Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2009
It's been three fantastic years...

Thank you, Madhouse, for doing such a great adaptation.

Thank you, Togashi, for creating the masterful manga in the first place.

Thank you all <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 2012
Now would be an excellent time for Bleach to come back.

Anyway, best shounen anime ever made, never got bored for 148 episodes in a row, no show in the entire entertainment of mankind has been able to do that for me. I'll miss this dearly, the ant arc and that episode with the king and the girl... one of the best ever made.

Nov 2012
Alright, this is my favorite shounen. Incredible characters, world building and no shitty otaku-pandering tropes (aside from moe this last arc). I'm sure we won't have something as good for a loooong while.

What's up with Gotoh? Did he not die and was a bunny-thing, or is that a bunny-thing in disguise so that killua doesn't realize Gotoh died? Wish we could have seen more of Kurapika.
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.
Sep 23, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2011
seriously some people should read the manga.
The HxH case is not like Shingeki no Kyojin case, because we know that the probability of the future second season of Shingeki was really high but not with HxH , there is not enough material.

Togashi???
last hiatus: 1 1/2 month
cronosteso23Sep 23, 2014 1:45 PM
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Sep 23, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2013
Flawless.

20/10.

Loved this episode and the anime overall with pride :)
Sep 23, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
cronosteso23 said:
The HxH case is not like Shingeki no Kyojin case, because we know that the probability of the future second season od Shingeki was really high but not with HxH , there is not enough material.

i dont even know the probability of hxh manga to keep continuing...
with togashi condition, dragon quest, and stuff...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 23, 2014 1:43 PM

Sep 2014
)': I can't believe its over, one of my favourite ever. Its not fair how they showed the flashbacks at the end, it hit me hard seeing them
Sep 23, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
It's been a long and wonderful run :) This show is so much more than just a shounen with all its underlying messages. I'm really gonna miss watching this weekly. Amazing series. 9.5/10

Time to start the manga!
Sep 23, 2014 1:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was great TwT

Thank you Togashi and Madhouse for this awesome series

10/10
Sep 23, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
r3birth said:
Alright, this is my favorite shounen. Incredible characters, world building and no shitty otaku-pandering tropes (aside from moe this last arc). I'm sure we won't have something as good for a loooong while.

What's up with Gotoh? Did he not die and was a bunny-thing, or is that a bunny-thing in disguise so that killua doesn't realize Gotoh died? Wish we could have seen more of Kurapika.

Disguise :D
Jan 2014
the best well balanced shonen i have ever seen , 10/10

simply amazing ,, that ending with komugi and meruem had me tearing up , well develpoed plot and characters ,, amazing amazing ,, soo much potential for future events , this looks like its only the beginning but what can you do with togashi ,,, atleast it ended in a great way even if the whole story isnt finished yet ,,, amazing !!!!!

Aug 2010
r3birth said:
What's up with Gotoh? Did he not die and was a bunny-thing, or is that a bunny-thing in disguise so that killua doesn't realize Gotoh died?

Yep that was a disguise so that Killua doesn't find out. They just want him to be happy ^^
Sep 23, 2014 1:47 PM
Sep 2007
I don't have any intention of reading manga...

This anime seems complete to me now, and I'd rather watch sequel adaptation at once whenever it comes out without waiting months of hiatuses between chapters that will only spoil me anime in some way.
Sep 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
I don't hate Departure! or anything, but I can't help but think that was the wrong choice for one of the most powerful scenes in the entire series - probably the most notable misuse of the BGM.

That aside, excellent episode, and I'm profoundly sad that this great run has finally concluded. If Togashi can get back into the groove of things, I'm certain we'll see a DC continuation in animated format (Hopefully MH takes the reins again), but it'll certainly be years before that happens.

The manga is one of my all-time favorites, but I can't help but believe that the wonderful production, direction, and animation that went into this show helped elevate it even further (mostly). Again, here's to hoping that Togashi can pull it in, and continue my favorite shonen narrative for years to come.

Sep 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
ninjastarforcex said:
cronosteso23 said:
The HxH case is not like Shingeki no Kyojin case, because we know that the probability of the future second season od Shingeki was really high but not with HxH , there is not enough material.

i dont even know the probability of hxh manga to keep continuing...
with togashi condition, dragon quest, and stuff...

yeah men, he is one of the best mangakas but this is not fair, I am a fan but I dont want more Hiatus.
I'm tired of this notice: "he's back" (F..ck togashi)
Sep 23, 2014 1:50 PM

Dec 2013
Beautiful end to an amazing series. - 10/10.. 20/10 if I could.
Definitely my all time favorite anime, and i'm about to start the manga.
Going to miss it so much.
Sep 23, 2014 1:52 PM

Nov 2012
Guilek said:
r3birth said:

Disguise :D
Barion-Zara said:
r3birth said:
What's up with Gotoh? Did he not die and was a bunny-thing, or is that a bunny-thing in disguise so that killua doesn't realize Gotoh died?

