Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 13, 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
That shirt Lance is wearing gives off meme vibes. He's not even shy about it LOL

It was fun seeing Mash and the gang out there having some fun and making memories. They deserve it after all their latest battles and drama. Even Mash was in it for the fun. Lance this episode was like a walking meme.
Jan 13, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
I'm pretty sure Whalberg just saved everyone in that room from a serious ass-kicking.

Mash, summoned to the Magic Bureau for an urgent inquiry about incomplete magical concealment, finds that Divine Visionaries are gathering one after another. The Divine Visionaries are about to pass judgment, but thanks to Whalberg appearing alongside Rayne and humbly pleading with them, Mash is given a reprieve under the condition that he becomes a candidate for Divine Visionaries. While reporting the incident to Dot and others, things take an unexpected turn as they suddenly decide to go out for some fun.

After just one episode, that OP has really caught on – and with good reason. Creepy Nuts nailed it. Personally, I think it's the best OP of the season so far. The whole "Power to sway hearts" thing has already made its appearance. I can't help but wonder if the creator is intentionally throwing in all the clichés at once. Is this meant to be a parody, or is it a straightforward shounen? The society portrayed seems pretty extreme, leaning towards fascism or, more accurately, ableism. What I initially thought was a simple comedy anime took a surprisingly dark turn. And there's Mash, just being himself, casually munching on a huge cream puff. It's kind of funny how his friends steer clear of challenging him, knowing he'll take it seriously and come out on top. Lemon adds a playful touch by boldly declaring herself as Mash's future wife.

Despite the threats against Mash, there's a sense of security with Rayne stepping in to protect him.

Jan 13, 6:58 AM

May 2020
Mash still asking if Wahlberg is some big-shot or something is kind of a stupidly hilarious thing in itself. Though he did speak in favour of Mash, as what was expected, which for the time being has saved Mash from any kind of death penalty. Others pitched in their opinions as well, so yeah he’s safe for now, though on the condition that he’d have to ace the upcoming divine visionary exams.

That we will see, and hoping Mash would learn to name the main bad boss, Innocent Zero, properly, his and the group’s outdoor trip to the markets was fun. I mean with their attire being weird af, specifically for two, obviously it’d seem fun. Though hey what happened at that wand shop lol… so much for the “legendary magic wand” who no one was able to lift from the ground for the last several centuries. Mash did it in an instant.

Orter is sooo annoying, and I vividly remember he won’t change at all.. at all. By the way, Margarette voiced by the GOAT himself, Koyasu Takehito, kind of seems to be too fitting lol. But he’s there to ruin a homecoming smh. Hope Rayne actually does stop him.
Jan 13, 7:16 AM
先輩

Apr 2016
How yall even watching it yet? Not showing yet on crunchyroll
Jan 13, 8:29 AM
Oct 2020
why isn't it coming to my website??
Jan 13, 9:28 AM
May 2021
Lool Mash is funny, just built different. New guy going meet mash soon?
Jan 13, 9:40 AM
Oct 2016
Mash has his execution suspended. At least until this threat from Innocent Zero has subsided. Sending a direct message to them is a big step up from previous activities so something about Mash has the interest of Innocent Zero. Mr Walhberg has the right idea to keep Mash alive for that reason alone, on top of wanting the ideals of society to change how they treat those without magic. The Sand Cane Orter isn't happy about this but with even the judge himself wanting Mash to stay alive, at least for now, it's hard to enforce what Orter sees as the absolute rules. Mash will have to become A Divine Visionary to prove he's strong enough to keep alive to fight Innocent Zero. Mash and his friends all going into town for some fun was nice. Finn the only one dressing normal made me laugh, the other bros not thinking in their right minds about what to wear for Street clothes. Going to that wand shop where naturally Mash has to do something crazy that astonished the shop owner. Grabbing the heaviest want that opened up a flood of magic water. Mash getting to go home before the exam starts is nice, introducing all his friends to his dad was a sweet moment for the old man. Unbeknownst that Orter has sent someone to stop Mash from ever making it to that exam.
Jan 13, 9:50 AM

