Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 30, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Mash's head sticking out of the ground lol

Didn't expect the beach scenes thrown in for some giggles. Things are back to normal after the big fight in these recent episodes. Not much has really changed about Mash and his classmates. Mash's talents never ceases to entertain though. He got that deadpan face while being a badass while fighting, even in this episode. What an ending lol, a punch by Mash in the most Mash way possible.
Mar 30, 7:57 AM

May 2020
The idea of a beach episode after all the atrocities everyone went through, does kind of look like a very anime-ish thing, but that actually helps lol. I mean getting some lore about Innocent zero’s sons and everything do give an idea that it ain’t over yet. Also, Wahlberg actually did look cool in that beach outfit lol. By the way, Mash’s reactions to things he isn’t accustomed to always get me lol.

He may be an anomaly, one who ain’t good at studies, or in reading what’s happening around him, but he got some good friends after all. One of them is a wife, one of them his agent, but the bottomline being, they care about Mash, and Mash cares about them. That’s what matters right now. He’ll become a divine visionary too, so that’s something to look forward to, lol.

This whole adaptation, the first cour back in spring last year, and this cour, has been one of the finest works of A1, in terms of adapting things. I mean they didn’t leave practically any chapter out, if I’m recalling right, and that tells something. Though I prefer the first cour over this for some reason, but okay, this was still the same fun. Will miss.

There are still almost 90 chapters left to adapt. I’m not sure if we’ll ever see a third season or any sort of continuation, as the manga has already ended last year, but if they do make it, they'll have no shortage of content lol.

Also, also, this opening should be more appreciated lol.
Mar 30, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
As much as Orter doesn't like Mash, he has to be an ally to him. This time is an exception.

As the news about Innocent Zero is spread to the public and the Bureau of Magic trying to contain the massive damage, Mash and Co., goes for the obligatory Summer beach episode for the finale lols (just like Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete a.k.a Gushing Over Magical Girls).

A slaughtermelon disguised as a watermelon, haha, Mash will smash it to pieces. Even Headmaster Wahlberg will not miss the beach for his injuries, but also indicates that Innocent Zero is now unbeatable, alongside the 5 brothers who are part of his body and flesh. Even if the chance of victory is near-zero, Mash is the only hope that the good side has now to counter. The only thing stopping him...is his grades of the end-of-semester exams, and given his bad results before the Final Elect Exam, one failed test and he's expelled. Luckily, this is an area that his friends are good at, though it's difficult for Mash to understand. And try as he might, Mash...makes an escape relentlessly, which Finn does still care for him enough to graduate together.

The push against patheticness, and Mash...just barely scraped by to pass his exam. But him being a Lackmagic and a Divine Visionary candidate is practically unheard of, and at first, Lemon vouches for him...but twists to her wife status, which is where Dot comes in as Mash's "agent" to make things more complicated. Eventually, Mash still has to come out and vouch for himself, which no amount of magic is enough to stop him. Wahlberg has to stop the commotion against Mash and Co. and the commoners, which only gives more credibility that Mash MUST pass the Divine Visionary Exam.

The road to becoming a Divine Visionary, it doesn't get any easier than this, and the journey will be tough going forward.

What an immense improvement of a sequel, Mashle is finally back to greatness territory.
KANLen09Mar 31, 6:05 AM
Mar 30, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Beach episode time!

Innocent Zero's departure leaves behind a conglomeration of lifeless monster corpses, coalescing into a colossal entity. Witnessing Mash's valiant struggle against this behemoth, trapped in a dire and seemingly futile scenario where magic proves impotent, the students of the school begin rallying behind him with fervent cheers. Stirred by their encouragement, Mash springs into action. Days later, amidst the town abuzz with reports of Innocent Zero's onslaught, Mash and his companions set off towards an undisclosed destination.

It's really sad to know that this is the last Bling-Bang-Born ever :(. Anyway, I always knew the best way to end a serious arc was with a beach episode! And... No girls in bikinis? Best beach episode in any anime. No cap. The most surprising plot twist was seeing the most Shounen-like character being good at studying, and his reasoning even makes sense too. Then we got the best character development when they scored 10% higher than their usual grades on the test. Then Lemon pulled an Ochaco and (tried) to give some speech... though it was more about how much she loves him... lol. Then Dot just pulled out the middle finger. Perfect. Nah, but Lemon actually did give an actual speech, and man, sure, it was the most Shounen speech ever, but still, it was moving nonetheless.

And so the journey to becoming Divine Visionaries continues for our gang.

Just some more Mashle fun, nothing too crazy but nothing too bad either. I'd be down for a third season or hell, a full adaptation now that the manga's ended.

