Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
God damn... How big is this family lol?

Shiori, the granddaughter, arrived at Shouzou and Ine's house. Her father, Takahiro, the second son, excelled in his studies and became a doctor. Shiori aims to follow the same path, but she struggles with various issues, such as studying and her friendships. She mentions that she had a fight with Takahiro, prompting Shouzou and Ine to band together and let her stay at their house until everything at home calms down.

Lol, now that these two have regained their youth, their sons and daughters will end up with new siblings... But hey, the scammer wasn't all bad. It was just his circumstances that led him down that path. Ine giving her best advice and support to a stranger in need—classic. Mino, the ultimate simp for that girl, and honestly, I'm here for it. I mean, sure, we've got plenty of yuri this season alone, but I wouldn't mind seeing some grandma and Mino yuri.

More sweetness, just gotta love it.

Apr 14, 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
And here i thought the "family member is being sick and needs money" scheme calls are only over here, lol.

I must admit, that before i watched this, i was under the impression that this is gonna be more of a serious family drama ... and while it still is very seriously family oriented, its pretty much just a 4-koma slapstick comedy.

I in particular like how everyone is just totally casual about them changing back to their young days, lol.
Apr 14, 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
Well it's nice that they managed to get that scammer, people like that are trash.
Anyway another granddaughter appeared and she has some problems it seems hopefully she will be able to overcome them.
Apr 14, 8:11 AM

Feb 2021
12:37 大安 (taian lit. great peace) - day that is lucky the whole day (in the traditional calendar); auspicious day. 仏滅 (lit Buddha destruction/ruin) - very unlucky day (in the traditional calendar)​. 六曜 (rokuyou lit. six weekdays) - Japanese calendar's six labels, indicating how auspicious each day is.

Many wholesome moments this episode. Especially the part with their son.
Apr 14, 8:20 AM

Mar 2021
Such a sweet and wholesome episode it was hilarious seeing the grandma outsmart the phone scammer.
Apr 14, 8:42 AM

Dec 2022
well we met their second kid and his kid but i am more interested about minos siblings well what ever just how many kids do they have

also they tried some young couple treads
Apr 14, 8:52 AM
May 2020
So underrated right now jesus
Apr 14, 9:11 AM

Jan 2017
i am not a gerontophile i am not a gerontophile i am not a gerontophile i am not a gerontophile i am not a ge...
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 14, 9:14 AM

Aug 2022
Little by little, the romance between these grandparents begins. The two of them are truly lovers, even at their not so young age.

I like their struggle to keep their garden safe. And I'm sure that miracle is a gift for them. A pair of grandparents who have become young again.

RafaBryanApr 14, 9:18 AM
Apr 14, 9:16 AM

Jul 2016
"People who have nothing to cry about don't cry."
For such a simple quote, it sure does a great job at making you feel like a doted grandchild getting comforted.

She really just outplayed a scammer by herself and threw a massive uno reverse card on her granddaughter's silly little love prank. Don't mess with grandma.

Dammit, they really got to get me emotional after all the fluffiness with the doctor son and apple tree backstory double combo. Quit making me cry, chillout show.
Apr 14, 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
I just notice that the grandparent era people marry a lot and only a few divorce, then comes the parent era where people divorce a lot, then comes current era where people just don't marry anymore.
Apr 14, 10:55 AM

Oct 2016
Dang, that was a real heartwarming episode! I've got a soft spot for that parent-child bond, especially the motherly kind, Got a bit misty-eyed watching this one
Apr 14, 10:58 AM

Apr 2022

Speaking of insulin, I might need to take some to be able to watch this show, it's sickeningly sweet!
Apr 14, 11:16 AM

Apr 2015
i would fall for that Kabedon too

Another wholesome episode, this anime is so underrated.
Apr 14, 11:23 AM

Jan 2016
They took care of the tree, so the tree did a miracle with all it's expired existence. Someone brought up same thing basically happened in One Piece and makes sense because I got similarly emotional here.

They have such a nice and sweet family overall. Very wholesome.
4/5, something about the style I don't like, and people talking dirt about old people I don't like. I never understood and likely won't.

Apr 14, 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
Those flashbacks seriously didn't have to hit this hard. Damn...