Feb 2021
Yeah, I don't think I will ever be skipping this OP
Mash's dad seeing his friends is so wholesome T_T
Really looking forward to Roswaal Margarette and Eren Rayne's fight. Iirc parts of it were in the trailers and they looked hella good.
Jan 13, 10:07 AM

Dec 2022
well mash got pardoned also mash had his first outing with friends he is also visiting his father
the most hilarious was when lemon said she is mashs future bride
also narrator mash being oblivious is one of his charms
Jan 13, 10:18 AM
Jan 2023
You're a villain Harry
Jan 13, 10:29 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
I love my saturday evenings again!! They do an amazing job with this adaption so far<3
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 13, 10:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The divine vis sure are quick to make their judgements. Still having both Rayne and the headmaster plea Mash's case really was unexpected. The teams casual clothes though sure were unique. The wand shop though sure was interesting. Guess here its the mage that chooses the wand and not the other way round. In the end im glad that they were able to have fun on their day out. To think that the divine's would use such nefarious means to stop Mash though. The friend intro's to Mash's father was pretty fun. Lemon as ever is thinking way to ahead. Things are defo getting more hectic now that Mash has become a target.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
I can't believe Rayne would also bow his head to plead for Mash's case, cool! The handkerchief was epic though.

Also, we finally got some wonderful bonding time with Mash's friends. It's cool but I was hoping the S1's OP or ED could roll in the background, I guess they didn't think of it.

P.S. I prefer Cid's Piano. lmao 🤣🤣🤣

Edit: I forgot about Lemon's wonderful line... 😭😭😭
CrazyButNot4UJan 13, 12:11 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 13, 11:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the best are the friends!!!
kekeke
Jan 13, 12:06 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Another week, another great episode with Mash having now to prove his worth against the rest of the Visionaries by being a candidate and defeating Innocence Zero. Gotta say, those outfit in their day out were quite something and the fact that in their visit to Mash's tutor they kept with their personality traits faffing around was quite funny to watch.

A real action packed battle is up now between Rayne and the Orca dude. Looking forward to it.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 13, 12:09 PM

May 2019
When the gang was in that wand store and the wand maker said that no one has ever been able to pick up the heavy wand off the ground I knew that Mash was going to do it, and with one hand too! Finn's brother, Rayne, seems like he's been keeping an eye on things and possibly knew that Macaron is after Mash unless he was just guarding the area without knowing who was coming but either way a fight is about to break out.

Btw comedy's been funny including Lemon being Lemon lol.
Jan 13, 12:12 PM

Jun 2023
Today's episode was fun too, excited for Rayne next week 🔥🔥
Jan 13, 12:18 PM
Oct 2017
Las partes divertidas intentan cubrir los tramos más aburridos. También es verdad que me condiciona haberme leído el manga y saber qué va a pasar.
Jan 13, 12:18 PM

Jun 2023
Lance is giving huge Kouhei vibes
Jan 13, 1:39 PM

Aug 2019
Of course, Dumbledore won’t let the minister of magic take away Harry that easily lol 

They’re going to Ollivanders!!

I’m obsessed with glasses guy lmao.

Rayne took protecting Mash seriously lol
Jan 13, 1:51 PM
May 2018
The chapter where they went out shopping was always one of my favourites, love this episode. On another note, why is Rayne so perfect?
Jan 13, 2:07 PM

Jan 2016
Man, Margaret Macaron is such a NAME..
Jan 13, 2:39 PM

Feb 2020
Margarette Macaron 🍝 with Takehito Koyasu's beautiful voice, I liked it

Jan 13, 3:11 PM
Jun 2010
animation quality is definitely dropped thus far into season 2.
in this episode first 10 minutes used a lot of still frames which i found extremely annoying.

other than that it was a fun episode.
Jan 13, 3:52 PM

May 2021
Bald dude really tried to pull a Shadow here. Too bad he ain't got enough chuuni power to replicate Cid's power.

