Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
I've made a similar thread about loli characters almost exactly a year ago and today I've watched the first episode of Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi and thought of their male counterparts.
The thing is, I don't remember ever liking shotas, but Tokiyuki appears to me like a very bright, adventurous and energetic boy, not annoying in the slightest, very graceful, decorous and dignified to boot. I have no idea how the story and anime are going to progress further, but so far he's been very enjoyable to watch.
Jul 6, 1:53 PM

May 2019
Gon and Killua because they're the only shotas that i know well.

Jul 6, 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
@tchitchouan Killua is OK in my book, but Gon was one of the main reasons I disliked HxH.
Jul 6, 2:01 PM

Feb 2021
Probably Koushi Nagumo from Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun.
Jul 6, 2:07 PM

May 2019
Reply to Shizuna
@tchitchouan Killua is OK in my book, but Gon was one of the main reasons I disliked HxH.
@Shizuna why tho, he's a pretty kind kid.
Jul 6, 2:16 PM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/character/140046/Reg

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 6, 2:19 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to tchitchouan
@Shizuna why tho, he's a pretty kind kid.
@tchitchouan It's been almost 10 years since I've watched HxH (2011) so I won't be able to articulate my gripes that well, but in short I thought he lacked charisma almost in every aspect (design, personality, behavior). His confrontation with Neferpitou and the consequenceless aftermath of that didn't sit right with me either. Who knows, though, maybe if I watched it today I'd feel differently.
Jul 6, 2:29 PM

Jan 2023
Lloyd de Saloum

Shota really ain't my thing, but the amount of butthurt emitting from the internet over this character warms my heart. Pretty enjoyable show as well, started out as a 6.6 on MAL and is now at 7.5.
Jul 6, 2:32 PM

May 2019
Reply to Shizuna
@tchitchouan It's been almost 10 years since I've watched HxH (2011) so I won't be able to articulate my gripes that well, but in short I thought he lacked charisma almost in every aspect (design, personality, behavior). His confrontation with Neferpitou and the consequenceless aftermath of that didn't sit right with me either. Who knows, though, maybe if I watched it today I'd feel differently.
Shizuna said:
he lacked charisma almost in every aspect (design, personality, behavior).

Well that's on purpose, he's supposed to convey an innocent boy next door kind of demeanor which is within the common shonen mc tropes.
Yes, he's a pretty safe and bland mc but that's what makes him likable for the viewer, his naiveté, immaturity, stubbornness are his main defining traits.
Jul 6, 2:50 PM

May 2018
Do traps/femboys count?
My favorite is Coco from, ahem, Boku no Pico.
Jul 6, 3:05 PM

Aug 2017
Damian from spy x family, Souta from Horimiya or Killua from HxH.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 6, 3:11 PM

Jun 2024
I don't know. All I know is I don't like Gon from Hunter x Hunter.
Jul 6, 3:49 PM

Jun 2017
SHouta from Dragon Maid. He makes me think of Lucoa and i love me some Milf Dragons
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Jul 6, 4:07 PM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
LMAO i had the same thought when watching this ep like rn
and this frame was something else

Jul 6, 4:14 PM

Nov 2019
https://myanimelist.net/character/161357/Mahiro_Oyama

ChouunShiryuu said:
@_YaoiShotaIncest expert opinion please.

Damn, shame on you who didn't ask me, a professional astronaut, express delivery man, plumber, electrician, technician, THErapist, professor, scientist, The Dark Knight, teacher, tutor, lifesaver, security guard, secret agent, janitor, bully, the bullied, chef, etc.
SgtBateManJul 6, 8:36 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 6, 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
I'm not really sure how to tell whether a character is a shouta, it's a far less common concept than loli in anime so it's hard to get an instinctive feel for it. Does Hayama Akito of Kodocha count, for instance? I really don't know.
Jul 6, 4:30 PM

Feb 2022
I watched this show today for that shota and i have no complaints. He also went like, " you made me want to live life, take responsibility" or smthn after that frame when riding horse and my mind was all over the place. My favourite kinds of shotas are more feisty and cheeky though. I also like tsundere chiisai bouya. FOr physical features, it's freckles and messy hair. Seikon no qwaser trash anime, but i really like shota there.

