Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 10, 2014 7:07 PM

Nov 2012
Finished this with a big smile on my face :)
I liked the extra parts they added too (Izumi's otaku-friends kinda girlfriend, the scene between his parents, Lalalulu, showing the charm in his pocket)
Daigo really improved his voice acting
The ending scenes were
so does this mean... a season 2 is in the works?!
Sep 10, 2014 7:10 PM
Dec 2013
i have to say, i really enjoyed the anime, i thought at first they might not stay true to the manga like other animes in the past but they really did stay true to the manga. i am really happy and i hope to see a season 2. if you have not seen the manga you are missing out on your daily LOVE STAGE !! pills lolzz ;)

ps. if you guys want to read the manga but don't know where to stared reading and want to know what happen next ? start at vol.3 ch.15.5 . If you guys what to see the full sex scene its vol.3 ch.15. hope you enjoy!!
Sep 10, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2014
Not bad. I usually like ukes but I ended up favoring Ryouma in this.
I just really wish Kuroi x Izumi was a thing but ;v;

mayukachan said:
Where is Honto Yajuu's adaption? :P

LOL, same.

SleepyBear said:
so does this mean... a season 2 is in the works?!

Was thinking the same. They showed that director guy.
Sep 10, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
dannygirl21 said:
ps. if you guys want to read the manga but don't know where to stared reading and want to know what happen next ? start at vol.3 ch.15.5 . If you guys what to see the full sex scene its vol.3 ch.15. hope you enjoy!!

bless you
saved me some time ehehe ;)
Sep 10, 2014 7:33 PM
Dec 2013
your welcome ;)
Sep 10, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2012
2nd and last yaoi I'll ever watch. Rushed ending seemed too rushed but whatever, so glad it's done.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 10, 2014 8:58 PM
Dec 2013
Great anime!! I am so glad there was no pink or blue censoring at the last almost-sex scene lol. Hopefully the next show will be BACK STAGE. Amen!!
Sep 10, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2011
Well, summer ongoings are slowly starting to end, and I'll definitely miss this show. It was very enjoyable and fun to watch. I'm glad it didn't go usual BL path: seme rapes uke -> uke falls in love with seme. Instead Ryouma supported Izumi and always was on his side. Too bad Kuroi didn't have much screentime. He's such a bro and I loved his voice.

Also, emoticon faces are the best!

Wish there were spin-off about Lala-Lulu.

8/10
Sep 10, 2014 10:23 PM

Oct 2011
Can't believe its over NOOO. Was crying when Izumi confessed his feelings to Ryouma. Dat scene O////0

Who was that guy?? A famous director?
Looks like Izumi has been noticed.

SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! T______T
Sep 11, 2014 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
I'm screaming for Season 2!!!!!
Sep 11, 2014 12:20 AM

Oct 2013
That ending :'''(tears of joy) I thought the anime was to short because I wanted more but meh it was a good ending. I can't wait for the OVA.
Sep 11, 2014 1:31 AM

Jun 2014
I'm screaming while watching the last ep.
It's a really good one, though.. Aaah I hope there's season 2!

Let me celebrate the end of Love Stage!! by singing the ED loudly with tears.
Sep 11, 2014 4:09 AM

Apr 2014
That was quick...
Anyway, it was a nice show.
Sep 11, 2014 5:05 AM

May 2012
OMG T.T IS THIS THE END?! REALLY?! NOOOOO. I WANT MOOOOOOOOOORE!!!
Sep 11, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
I started this anime with really low expectations since the other yaoi anime I've watched were complete shit but this one was quite nice. I liked that Ryouma and Izumi's dynamic was different from the typical seme/uke thing we see in yaoi so often.

This was one of my favorite shows this season. 7/10
Sep 11, 2014 11:54 AM

Jul 2012
I'm not happy with the MAL rating until it gets into the 8 zone :| If Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and Junjou Romantica have mid 8s scores each, why does this one score so much lower?
Sep 11, 2014 1:09 PM
Jun 2010
For a BL anime, this is actually pretty well made.

Also, I did not watch this anime, nor did I wrote this.
Sep 11, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
I am satisfied with this adaptation, over all it was good. I don't care the censure if they did a good job. They ended where I guessed.

Sep 11, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2011
*screams like a fangirl until the neighbors call asking what's wrong*

I need MOAR Q________Q

» Escapism.

Sep 11, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
I DEMAND A SEASON 2!!! Q A Q
Sep 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Jan 2013
So, I went into this without high expectations, just wanting to give something different a try. The most shounen-ai thing I've ever watched is No.6, which was barely even shounen-ai, just two tiny pecks on the lips (I loved that anime, btw). After what I consider not a great first episode, I then found myself looking forward to this more and more every week.

