Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
Ine definitely experienced a blast from the past.

Suddenly, Ine's memories regressed to her younger days. Finding herself back before meeting Shouzou, she felt as if she had time-traveled several decades into the past. Despite her confusion, she became curious about why she had married Shouzou and asked him to make her fall in love with him once again. Just then, Yoshiaki and his family came to visit, prompting them to devise a plan quickly. In the end, Ine decides to pose as their grandmother.

I find it kind of weird how neither of these weirdos even questions why they keep shifting from old to young to old again. I mean, I know they live in Aomori, and that place is home to extravagant things, but still, no questions, no concerns, no nothing? Anyways, quite a feely episode, especially the part with Yoshiaki. The scene with the piano grandma was also very touching. Yeah, Ine, if you feel uneasy when he's not around, I'm 99% sure that you're in love.

In the end, it's your loved one who will always fill in that little gap you have in your life.

Apr 2016
They should have just stayed in them being old and or young area, now its getting more weird with each episode, memory loss and stuff ... still funny, lol ... and quite touching too, the part with her sister was something, Jesus.

Also, they say that the parents know their kids the best, which is true. But kids also knew their parents better than anyone :)

Apr 2014
This episode hit so hard. It was a very beautiful episode though. 😭
何それ?意味分かんない
May 5, 8:01 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty sad episode but things turned around in the end.
Still it was nice to learn a few things from the past and see that there is a sister as well.
The state of the sister was sad to watch tho.

In any case things worked out in the end.
May 5, 8:21 AM

Mar 2021
This was a beautiful episode the part with the sisters playing the piano together was especially touching.
May 5, 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
With Ine's memories regressed, not knowing what is going on between her and Shouzou, another attempt to fall in love again, that's a possibility.

Shouzou has to teach and guide Ine all over again about their 50 years of marriage, though she's learning things of the "future" living within her head. And while Shouzou is able to regress with the help of the hourglass, Ine still not being able to recognize him...is quite bad. Even with their young family Yoshiaki's family, everything still doesn't go as planned, Ine's really regressed to the point where she doesn't remember ANYTHING at all, that even Shouzou has to teach her how to cook. But Yoshiaki's company going under, it's going to be hard to sustain his own family, and both Shouzou and Ine always have their doors welcome...for his ranting lols, in his drunkenness.

Going back to the same place where they first met for a further attempt to rekindle hearts, Ine finds it awkward on how she managed to win his heart like that. And taking care of her older sister which she is hospitalized, playing the piano together brings back memories that also brings tears to her heart. The restoration on the broken part of the hourglass support, and their relentless love through many setbacks and promises, is what bonded them together.

Great for Ine to recover her memory like that.
May 5, 9:07 AM
Sep 2021
Ine regained her memories after realizing how important Shouzou has taken care of her all these years & the bond they have developed.
May 5, 9:35 AM

Jul 2016
"It doesn't matter how many unreasonable, senseless things we get hit with. I love you. Even if tens of thousands of unhappinesses came raining down, I just need to give you happinesses that outnumber them. That's all."
Ine fought back her tears way better than I could. That was beautiful.

Also, I've heard of grandparents and parents with dementia but I can only imagine the unique pain that comes with an older sibling being diagnosed with it. Can we get a funny episode next? Lol
May 5, 9:40 AM

Jul 2016
I was wondering why they didn't adapt the parts with Grandma's sister in the previous episodes, and it turned out they rearranged it for this episode instead.

Now I'm begin to wondering if they will adapt the latest chapters where
May 5, 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
This is the kind of episode I expect from this kind of anime.
May 5, 9:46 AM
Feb 2023
I'm not crying. YOU'RE CRYING! ヽ(*。>Д<)o゜
May 5, 9:59 AM
Aug 2022
A very beautiful episode this was😭😍
May 5, 10:47 AM

Apr 2019
Another great episode, we got more backstory for the 2 of them thanks to this amnesia epsiode, it seems they're going to Tokyo for the next episode
May 5, 12:07 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The comedic bits were needed this episode, this one really got me. I knew with Ine losing her memories there would be some silly stuff with her learning about future technology and having to get to know Shouzou and the rest of her family again, and I also knew this would be more of a serious episode, but damn I wasn’t ready for the bit with Ine’s sister. It’s one thing to be your older self and experience your sibling go through dementia, but for your younger self to travel into the future and see that same person in that state makes it hit even harder, incredibly sad stuff, I was holding back tears during the piano scene, and that’s why I’m glad Shouzou made me smile afterward with his comment about not being able to get them to stop playing for an hour lol, those two should attempt a 30+ minute Dark Star with that skill.