Jul 6, 4:30 PM

Jul 2019
Subaru definitely seems the most relatable
Jul 6, 6:48 PM

Aug 2021
I like almost all the shota that mangaka Kazuhiko Mishima made, shota seme is supremacy.

Ciel and Alois are also my favorites.

Jul 6, 6:51 PM

Apr 2018
Jul 6, 7:49 PM

Feb 2020

Nemo from Fate. All the best femboys come from fate, however Nemo comes as a packaged deal (coming with what are essentially clones; some of which being lolis) you gain an entire varied harem by obtaining Nemo and zats a value husbando for me

Jul 6, 8:41 PM

Jul 2019
This kid just made a really strong first impression, if you like cute Shota's you might want to check out Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi It's currently airing
Jul 6, 10:39 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to BerriesSan
LMAO i had the same thought when watching this ep like rn
and this frame was something else
@BerriesSan Great minds think alike.
Jul 7, 5:05 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to SgtBateMan
https://myanimelist.net/character/161357/Mahiro_Oyama

ChouunShiryuu said:

Damn, shame on you who didn't ask me, a professional astronaut, express delivery man, plumber, electrician, technician, THErapist, professor, scientist, The Dark Knight, teacher, tutor, lifesaver, security guard, secret agent, janitor, bully, the bullied, chef, etc.
@SgtBateMan My apologies bateman-dono, or rather daikenja-dono, I assumed you've still yet to master this one pero~
Jul 7, 9:24 AM

Jan 2018
thanks for posting his name Lloyd de Saloum, unfortunately it's gonna be hard to memorize this name. i'd probably call him atelier boy sometimes in the future.
Jul 7, 9:32 AM

Feb 2020
Hacka doll 3 (Hacka Doll) is my new favourite
Jul 7, 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
maybe kid simon the digger if he counts as shota
Jul 7, 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
ChouunShiryuu said:
I watched this show today for that shota and i have no complaints. He also went like, " you made me want to live life, take responsibility" or smthn after that frame when riding horse and my mind was all over the place. My favourite kinds of shotas are more feisty and cheeky though. I also like tsundere chiisai bouya. FOr physical features, it's freckles and messy hair. Seikon no qwaser trash anime, but i really like shota there.

Really great taste on shota for what I can judge in description.

My personal favorite Shota is Damian Desmond, my type Will be the tsundere ones and the shy ones, specially love when a Shota blush a lot

Nurguburu said:
Damian from spy x family, Souta from Horimiya or Killua from HxH.

Fantastic taste on Shota as expected from you 😘
Jul 12, 7:15 AM

May 2021
I have a hard time viewing Yamato from Digimon Adventure solely as a shota because I saw his grown-up versions as well, but when I was 10-11 years old, I had a crush on him :p I guess that childhood crush is what makes him one of my favorite shotas even to this day?

I like Schrödinger from Hellsing Ultimate a lot. He is a great shota-catboy combo :p

Someone mentioned Shaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura, and he is definitely one of my favorite shotas as well.

I also really like Haru from Digimon: Appli Monsters because he is freaking adorable.

And as much as I hate most of the Kuroshitsuji characters, Alois Trancy is definitely worth noting. I also saw someone else mention him above, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest!

Overall, I don't think I know or like all that many shota characters, so I'm hardly an expert :)
Jul 12, 7:38 AM

Apr 2019
Jul 12, 7:40 AM

Jan 2021
I think my favorite is shota Araragi or shota Yuji. My favorite 'true' Shota is reg,
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 12, 7:56 AM

Nov 2013
It's really hard to pick just one, so I'm only here to support the shota collective
Jul 12, 8:10 AM

Jun 2024
My Old Shota Jing from Jing King of Bandit

Jul 15, 4:09 AM
Apr 2020
Lloyd de Saloum Is My Newest One At The Minute He Is So Cute

More topics from this board

» Any cool anime released on your birthday?

karioka- - Oct 3

21 by mshfqtny »»
21 seconds ago

» Why Fall season have many and big anime

Kirika_Madeleine - 6 hours ago

8 by TheMechaManiac »»
5 minutes ago

» What happened to the game i love?

Zakatsuki_ - 4 hours ago

14 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago

» why is it widely accepted that slanting a chinese character's eyes is racist but anime does it all the time? ( 1 2 )

karo86 - Yesterday

52 by Wonderaqua »»
23 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

806 by Zero01guard »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.