Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Girlfriend, Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2023 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I actually like this season's OP song. It gave every character some spotlight and overall a catchy tone.

They didn't waste much jumping right back to where it left off. In a nutshell, Shino is the most outspoken about Naoya. The other girls are still competiting in a harem war which is the main part of the show. A very funny start and every main cast got some segments. Shino also made a big presence compared to the previous season already. Props to the VA for protraying her character. The others didn't change much compared to the previous season. Mirika's sister Rika made an appearance though.

May 2020
Finally the most honest harem protag is back, and must say we might not have gotten much of Shino back in the first season, but this time around, there’d be plenty.

I mean without wasting any shred of time, we jumped straight into the main thing, and that being… doing the minimal enough with studies right now, so they wouldn't get held up over the break and in turn failing to make special memories over the vacation. Nagisa being the dumb cute girlfriend, needed the most help out of anyone lol. And that’s when Saki called Shino in.

Liked it when she asked if these three are already doing it, I mean that’s a logical question. But to Naoya’s honest advances, she just gave up… she loves him after all:) They all passed together, and that in itself means… they’d go on the trip, but with Shino tagging them along too. Didn’t really care much for Mirika stuff, but she would come too ig, so let her be.

Also in what world, you kidnap someone right from the classroom and nobody even notices??? Lol. Also, good to see them confirming indirectly, Mirika’s lil sis is far brighter than Mirika herself. Loved Naoya logic too.

This still looks more or less similar to the first season, visually. So, there’s that, and now the trip is something to look forward to. Fine return.

Jul 2017
Mangaka Hiroyuki's Kanojo mo Kanojo just wrapped up this year, and Season 2 is only a blimp in the way of its adaptation. But welp, this show has competition from the 100 Girlfriends anime (which will air this weekend), which the sequel is going to be overshadowed.

Hikari Kodama's OP is a good follow-up to Season 1's OP, and I was not expecting ClariS's ED here, which is a surprise.

SynergySP takes over Tezuka Productions for the production, and it looks the same as how I remembered it back in Summer 2021.

Continuing where Season 1 left off, the love quadrant of Naoya, Saki, Nagisa, Mirika and Shino, it's as frantic as ever, just as Summer break has arrived. However, Naoya, Saki and Nagisa must pass their exams before they can really enjoy the break, but how to teach the fallible Nagisa when Saki has ulterior motives lols. True to her feelings, Nagisa wants to work hard, but they're out of options, and that's where Shino comes in, only to learn that the trio are also staying together...to her chagrin even more. Naoya is such a blunthead that Shino literally fell in love with the innocent harem king, secretly, even more.

So then, Shino gruels Nagisa, even though she hates her for two-timing on Saki and Naoya. Naoya's figure of speech sure threw Shino out of whack, though Nagisa is saved out of exam hell. With the exams out of the way, Shino's request to stay together with the trio in an effort to stop the two-timing, and Naoya took her words literally to allow her full access to his lodging house. Worse still, Mirika overheard the entire commotion, and declares a childish war for Naoya to allow her to stay in the commune house. Mirika has literally gone nuts to even change in front of Naoya, and she's unhinged lols, so it's a call to her younger sister to save her out of this trouble, it's because of Mirika's antics that she drugged him to her place to see her lil' sis Risa, just for the make-believe marriage experience. And boy oh boy, Naoya sure got hooked into the family experience from seeing Risa as his lil' sis, it's pure dumbness, but at least Naoya has complete sense for his requirements to retort at Mirika.

Mirika is damn unhinged to even rent the apartment next to Naoya's, but Shino is overly worried as a turbulent Summer break starts.

Let the polyamorous shenanigans continue!
KANLen09Oct 13, 2023 3:31 AM
Oct 6, 2023 11:30 AM
May 2021
oh how i missed this peak harem
Oct 6, 2023 11:34 AM

Sep 2016
the comedy trio is back and im all for it, and it seems like this time its going to be even more chaotic with rika and shino around ohoho
Oct 6, 2023 11:43 AM

Feb 2022
Best girl Shino is back, with a lot more screen time as well - ohhh that ep2 preview
Oct 6, 2023 11:47 AM
Aug 2022
Peak craziness is back and even crazier and sillier than before.
Oct 6, 2023 12:09 PM
Jul 2023
KANLen09 said:
Mangaka Hiroyuki's Kanojo mo Kanojo just wrapped up this year, and Season 2 is only a blimp in the way of its adaptation. But welp, this show has competition from the 100 Girlfriends anime (which will air this weekend), which the sequel is going to be overshadowed.