Jan 13, 3:56 PM
Aug 2020
am i the only one who laugh easily
i really don't waitch it for the action but i don't say no to that.

fight next week...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 4:40 PM

Jul 2022
The execution of Mash by the Divine Visionaries is suspended, thanks to the intervention of Wahlberg and Rayne. I'm starting to think that Wahlberg has his favorites. Now, Mash will have to take the exam to become a Divine Visionary and face Innocent Zero.

We also have moments of fun with Mash and his group of friends. Despite Mash being less expressive, he enjoys their company. Orter is not happy that Mash escaped execution and contacts Margarette Macaron, leader of the Orca faction, to prevent Mash from becoming a Divine Visionary.

I sympathize with Finn; he is the only normal one in the group. Dot is peculiar and considers himself a rival to Mash, Lemon already sees herself as Mash's wife, the worst of all is Lance with his severe obsession with his little sister, and then there's Mash—well, he's just Mash (they are all very peculiar).

I'm excited about the possible showdown between Margarette and Rayne. A quite entertaining episode.

(I have a question: I'm not sure if it's just a comedic device, but Rayne and Finn were able to see Mash's flashbacks. Is it some ability of the brothers?)
Jan 13, 4:42 PM

May 2018
ED song I feel like I hear it before and I'm right it's from The Peggies - Weekend. It's from the same label sony music, maybe they got her permission IDK
Jan 13, 4:59 PM

Apr 2022
takehiko koyasu is a W. the opening for this has been all over my social media this whole week lol everyone loves it, it really is a banger.
Jan 13, 5:36 PM
Apr 2021
Is that Dio’s VA I hear for Macaron????! That’s such a good VA to choose for a character like that ong😭

Idk why but Lemon is so cute to me I love how she just assumes she’s mash’s wife for the time being🤣🥺
Jan 13, 6:14 PM

Dec 2022
Fun little episode, the comedy in this show is just perfect.

Jan 13, 6:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Bruh Dio voice again. Wonder how many character he needs to be involved since i am pretty sure hearing him a lot quite recently.

All in all, okay addition. Orca peeps finally showed their trump card. But to think that Rayne is the one to try to stop him first kinda giving a bad impression to the match. Since i truly considered Finn brother to be the strong dude among the strong. Well gonna need to see it first hand before judge him. So yeah, enough with the banter for Finn sanity sake, and let's get going to the next week already...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 13, 6:49 PM
Jun 2013
Reply to reignyoma
animation quality is definitely dropped thus far into season 2.
in this episode first 10 minutes used a lot of still frames which i found extremely annoying.

other than that it was a fun episode.
@reignyoma Dropped? lmao! dude need glasses xD
Jan 13, 7:10 PM
Jul 2016
Holy shit, they got DIO to play Margarette. Nice!

Each villian in Mashle gets progressively more flamboyant lmao.
Jan 13, 7:39 PM

Feb 2011
Lemon introducing herself as mash's future wife had me laughing

Jan 13, 7:53 PM
Jan 2023
The new opening makes me vibe so much🎧
Jan 13, 7:58 PM
Sep 2023
E o episódio 2 nada ainda?
Jan 13, 8:06 PM
May 2019
Another great episode! I never get tried of the humor on this, it brings me joy and makes me laugh always.
Also, watching the opening for the second time was really other experience, I'm starting to like it as much as I like the season 1 op ^-^
Jan 13, 9:35 PM
May 2023
Good episode, they represented the most normal meeting between friends hahaha and the wand that no one could lift for some reason I related it to Excalibur (King Arthur's sword) and I wonder if it would later be used for something...maybe throw it like a ball of cannon hahaha
I hope Margarette has powers related to music, just out of curiosity
PS: Epic that many people like the Opening
Jan 13, 10:23 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I love how fun this show is. It has fun moments, but it can also be serious and I enjoy that throughly. So happy that we were able to get a second season of this show 👌
Jan 14, 12:46 AM

Nov 2015
wholesome seeing him back at his fathers house. some good comedy bits as well. tbh i enjoy these chill episodes more than the action packed ones
Jan 14, 2:11 AM

Mar 2020
This divine visionaries really are stick to the rules it's so annoying... They are really stubborn they don't even give up.