Will really miss this now! Definitely hope they do a season 2, as they seemed to leave it open at the end, with the unknown person smiling. Really looking forward to the OVA. It was such a character driven anime, that left me wanting more to find out what happens next! 8/10 from me.
Sep 11, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2011
I was pleasantly surprised by this series. The conclusion was really sweet and I'm glad that he did say very clearly how he felt after some help from the people around him. xD
Sep 12, 2014 11:53 AM

Jun 2011
I don't like how the author resolves the Izumi x Ryoma relationship with sex, but it's adapted from a yaoi manga so I suppose there is the need for sex. These last 2 episodes are the weaker part of the series for me.

Kuroi is great, I really like him. Saotome is surprisingly hot, a megane bishounen, and his look reminds me a little of the captain of Prince of Tennis main character's team. (forgot his name). The parents were really sweet in this episode, I like their chemistry. XD

Too bad they didn't show much of Rei and Shougo, I bet most of us could see something between them. Shougo was totally itching to stay the night at Rei's place. :p

Somehow after these last 2 episodes, I don't really want to read the manga, even though there was a mysterious guy smirking at Izumi's CM. I might change my mind someday, but for now, I am contented with this ending (I guess).

mayukachan said:
I'm not happy with the MAL rating until it gets into the 8 zone :| If Sekaiichi Hatsukoi and Junjou Romantica have mid 8s scores each, why does this one score so much lower?
I'd say because there are a lot of shitty audiences now, who'd watch an on going shounen ai / yaoi show and complain about the gayness. I don't see a lot of them back then. And also, most of the shounen ai / yaoi are rated really high by the fujoshi, so that might explain the high ratings. There are a hell lot of shounen ai / yaoi manga in the top 1000 on MAL..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 12, 2014 12:48 PM

Mar 2011
It might not come soon though because the manga isn't that far from where this ended yet, but still hoping for a season 2 (since they showed a glimpse of that director at the last few seconds)! One of the few titles this season I always looked forward to, 8/10
Sep 12, 2014 9:03 PM

Aug 2012
Aeroing said:
Izumi is quite ripped for an otaku, pft

I know right?

The ending was just so perfect!! XD I loved this episode to pieces!! When Ryouma started to cry at the end I had to squeel. That was just so touching!! >,<
Looks like a second season is planned. The ending showed the beginning of the second arc. I just hope it won't take long for it to come out. I want to watch it already ;_;
Sep 13, 2014 12:58 AM

Apr 2013
It has been a long time since I last saw that scene
In the end Love Stage manage to give a good example what a good BL anime should be
Didn't expect to say this, but I really enjoyed the ride
7.5/10
Sep 13, 2014 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
I need moar <3 Love Stage! was wonderful (and honestly my first ever full on - [not counting hentai] BL series)

I might have to look up the Manga after that now cause wow <3

Anyway The series was phenomenal, gorgeous, sweet, hilarious. Ah! I try to avoid giving anime 10's cause like I feel like I'm always being too generous but seriously this series was fantastic

9 is a 9 okay am I being too generous with a 9? lol anyway I'm gonna go "fan" out for a while XD A bit sad that, that was the end even though it was perfect. The best endings in my opinion are like Wow that was great I'd love to see more but that was incredibly satisfying <3
Sep 13, 2014 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Aww, that was a cute love confession at the end. ^w^

6/10 overall. ^-^
Sep 13, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
mayukachan said:
I'd say because there are a lot of shitty audiences now, who'd watch an on going shounen ai / yaoi show and complain about the gayness. I don't see a lot of them back then. And also, most of the shounen ai / yaoi are rated really high by the fujoshi, so that might explain the high ratings. There are a hell lot of shounen ai / yaoi manga in the top 1000 on MAL..

I know, I know :/ Can't stop that..

But the BL manga that are MAL ranked, are actually really good.
Sep 13, 2014 3:38 PM
Mar 2012
b1GZZ said:
It's not wrong but it has a great difference in their meanings. Yaoi includes sex scenes, it's like male homosexual hentai. Shounen ai is homosexual romance, without sexual intercourse, the sex scenes can be implied but they're not shown, like what happened in the end of "Love Stage!!".
Now what if the manga is yaoi but the anime adaption cuts out the sex scenes? Hm...

I still dislike the sexual abuse scenes and the way it's downplayed in Love Stage! and the "I just couldn't hold myself back" shit - which is why my rating will not be so high, It's really a shame about that, otherwise I like it, but it leaves a foul taste.

And of course, I always wonder whether the Japanese have never heard of foreplay, heavy petting or second and thirs base. I mean seriously? Is that just something they leave out in mangas and anime because... whatever... or is it something cultural?

Best yaoi/shounen ai I've come across so far is Hana wa Saku ka, by the way (only manga, no anime).
ElenirLachlagosSep 13, 2014 3:44 PM
Sep 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
It was a fun yaoi to watch.
I hope we get more Yaoi like this!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Sep 13, 2014 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good, cutesy little story. The art was fine besides the duck mouths and fluctuating eye sizes.
Sep 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2013
well i really didn't expect much form this show, and i was happily surprised
totally worth watching
Sep 18, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
It was a Great show, the ending was cute! I enjoyed this, hopefully this means more BL anime is on the way. Overall I give it 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
At the end of the 9th episode and start of the 10th I honestly thought the rebels and Sena were going to have some spicy yaoi orgy scene. Not just them totally making a 180 and flopping around over him and his "cuteness."