Hikari Kodama's OP is a good follow-up to Season 1's OP, and I was not expecting ClariS's ED here, which is a surprise.

SynergySP takes over Tezuka Productions for the production, and it looks the same as how I remembered it back in Summer 2021.

The love quadrant of Naoya, Saki, Nagisa, Mirika and Shino, it's as frantic as ever, just as Summer break has arrived. Naoya, Saki and Nagisa must pass their tests before they can really enjoy the break, but how to teach the clumsy girl when Saki has ulterior motives lols. True to her feelings, Nagisa wants to work hard, but they're out of options, and that's where Shino comes in, only to learn that the trio are also staying together to her chagrin even more. Naoys is such a blunthead that Shino literally fell in love with the innocent Naoya.

So then, Shino gruels Nagisa, even though she hates her for two-timing on Saki and Naoya. Naoys's figure of speech sure threw Shino out of whack, though Nagisa is saved out of test hell. Shino's request to stay together with the trio in an effort to stop the two-timing, and Naoya just took her words literally to allow her full access to his lodging house. Worse still, Mirika overheard the entire commotion, and declare a child's war to also allow her to stay in the commune house. Mirika has gone nuts to even change in front of Naoya, and she's unhinged lols, so a call to her younger siste to save her out of this trouble, it's because of Mirika's antics that she drugged him to her place to see her lil' sis Risa, just for the make-believe marriage experience. And boy oh boy, Naoya sure got hooked into the family experience from seeing Risa as his lil' sis, what dumbness, but at least he has sense for his date requirements.

Mirika is damn unhinged to even rent the apartment net to Naoya's, but Shino is overly worried as a turbulent Summer break starts.
Let the shenanigans roll!

i ahve a feeling he could have used chatgbt
Oct 6, 2023 12:16 PM

Mar 2021
Hilarious opening episode to start season 2 I almost forgot how goofy this show is and can't wait to see more
Oct 6, 2023 12:36 PM

Dec 2021
Season 2 promises even more entertaining and lighthearted antics, with Naoya juggling two, three, and possibly even four relationships, now including Shino in the mix. Season 2 would have been a disservice to the incredible talents of the lovely Takahashi Rie.

We're introduced to Mirika's sister Risa, voiced by Koga Aoi, bringing a smug twist to her endearing Smol Kaguya voice.

Claris's songs have a distinct and familiar sound, and I'm delighted they're handling the ED for this season.

Oct 6, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2019
Peak harem is back oh my goodness this season is so full of new and returning hits and Friday is the best day of all. So happy to have this loveable group of idiots back

Best girl shino is going to get a lot of focus this season and I can’t wait to see everything play out. First episode was a good reintroduction to the crazy dynamic Nagisa, Saki and Naoya have. Seeing the three of them struggle to just barely make it by in the exam was funny as hell. Shino would definitely be a great addition to the group because the three of them together share ONE braincell man 💀

Mirika! Oh how I’ve missed you. She hasn’t changed a bit. Still obsessing over Naoya. Too bad buddy doesn’t give her the time of day 🤦🏽‍♂️ gorgeous famous e girl and you don’t even look her way smh.

Damn she’s getting really desperate to pimp out her own little sister to get Naoya to date her lmao. Even that failed in the end. So what’s next? Well if she can’t live with Naoya, just rent a house next door! 😂 she’s gonna have to start an onlyfans on the side to pay for that by herself.

Hilarious episode. So stupid and over the top, but that’s what we love about this series. A really fun turn your brain off type of story. Glad it’s back.

Claris ED too!
Marinate1016Oct 6, 2023 12:49 PM
Oct 6, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2019
@lionleo123 pretty sure he does. It’s never natural.
Oct 6, 2023 12:48 PM

Jan 2018
Finally, peak is back.

I feel like this anime received too much undeserved hatred back when it first aired. Probably because it came out around the same time as Rent a Dogshit IIRC.

Sure, it's a cringe anime. But it's the type of cringe that makes me wonder what's gonna happen next. And sure enough, the first episode of Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 did just that once again.