5/5 episode.
Apr 14, 12:30 PM
Dec 2022
this episode made me so emotional, especially takahiro’s story on why he became a doctor. they truly do love each other and old love like that is worth believing in😭🤍
Apr 14, 12:56 PM
May 2021
This anime is so wholesome lol
Apr 14, 1:20 PM
Nov 2023
A pleasant watch, but it’s weird hearing Takumi Fujiwara talking like an old man 😂
Anyhow, Granny is hot, how the hell does he keep his hands off of that incredibly youthful wife of his???
Apr 14, 3:01 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Loving the fun and goofy moments of the show, but I also liked the serious moments in this episode. We got a bit more on how the grandparents became young again, I thought what we got in episode 1 was enough to get it but I did like this bit, the hourglass thing does raise some questions, like do they have a lot longer to live now or are they still going to die of old age despite looking young? I gotta thank that tree tho for allowing this to happen lol, it’s just sad it disintegrated there once they ate the golden apple. The other serious bit I liked was when it touched on their other son who became a doctor to help his mom, that was very touching for sure, as well as when we got introduced to his own daughter Shiori who had that wholesome moment with Ine, sometimes grandma knows best.

But besides that, let’s talk about the goofy stuff lol, that first bit where the kids got inspired to become farmers because of Ine was good, can’t blame them honestly with how much of a beautiful babe she’s become. I also liked the wall slam bit, it’s just a shame Ine didn’t show that she got flustered to Shouzou, I’m glad she understood how powerful the wall slam is tho lol. And the last bit I want to touch on is that scam caller bit, poor old folks shouldn’t have to deal with that nonsense but thankfully Ine recognized what was happening and is apparently getting other scammers arrested too lol, don’t mess with granny.
TheColonel76Apr 14, 3:13 PM
Apr 14, 3:11 PM

Feb 2019
In with a shout for most underrated show of the season? First two episodes of this have been so good. Loving the grandma and grandpa young again romance.

Was cool to see their second son’s daughter and how she’s going thru the usual rebellious phase running away from home. Grandma comforting her was cute, it seems like she’s not as jealous of this granddaughter as she is with Mito..

Digging the 4 koma slapstick style of direction these episodes have with all the mini segments. Grandma watching the j drama and wanting grandpa to recreate that with her, then just saying she felt nothing because of how long they’ve been together 😂. But clearly they both have that flame still blazing inside because as we see later in the episode they get flustered when walking together and still try and surprise each other with gifts.

Outsmarting the phone scammer was hilarious as well. Glad dude got locked up the next day. Preying on vulnerable older people is such so scummy.
Marinate1016Apr 14, 3:17 PM
Apr 14, 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
ADORABLE, they are so adorable <3

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
Apr 14, 6:42 PM

Apr 2022
this is underrated, just makes me smile lmao the chemistry between the two leads are great.
Apr 14, 7:20 PM
Aug 2023
I found it more fun than the first episode, I'm excited for the next episodes
Apr 14, 8:43 PM

Jan 2008
Grandma is pretty savvy when it comes to scams targeting old people. Pulling a reverse-uno.

It's so cute seeing them flirt, literally reliving their youth. I wonder if it's the hormones.

In the last episode I laughed more than I cried. In this episode, I cried with a punch to the gut with al the feels when they flashed back to their other son's motivations for becoming a doctor. Really makes you want to cherish the close people you still have left in your life. And I really hope her cancer is gone now after the regression. That hourglass dream is a little ominous.

Also, did the tree really die in the end? Looks like that magic golden apple was a one-time deal.

Next episode, grandpa turns back old again...oh no. And why did the couple have a shotgun and chainsaw? Next week can't come soon enough.
Apr 14, 10:04 PM

Oct 2023
Shounen action/fantasy fans gotta chill sometimes. This ain't a 7.18-rated anime y'know?!
Apr 14, 10:44 PM
Oct 2021
ini seri bagus bangettttttttttttttttttt
Apr 14, 10:50 PM
Oct 2019
It always calms your heart to watch this anime, perfect
Apr 15, 12:43 AM
Apr 2021
Man this is one of those shows I look forward to this season and I love it, the goofy comedy moment are so cute and the serious moments are so sweet so what they saw before they turned young was an hourglass that flipped over so they had a lot of sand (time) this time I wonder if we’re gonna get more lore to the golden apple🤔

The moment with Takehiro was nice to see imagine working ur life to just save ur grandma and you come to fine out that she’s not only cancer free she’s back to her young age🥹

Grandma was a H O T tamale back in her prime days with how everyone simps over her looks I still find it funny how both grandpa and grandma can’t even hold hands without being completely flustered like they’re a newly dating couple😭😭😭 (the hand holding was too lewd for me to watch😭😣😣)
Apr 15, 12:44 AM
Jan 2021
pretty wholesome tbh
Apr 15, 5:25 AM
Nov 2017
Wholesome episode!!!
Apr 15, 9:30 AM

Nov 2013
lol all the people i talk to say this anime is boring, meanwhile i can't stop smiling all episode
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
I love how this anime manages to be both goofy and melodramatic at the same time. Also, one of their granddaughters really has some kind of strange incest fetish or fetishism in general.
Apr 15, 5:55 PM

Mar 2008
I feel like I need an official family tree to remember what size this family is.