But that wasn’t the only part that had me feeling the feels, the bit with one of their sons Yoshiaki also did it for me a bit, you had the surreal thing of Ine from the past meeting her future son, and also the fact she still treated him like he was her son despite that she had no memories of being his mom, and to top it off Yoshiaki was able to tell something was up with Ine while he was drunk, really liked this whole scene, there was some comedy too which worked nicely. And lastly you had the moment at the end where Ine finally got her memories back and reunited with Shouzou, seeing more scenes from the past made this moments especially great, these two are made for each other no matter what comes between them. And as great as this episode was, I hope I’m laughing more than crying next episode lol, I need my funny old couple back.
TheColonel76May 5, 12:17 PM
May 5, 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
“It doesn’t matter how many unreasonable, senseless things we get hit with. I love you. Even if tens of thousands of unhappiness come raining down. I just need to give you happiness that outnumbers them” 😭 who tf is cutting onions in here. Best episode so far!

Ate so good with emotional episodes today between this and Mushoku.

Ine having lost her memory and interacting with her son, granddaughter and of course Shouzou in this one were so good. Sometimes you gotta lose things to appreciate how much they mean to you and we got a nice taste of that today. Even though her memory was gone, that lingering feeling of love still existed for her family and I can’t get over how nice the scene of her babying her son, even at his age, was so nice.

Ine meeting her sister with dementia was also a powerful moment. Couldn’t help but get emotional there. Even with her illness and not being in her right frame of mind, her sister kept her promise and was there for her. Even though she may have forgotten so much else, she remembered how to play the song they loved to play together 😢 so glad they got to spend time together.

And then that lovely ending with her getting her memories back and running to grandpa 😢 for a gay comedy series they really tugged on the heartstrings today. Amazing episode and a nice example of how love endures, even across time.
Marinate1016May 5, 2:06 PM
May 5, 2:04 PM

Mar 2007
Oh my lord, the feels in this anime are next level. I started crying at the piano part (used to play duets with my auntie) and by the end of the episode when she realized just how much he loved her and her hair turned back to white it was all just T.T

This is absolutely the best love story / romance of the season, bar none. Everything else I've seen feels shallow and lame compared to it. It's just too bad many of the younger folks with less life experience will never be able to appreciate this anime.. It's pretty profound and will surely hit different when they're older, married or have lived longer.
May 5, 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
Seeing Grandma's older sister with dementia playing the piano with her again after those flashbacks really opened the floodgates 😭

I'm so glad she got her memory back, the "reunion" at the end being super sweet...although the ED theme playing immediately after that really killed the vibe, tbh.

I'm still curious though...didn't they turn old again to fill out some government paperwork that they would need to match their IDs? I guess they just put it off for a bit, as it must not be urgent.

Next week, finally we get the honeymoon!?
May 5, 6:59 PM

Apr 2022
always nice seeing the two leads interact, hilarious how he got pulled trying to go to the washroom lol.
May 5, 7:02 PM

Jul 2022
The whole episode was a mix of tears and laughter: when the grandfather was patient and affectionate, giving her space, when she comforted her son like a mother to her child, when the grandmother played the piano with her older sister, when their fingers touched, and when the grandmother regained her memories. The entire episode was truly beautiful.
May 5, 9:25 PM

Feb 2016
BROOOO, THE SCENE WITH HER SISTER WAS SO SAD, YET BEAUTIFUL 😭😭😭
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 6, 2:12 AM

Nov 2013
Maaan, this show keeps on delivering. There's humor, wholesomeness and sadness all mixed together. Glad the amnesia part was resolved.
So, the hourglass was repaired, but the sand is still leaking? Odd but convenient, I guess.
May 6, 7:55 AM

Dec 2008
This is getting too weird
May 6, 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
fuck me i actually cried TWICE during this episode and then that stupid ass ED started playing (╥﹏╥)
May 6, 5:04 PM

Mar 2008
There was so many touching moments in this episode i was left in tears most the way through 😭

I laughed at Shouzou getting stuck unable to head off to the restroom because he didnt want to leave Ine when in need holding him lol

Music therapy is an actual thing that helps people with dementia. Something about familiar music brings back some of their ability to function and sometimes memories. Familiar scents also can trigger memories.
May 6, 7:30 PM

Oct 2010
Ok I’m not gonna lie, until this episode I was finding this show just a little boring, and had felt like the episodes could’ve been 5 or 10 minutes instead of full-length to keep from dragging, but THIS EPISODE really got me. It was every bit as emotional as my expectations for this series were before starting it. The scene where Ine plays piano with her sister brought me to tears. Excellent, I’m a lot more enthusiastic about the rest of the series than I was before!
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
May 6, 9:40 PM
Jun 2019
Well now I'm crying.
Gonna reach out to my mom and my older brother just in case too (;_;
5/5 episode
May 6, 11:13 PM