Anyways

Laugh so hard with the outfits HAHAHAHA And Mash-kun is back home!
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jan 14, 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
Thank goodness Wahlberg was able to get his point across in the end. While the Sand Cane Orter predictably disagrees, the fact that Mash saved the judge, which made him change his opinion and verdict, even if that means breaking the rules himself, means that Mash is out of danger.....for now. Later on, the Sand Cane Orter had a private dinner with the amusingly named Margarette Macaron, voiced by the awesome Takehito Koyasu. Mentioning the fact that Mash won against Abel without be able to use magic led to Macron doing a random piano solo. It did have me laughing, though! XD

The majority of the episode was pretty chill, with Mash and his friends hanging out in town for a day and they also went to visit Mash's father. Lance was in sister simp mode, with him wearing an undershirt with her animated face on it and he also went to the lengths to make merchandise of her, too. Lemon also went in deep by calling Mash's father her future father-in-law and Mash's future wive. I can never get tired of her affection for Mash.

However, it does look like Macaron is on the move to gatecrash this wholesome scene, but the only thing in his way of doing so is Rayne, who is ready to take him on. Hopefully this'll be a fight that Rayne can win, although it will be a tricky one for sure, since he's outnumbered.
Jan 14, 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
The rule guy seems to lack any sense.

Is Mash just gonna bash with his new wand?
Jan 14, 5:59 AM

Jan 2017
As usual, my Mash Burnedead making my stomach hurt in endless laughter and awe 🥰💕
Also I take notice of Rayne Ames because of this episode and seeing that he's involved in the next week ep, I'm a little excited at what's gonna happen 😁
Jan 14, 6:01 AM
May 2020
I'm looking forward to seeing what's coming... I want to see Mash and the rest in action
Jan 14, 6:33 AM
Oct 2019
This OP is CERTIFIED BANGER!!

Of course it's Takehito Koyasu-san again.
That's why he is the GOAT.
Jan 14, 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
That glasses guy from Divine Visionaries (whose name I forgot) was really annoying! Like, seriously... even the way he talks and behaves is so arrogant... I'm really annoyed at all the words that come out of his mouth.

Rayne is cool as always, he can judge wisely and (whether right or not, but) he's currently on Mash's side because he knows Mash has potential. It seems that he will fight with Macaron in the next episode? I like it when he "suddenly" appears with those attacks hahaha. At this point he's like a guardian of Mash lol (not like I'm complaining, it's kinda sweet honestly).

That scene when Lance showed his shirt was really funny xD I thought Lance had good fashion until he showed his shirt!!! Omg

I didn't really like the opening at first but the more I listened to it, the more fun it sounded ;D

Jan 14, 8:39 AM

Aug 2023
funny and good episode I liked it how Wahlberg and Rayne asked the others to spare Mash and that they need him(I thought maybe Rayne would say something but I didn't thought that Wahlberg will say something and lower his hat)

The next episode will be about Rayne fighting with Macaron or the twins.
Jan 14, 9:01 AM
May 2022
Pretty fun episode with some action coming next episode. Not much to say except Macaron looks straight out of JoJo
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

99 by jiajia »»
Aug 20, 7:20 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

137 by FrozenRaider »»
Aug 15, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

84 by FrozenRaider »»
Aug 15, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

160 by SpitzFaust »»
Aug 15, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

127 by FrozenRaider »»
Jul 28, 9:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.