Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2023 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
Of course the season finale would depend on Kaoru to save the day like always. An disease like that spreading like that means nothing but trouble.

Karou definitely plays a leadership role this episode and rightfully so. Unfortunately, it seems she's the most competent character in terms of curing people with her skills. This anime's finale was carried by her again.
Dec 23, 2023 9:28 AM

Dec 2021
The plague is the final boss for Karou, eh?

An epidemic has erupted in the royal capital. The disease has rapidly spread, filling the streets with the sick and the deceased. The outbreak originated from the village of Goa to the east of the capital, but no effective measures have been taken, forcing the military to impose a blockade on the royal capital. Unable to overlook the increasing number of casualties, Kaoru has decided to resume her activities as the Light of the Goddess. Gathering orphans, she plans to distribute a cure for the epidemic in the central square and spread the word throughout the city.

Karou is dead serious about this operation—probably the most intense I've seen her in the entire show. But I get it, it's all for the sake of the town, so she's got to care, right? Lmao, the goddess means business. Just one disobedience, and she already shut down that guy's cart. A medicine that tastes good and actually works? Yeah, right. I guess Karou really is like a goddess. By the way, it's been ages since we've seen the actual goddess. Lmao, and there's Fran, giving the goddess a piece of her mind.

But for now, it looks like Karou has chosen to navigate life by surviving using potions.

Trust me when I say there are way better potion anime out there, not just this season, but in general, that you could be watching instead of this one...

Dec 23, 2023 10:50 AM

Mar 2021
Kaoru was able to save the day thanks to her Potions once again. This was a decent enough series and it will be interesting to see if it gets a second season
Dec 23, 2023 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
The epidemic in Jusral is quite bad, though Kaoru has to do more to keep the situation under control. But enough running, the Goddess's Angel will move out and proclaim that they're going to fight against the virus. They need all the help they can get as Kaoru leads being a frontliner to as much people as possible, friends and enemies are one and equal.

Travelling to the village of Goa, believed to be the place where the source of the epidemic comes from, lives are quickly restored...as much as the warped space shocks Kaoru and the rest of its size, thereby summoning Celestine to dispel the distortion...that if they were within her range, they would be blasted out of proportion. It's easy to get Celestine to do the work for her. That said, their epidemic issues have all been resolved, and Kaoru wants a life outside of being an angel, while still making potions.

Thank God that this is the FINAL of FUNA's anime adaptations, with this show being the worst of the trio.
Dec 23, 2023 12:31 PM

Feb 2017
The characters all thanking the viewers for watching at the end made me physically gag, who signed off on that cringe
Dec 23, 2023 12:31 PM

Apr 2022
just put a ton of very potent all-healing potion into a gigantic aerosol bottle and keep spraying it around in secret. There are so many ways to abuse that ridiculous power of hers and she does max 1 ridiculous thing per episode, it's nonsensical in its nonsensicality... If that makes sense.
Dec 23, 2023 12:55 PM

Dec 2016
Of all 3 Funa heroines, Kaoru might be the one I like the most, though it's not a high bar given how the other 2 were.

I kinda miss the point of this finale that serves just a justification for Kaoru to keep on traveling, despite her settling down was probably for the best for her and all her companions.

I loved a lot the western culture references, such as Mr Ed, Lone Ranger, and even Ubber Eats. Reyette was also a pleasing ball of sunshine for the later half of the series.

Overall, it was mildy fun most of the times with yet another gentle Jebus saving people. And then there's the tonal whiplash with Fran turning into a blood seeking Valkerie, all the bloodshed by Kaoru's warfare or Belle's sacrifice that was retconned. Also wished the studio had better production values, specially in the art department (some of the color choices and low details in backgrounds and background characters irked me to some level).

This one gets a 5.5/10 in my books.
Dec 23, 2023 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
That was fun, I enjoyed it a bit more than Roukin and Kaoru was an interesting protagonist.
Dec 23, 2023 2:31 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to benren
The characters all thanking the viewers for watching at the end made me physically gag, who signed off on that cringe
@benren

It's kinda cute and nothing wrong with the staff appreciating their audience. Detective Conan for instance does it every year. Even if you think the execution was a bit clumsy, it's the thought that counts.

Not a memorable or impactful show by any means, but it was enjoyable. Definitely liked it more than most other isekai with OP protagonist.

6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 23, 2023 3:26 PM
Jul 2021
Good bye Kaoru, don't you come back you ear me?!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Dec 23, 2023 3:37 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with Kaoru wiping out the epidemic and moving on to new lands and new adventures with her comrades.

