the magic.

HapHazrD said:
Rather than being a documentary about making anime, it is a story about how two particular anime series called "Exodus" and "3rd Aerial Girls Squad" were made. What it manages to show well iis that every single anime has a unique story behind it, as do the people who work on each of them.

Exactly. This series shows us how taxing it is to work in this industry, and how many ways a production can go wrong. It merely picks an optimistic route where things do work out in the end, where all the painstaking work ends up paying off. And well, it really is true that in the overwhelming majority of the cases, with very few exceptions, the episodes somehow manage to make it to the station on time.
LeeTailorAug 13, 2017 7:42 PM
Aug 31, 2017 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
This show really feels hectic to watch. It somehow really makes you feel how it may feel in the animation workplace.
Jan 9, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2015
Aoi seemed like she was about to lose it...everything amazingly turned out okay. Anime production sure is a busy and very time-dependent process.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 21, 2019 5:57 AM

Feb 2018
Episode 4 really hard works
May 14, 2019 11:20 PM

Jul 2015
Can't help but feel this entire show is a cry for help. So much work just to be entertainment to be eaten up by our asses, I love it so far
Jun 17, 2019 10:38 AM

Nov 2010
I wonder if a hentai anime studio experiences the same issues we've seen in this episode. Well, I'm sure they don't have to worry about broadcast deadlines.. lol
Oct 13, 2019 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
So stressful, just how I imagined anime production to be. For a newbie she seems to handle it quite well though, apart from that one breakdown lol
Nov 18, 2020 2:56 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So when these anime characters are drawing anime, is that the equivalent of us drawing photo realistic drawings that are so real that when you put them into motion it looks like live action??!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 17, 2021 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
I thought this was a little better than the previous two, although it's again, focuses on more of the hectic nature of deadlines and potential delays like the first one. It felt a bit more impactful due to seeing how Aoi Miyamori, someone still new to the company and adjusting on her own, was in absolute hell there for a while as she was everywhere having to deal with so many issues that her brain was about to fuse out due to the stress levels but in the end after relying on others, it all worked out and they managed to get the episode done in the end. It definitely felt hectic to watch so the anime staff translated the message of the episode well here to the audience, making it more engaging in the process (clearly had too much experience first hand with that amount of stress and more, so no wonder I could feel the anxiety from here as just a viewer).

Despite the intensity translating really nicely, still wish that there was a little more to the premise than just seeing Aoi work in an animation studio and seeing chaos happen each and every single time. Bakuman admittedly's spoiled me since it gave me the production of manga with realistic options with a story to connect everything together whereas with here, its just sort of running the entire thing on its momentum at just producing anime without much else to really dig into beyond that, especially with the large cast they have (including the main character).
Jan 20, 2021 5:03 AM

Feb 2019
This show so far has been a constant marathon. I'm struggling to breathe just watching it, and sometimes my mind can't keep up with how fast-paced it is!

I knew anime production was tough, but I didn't know it was THIS tough.

Anyway, Aoi's expressions and mannerisms can be really cute!
Feb 2, 2021 7:32 AM

May 2015
Eyyy they managed. Noice!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 24, 2021 8:46 PM

Jan 2010
I feel stressed just from watching. Holy crap, these are absolutely not sustainable business practices.
Apr 13, 2021 11:02 AM

Dec 2020
Feeling stressed in just three episodes. Better drop it.
Who put a comedy tag -_-
May 1, 2021 5:58 AM

Aug 2019
damn this is most definitely an intense anime, had to rewind a few times to make sure I was talking in everything and I’m still sure I missed some stuff; like if I’m being honest I don’t even really remember many of the character’s names or roles in the studio
May 5, 2021 3:16 PM
Apr 2021
I dont understand why people are saying its hard to relate. Guess you seriously have a good life cuz the elements I see in this anime is very raw and relatable. Like how stressful sometimes work can get sometimes while sometimes you might start doing weird shit when you get stressed out or there is usually atleast 1 guy who is a total dick in you workplace...
I am hypnotizing you and now your favorite genre is arm pit sweat and if you immediately do the deed when you see abs or arm pit
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.