I actually got teary from the doctor son being so happy and that little show of how much they cared for that tree and the tree paying them back.
Apr 16, 5:25 AM
Nov 2020
the apple tree scene hits different.
im not gonna lie, its the first time i felt emotional to a living thing other than mammals
Apr 16, 5:29 AM
Mar 2020
I think the anime has more irregular timeline compared to the manga, the hourglass part (And the next episode) is supposedly on the latter part instead of being this early.

Also, they censored "Something" at the part where they talked about swimsuit.
EgatammaNApr 16, 5:34 AM
Apr 16, 3:36 PM
Jan 2023
esse anime me passa uma vibe tranquila
Apr 16, 6:23 PM

Sep 2016
I wish this show was a little bit more animated.
Also they should tone down the B3 ...it works in manga, not so much in anime.
bruh
Apr 17, 6:11 AM
May 2020
It was a nice episode , i think the anime is pretty well made and a nice sol.
Apr 17, 9:23 PM
Oct 2022
Very comedy and the couple not romantic. Just 10% Romance and feel heart
Apr 17, 10:22 PM
Feb 2023
who put onions here? :'(

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Apr 18, 2:54 AM
Sep 2021
Everyday life of grandpa & grandma is shown well & their interaction really calms you down.
Apr 20, 2:27 PM

May 2015
Love getting more series that make me constantly grin throughout the episode.

That cancer part I dont remember but its been a while since I read the manga. I'm curious if the de-ageing is a permenant thing or it'll be undone by the end of the manga and they'll return to being old. I hope its not the second one since we learned about the cancer. But we'll never see this in the anime so its fine.

Baa-san and Jiisan are so adorable together. I'm so happy this series got an anime.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 21, 10:43 AM
Nov 2022
A very wholesome episode, one day I would like to have a marriage like that...
Apr 21, 9:16 PM

Mar 2007
Oh, them struggling to save the tree, then the tree eventually gave them a fruit before it died, that was just lovely.

How is it the best romance this season (along with Kabedon) is from this old couple, and not some high school kids?
Apr 22, 4:44 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was way better than the 1st one.

Ine is beautiful, it was weird to me how in the 1st episode everyone went crazy over the grandpa but didn't really care that much over her lol
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 23, 1:18 AM

Jul 2017
Kids falling heads in heels with Grandma Ine, haha. Be a farmer.

Shouzou and Ine trying to understand their granddaughter Mino's thought process on young people dating, and Ine wanting the kabedon is just too sweet. Even with grandmothers like Kasama, Mino sure changes her tune fast. The 2nd granddaughter of Shiori escaping to Shouzou and Ine's house being bereft of expectations from her father who's an all-rounder. Even with swimsuits and the like, both Ine would rather not want to go to the beach exposed, which that can be blamed on Shouzou.

A call from a scammer, Ine can immediately tell, and has preparations, though Shouzou is rather late to the story lols. But still, Mino playing with both Shouzou and Ine on the latter's vision, she got her just desserts trying to play with them, haha. Too bad that Shozuou isn't all that manly to notice Ine's advances, though he knows her trying to get him into her game. The truth turned to Shiori's father Takahiro seeing them regressed into theur young state, it's one reason why the 2nd son turned into a doctor trying to find them a cure, to only see Ine in the good of health.

Insulin is growing within, readily.
Apr 27, 12:54 PM

Jan 2022
G'pa guying g'ma a dress was so cute. He's finally able to do what he always wanted to do, treat his wife like a queen.

Mino is hilarious, I love how she eggs on her grandparents

They're both hip and with it. Its pretty amazing.

The tree had a tragic death lol

The only thing that bothers me is that they keep saying "we're too old to do this"
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 30, 11:12 AM
Jan 2020
It was fantastisk awesome
May 2, 7:27 PM

Apr 2019
Another great episode, they expanded more on the lore of that golden apple from that typhoon tree they planted
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Jun 16

124 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 9

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 26

39 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 19

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 23, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.