Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
ttcchen said:
this country can go to shit for all i care. everyone in it are total selfish assholes who lost their humanity a long time ago. Fighting a blind person when you got three eyes and you still think you're not doing anything wrong?? Robbing him of everything and then calling him a monster for trying to take it back!?? I'm so glad they died and I can't wait for Tahomaru to die a miserable death and for this country to rot in hell. I've never hated an anime character so much since that hypocrite Suzaku from Code Geass.

I wouldn't call Hyakkimaru a mass murderer. All he did in the beginning was kill demons. It's Daigo and Tahomaru and their soldiers who attacked him first. So he fought back, and what if he killed them in return? It's only in self-defense. And when they become demons themselves, would it really be a sin for Hyakkimaru to kill them? Would you really call a human with three eyes, two of them were given to him by the demon, robbed from another human, a human?? To me, Hyakkimaru has more humanity than Tahomaru would ever have. No matter what Hyakkimaru turns into in the end, be it a human or a demon, I'll still be on his side. There's nothing wrong with taking back what you owned that were robbed from you. If anything, it's those robbers who justified their actions by using their country as an excuse who are in the wrong.

You lack some profound understanding of this "humans and demons" narrative, but well can't catch them all this era.

Tahoomaru will be the only one surviving from him family, and his land will start prosper little by little thanks to Dororo's father treasures. Just a hint.

Hyakkimaru did not start as a villain, and he is still is not one. In fact, there is, like, zero villains here. ZERO. Which is why the series and many of Osamu's works are called "Grey morality". There is, however, an extermely transparent concept of "crime and punishment". You sin, you kinda perish, through different mechanisms and causality. At this point about everyone sinned. Except Tahoomaru maybe, as he is only trying to slay his brother. But that bit is open up to a lengthy debate.

So Hyakkimaru kept on trying to get his limbs back by slaying foul demons. Actual evil, which, as per trope, was brought in by the humans, but humans themselves were not evil. Okay, he is not doing a bad thing. But suddenly humans also start getting involved with the demons, and Hyakkimaru is forced to slay humans as well. Regardless of their moral spectrum, his crusade after his body was always going to end like this. Bad people get cut by him, others meet their demise in the process of chasing him.

At this point Hyakkimaru had been called out on being selfish and blinded by his "greed" several times now. By different characters, even the blind Monk who is as close to being a manifestation of virtue in this series as it can be. But he does not care anymore, he shouts and shakes off Dororo, his only "light in the dark" and new family. As was logically stated, Hyakkimaru has enough body parts to keep on living more or less content (considering a third of the population is either malnourished or invalid, he is kinda well-off), but he does not listen to no reason, he selfishly follows what he wants. Not what is right, though there is no right here, as I will allude in the closing remark. Either way he is causing way more friction and suffering than he would do if he stopped chasing his past. Lives are being ruined because he wants to take the body back. Lives of people who initially had nothing to do with the whole deal with the devil thing, but are now a part of the broader tragedy. Whatever virtue Hyakkimaru had in the beginning, is gone at this point. He became what he fought against - a troubled, angered man trying to further his justified goals during cruel, harsh times. The same as Daigo was in the episode 1, the same as Tahoomaru is now.

So everyone from his blighted family is going up or down the circles, except for Tahoomaru, because someone has to lead the people into a new, balanced age. Balanced, because as demons cemented the deal, the forces of good also entered the play (no one says Buddha). The protection Hyakkimaru received, the steed infused with divine vengeance (a subtle hint how it surprisingly withers in a fight against demon-possesed hands) - everything is there to help Hyakkimaru balance the scales. Which means nullify the contract. He is not supposed to survive the ordeal, as he is now merely an instrument of powers beyond him. But he may (and definitely will) take pride that, before he perished, he made something good and left the world to others in a slightly better state than it was. As the world is rid of devil deals, and about everyone who was directly or not responsible for it, the people will begin anew, this time enduring the hardships and working to their heart's extent to restore their country. Without relying on questionable deals. AND they will have a major boost up in a form of Dororo's gold. The series begins at zero, goes up to 99,(99), and then goes right back at zero, from which everything begins anew, as if the whole Dororo never happened.

So if you are saying you will still blindly, wholeheartedly support him, regardless what the series creators are telling you, you have a right to do so. You have chosen the poor right though so prepare some antidepressants and a notebook to write down the message of this series. So that the next time you will avoid succumbing to some sorta impulses, and will choose whom to support wisely.

Perhaps your intentions of a reply of wise words to me is good, but I do not appreciate it. I did not ask for a lecture; I understand what the author is trying to say, and I know what the moral approach Hyakkimaru should have taken is. But, my heart has swayed for him and his story. He is the one who is wronged first. He did nothing to deserve the torture he had endured all his life. And when he is trying to take back what is rightfully his, people call him a monster, a demon for doing so. And those hypocrites who took his body parts dared to call themselves the human and him the monster. You said he should have stopped and let them have his eyes and arms. But even if he did so, they would not stop their assault. His eyes and arms aren't enough to satisfy the demons and the only for Daigo's land to flourish again is if they rob Hyakkimaru of everything he had taken back. In other word, Hyakkimaru has to die for his people to not suffer again.