It was a fine episode and a great series. It was really nice.
Sep 20, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2008
It took Izumi almost getting raped to realize he loved Ryoma. *smh*

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 21, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2008
The BL parts of this series were largely by the numbers, but the comedy was always great.

Sickly sweet ending, but I expected as much.
Sep 22, 2014 3:47 PM
Jul 2018
The ending was expected but it was a very good BL anime, maybe the best one I've seen up to this point. I wouldn't mind it to have a few more episodes but I'm glad they decided to adapt it to anime cause I really feel it was a successful series.
My Final Score: 8
Sep 22, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
Doesn't matter, had sex
Sep 25, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Why can't more romance anime end like that.
Oct 1, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2010
So they finally got rid of the weird pink/blue blur. I guess they were saving the normal one as the best one for the very last moment.

Hmm it was pretty good anime over-all, esp. the first few episodes were marvelous. I wish there was more focus on showbiz stuff, I think I would have liked to see that more. Ryoma x Sena was still nice tho, esp. on Ryoma's part (tho he has little self-restraint)

Hmmm I would have given it a 9 but... an 8 would do. Would like a 2nd season.
Oct 6, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
For me it's the other way around. I found Love Stage! much better than Sekaiichi. I found myself getting extremely bored with it's plot.
Oct 8, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2013
this is so so gayyyyyyyy hahahahahaha

bad second half, i hate the after anal sex scene

6/10
Oct 8, 2014 7:18 PM

Dec 2007
i could only watch it now. it was PERFECT! loved it so much i think i'll read the manga and also Back Stage! now that the anime is over
Oct 8, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2012
Juhnny said:
For me it's the other way around. I found Love Stage! much better than Sekaiichi. I found myself getting extremely bored with it's plot.

Yeah. Way too many love triangles and cliche shit.

sterres said:
mayukachan said:

For me it's because this was incredibly dull and boring. The seme didn't deliver and from there it's all a costant no. To me yaoi is a safe way to be desired THAT much that the man can't control himself and if the seme backs out like this one did, it feels like an insult.

I preferred the seme here over any of Junjou or Sekaiichi's semes, no lie. Are you saying that a yaoi must follow the rapey seme ---> tsundere uke? Because, that's not even how it works irl. I'm not totally against Sekaiichi's structure (I liked it tbh) but Love Stage!! is more adorable and realistic.
Oct 12, 2014 2:50 AM
Nov 2011
parfaited said:
b1GZZ said:
EVERYONE, STOP MISTAKING yaoi with shounen ai, it's definitely not the same thing omfg!

Is it wrong to call all homosexual anime BL? Isn't that the preferred term these days anyway?
If anyone is enlightened about these things please do tell me.
(and I mean truly enlightened and not just speaking out of your ass enlightened)

Of course you are right. It isn't Yaoi or more correctly Boy's Love. And I like the term Yaoi better than BL, it has a ring to it. Yaoi is not incorrect it is just a bit out of date. But love stage the anime is Shouen Ai. I don't consider myself enlightened, but you seemed so stressed.
Oct 15, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent ending in general, while I'm definitely not a fan of Shounen-ai the overall story and especially the manga development was pretty good, the characters were properly worked out as well and the BL wasn't too over pushed to a point were it would ruin the show butt well as it still was present and I'm not a fan of it I can't really say I liked watching it but oh well another lesson learned to first read the synopsis next time...
Oct 19, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2013
I almost cried, my eyes teared up at that ending. "I love you".

There needs to be more yaoi anime like this, I'm tired of the only yaoi/shounen-ai anime out there being Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. Not to count Gravitation which is really amateur and shitty.

Yes there's tons of yaoi/shounen-ai manga but I want to see more animated ones. There is no harm and Love Stage was a masterpiece.

It was a good run. ;___;
Oct 19, 2014 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
Candeloro said:
I almost cried, my eyes teared up at that ending. "I love you".

There needs to be more yaoi anime like this, I'm tired of the only yaoi/shounen-ai anime out there being Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. Not to count Gravitation which is really amateur and shitty.

Yes there's tons of yaoi/shounen-ai manga but I want to see more animated ones. There is no harm and Love Stage was a masterpiece.

It was a good run. ;___;

Well you have about 2 full pages of yaoi and 3 full pages of shounen-ai on mal to choose from but I agree with you about making some more.
Nov 4, 2014 2:50 AM

Sep 2012
It's kind of funny there's still people whining about it being gay. It's not like this is the 10th episode of a yaoi anime or anything........

It had some funny moments, but overall nothing really memorable or noteworthy. Better than your standard yaoi anime, but that's a very low bar to begin with, so it's not exactly much praise.

6/10
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 23, 2014

87 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Jul 16, 2014

104 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.