Mar 30, 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
Mash is badass. Fun time with friends. With for Season 3
Mar 30, 9:27 AM
May 2021
Lovee this season for Mashle! Defo an improvement to s1! Hopefully we get a s3, I wanna see more Mash!! 🫡
Mar 30, 9:32 AM

May 2021
One thing I really like about this show is the ost. Always so on point.
Mar 30, 9:49 AM

Feb 2021
A beach final episode just like a certain other anime that just ended recently lol.
3:33 I think this is a pun.
麻酔 (masui lit. hemp drunk) - anaesthesia
スイカ (西瓜, suika lit. western melon) - watermelon

Mash's friends are actually so wholesome :')

8/10
This season was much better than the first one imo. The animation took a huge step up and I enjoyed the story a bit more too. And can't forget the music.
The manga ended already, so would be cool if we got a full adaptation.
Also the OP was the most listened to OP from currently airing anime the whole season (on Spotify at least), which also made the anime and manga much more popular in Japan. Really cool!
EmbientMar 30, 10:22 AM
Mar 30, 9:59 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with beach antics, studying for tests, and confronting an angry mob.

You know, if I'm being honest, my first reaction as someone watching this blind when I realized this wasn't gonna be the final season of this was extreme annoyance. In my mind there was no real reason why the story needed to continue past the Innocent Zero battle. Just have Mash beat him and save the world right now, I thought. Who'd care at that point if he wasn't the Divine Visionary? But no, we learn in this episode Innocent Zero has a fresh set of 5 new goons to take down in what will I strongly assume be the final battle next season. Bleh.

That aside this show on the whole remains what I always considered it. A mildly amusing(occasionally more than that) Harry Potter parody done manga/anime-style. I did find it humorous in my mind to compare how this episode handled the angry mob wanting the special outcast child compared to another shonen series I won't mention by name. And it was nice to see Wahlberg's powers even if Dumbledore by plot rules must lose. But yeah, 7/10 and I'll watch the final season. I just wish it had been this one.
Mar 30, 10:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Orter's just to fixated on the status quao huh. Well given the fame the school has a terrorist attack upon it would be pretty shameful. The slaughtermelon sure was pretty unique. Pefect weapons for sneak attacks. Despite the difficulty its nice that Mash's friends were able to help him pass the exams. The mob though sure was an indication of why this world of theirs need to change. Quite the high bar that Mash has set himself though. Looking forward to seeing a S3 sometime in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 10:25 AM
Sep 2015
Not having a magic is not a crime. Not annoucning season 3 is a real crime!!!!

I don't expect Dot to do well in academic aspect, that reminds me of Bakugo, they're both similar to the stereotype to do bad in academic, and they're both defying that stereotype.

This episode is interesting, we already know that Mashle has amazing physical ability, so this episode throws different problems at Mashle, like exam and social pressure. And as long as Mashle doesn't run away, he'll overcome any obstacles.

For some unknown reasons, Mash doesn't take off his shirt yet, I feel like his bare muscle view will be saved for the ultimate climax, I can't wait!

The MVP of Mashle's anime adaptation team is the composer Masaru Yokoyama, this is his best work yet.
Mar 30, 10:26 AM
Mar 2010
Slightly amusing hot garbage. 2/10
Mar 30, 10:49 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to animefan8800
And so we end with beach antics, studying for tests, and confronting an angry mob.

You know, if I'm being honest, my first reaction as someone watching this blind when I realized this wasn't gonna be the final season of this was extreme annoyance. In my mind there was no real reason why the story needed to continue past the Innocent Zero battle. Just have Mash beat him and save the world right now, I thought. Who'd care at that point if he wasn't the Divine Visionary? But no, we learn in this episode Innocent Zero has a fresh set of 5 new goons to take down in what will I strongly assume be the final battle next season. Bleh.

That aside this show on the whole remains what I always considered it. A mildly amusing(occasionally more than that) Harry Potter parody done manga/anime-style. I did find it humorous in my mind to compare how this episode handled the angry mob wanting the special outcast child compared to another shonen series I won't mention by name. And it was nice to see Wahlberg's powers even if Dumbledore by plot rules must lose. But yeah, 7/10 and I'll watch the final season. I just wish it had been this one.
@animefan8800,
What are you talking about? Mash's brothers are mentioned much earlier.
Lance's sister is still sick.
You haven't even seen Agito, Sophina, Renatus and Tsurara's personal magic yet.
Mar 30, 10:53 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to animefan8800