So what you said would not work. Hyakkimaru won't be able to live a content life because of his family who are after his life. It's because of this that I whole-heartedly support Hyakkimaru. He is the victim through out the story and no he's not playing victim he is the victim. Even when the victim fights back and kills his assaulter, he is still the victim in this story. And of course, there're other victims, like the innocent people who had to suffer, but this all happened because Daigo made the deal, not Hyakkimaru. They were already suffering in the beginning before Hyakkimaru was even born. He only served to temporarily relieve them of their suffering.

Also, I never called anyone in this story a villain, so I have no idea why you're trying to lecture me about there having no villains in this story. I know that goddammit. You think I haven't watched Code Geass?? In any case, next time don't assume. You don't know shit about me.
Jun 22, 2019 1:33 PM
Apr 2016
ttcchen said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

You lack some profound understanding of this "humans and demons" narrative, but well can't catch them all this era.

Tahoomaru will be the only one surviving from him family, and his land will start prosper little by little thanks to Dororo's father treasures. Just a hint.

Hyakkimaru did not start as a villain, and he is still is not one. In fact, there is, like, zero villains here. ZERO. Which is why the series and many of Osamu's works are called "Grey morality". There is, however, an extermely transparent concept of "crime and punishment". You sin, you kinda perish, through different mechanisms and causality. At this point about everyone sinned. Except Tahoomaru maybe, as he is only trying to slay his brother. But that bit is open up to a lengthy debate.

So Hyakkimaru kept on trying to get his limbs back by slaying foul demons. Actual evil, which, as per trope, was brought in by the humans, but humans themselves were not evil. Okay, he is not doing a bad thing. But suddenly humans also start getting involved with the demons, and Hyakkimaru is forced to slay humans as well. Regardless of their moral spectrum, his crusade after his body was always going to end like this. Bad people get cut by him, others meet their demise in the process of chasing him.

At this point Hyakkimaru had been called out on being selfish and blinded by his "greed" several times now. By different characters, even the blind Monk who is as close to being a manifestation of virtue in this series as it can be. But he does not care anymore, he shouts and shakes off Dororo, his only "light in the dark" and new family. As was logically stated, Hyakkimaru has enough body parts to keep on living more or less content (considering a third of the population is either malnourished or invalid, he is kinda well-off), but he does not listen to no reason, he selfishly follows what he wants. Not what is right, though there is no right here, as I will allude in the closing remark. Either way he is causing way more friction and suffering than he would do if he stopped chasing his past. Lives are being ruined because he wants to take the body back. Lives of people who initially had nothing to do with the whole deal with the devil thing, but are now a part of the broader tragedy. Whatever virtue Hyakkimaru had in the beginning, is gone at this point. He became what he fought against - a troubled, angered man trying to further his justified goals during cruel, harsh times. The same as Daigo was in the episode 1, the same as Tahoomaru is now.

So everyone from his blighted family is going up or down the circles, except for Tahoomaru, because someone has to lead the people into a new, balanced age. Balanced, because as demons cemented the deal, the forces of good also entered the play (no one says Buddha). The protection Hyakkimaru received, the steed infused with divine vengeance (a subtle hint how it surprisingly withers in a fight against demon-possesed hands) - everything is there to help Hyakkimaru balance the scales. Which means nullify the contract. He is not supposed to survive the ordeal, as he is now merely an instrument of powers beyond him. But he may (and definitely will) take pride that, before he perished, he made something good and left the world to others in a slightly better state than it was. As the world is rid of devil deals, and about everyone who was directly or not responsible for it, the people will begin anew, this time enduring the hardships and working to their heart's extent to restore their country. Without relying on questionable deals. AND they will have a major boost up in a form of Dororo's gold. The series begins at zero, goes up to 99,(99), and then goes right back at zero, from which everything begins anew, as if the whole Dororo never happened.

So if you are saying you will still blindly, wholeheartedly support him, regardless what the series creators are telling you, you have a right to do so. You have chosen the poor right though so prepare some antidepressants and a notebook to write down the message of this series. So that the next time you will avoid succumbing to some sorta impulses, and will choose whom to support wisely.

Perhaps your intentions of a reply of wise words to me is good, but I do not appreciate it. I did not ask for a lecture; I understand what the author is trying to say, and I know what the moral approach Hyakkimaru should have taken is. But, my heart has swayed for him and his story. He is the one who is wronged first. He did nothing to deserve the torture he had endured all his life. And when he is trying to take back what is rightfully his, people call him a monster, a demon for doing so. And those hypocrites who took his body parts dared to call themselves the human and him the monster. You said he should have stopped and let them have his eyes and arms. But even if he did so, they would not stop their assault. His eyes and arms aren't enough to satisfy the demons and the only for Daigo's land to flourish again is if they rob Hyakkimaru of everything he had taken back. In other word, Hyakkimaru has to die for his people to not suffer again.