Yep that was a disguise so that Killua doesn't find out. They just want him to be happy ^^

Ah ok, that's actually a relief, thought they'd brought him back just for a happier ending. Sad, but we can't resurrect every single character. *cough* Gin *cough*
I dislike cuteness, moe, lolis, romance, romantic comedies, slice of life, ecchi, harem, waifus and fan-service.

Nov 2013
Spinner, for those of you who may have forgotten;

Wanted to be a hunter to pay back Kite for helping her buy out the mountain range that her town was on, that town was home to the creature known as the Small-Billed Swan, which she was hoping to preserve.

Bask in the glorious ending my friends.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include

May 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
That Kurapika tease..

This would have gotten me to read the manga asap.

dont worry, after you start reading the manga, the manga is hiatus ASAP XD

I need my HxH fix so I take slow progress (hiatus) over not getting anything at all. This current break will not take a long time, he should be back in a month or 2. Jump are giving us a weekly update now days, something that didn't happen on the 2 year hiatus.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi

Nov 2012
beautifull ending with all those flashbacks that make you go back in time, 10/10.
Sep 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2010
How im gonna miss this anime... :(
There's no girl to forge your weapons with.
Sep 23, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
omg those feels x feels i love u hunter x hunter special place in my heart always
Yo
Sep 23, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
This is the best Shounen anime adaptation I've ever watched (and I'm a big fan of One Piece, if only Madhouse adapted that too!).

The way it was ended was perfect considering manga is ongoing, gives watchers a lot to look forward to while still feeling satisfied.

Despite some very minor issues like over-narration and somewhat repetitive OST, I'm still giving this 10/10
Sep 23, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
Man this episode filled with sense of adventure and wonder..
Sep 23, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
don't you think that it would have been better finish the episode 148 with the Zodiac's mission?
Sep 23, 2014 1:58 PM

May 2012
Hunter x Hunter is truly one of the best anime I've ever seen, and I'm really sad to see it go. The characters, story, villains, power structure, worldbuilding; all of it are absolutely amazing and I'm beyond grateful that I was able to experience this incredible ride from start to finish. I know it sucks having the anime end like this, especially knowing the manga is still on-going, but it was still great to see how the anime studio was able to give us a somewhat gratifying end to things. And like Ging says: It may be a while until we finally find what it is we're looking for, (the manga to resume and for the story to end) but until then we should enjoy all of the little detours! So long Hunter x Hunter, as far as I'm concerned you're an anime legend, and you will be missed. Thank you for everything. :)

10/10, as if there was any doubt! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 23, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
10 years till the sequel. Let the waiting games begin
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Sep 23, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2013
Im gonna miss this series...:(((((

Really Loved This Remake !!! GOOD JOB MADHOUSE ! !♥♥

I hope Togashi gets better and continues the manga and we can see the sequel in next years...

Rating : 10x10 !!
Sep 23, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2010
WhisperBit said:
10 years till the sequel. Let the waiting games begin

THIS ^
It's hard to admit but I feel the same. 10 more years to go! T_T

This anime will be missed, it will forever be my favorite. Everything about hunter x hunter is awesome and creative, so I don't care how long Togashi needs to finish the story, in fact I'd say he should take his time as long as he makes a great manga.
Sep 23, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2011
I'm so sad its really over, well the anime at least. This is one of the best shounens I have ever watched and I must continue with the manga ASAP. And I hope Togashi can get healthier to continue this amazing story.

HXH 4 LIFE 100000000000/100000000000
Sep 23, 2014 2:04 PM
Nov 2010
Top tier anime for a top tier manga.

Thank you for your effort producing it, MADHOUSE.
Tomislavr7Sep 23, 2014 2:21 PM
Sep 23, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2013
Seems like all great things must come to an end eventually. Sadly the greatest anime in history ended today.

This is a day i will never forget, even when i grow old.

http://imgur.com/tt56ju5 - Bye all.
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Sep 23, 2014 2:08 PM

Jan 2011
its my birthday But after watching this episode I am really sad not only for the final episode, also for togashi laziness
Sep 23, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2013

Nooooooooooooo, it ended. :///////
To think I was sceptic at first because of its title. It turned out to be a great ride. I will fucking miss this anime. 10/10
Now the world is left with only bad, average and decent anime.
It was weird that Leorio and Kurapika had so little screen time in the whole series. I thought the matter of Kurapika clan's eyes would be solved.