@animefan8800,
How can you even consider the story complete if Mash only passed the second part of the Divine Visionary selection out of three?
Mash, Lance and Dot were just Easton's candidates.
Mar 30, 10:55 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to excalibur977436
Slightly amusing hot garbage. 2/10
@excalibur977436,
Um, what? Have you even seen this anime?
Mar 30, 11:11 AM
Mar 2023
There is no doubt that Mashle is an excellent comedy and action anime. Now we have to wait for the next season.
Mar 30, 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
Reply to DarmagOxattee
@animefan8800,
How can you even consider the story complete if Mash only passed the second part of the Divine Visionary selection out of three?
Mash, Lance and Dot were just Easton's candidates.
@DarmagOxattee

Oh are the brothers the 5 goons? Eh, I'd have been fine not seeing them. I genuinely don't care about any of that. Have Lance's sister get well during the closing montage or something, I don't need to see the other people's magics. And If he beats an enemy that threatens the entire world and not even the strongest wizard could defeat, what's the point of becoming Divine Visionary? Proving it to the masses as some king of moral victory of acceptance or something? Bleh, give me a break.

Look, you obviously seem more enthusiastic about this series than I am, and you've proven to me that there were loose ends still if this HAD been the finale. I'm just saying none of them justified the need for a third season for me personally if Mash could've just beaten the big bad right then and there. But, since we're almost certainly gonna get one anyway, I'll come along for the ride. Why not? Having said that if by some chance this doesn't get a third season there's no way in hell I'm interested enough to continue it through the manga.

I responded to both your posts at once since I realized after quoting the first one that it was the same person posting twice. Which is weird, but whatever.
animefan8800Mar 30, 11:15 AM
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

May 2019
I knew that Lemon was going to declare herself Mash's wife when she confronted the crowd lol but nonetheless it was nice how his friends stood up to him. Also it was good that Mash stood his ground and showed how strong he is instead of running away like how he did with studying.

Regarding the series as a whole, this was a pretty entertaining watch with great action mixed with a bunch of gag humor. With the manga now finished I hope that this gets more seasons in the future for a full adaptation. 8/10
Mar 30, 11:50 AM

Feb 2020
Another season of Mashle finished. Looking forward to S3

Mar 30, 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
I actually thought things will end at that divine visionary exam but it seems there is more to it, he has to beat the 5 other brothers of him to get to Innocent Zero. So far I can say its a better season than s1, we had more emotional moments and the characters had a development in their relationship, its even more funnier too and had a catchy op , definitely one of my top 3 favorite anime this season.

8/10 , cant wait for a sequel.
Mar 30, 12:43 PM
Apr 2018
Lemon did a great job as Mash's wife. I'd marry someone like her any day. 🍑🥵

7/10
Mar 30, 12:57 PM
Feb 2021
The last time listening BLING-BANG- BANG-BORN :(
It still hits just as good.
Mar 30, 12:57 PM

Nov 2016
Say what you want, OPM and Harry Potter didn't have beach fun(the scene with Dobby wasn't beach fun 🥲)

This was a nice season again with one hell of an opening. I thought it was a banger, but didn't think it would go viral like this 😂

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 1:07 PM

Apr 2020
Better than S1 by a good bit.
7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 30, 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
its an easy watch. i like it
Mar 30, 1:28 PM

Apr 2021

oh how I hate this type of character, or rather way of thinking. He makes me so mad...a small show of brawn? Even if you still believe in the superiority of magicians, you saw clearly what he did in the last couple episodes. Beating Carpaccio, one with a legendary wand, who was undefeated up until this point, Magaron the favorite for the next Divine Visionary and even Innocent Zero.

This level of delusion while still being so sure of his worldview is absurd. How can I take you seriously anymore, Orter?
Mar 30, 1:49 PM

Jul 2022
This second season was better than the first in terms of action and comedy. Since I heard your addictive OP, I knew I was going to love it. It's a shame this is the last episode we'll hear it in.

I hope there is another season to see how Mash evolves now that he can become a divine visionary, and continue to see the relationship with his great friends and his future wife who help him study and defend them from the ignorant who think that magic is everything ".
Mar 30, 1:59 PM
Aug 2020
A good way to finish this season.

It was even better than the first one!!!

Give me the S3 now 😭😭😭
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 30, 2:17 PM

May 2015
Pretty average season. It lacks really shining aspects.
Mar 30, 2:18 PM

Mar 2013
The first half was appalling, but the last half was hilarious.

Lemon is still Mash's best heroine.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 30, 2:28 PM
Dec 2013
Mash hates studying like Satoko from Higurashi lol.

Good season, but this will probably be the last season of Mashle where I give it a high rating (assuming it gets a third season).
Mar 30, 2:41 PM

Jun 2023
We blinged our last born.
Mar 30, 3:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bruh what the hell? I thought there'll be more since i am pretty sure its 13. But really not expecting this as the last episode at all, since its not really feel that way honestly.