So what you said would not work. Hyakkimaru won't be able to live a content life because of his family who are after his life. It's because of this that I whole-heartedly support Hyakkimaru. He is the victim through out the story and no he's not playing victim he is the victim. Even when the victim fights back and kills his assaulter, he is still the victim in this story. And of course, there're other victims, like the innocent people who had to suffer, but this all happened because Daigo made the deal, not Hyakkimaru. They were already suffering in the beginning before Hyakkimaru was even born. He only served to temporarily relieve them of their suffering.

Also, I never called anyone in this story a villain, so I have no idea why you're trying to lecture me about there having no villains in this story. I know that goddammit. You think I haven't watched Code Geass?? In any case, next time don't assume. You don't know shit about me.

Hmmmmm... You seem to be under an impression you are able to make succesful assumptions. I have never seen Code Geass. Heard only the best about it, though.
Either way I am merely explaining what and why. I never said which approach Hyakkimaru should have taken, nor that you assume anyone is a villain here. Just... just read it again and let's call it a day.
Re:formed
Jun 22, 2019 2:15 PM

Feb 2015
NV_ said:

6. I don't think someone who was ONLY interested in power and himself would offer to sacrifice himself for the prosperity of his land, but I think we agree that (at least nowadays) Daigo is an egotistical and nasty person.

Daigo never offered to sacrifice himself. The deal was made so that he could rule a prosperous land, for his "ambitions" and to attain "power and renown" for himself (that is his words). The "anything" in his "I will give you anything of mine" meant "anything except my own life and anything that won't hinder the land prosperity". His kid, his wife would do. He never considered to sacrifice himself, and he never thought of his people when making the deal (they are just necessary tools for him to make the land prosperous). It was all about himself from the very beginning.

Tahomaru is different though.
EckhartPilgrimJun 22, 2019 2:39 PM
Jun 22, 2019 4:15 PM

Apr 2018
dang.. I wonder what the old blind man's going to do. :O
Jun 22, 2019 4:21 PM
Apr 2016
EckhartPilgrim said:
NV_ said:

6. I don't think someone who was ONLY interested in power and himself would offer to sacrifice himself for the prosperity of his land, but I think we agree that (at least nowadays) Daigo is an egotistical and nasty person.

"I will give you anything of mine" meant "anything except my own life and anything that won't hinder the land prosperity".

Such a leap of logic is inexcusable, as there is an abyss one could never even hope to traverse. Daigo is his own's man and owns his own life. If Daigo says "anything of mine", then it is CHECK THE WORD IN THE DICTIONARY BEFORE YOU START USING IT THE NEXT TIME anything that belongs to him. His life belongs to him, for the third time. Which means, when Daigo was offering a deal, he never excluded himself, his life or anything he might have. Wife, children included.
Then, there is nothing that would hinder the land's prosperity. Because it is literally what demons are supposed to give. Magical contracts are made this way they don't contradict themselves. Hopefully it explains things.
6AMDiary said:
dang.. I wonder what the old blind man's going to do. :O

Honourably move to the better world. NAB.
Jun 22, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2016
" Hyakkimaru has known what his quest is doing to people for a period of time where he wasn't being attacked, and saw the effects firsthand during the moth monster episodes. Obviously he wasn't doing wrong before he knew, he was killing evil monsters even, but now he does and he doesn't care: this makes him a bad person."

What happened in the moth episode wasn't even his fault and that village was killing kids for their own sake and all knew about it. He didn't know about the deal with the 12 demons until Tahomaru told him at Banmon and Tahomaru abandon any chance their was of them talking it out and went straight to "must kill it".
Jun 23, 2019 1:34 AM

Feb 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:

Such a leap of logic is inexcusable, as there is an abyss one could never even hope to traverse. Daigo is his own's man and owns his own life. If Daigo says "anything of mine", then it is CHECK THE WORD IN THE DICTIONARY BEFORE YOU START USING IT THE NEXT TIME anything that belongs to him. His life belongs to him, for the third time. Which means, when Daigo was offering a deal, he never excluded himself, his life or anything he might have. Wife, children included.
Then, there is nothing that would hinder the land's prosperity. Because it is literally what demons are supposed to give. Magical contracts are made this way they don't contradict themselves. Hopefully it explains things.

Well, "logic" is becoming crazy here.

Let's recall what Daigo said in episode 1 :
Daigo said:

12 demons, I'm Daigo Kagemitsu. Lord of Ishikawa, and vassal to the governor of Kaga province. Repeated famine and epidemics have swept my land, enfeebling my people to the point of death. As things stand, I shall never attain the power and renown I crave. My ambitions will remain a mere dream. But I refuse to rely on th mercy of Buddha or the gods. What I am about to say to you is not a prayer. I came to make a deal. If you'll protect my land and let me rule the country, I will give you anything of mine. Anything, take whatever you wish. Do you hear me!