I gotta admit, Francette lecturing Celestine was pretty funny. Francette was probably my second favorite character in this, waaaaaay behind my number one though: Silver! The talking horse was fucking amazing and easily the highlight of this series. He deserved a spinoff. Anywho, this series was just okay. The animation and character designs were passable, but the pastel coloring made everything look cheap. It works for some shows but not really this one. Perhaps most fatally though I really found myself actively disliking Kaoru, our mc, for much of this show's duration. She wasn't bad in this finale ironically enough, but too often her actions and tone rubbed me the wrong way. I dunno, maybe it was just too big of an ideological clash or something, but I just found her too abrasive. It's been awhile since the lead of a series has been my least favorite aspect of said series, but that was definitely the case with this one. Still, I feel kinda bad about it and don't wanna be too harsh so I guess a 6/10. I'll never watch more of this if it comes though, which is fine.
Dec 23, 2023 5:00 PM
May 2016
Truly was cringe to the very end, though it was somewhat enjoyable cringe 7/10.
Dec 23, 2023 5:32 PM
Oct 2014
FMmatron said:
@benren

It's kinda cute and nothing wrong with the staff appreciating their audience. Detective Conan for instance does it every year. Even if you think the execution was a bit clumsy, it's the thought that counts.

Not a memorable or impactful show by any means, but it was enjoyable. Definitely liked it more than most other isekai with OP protagonist.

6/10

right I really thought it was adorable I see it front time to time and always think it's cute hell early this year handy man saitou had a whole frigging dance number at the end , yeah it east a Thank you but it was still cute asf idk why people call thank yous by the VAs cringy I'll never understand 🤦🏻‍♀️
Dec 23, 2023 5:34 PM
Oct 2014
I really liked this anime and i was really hopeful that were gonna get a 2nd season even more now with that post credit message. This anime was a fun watch and I hope to see a s2 announcement in the future
Dec 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Mar 2019
Clearly not the best anime... but being entertaining the entire 12eps... is something to thank. Good Anime.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 23, 2023 7:43 PM
Apr 2023
Yet another FUNA anime finished. Like the "Saving 80000 Gold For My Retirement", I'll be sure to pick the manga adaptation of this as well. The manga adaptation is quite short compared to 80000 Gold (which now has 150 chapters) but I think this one's manga has a continuation after being supposedly axed. Anyway, this was another fun FUNA story. I really hope Mitsuha and Kaoru will get to meet in a crossover special - especially since Mitsuha can travel to different universes and Kaoru can basically do ANYTHING with her potions.
Dec 23, 2023 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
For some reason, we always get the "forced inspiring line" from Kaoru, even from the intro of this last episode. I really like the manga but I can't like the anime because of the way they did this adaptation. Don't even start me with "they adapted this from the LN", lol.

Anyway, the way they did this was at most, decent but it always had a bad execution, even in this final episode... If we're talking about the World Building, it was rather disappointing.

Characters? it was decent only until Fran's scene where she was shot with an arrow but after that episode, it was mostly an average adventure. Note that I still like this series but not like-like, it's okay. Most of Kaoru's supporting characters besides her didn't get much attention which was one of the main points of the story.

From 8 down to 6. 😔

They really rushed this, so much, that it's rather disappointing. I prefer her other anime adaptation which was called "saving 80,000 gold for my retirement in another world or something" but this was rather, disappointing.

FUNA. No comment.
CrazyButNot4UDec 23, 2023 8:10 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 23, 2023 10:14 PM

Feb 2019
That was a nice finale episode to cap off the season. I hope there's gonna be a second season, but that might be just wishful thinking for now lol
Dec 23, 2023 10:37 PM

May 2019
Reply to LeenPhoenixRae
That was a nice finale episode to cap off the season. I hope there's gonna be a second season, but that might be just wishful thinking for now lol
@LeenPhoenixRae
Yeah I also liked the finale as it was satisfactory. Ed, the talking horse, was pretty funny and I was pleasantry surprised with that and other western culture references including the "Hi Yo Silver" phrase (ngl I thought it was Hi Ho Silver lol). Anyway I doubt there will be a sequel but stranger things have happened. 7/10
Dec 23, 2023 11:02 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@LeenPhoenixRae
Yeah I also liked the finale as it was satisfactory. Ed, the talking horse, was pretty funny and I was pleasantry surprised with that and other western culture references including the "Hi Yo Silver" phrase (ngl I thought it was Hi Ho Silver lol). Anyway I doubt there will be a sequel but stranger things have happened. 7/10
@Alfredo-Sauce I always thought it was "Hi Ho Silver, Away!" lol Guess Kaoru wants to be unique or something. And I missed seeing Ed the Horse in the previous episodes. He was pouty coz after they got to town, he was left and locked in the stables lol
Dec 24, 2023 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
what a fun anime from start to finish