A bad cliffhanger, i really dislike the decision to cut through the important matter at this point, fuckin bummer. I need more, and this is truly not a satisfying stop to look at the end.

Well in any case, for heavenly sake, the source already finish tho. So either this gets another season to wrap up all of the stories, or just your casual source stopper as damn always. Mashle Burndead still have its mass to be mashed.

Lemonade per ten.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 30, 4:46 PM
Feb 2020
mashle is inspired by one punch man and harry potter and it does not disrespect either one

it does seem that mashle is also influenced by christianity
ive noticed some characters wearing crosses or having crosses on their clothes
and i noticed more of that in this episode when they talked about sin and blasphemy

as a christian i like this, it gives us a chance to spread the message of christianity which is that we have all sinned and are unworthy of heaven, but god loves us so he sent his only son to live a perfect life and die for us so that everyone who put faith in jesus and turned away from their sins could be forgiven and spend eternity in heaven with god

the meaning of life is to know god

this connects to the show in that the mob was attacking mash and his friends calling them sinners who were forsaken by god
but they have sinned too and dont realize it, they are self righteous
god loves all of us

when lemon put herself at risk for mashle it made me cry, it reminded me of a story i heard earlier today of a man who took the death penalty in place of his son

lemon is a hero

i cant wait for season 3
Mar 30, 5:09 PM
Jul 2017
LMAO THIS IS SO BAD I CANT BELIEVE I SAT THROUGH THIS TRASH
Mar 30, 5:09 PM
May 2022
I really thought this season would complete the story, but i guess not. I mean, the story can't end like that, right? Really hope s3 gets announced soon.
Mar 30, 5:40 PM

Apr 2016
A good set-up for the future of the series, I liked Mash getting through the metal container with just his fingers lol
hope we get a season 3 soon!
Mar 30, 6:17 PM

Apr 2022
pretty much on par with the previous season for me being 6/10. some funny moments scattered throughout with nice visuals. also 100% the opening of the season, i listened to that banger every week.
Mar 30, 6:28 PM
Oct 2023
Nice to see Mashle end on a funny note but also a serious one.Mashle was a very good experience. cant wait to see what will happen next and if Mash will become a divine visionary.
Mar 30, 7:00 PM

Jun 2023
This one is the most awaited every week. Been a fun ride~ until next time~~
Mar 30, 8:05 PM

Sep 2018
Excellent way to end the season! Easily my aoty so far for 2024. A solid 10/10 for being hilarious throughout with excellent animation and characters.
Mar 30, 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
Seems like quite a few people missed the comedy tag. This show has been such a breath of fresh air. Hopefully it gets another season since I think the anime only started after the manga finished?
Mar 30, 8:21 PM

May 2021
Glad they remembered that an academy also has studies.

Also, Innocent Zero's theme will remain a banger if nothing else.

Mar 30, 8:36 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Looks like not everyone is ready to accept Mash just yet as the public is out to get him for his condition. Gotta love just how goofily Lemon and Dot defended him at first and more seriously later by their proclamation. Also, the way they were able to make him pass those exams somehow reminded me of the montage from a Goofy movie and I say this in the most positive way I can.

All in all, this was a really fun season, more so in parts comapred to the first and with better and more prolongued fights although with some quieter and less impactful ones in other places. The huge roster of characters wasn't presented without each of them having some quirk and for how much of a serious parody this is the job is well done.

The set up is right for a third season. Will it come?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 30, 9:37 PM

Feb 2011
15cm thick! 15 cm thick!

Was kinda hoping mash would pinch the walls shut lol

Mar 30, 10:50 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, I didn't expect a beach episode in this anime haha.
UFF passed for very little, if we look at his previous grades he did an X3 or X4, example: he went from 10 to 30/40 not too bad for him haha
I can't believe they gave some limelight to Lemon, he did great but I'll stick with his Manager Dot hahaha

I hope they bring out a 2nd season
Mar 30, 11:30 PM
Mar 2021
Mar 30, 11:39 PM

Aug 2015
see ya next season!
Mar 30, 11:51 PM

Nov 2012
So much better than S1. I hope there's a S3.

Gonna miss the OP and ED.
Mar 31, 2:27 AM
Mar 2019
Next season will be tough with Innocent Zero having both space, and time magic. But, this anime is looking like an old-fashioned, dungeon crawl till he reaches the final boss.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

76 by The_Black_B3ast »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13

99 by OfficeMouse »»
Jun 3, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

134 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

154 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Jun 2, 4:30 PM

» New PV with Opening Song

Dbagas8 - Nov 11, 2023

6 by squidchianti »»
Jun 2, 1:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.