I think what he is saying is very clear. Depending how they are used, when put in sentences words change the meaning of each others. That is the case here. Daigo obviously can't include his own life in the expression "anything of mine" because it will contradict "let me rule the country". I don't know where you learned that "magical contracts are made this way they don't contradict themselves", there is no golden rule about it anywhere.

Hope this helps. Debate seems to be going nowhere in this topic anymore.
Jun 23, 2019 1:50 AM
Apr 2016
EckhartPilgrim said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Daigo said:

12 demons, I'm Daigo Kagemitsu. Lord of Ishikawa, and vassal to the governor of Kaga province. Repeated famine and epidemics have swept my land, enfeebling my people to the point of death. As things stand, I shall never attain the power and renown I crave. My ambitions will remain a mere dream. But I refuse to rely on th mercy of Buddha or the gods. What I am about to say to you is not a prayer. I came to make a deal. If you'll protect my land and let me rule the country, I will give you anything of mine. Anything, take whatever you wish. Do you hear me!

I think what he is saying is very clear. Depending how they are used, when put in sentences words change the meaning of each others. That is the case here. Daigo obviously can't include his own life in the expression "anything of mine" because it will contradict "let me rule the country". I don't know where you learned that "magical contracts are made this way they don't contradict themselves", there is no golden rule about it anywhere.

Hope this helps. Debate seems to be going nowhere in this topic anymore.

There is no debate we are dealing with. Everyone seems that it is anyhow of essence to try to dispute the wording Daigo used when making contract with the demons. To somehow determine if he is a scum, or an utter scum. 'TIS DOES NOT MATTER A SMIDGE.
Jun 23, 2019 5:38 AM
Sep 2014
EckhartPilgrim said:

Daigo said:

You're right. It's possible he was offering his soul for after he has ruled a successful land, which fits with his talk to the priest beforehand about going to hell.
However since he held his arms open as if he was inviting them to take directly from him, and he seemed to be shaking with fear, I expect the indication was that this isn't what he was thinking. Probably expected them to take something from his body right there.
As you said, "Daigo obviously can't include his own life in the expression 'anything of mine' because it will contradict 'let me rule the country'." Therefore he can't have been offering to sacrifice his entire self.

yasuda1986 said:

What happened in the moth episode wasn't even his fault and that village was killing kids for their own sake and all knew about it. He didn't know about the deal with the 12 demons until Tahomaru told him at Banmon and Tahomaru abandon any chance their was of them talking it out and went straight to "must kill it".

And you're horribly wrong. The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land is obvious. The villagers were in on the sacrifice here, and more than one child's quality of life was sacrificed, but there were also children who had nothing to do with the pact and the lord of the land actually just wanted to protect his people (for real this time).
By Hyakkimaru and Dororo's intrusion on this town, it was destroyed and the innocent children who lived there also died. Since they were continuing to sacrifice travellers, it's possible that this would save more people in the long run, but Hyakkimaru still walked past the innocent people he killed and learnt nothing from it. By that point he should have been acutely aware of the effects his actions can have.

Banmon was before that, by the time the moth incident had happened, Hyakkimaru could have abandoned his quest. And again, there was nothing to 'talk about', if the quest is continued then he's an enemy of Daigo's land. Everybody understand this in show.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
Jun 23, 2019 6:01 AM
Apr 2016
NV_ said:
EckhartPilgrim said:

You're right. It's possible he was offering his soul for after he has ruled a successful land, which fits with his talk to the priest beforehand about going to hell.
However since he held his arms open as if he was inviting them to take directly from him, and he seemed to be shaking with fear, I expect the indication was that this isn't what he was thinking. Probably expected them to take something from his body right there.
As you said, "Daigo obviously can't include his own life in the expression 'anything of mine' because it will contradict 'let me rule the country'." Therefore he can't have been offering to sacrifice his entire self.

yasuda1986 said:

And you're horribly wrong. The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land is obvious. The villagers were in on the sacrifice here, and more than one child's quality of life was sacrificed, but there were also children who had nothing to do with the pact and the lord of the land actually just wanted to protect his people (for real this time).
By Hyakkimaru and Dororo's intrusion on this town, it was destroyed and the innocent children who lived there also died. Since they were continuing to sacrifice travellers, it's possible that this would save more people in the long run, but Hyakkimaru still walked past the innocent people he killed and learnt nothing from it. By that point he should have been acutely aware of the effects his actions can have.

Banmon was before that, by the time the moth incident had happened, Hyakkimaru could have abandoned his quest. And again, there was nothing to 'talk about', if the quest is continued then he's an enemy of Daigo's land. Everybody understand this in show.