Kaoru is crazy lol her 2 powers are really good tho, understanding any language, including animals, reading coded messages and ofc, making any kind of recipient and potions, damn lol
she was actually the 7th choice for my signature this season, but yeah, i can only use 6, rip

the other charas were also nice, i liked Celestine for her goodfiness, Fran for her crazy battle personality... and ofc, little Rayette was way too cute, i would go aww everytime she was on screen LOL

also lol, whenever the noble guy wanted to monopolize her stuff and then get hit by something, i couldn't stop laughing

i'll rate it an easy 8, season 2 please <3
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 25, 2023 3:30 AM
Mar 2012
Kaoru nice ideals. lol Ed venting he got forgotten.
epidemic solved rather fast, but mc was thorough tracing the source.
omg oni Fran lectures Celes.
ed wow cast probably too big, focus & pacing spread too thin. tho several main characters are quite fun. a few episodes were real weak, but the stronger arcs balance it out.
Dec 25, 2023 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
Never been a big fan of 'medicine' or potion making isekai where the person whose making them literally has no knowledge of the matter. They couldn't even be bothered to make up fantasy bullshit. Even the also mediocre drugstore isekai put more effort into potion making. There really seems to be a lot of medicine/potion making isekai that fall into this trope.

What bothered me the most were some of the objects she made were simply... stupid. While the earlier episodes were kind of enjoyable, that didn't last very long as she kind of just solved everything by creating whatever to solve the problem even if it wasn't potion/medicinal related. Even if the show was just a silly dumb show, it was more dumb than silly.
Dec 25, 2023 3:58 PM
Jul 2008
Poor Roland just getting dragged around lol.

When people mentioning FUNA I just realized that I have watched all of his works. All of them are pretty interesting but I like this one the most.
The author should be proud all their works are adapted to anime now. I hope the author make another isekai story but with male protagonist next time.

Dec 27, 2023 2:39 AM

Nov 2009
Well... that was an easy and obvious fix...

Since unlike other "pharmacist" series, Kaoru literally uses her power to solve everything. (other series had to come up with ways for regular ppls to cure things themselves and not abuse their powers, lol)

And so... we End... (and probably won't get anymore seasons, since most series that do an actual last episode scene of "FIN" or "THE END" with no setup for continuation/ cliffhangers usually just... End End) (such as some series would do a tease of next arc with villains or events if they were going to do more seasons)

Also, I just realized Celes can't detect "distortions" herself, even tho she could hear Kaoru talking about her boobs at anytime anyplace...

Gotta prioritize boobs over world events, LOL.

Since they just showed at the end, Celes was trying to avoid "doing work" to eliminate all the infected animals. But she got lured in by Kaoru talking about Earth-God, lol.

(And we already know Earth-God could detect it himself as he goes around the world to destroy the Distortions without having cults calling him, lol)
amlgDec 27, 2023 2:43 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 27, 2023 4:33 PM

Oct 2008
For someone trying to stay hidden and live a quiet life, she sure went all out being as flashy as she can when providing that cure. I imagined a more subtle approach would be to just pretend to be already familiar with this specific disease and have a cure on hand. Also, the part with Fran lecturing the real goddess was hilarious.

Overall, I really liked the adventure she went through and different events. Though the execution was a bit weak and some parts like with the orphans everywhere was a bit of a turn off.
Dec 29, 2023 8:29 AM

Oct 2022
This anime felt kinda cringey at the start between all the bad decisions and the constant running away, but it picked itself up after a while and became enjoyable enough all the way to the end, so it was worth sticking around for it.

Dec 30, 2023 8:43 PM
Jun 2012
Happy ends. Unfortunately no husbando for the Christmas-cako.
Jan 1, 7:22 PM

Feb 2009
Enjoyable enough to watch, but the writing is all over the place, even more so than Roukin, and obviously Noukin. It's definitely a different kind of unrealistic than Roukin, but somehow they managed to make it even less grounded....
Jan 5, 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
Kaoru is master at manipulating the goddess lol
Jan 7, 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
i don't even know why did i watch this... 4/10
Roxy

Jan 14, 1:58 PM

Jun 2019
My 255th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 5/10 rating.
Jan 15, 10:20 AM
Jan 2023
A good final episode, Kaoru took care of the epidemic, and ran away yet again.

Celestine also made an appearance, but to actually do any work, Kaoru had to force her.