Sep 2023
best episode of the series so far imo. really hits you in the feels at the end when grandma remembers her love for grandpa and embraces him in a warm heartfelt hug. excited to see what will happen on their honeymoon next episode
May 7, 3:34 AM
Nov 2021
Emotional and I cried. Hits me right in the heart
May 7, 4:51 PM
May 2022
episodio maravilhoso
May 7, 8:22 PM

Aug 2023
Man this episode really got me. Super emotional, It was a bit hard to watch but in a good way. as someone who has family members who I've lost to dementia once, and then again at passing. I also really appreciate the massive benefits of things like music therapy and how so many people have memories and experiences connected to music. This episode as a whole just really felt like it hit me on an emotional level.
May 9, 6:41 AM

Feb 2021
Memories are coming back because of true love :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 10, 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
This was honestly my favorite episode by far.
A couple of tears, a good laugh, a bittersweet moment, even a sad moment that tugs at your heart.
A good mixture of emotions within 25 minutes? Good deal.

May 11, 6:14 AM
May 2017
Namu12 said:
This is getting too weird

Nah this episode is touching af
May 12, 4:11 PM
Oct 2013
Every episode up until this point has so many sweet and feel good moments now I want to KMS
May 18, 5:20 AM
Dec 2020
pls this was way too sweet
May 19, 11:16 PM
Mar 2012
early Ine got style, & hugging Mino lol.
oof Yoshiaki is suffering, but headpats.
Timetraveler granny, re dating Shouzo & amnesiac oneesan with that beautiful scenery montage, this show sure going places.
May 20, 7:55 AM
Apr 2021
Awww what another wholesome episode man g comforting her son was really sweet and seeing her try her hardest to gain her memories back by doing romantic stuff that she did when she first made moves towards Saitou was funny tbh bc she was feeling awkward🤣

The second half of this episode was actually tearjerking man that shit was sad asf when they went to the hospital and we saw Grandma’s sister hospitalized there (with Alzheimer’s I think?) but at least grandma managed to bond with her sister and made her remember who she was🥹🥹🥹

Yayyyy Grandma got her memories back when she said how could she not be able to fall in love again got the waterworks swelling up in my eyes man she’s so precious🥺🥹🥺🙌🏽
May 21, 12:07 PM

May 2015
WTF how did they make an even cuter and wholesome episode out of that cliffhanger??!!!!! That ending is actually making me tear up.

This series really makes you think about time and to appreciate it. Kind of like Frieren.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 29, 7:31 PM

Jan 2022
Well at least she got her memory back. I was worried for a sec bc she kept noting things that she didn't like about Shouzou.
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 11, 3:54 AM

Mar 2012
This episode is great! Ine's love for his granddaughter and son :') The result of the passage of time for Ine and her sister was bittersweet.

"The meal by the 'Grandma' that I ate yesterday was so good. What caused me to act so much, despite my being bad at the kitchen? I had been thinking about that... But now, I feel like I understand. It must be because of you." that was so cute. Grandma being able to go to school before kind of told that she was well off, but she actually even had attendants. Her cooking became so good with her love for the person (and eventually family) she is with. I thought following this scene would be her son/granddaughter seeing our main couple and thinking how amazing they are for flirting (because they were very close) while cooking hahaha

I love to see more of the story of their love from the start. Different circumstances made it a difficult love to pursue but more than half a century later, they are still together. I am happy that Grandma remembered it. When Shozo was the one who said "Welcome back" at the end I literally squealed, that was so good ><
Jun 17, 7:31 AM

Aug 2019
jesus christ that piano scene came out of nowhere
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 7:06 PM
Feb 2022
This episode was very emotional. If i was more sensitive i would have cried oceans. What a beautiful scene of grandma playing the piano with her sister.

Spanish translation:
Este episodio fue muy emocional. Si fuera más sensible hubiese llorado mares. Que linda escena de abuela tocando el piano con su hermana.
Jun 29, 7:23 AM

Oct 2017
So that's when Ine got back life in her eyes.

She fell for him all over again but was sure fun watching young Ine.
Jun 29, 7:24 AM

Oct 2017
Also that scene with her sister was emotional.
Jul 16, 9:24 PM

Jul 2023
In the previous episodes, I was fighting boredom, but this episode really touched me. It is so wholesome.
Jul 23, 3:42 AM
Dec 2022
Another sweet and slice of life episode. Ine lost her memory as she turned young after hitting the hourglass pillar. She learns the way of life and tries to fall in love with Shouzou again but to no avail. We learnt she has an older sister who has dementia. In the end the hourglass pillar fixed itself and Ine's memory returns.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Jun 16

128 by pantheon6_ »»
Yesterday, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 9

46 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 8, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 14

60 by Komlan_6 »»
Aug 8, 3:49 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

39 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 7, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 26

40 by patkarunungan »»
Aug 6, 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.