Now that's another big stretch, as I don't remember direct or otherwise mention of innocent children perishing because of Hyakkimaru... but yes, in his crusade he caused quite some misfortunes, if only to balance the scales upset by humans before.
There are Nazi apologists, and now there are Hyakkimaru apologists.
Jun 23, 2019 7:37 AM
May 2016
"And you're horribly wrong. The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land is obvious. The villagers were in on the sacrifice here, and more than one child's quality of life was sacrificed, but there were also children who had nothing to do with the pact and the lord of the land actually just wanted to protect his people (for real this time).

The children weren't just losing quality of life they were being killed so the adults could live. And it was the moth who set the village on fire. Hyakkimaru killed no one in that village.

The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land are intentional, but execution matters more than intentions. Hyakkimaru is a one time sacrifice assuming the 12 demons never ask for more. The village in the moth episodes were knownly killing children to save their own behinds.

"it's possible that this would save more people in the long run, but Hyakkimaru still walked past the innocent people he killed and learnt nothing from it. By that point he should have been acutely aware of the effects his actions can have.
"
In no way was Hyakkimaru responsible for that. The blame lies in the demon and the villagers.

"Banmon was before that, by the time the moth incident had happened, Hyakkimaru could have abandoned his quest. And again, there was nothing to 'talk about', if the quest is continued then he's an enemy of Daigo's land. Everybody understand this in show."

You tend not to empathize with people who try to kill you, if Tahomaru had tried to reach out to Hyakkimaru at banmon, there was a chance that Hyakkimaru wouldn have considered abandoning his quest.

"Now that's another big stretch, as I don't remember direct or otherwise mention of innocent children perishing because of Hyakkimaru... but yes, in his crusade he caused quite some misfortunes, if only to balance the scales upset by humans before.
There are Nazi apologists, and now there are Hyakkimaru apologists. "

It is strange to compare Hyakkimaru to nazis of all things.
Jun 23, 2019 10:27 AM
Sep 2014
yasuda1986 said:
"And you're horribly wrong. The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land is obvious. The villagers were in on the sacrifice here, and more than one child's quality of life was sacrificed, but there were also children who had nothing to do with the pact and the lord of the land actually just wanted to protect his people (for real this time).

The children weren't just losing quality of life they were being killed so the adults could live. And it was the moth who set the village on fire. Hyakkimaru killed no one in that village.

The parallels between the situation at that village and Daigo's land are intentional, but execution matters more than intentions. Hyakkimaru is a one time sacrifice assuming the 12 demons never ask for more. The village in the moth episodes were knownly killing children to save their own behinds.

"it's possible that this would save more people in the long run, but Hyakkimaru still walked past the innocent people he killed and learnt nothing from it. By that point he should have been acutely aware of the effects his actions can have.
"
In no way was Hyakkimaru responsible for that. The blame lies in the demon and the villagers.

"Banmon was before that, by the time the moth incident had happened, Hyakkimaru could have abandoned his quest. And again, there was nothing to 'talk about', if the quest is continued then he's an enemy of Daigo's land. Everybody understand this in show."

You tend not to empathize with people who try to kill you, if Tahomaru had tried to reach out to Hyakkimaru at banmon, there was a chance that Hyakkimaru wouldn have considered abandoning his quest.

"Now that's another big stretch, as I don't remember direct or otherwise mention of innocent children perishing because of Hyakkimaru... but yes, in his crusade he caused quite some misfortunes, if only to balance the scales upset by humans before.
There are Nazi apologists, and now there are Hyakkimaru apologists. "

It is strange to compare Hyakkimaru to nazis of all things.

My quality of life comment was in regards to the quality of life that Hyakkimaru lost from his sacrifice. I'm aware the children at this village were killed.

I don't understand what you're getting at with the fire thing. Are you the kind of person to say "people don't kill people, guns do"? It was very obviously because of Hyakkimaru's actions that the village burnt down, as Dororo says in episode, "did we do the wrong thing?" My only point with bringing these episodes up, anyway, was to prove that Hyakkimaru was already aware his actions were killing people before he saw the Daigo trio with his last missing parts.

Almost nobody in Daigo's land knows about the pact, even among the ones being ordered to kill Hyakkimaru. So I don't understand what you're getting at with "empathy". I'm not arguing that only Tahoumaru and Daigos lives are worth more than Hyakkimaru's, but that the entire cumulative population's are. And generalising an entire population and hurting them is generally not considered a trait of a good person, so if your argument is that because some of them tried to kill him he's justified in killing them all, then...