Love that Shino is now living together with Naoya. With Mirika renting an apartment just beside them. Hope she won't go broke paying for rent. Her imouto is cute too.
Oct 6, 2023 12:57 PM

Oct 2016
im going to suffer so much this season... after finishing the manga, Mirika gets the short end of the stick so much, it hurts

but that's also why she's best girl
Oct 6, 2023 12:59 PM
Aug 2020
I LOVE THE MANGA, and the adaptation and sogns are walways top tier, loyal to the source, because the surce actually bangs
Oct 6, 2023 1:06 PM
Jan 2014
Reply to Mikarin_Enjoyer
im going to suffer so much this season... after finishing the manga, Mirika gets the short end of the stick so much, it hurts

but that's also why she's best girl
@Mikarin_Enjoyer oof, does she never officially become part of the harem? I was just wondering about that, as much as I like the show her getting bullied constantly is like my least favorite part of iit even though it's funny sometimes.
Oct 6, 2023 1:08 PM

Mar 2020
As time has gone by since S1, I find myself in way more positive spirits about this one, as dumb as it is. I always say that if you're gonna be dumb, make it as unhinged and absolutely bonkers as possible. I really forgot how much this show made me laugh, and some of those Ririka moments were awesome.

OP was great too!
Oct 6, 2023 1:09 PM
Oct 2021
Saki Saki Hard carrying the show ngl, from season 1
Oct 6, 2023 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
Shino's a total pushover but she's so cute and sweet. Mirika still dumb but her little sister is so adorable. OP/ED were both nice. Gonna be more dumb fun with this anime.
Oct 6, 2023 1:12 PM
Jun 2020
I'm feeling like much stuff was/will be skipped.
Oct 6, 2023 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Perfect start of the 2nd season. I don't remember when was the last time when I was laughing this much.

OP and ED songs are good, but I like these from 1st season way more.
rsc-plOct 6, 2023 1:41 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 6, 2023 1:42 PM
Dec 2022
I would never have guess Shino had feelings for Naoya even if she showed signs in the last episode of season 1, but since she does it seemed like the noble thing to back off so her best friend could date him🤔. As always this anime has made me laugh so hard, from the unique explanation of the three's relationship and Naoya holding off on the three****, to ofc the interactions with Mirika! I didn't know she had a sister and I can't believe Mirika is so desperate to be with Naoya that she'd lock everyone out of there house unless she can live with them, drug Naoya and bringing him to her house to get a little sister, and renting the apartment next door. I'm amazed on what she can do, and I hope I'll laugh at this more lol
Oct 6, 2023 2:16 PM

Oct 2016
Reply to FirionHope
@Mikarin_Enjoyer oof, does she never officially become part of the harem? I was just wondering about that, as much as I like the show her getting bullied constantly is like my least favorite part of iit even though it's funny sometimes.
@FirionHope its kinda heavy spoiler, and a complete adaptation would probably need a third season, so its still worth it in my opinion
Oct 6, 2023 2:21 PM

Jan 2021
And they are back

nice

Oct 6, 2023 3:13 PM
Jan 2022
I'm glad they are back but when will the dub release
Oct 6, 2023 4:10 PM
Aug 2022
Still to this day I will never understand how this got a season 2 but I’m not complaining.

This is some of the funniest stuff I’ve watched. It’s so dumb I love it it’s a one of a kind anime.
Oct 6, 2023 4:12 PM
Nov 2019
I know I was gonna love this when the episode started off with the conspiracy chart.
Oct 6, 2023 4:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another one of my most highly anticipated sequels is here, the first season was one of my favorites shows of Summer 2021 so I’m so glad to have this back, and it looks like the comedy still hits perfectly 2 years later. This time the plot is focused around summer break and Shino living with Naoya and his two girlfriends which I absolutely wasn’t expecting, but damn I’m looking forward to the shenanigans that will ensue lol, I can’t even imagine how wild it’s gonna be. It was nice of Shino to help Nagisa with her studies too, it would be bad if the super awesome Season 2 was missing one of the girlfriends in “Girlfriend Girlfriend” lol.

And Milika’s bit was hilarious too, this girl goes really far when it comes to Naoya lol, and I was wondering who the mini Milika in the OP was, turns out it’s her little sister Risa who had a great introduction in that flashback. And after Milika put up a fight to try and live with Naoya as well, she’s now living next to them with the power of money lol, fair is fair I guess, I’m sure some great moments will come from this as well.

