Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Jul 2021
Out of curiosity, what is your preferred website for finding artwork and why? Or, website you least prefer?
Do you upload to any of these websites? Just browse? Maybe both?
DucheiApr 6, 2:27 PM
Apr 6, 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
zerochan because i can subsearch with "official art" on it
Apr 6, 2:24 PM

Aug 2012
Usually Safebooru and Pixiv. Mostly for desktop backgrounds.
Apr 6, 2:47 PM

Sep 2016
https://images.google.com/

works fine
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 6, 2:51 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Pinterest or the regular google images for me.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Apr 6, 2:53 PM

Sep 2018
I like gelbaroo since you can allow the loli tag unlike danbooru. I also use nhentai.
Apr 6, 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
I usually use DeviantArt to search for nice fanarts. I rarely search for them, but if I do, I use DeviantArt.
Apr 6, 6:42 PM

Feb 2020
DeviantArt, Pinterest and countless of random sites. I have only visit certain sites, like, once or twice, so it's impossible to remember them anymore.

SerafosApr 7, 12:14 AM
Apr 6, 7:00 PM

Apr 2020
I don't really seek out fanart all that often, it usually just finds me. Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr are all sites I use on a regular basis though
Apr 6, 7:29 PM

Mar 2008
Weird no Pixiv was mentioned even though it's a big one.

There are people that still use DeviantArt? Ugh. I would never use it to upload from how they literally take ownership of the art uploaded on it.
Apr 6, 7:47 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to traed
Weird no Pixiv was mentioned even though it's a big one.

There are people that still use DeviantArt? Ugh. I would never use it to upload from how they literally take ownership of the art uploaded on it.
@traed Dang, is that in DeviantArt's terms and service? I guess another reason to celebrate its downfall.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
Apr 6, 7:48 PM

Dec 2022
Yande.re, Zerochan, and Gelbooru from the poll options listed above, but I also use Pixiv and Hitomi.la for Visual Novel CG galleries.

Gelbooru imports uploads from Danbooru, on top of having its own user uploads and fewer restrictions on uploads and tag searching (which it doesn't charge you for), so I prefer it. Sankaku technically has millions of more images than both Danbooru and Gelbooru, but also basically necessitates subscribing to get access to a substantial portion of their paywalled images. On top of that, it's chock-full of ads and intrusive blog/news articles, so it's hardly an example of user-friendly web design.
Archean-ReturnApr 7, 12:31 AM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 6, 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to WaffleMaster89
@traed Dang, is that in DeviantArt's terms and service? I guess another reason to celebrate its downfall.
@WaffleMaster89
Yeah I had heard of it being in their terms of service a few years back.
Apr 6, 9:33 PM
Dec 2022
I almost exclusively use Pixiv to find yuri artwork like an average lesbian living in Japan.
Apr 6, 9:38 PM

Apr 2024
Besides Gelbooru, I also use Pixiv, Deviant Art, and 4chan. There's also some accounts I follow on ifunny and Instagram that post fanart.
Apr 6, 11:53 PM
Jun 2020
I love Pixiv i’m surprised OP never included it. Honestly seems like a lot of content from booru sites is just taken from there or twitter anyways
Apr 6, 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to traed
@WaffleMaster89
Yeah I had heard of it being in their terms of service a few years back.
@traed they reverse that decision days after they did that, the default when uploading content there is that your images are not gonna be use for generative ai the box to do the opposite is uncheck by default i mean

im still using and uploading to deviantart but it has a lot of generative ai arts now that im fine with too
Apr 7, 12:29 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Dumb
I love Pixiv i’m surprised OP never included it. Honestly seems like a lot of content from booru sites is just taken from there or twitter anyways
@Dumb I didn't include pixiv or twitter because my question was mostly about boorus and similar imageboards. I agree, pixiv is a great art website. I use it all the time. On the other hand, the tagging system isn't super great if you're looking for details other than copyright + character, so I like using sites like danbooru for that.
Apr 7, 4:31 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Twitter, Pixiv, Zerochan, Gelbooru, Safebooru, search engines.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 7, 4:44 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to Dumb
@Dumb I was surprised as well. I thought that Pixiv was one of the most popular websites with fanarts. I'm not much into the world of fanarts, so I couldn't tell for sure, but Pixiv is among one of few websites offering fanarts that I have knowledge of.
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Nov 2017
Safebooru & Pixiv is the best option for me
Apr 7, 4:57 AM