I don't know about comparing him to nazis, but I do think that many people's sympathy for Hyakkimaru is based on a very very misled "it's fine to hurt people if they've hurt you."
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
Jun 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Nov 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
ttcchen said:

Hmmmmm... You seem to be under an impression you are able to make succesful assumptions. I have never seen Code Geass. Heard only the best about it, though.
Either way I am merely explaining what and why. I never said which approach Hyakkimaru should have taken, nor that you assume anyone is a villain here. Just... just read it again and let's call it a day.
you gave me a whole lecture on how there is no villain in this anime when I never once mentioned anything about villains. maybe you should be the one to reread your initial reply to me. also, whether my assumptions are successful or not are not to be determined by you. who are you to say what's wrong and what's right? leave that to me to decide and stay out of my business.

also, Code Geass is an amazing show. It's a classic masterpiece that'll make you feel like all other animes are shit after you've finished it.

NV_ said:
I don't know about comparing him to nazis, but I do think that many people's sympathy for Hyakkimaru is based on a very very misled "it's fine to hurt people if they've hurt you."

dunno about the others, but I sympathize with Hyakkimaru because he's not just hurting people who hurt him. He's taking back what's rightfully his, and no one has the right to take away his body parts and deny him the basic human right of the ownership of one's own body parts.

As for that quote, it all depends on the situation. If someone raped you, it's not okay to rape them back. But if someone punched you, then feel free to punch them back.
ttcchenJun 23, 2019 11:01 AM
Jun 23, 2019 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
ttcchen said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

you gave me a whole lecture on how there is no villain in this anime when I never once mentioned anything about villains. maybe you should be the one to reread your initial reply to me. also, whether my assumptions are successful or not are not to be determined by you. who are you to say what's wrong and what's right? leave that to me to decide and stay out of my business.

also, Code Geass is an amazing show. It's a classic masterpiece that'll make you feel like all other animes are shit after you've finished it.

NV_ said:

dunno about the others, but I sympathize with Hyakkimaru because he's not just hurting people who hurt him. He's taking back what's rightfully his, and no one has the right to take away his body parts and deny him the basic human right of the ownership of one's own body parts.

As for that quote, it all depends on the situation. If someone raped you, it's not okay to rape them back. But if someone punched you, then feel free to punch them back.

Adaptational revenge - check.
Jun 23, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2016
I felt a bit bad towards the deaths of Mutsu and Hyogo since they could've lived until the end if only their circumstances were a bit different but hearing them say that Hyakkimaru's own body parts do not belong to him but to Daigo's along with Tahoumaru left a bitter taste in my mouth. Hyakki's his own being with the right to live in the body he was born with without exception. If his father didn't make a deal with those demons, disasters worse than the initial situation his domain was facing wouldn't have happened after that fragile prosperity they all indulged in suddenly shattered because of someone who's been wronged doing what he had to do. Even if the deal went on, if he just let his wife raise his son who already had his entire body stolen from him properly instead of throwing him downstream and forgetting about him for 17 years, things might've ended better for them.

If I found out that someone gave away the things most precious to me without my consent only to be ridiculed for wanting it back, I'd be pretty mad too. The only person who had recognized his sacrifice was his mother while everyone in the shogunate's enjoying themselves while crediting that asshat instead of the person who had to go through so much for them to prosper and he was regarded and hunted down as a demon by everyone else. With bandits, ghouls, demon-loving nutjobs, and villages offering other innocent people to monsters for their own benefit, I doubt that striking a deal with the demons made things any better anyway.

I'd like Hyakki to get his eyes back since it was his eyes after all but I hope that he won't get consumed by his rage in the process. Everyone's running towards the final fight and I can only imagine what intentions each of them holds. Jukai in particular made me really curious and concerned.

Jun 23, 2019 12:45 PM
May 2016
"I don't understand what you're getting at with the fire thing. Are you the kind of person to say "people don't kill people, guns do"? It was very obviously because of Hyakkimaru's actions that the village burnt down, as Dororo says in episode, "did we do the wrong thing?"

No, What I'm saying is Hyakkimaru didn't fire that gun. Blaming Hyakkimaru, is what saying if someone pisses off a guy with a gun and that guy shoots up a park then saying the first guy did the shooting.
The villagers shot that bullet at themselves by making deals with the moth demon to begin.

"My only point with bringing these episodes up, anyway, was to prove that Hyakkimaru was already aware his actions were killing people before he saw the Daigo trio with his last missing parts."

Point doesn't stand. You could make a case for the deal being broken by him regaining his body which he didn't know about. But the villagers are responsible for the demon moth.
Jun 24, 2019 12:44 PM
Sep 2014
yasuda1986 said:
"I don't understand what you're getting at with the fire thing. Are you the kind of person to say "people don't kill people, guns do"? It was very obviously because of Hyakkimaru's actions that the village burnt down, as Dororo says in episode, "did we do the wrong thing?"

No, What I'm saying is Hyakkimaru didn't fire that gun. Blaming Hyakkimaru, is what saying if someone pisses off a guy with a gun and that guy shoots up a park then saying the first guy did the shooting.
The villagers shot that bullet at themselves by making deals with the moth demon to begin.