And both the OP and ED slap as well, as great as they were in Season 1 I do think these hold a candle for sure. Those ED visuals were especially nice as well, I liked the scene of the girls dressed up as what I think are hippies, looked like they were about to head to Dead show lol. Absolutely can’t wait for more of this season, if it’s anything like the first one we’re in for a treat if you are an enjoyer of this like I am.
Oct 6, 2023 4:35 PM

Jun 2017
Forgot this airs this season lol, I am looking forward to Shino's scenes a lot.
Oct 6, 2023 5:07 PM
Aug 2020
they are back with the same energy

i can enjoy like i used to with the S1.

i can't laugh without thinking to something else
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 6, 2023 5:31 PM
May 2019
Reply to Anime-Otaku123
I would never have guess Shino had feelings for Naoya even if she showed signs in the last episode of season 1, but since she does it seemed like the noble thing to back off so her best friend could date him🤔. As always this anime has made me laugh so hard, from the unique explanation of the three's relationship and Naoya holding off on the three****, to ofc the interactions with Mirika! I didn't know she had a sister and I can't believe Mirika is so desperate to be with Naoya that she'd lock everyone out of there house unless she can live with them, drug Naoya and bringing him to her house to get a little sister, and renting the apartment next door. I'm amazed on what she can do, and I hope I'll laugh at this more lol
@Anime-Otaku123

Oh boy, Shino. That girl
Oct 6, 2023 5:37 PM
Nov 2019
It's just the same, like first season
Oct 6, 2023 5:56 PM
Jan 2022
It is a very special day, since I can finally see my girls again: "3.... #TeamMirika
Oct 6, 2023 6:16 PM
Mar 2021
I hate this series. Definitely the masterpiece of the century
Oct 6, 2023 6:41 PM
Aug 2022
Wow this anime came back with same energy
Oct 6, 2023 6:47 PM
Dec 2022
Reply to sabishiihito
@Anime-Otaku123

Oh boy, Shino. That girl
@sabishiihito Oh wow seriously?? If she's a secret pervert, then I'm very interested in her story haha
Oct 6, 2023 7:08 PM

Apr 2022
didn't like the first season but then read the manga but still forgot most of these events, so this was surprisingly funny. still not good though.
Oct 6, 2023 7:29 PM
Apr 2023
tsundere logic: i need to live with you so i can stop you two timing
Oct 6, 2023 7:59 PM

Jul 2019
The first episode was not too bad. I genuinely enjoyed it way more than I should, I feel. Idk, for some reason the first episode of the second season left a better impression than the entire first season combined. Hopefully this, JJK, and Frienen will carry the rest of the season for me cause other shows are just not doing it.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Oct 6, 2023 9:09 PM

Sep 2018
Someone call the keisatsu on this stalker!

Awaiting more Shino moments and the inevtiable summer festival.
Oct 6, 2023 9:40 PM
Nov 2019
rika gendeng wkwkwk
My Candies :
Oct 6, 2023 11:45 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I"LL DELETE THIS PHOTO, THERE I DELETED IT

HOW WILL YOU HAVE LEVERAGE IF YOU DELETE IT FIRST

YOU'RE RIGHT

peak this, peak that, who tf cares, peak TRASH is BACK

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 6, 2023 11:47 PM

Oct 2020
As a reader of the manga: beautifully realized and great framing moments are brought to the screen. The VAs are on fine form with the campiness.
Oct 7, 2023 12:12 AM

Jun 2021
Oh well, it's back. Didn't really like the first season. And this episode doesn't feel any different. It's funny though, so I'll keep watching it. I don't care about the romance in this show, the comedy will do it for me.
Oct 7, 2023 12:25 AM

Jul 2015
Now I can't unsee it.

Oct 7, 2023 12:46 AM
Aug 2020
I waiting this anime hahahaha
Oct 7, 2023 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
Welcome to the harem Shino
Oct 7, 2023 2:06 AM
Oct 2019
Didn't miss a single beat since S1, just as funny and outrageous. I think I prefer animation and art in this season personally, very promising.
Oct 7, 2023 2:16 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
2 years ago and it feels like it is the same as always haha. Lets go, peak is back.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Oct 7, 2023 3:15 AM
Mar 2021
Rikas youtube money ain't no joke🫨
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Horn_dawg_2019 - Oct 8, 2023

36 by Gator »»
May 16, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Do you expect a Season 3?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 3

18 by Gator »»
May 16, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2023

76 by Gator »»
May 16, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2023

41 by Gator »»
May 16, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kanojo mo Kanojo Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

66 by Gator »»
May 15, 10:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.