Ging looking like Gon - lame. The episode was meh but it can't affect my rating. What do now ??
Sep 23, 2014 2:10 PM
Jan 2011
This is my favorite anime and story of all time. I have been following hunter x hunter since the first anime and the manga also after the anime ended. When i originally read this part in the manga, I wondered why Togashi didn't end it here since he had so many hiatuses and it seemed like perfect place since Gon had achieved his main goal. However seeing the first glimpses of the next arc it seems Togashi has many stories left to tell, even if it might take some time. As Ging said in this episode the journey is often more important than the destination.

Madhouse has also done absolutely magnificent job adapting the story of hunter x hunter, this is the standard other studios should aim for when making adaptions. They always know right scenes to focus their efforts on and managed to even improve many parts of the manga, you clearly feel the love and care they have for this series in the result of their work.

Anyways great final episode and I'll be looking forward seeing the next arc animated, no matter how many years it will take.
GnolliSep 23, 2014 2:14 PM
Sep 23, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2013
I'm so sad, cannot believe it's over. Great ending to the series though.
Kurapika with those eyes, oh my.

NaerysOct 1, 2014 9:08 AM
Sep 23, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
What a way to finish it off! Hopefully it returns soon, no anime on Tuesdays for me now =(! Shame!

I am a little bit sad though because they way they portray the Pandora's Box... it just seems endless, I really can't wait until it returns :)
Sep 23, 2014 2:15 PM

Mar 2013
didn't the Mountain Climber from third exam died already how come he still alive lol
Sep 23, 2014 2:16 PM
Sep 2014
I loved the anime. it was a masterpiece. a few things bother me...

1) WTF i understand that kurapika found all the eyes, but thats not a excuse to not go see gon.i was so pissed off

2) i understand the story was about find his dad. but how about hisoka. hisoka was the main antagonist and they never even had a serious fight. hisoka even said we will fight again and they didnt.

ok thats all overall 8/10
Sep 23, 2014 2:17 PM

Apr 2014
YucchinZoldyck said:
Can't watch it yet! X(
I want to ask though, if Ging mentioned about the ways of getting into the Dark Continent? Like in the manga?

CheezWhizLuis said:
Hmm, maybe it's because of the contents of 339, but that didn't look like a real ending to me. It looked more of a season finale. The way they presented it also didn't look like they weren't gonna make any more of the anime ever again.

That's just...ouch.

Yes, he did mention that which makes it even more unlikely that iz won't be adapted at some point (far) in the future.

Why is that "ouch"? lol
Sep 23, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2014
I hate Togashi for going on hiatus right when anime ends... I'm lost now... ._. I will not enjoy anything else in life. I'm going to go freeze myself till the anime returns, see you in 20 years.

kadry38 said:

1) WTF i understand that kurapika found all the eyes, but thats not a excuse to not go see gon.i was so pissed off

2) i understand the story was about find his dad. but how about hisoka. hisoka was the main antagonist and they never even had a serious fight. hisoka even said we will fight again and they didnt.

Hisoka was not the main antagonist, he was just the most popular.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 23, 2014 2:18 PM
May 2011
Still no Home Video announcement outside of Japan.

What the fuck.
Sep 23, 2014 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
kadry38 said:

The phantom troupe took the eyes of an entire village so there isn't everthing here.
And the mangas isn't over only the anime.

Kiniest said:
Still no Home Video announcement outside of Japan.

What the fuck.

HxH is on Netflix. And there is french version in France.

Jan 2011
kadry38 said:

I dont want spoil you
But Kurapika has not found all the eyes. This is going to be one of the principal focus of the next arc.
2. Hisoka is waiting that Gon become stronger

Mar 2014
kadry38 said:

1) He hasn't found all the eyes. Yet. Kurapika can do whatever the hell he wants to do.

2) Hisoka was never the main antagonist, lols
Sep 23, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
I'm going to miss looking forward to every week because of hunterxhunter. 10/10 My favorite shonen anime of all time.
Sep 23, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2013
Started off kid of slow but the ending more than made up for it. It was epic seeing Kurapika in front of the eyes. He looks determined.
Sep 23, 2014 2:23 PM
May 2011
Guilek said:

HxH is on Netflix. And there is french version in France.

I'm a collector. The French version is incomplete. I'd otherwise have no problems with the release, since I'm learning both Japanese and French.

It still doesn't make sense that there's no American localization.
Sep 23, 2014 2:26 PM

Jul 2009
I'm going to miss this series. I hope it comes back in a few years.

It's one of the few shows I actually gave 10/10.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
5 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.