"My only point with bringing these episodes up, anyway, was to prove that Hyakkimaru was already aware his actions were killing people before he saw the Daigo trio with his last missing parts."

Point doesn't stand. You could make a case for the deal being broken by him regaining his body which he didn't know about. But the villagers are responsible for the demon moth.

You're just wrong. Do some self reflection and try to work out why, I don't have time to teach you the basics of responsibility.

ttcchen said:

NV_ said:

You're just wrong. Do some self reflection and try to work out why, I don't have time to teach you basic maths or humility.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
Jun 24, 2019 4:03 PM

Nov 2014
NV_ said:
yasuda1986 said:

You're just wrong. Do some self reflection and try to work out why, I don't have time to teach you the basics of responsibility.

ttcchen said:

You're just wrong. Do some self reflection and try to work out why, I don't have time to teach you basic maths or humility.
You're just retarded. Go back to school, kid, and maybe you'll learn to talk like a decent human being.
Jun 25, 2019 4:15 PM
May 2017
the episode was great, but the animation was so ugly that i wanted to cry
Jun 25, 2019 5:10 PM
May 2016
@ttcchen Should a bus driver be considered a murderer because they happened to drive a guy with a gun to a park where they commit a mass shooting? The adults in that village threw away their responsiblity to their children by using them as sacrifices to the moth demon Instead of killing it. Hence it was able to burn down their village All Hyakkimaru did was affect the exact timing.
Jun 26, 2019 4:06 AM

Nov 2014
yasuda1986 said:
@ttcchen Should a bus driver be considered a murderer because they happened to drive a guy with a gun to a park where they commit a mass shooting? The adults in that village threw away their responsiblity to their children by using them as sacrifices to the moth demon Instead of killing it. Hence it was able to burn down their village All Hyakkimaru did was affect the exact timing.
i think u quoted the wrong person
Jun 26, 2019 9:15 AM
May 2016
tt
ttcchen said:
yasuda1986 said:
I meant to quote you. Your saying Hyakkimaru is responsible for what happened in the village because he showed up and picked a fight with the demon moth. If it was the same as Daigo's deal where the village suffered because of the lost of the demon I would maybe accept Hyakkimaru being somewhat responseble, But what actually happened is the village fed their kids to thing and it set their village on fire since they decided to rely on it and left it alive. So I say the village is at fault for the fire destroying their homes.
Jun 26, 2019 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
yasuda1986 said:
tt
ttcchen said:
I meant to quote you. Your saying Hyakkimaru is responsible for what happened in the village because he showed up and picked a fight with the demon moth. If it was the same as Daigo's deal where the village suffered because of the lost of the demon I would maybe accept Hyakkimaru being somewhat responseble, But what actually happened is the village fed their kids to thing and it set their village on fire since they decided to rely on it and left it alive. So I say the village is at fault for the fire destroying their homes.
you definitely quoted the wrong person. I never said that.
Jun 26, 2019 9:53 PM

Mar 2019
How nice of his father to refer to one of his sons as "a demons leftovers" lol.

Super tense episode, I can't imagine this being a happy ending for anyone.
Jun 28, 2019 6:09 AM

Jul 2016
Savasvania said:
I want Hyakkimaru to strangle Tohamaru with his new hands.

I don't give a fuck who wins as long as I get a continued good fight scene.

Both characters have been developed poorly.
Jul 5, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
This show does a terrible job at making me feel sorry for Tahoumaru or the rest of the Daigo people.
Aug 12, 2019 11:33 AM

Mar 2019
This episode is clearly a introduction to a finale.I remember when dororo had just met hyakkimaru and the two of them went on a "cruise" to get hyakkimaru's body back.The story has evolved a lot.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 13, 2019 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
I'm terrified that Jukai is going to do something bad to Hyakkimaru. Like "I gave him life and so it's up to me to take it away for the good of all" or some twisted logic like that. What was that object he had? In the previous episode, he seemed to be sharpening it...

Hyakkimaru... Dororo is right. 死んじゃ駄目よ.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Dec 2018
What a brutal episode. Mutsu and Hyogo headless fighting the fire horse was crazy !

Lol I thought Daigo has gone to the battlefield (based on what he said), but his ass has not moved an inch. That's why he sacrificed his son.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 1, 2019 11:51 PM

Dec 2015
Some great scenes to look at. But...
Stark700 said:
One more episode left and I'm honestly

left wondering what this modernization is trying to cover/convey.