May 2010
I use Danbooru mostly because it is the only one that I use that gives links to original posts WITHOUT demanding that I sign up
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku

Apr 7, 9:50 AM

Jul 2013
Gelbooru. What else? Nothing else.
Apr 7, 1:11 PM

Nov 2017
Twitter mainly, but Danbooru if I'm looking for something specific, even some other boorus if really it's too specific. I like zero-chan too, mainly because they have a lot of huge size pics
Apr 7, 1:13 PM

Aug 2022
https://drawfriends.booru.org/
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Apr 7, 1:33 PM

May 2014
Zerochan and Danbooru. Maybe classic google images sometimes.
Apr 7, 1:53 PM

Jun 2023
Google images the past couple/few years, or random sites. Back in the day I used photobucket and Tumblr, lol.
Apr 7, 4:58 PM
best user ever

May 2022
I significantly use the websites that go by the name of Google and the other being Zerochan.
inspirational quote inspirational quote - karioka
▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣ ▣

Apr 7, 7:21 PM

Jun 2016
Mainly Pixiv and Zerochan. I used to use Google but not anymore since there's so much AI crap that there's no way to filter out at the moment.
Apr 7, 7:25 PM

Dec 2019
mostly twitter and instagram! occasionally pinterest and pixiv and sometimes reddit?
thankfully pixiv has a no-AI option
Apr 8, 5:35 PM

Aug 2017
Pixiv, Twitter, and some Reddit subs
Some of you never watched Bakugan Battle Brawlers on TeleToon in 2008 and it shows.
Apr 8, 7:14 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to deg
@traed they reverse that decision days after they did that, the default when uploading content there is that your images are not gonna be use for generative ai the box to do the opposite is uncheck by default i mean

im still using and uploading to deviantart but it has a lot of generative ai arts now that im fine with too
@deg
They did this way before AI. What they did was use peoples art to sell on products iirc.
Apr 8, 7:30 PM

Aug 2021
pinterest at most times works for me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 10:24 PM
Mar 2024
usually 4chan and pinterest. i just download whatever cute anime girls i see

nyorabloomApr 8, 11:14 PM
mitemite...!!!!
Apr 8, 10:54 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I almost only use pixiv to save art because the file names make it pretty clear which site an image is from, the file name links back directly to the original artist/post, and it's clear how to save the image for the best quality there. I sometimes share art on the sfw 4chan boards, so it just makes it easier when people ask for sauce. Well... some folks ask anyway, but that just means they're probably new. Speaking of newbies, the pixiv filenames also let you know if someone uploaded a file that wasn't saved at the best quality, which is a newbie mistake. Some other sites tend to change up how to save at the best quality more often than I'd like, so I gave up on them for image saving long ago.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 9, 2:55 AM

Mar 2012
I usually stick to pixiv since Japanese fans draw stuff I like and my likes usually don't match with the non-Japanese fandom.
Apr 9, 8:02 AM

May 2022
Danbooru, Pixiv and the 'comics and stills' section of F95zone.
Apr 12, 11:05 AM

Jul 2013
Mostly Deviant Art. For SFW stuff. Gelbooru for nsfw stuff.

More topics from this board

» Do you have any weird or mild medical conditions?

Mualani - Today

23 by Malkshake »»
4 minutes ago

» why is the rules on the forums so oppressive

Rye_the_Guy - 23 minutes ago

3 by ScaryOwl »»
5 minutes ago

» What was your pooerest ever you have been?

HateFearHunger - 6 hours ago

7 by Zettaiken »»
20 minutes ago

Sticky: » General Advice Thread v2

Fluffygreygrass - Sep 13

11 by ScaryOwl »»
24 minutes ago

» What is Your Favfurite Cat Pose?

KittenCuddler - Sep 17

19 by MasterTasuke »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.