While this show has its issues, it was still enjoyable to watch, and the animation was reasonably good for a chill anime like this one. I'm giving this show a 5/10, the writing was just all over the place and the pacing was a bit weird, this show had potential, but I feel it was kinda wasted. The characters in this definitely carried it for sure.
Jan 15, 8:15 PM

Jan 2011
Finally, this show sucked ass.
Jan 20, 8:04 PM

May 2015
This show taught me that I really love the niche of reincarnating with powers in a normal medieval world. Her releasing that plague healing potion and then exploding the carriage of the noble who tried to cut in line was funny. I enjoyed this series and watching Kaoru exploit her powers to use them from potion making to basically creation magic by making the container have other properties as well. Great Job FUNA. You did it again.
Feb 5, 6:34 AM

Apr 2011
Gotta love how Kaoru used Celes and after destroying the distortion Fran scolds the Goddess like its nothing which was funny.

The show is alright. It's a chill show, Like that she can create kind of potions, but it's not that entertaining for me. It felt dull at times and the writing is all over the place.
Mar 26, 6:27 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Man, after the hot streak of what I thought was good episodes comes another more serious situation for the finale, but at least this time it’s kinda fitting for the show about “surviving with potions.” This time Kaoru is curing the plague and shooting anyone on site who doesn’t take her potions, I guess that’s one way to make sure people get it lol. And once that was done she goes to the village that was first infected and saved them, and then immediately after they find the source which was a distortion, the same thing that got Kaoru sliced in half at the start of the show lol. So Celes once again graces us with her presence and deals with the issue, not with much warning tho as everyone had to run away, Francette calling out Celes after that was funny.

And once again Kaoru is off on another journey to live a normal life as she can’t stop outing herself as an angel, it’s a shame too because I liked her drugstore arc and the folks she met were cool, like Colonel Vonsas who seemed like a villain at first but was actually a bro. But it is what it is, show’s over now anyway lol, and I will say I did like that the characters actually say goodbye to you at the end, not a lot of shows do that and it made me happy and sad at the same time.

Now that I’m here at the end I definitely have some things to say about this one lol, the first big thing I want to mention is that I did not really like the war arc, that plot just really didn’t fit in with what the show is about imo, however pretty much everything before and after that I did like, it felt like what I signed up for, so I guess one bad arc isn’t so bad. Another big thing I didn’t really like was how Kaoru was able to just make anything with her potion ability, I checked this show out because I wanted to see Kaoru survive using POTIONS, not “potions” lol, it was decent comedy here and there but it got old kinda fast, also I feel like more interesting situations could have come from her power being restricted to just potions. All that being said, I did find myself enjoying this show overall, it was a fun time with cute characters and Kaoru being her scheming self, it’s interesting too that this was actually an earlier work by FUNA but is the latest of their adaptations into anime, so perhaps I hopped on at the right place lol. Really liked the OP and ED for this one too, I think that ED might be stuck in my head for a while lol, it was very cute too.

I would welcome another season of this one, I heard some interesting things that happen later that would be cool to see but I doubt this will get more. And I don’t know when I’ll be checking out another show adapting a FUNA work but I will check the others out some day for sure. And lastly it was nice returning to Fall 2023 once again, I’m sure it won’t be the last time either.
May 8, 5:05 AM

Nov 2019
Kaori investigates what the purple portal looking thing from the end of the previous episode is.

This episode felt like COVID in a nutshell... Epidemic from the East? A little too obvious but a decent episode to finish the series nothing too intense. Funny how Celes is so gullible that Kaori exploits it so much
Jun 12, 2:22 PM

Dec 2008
Nerdy chick born into an F or even lower G class isekai; no monsters, no magic practically, no classes or real adventure... BUT I did like how she helped orphans and people at times, but the greed, and scheming, and sometimes the MC's lack of common sense or awareness put me off. She coulda used her potions to prevent tons of illness from the get go so many times. Other aspects put me off too at times, but overall the show was at times nice and quaint...5.5/10 :P
Jun 23, 5:25 AM

Jan 2014
honestly, the show started to getting good from episode 8 to 11, but then the mc had to ruin again by playing God in episode 12.

there's so many way to help solve the epidemic, but the mc had to ruin as to reveal her identity once again.
she could just do the same thing as a chemist without doing flashy thing like that.
I guess she has star syndrome.

Fran is the only reason I stayed until the end.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2023

33 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2023

37 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2023

26 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

35 by Abyhape »»
Jun 22, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Potion-danomi de Ikinobimasu! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2023

43 by Abyhape »»
Jun 21, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.