3/5 They could have build a nice entertainment period family drama with this project.
Sep 20, 2019 9:31 PM

Mar 2015
Penultimate episode, everything coming to the end!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 31, 2019 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
Dororo: If we want something we must get it ourselves like aniki.
Me : Fuck yeah someone finally said it. Hyakkimaru has suffered enough just so other people can live in peace and prosperity.
Dororo 5 mins. later: Aniki let them have your eyes or hands or whatever.
Me: ........wat????
Nov 13, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2011
this show isnt about right and wrong, and you get to pick wich side you think is more justified(even if it is in the wrong) but i fail to see how anyone can side with tahomaru and daigo over hyakkimaro, its just plain weird, one was by no mean of his fault wronged and continues to be wronged, and the other side keeps inflicting pain on him by using a weak justification that would crumble at the slightest probation, if tahomaro or the daigo were loosing somethign of equal value to hyakki i might have been swayed, but as it is its just one sided abuse by this point, and only the other side gains from hyakki suffering, show should have shown daigo side and tahomaru making similar sacrifices to make me care about their plight
becoolNov 13, 2019 7:49 AM
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Mar 6, 2020 6:21 AM

Feb 2019
Dororo's line makes me tear up
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 16, 2020 4:08 AM

Aug 2016
I think the choice to support Hyakkimaru is clear, specially after this episode. You can't protect what's not yours in the first place. This land's prosperity does not belong to its people, they did nothing to earn it, it's all built on one boy's unwilling sacrifice. Daigo took the easiest path possible, he's a coward and his little speech about HIS ambitions and HIS desire to rule in the beginning of the anime shows it. He sacrificed his son instead of doing his job and gathering up the population to do something themselves, he's always seen in safety and comfort while others put their ass on the line for him. Hyakki was sacrificed for these people's selfish desire, for their one little town to succeed out of many towns that struggle in the country. They simply sat back and let themselves enjoy the benefit of one person's pain without any guilt while ignoring the world surrounding them. They owe everything they have to Hyakki and yet they treat him like an abomination, they could at least show an ounce of shame. They want to feed the rest of him to the 12th demon, anyone who thinks this would've ended if Hyakki just stopped going for the rest of his body is delusional. The moment they heard he's alive, they immediately felt disdain for him, didn't show any will to negotiate and treated him like a curse even though this is their doing.

Tahoumaru's reasoning is understandable but what his father did isn't the right way to attain any goals. For this reason, I'll be okay with the kid surviving but his father has to suffer some sort of consequence.
wonbitMar 16, 2020 4:14 AM
Jul 13, 2020 11:00 PM

Mar 2014
And to fit with the running theme, the first sensation of touch Hyakkimaru experienced after getting his arms back was slicing his hands open to use those blades, ouch

Definitely on team Hyakkimaru here. If you want something, you have to take it back with your own hands. Even if those "hands" are sword blades.
Aug 29, 2020 2:33 PM

Jul 2015
Initially thought Tahomaru was a cool brother willing to help his brother but to see him become the lowest scum claiming Hyakkimaru's body parts aren't his makes me really hate him. 'Tahomaru is the son of Daigo, he'll be victorious' the same guy who can't do things himself and needs help from demons offering up things that aren't his, that Daigo?!?.

Oct 2, 2020 10:29 AM
Oct 2019
I've become annoyed. All these people suck. The lord. The mother, who claims to be repentant but whose actions don't back up her talk. The lunatic brother. His lunatic underlings. All these villagers wanting to sanitize a boy, or make deals with the demons. The priest for constantly calling Hyakki a demon but doing nothing about it. I hope they prosthetic guy doesn't try to kill Hyakki; that would put him on the shit list, too.

Dororo is great. Her parents, too. Hyakki is great. That's it. Everyone else can rot in the hell they created.

I'm very much concerned that I won't like this ending and that it may cause me to drop my rating even farther. I've already dropped it from an 8 to a 7/10 because of some of these things.
Oct 12, 2020 2:04 AM

Mar 2019
These episodes are good.

LI Girl from the past was part of Hyakimaru becoming more human. (Why'd I run w/ the topic if I didn't feel like it.)
Mar 27, 2021 2:54 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm how are they going to save hyakimura and the village? can't always have both. But yeah sucks that they took what wasn't theirs.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 25, 2022 6:55 AM

Jun 2019
I was glad when those two died but I was really sad when the Mumma horse died. That was very sad seeing his baby there for him. Also, Hyakkimaru is becoming angrier.
Aug 8, 2022 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
Frustrating ep, I just hate how they're trying to make it morally ambiguous and justify daigo's side. Hyakimaru will became a demon if he kills them? Even tho he's been forced into this situation and literally has to in order to defend himself and live. Dororo wants him to let them have his body? >.>

So next ep is the last, hope the final ep is good.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 15, 2022 7:16 AM
Aug 2020
Absolutely amazing! This is peak Dororo, making you finally question everything about Hyakkimaru's journey while hitting you with GOURGEOUS animation and soundtrack/ sound design
10/10
Jan 2, 2023 11:50 PM
Dec 2021
the fighting scenes are great, i love it
Mar 25, 2023 4:57 PM

Oct 2022
These last episodes are amazing. The fight between Tahomaru and Hyakkimaru did not feel hateful, despite all that had happened. I don't think Tahomaru really wanted those demon eyes anyway. The fire burning the entire Daigo palace was symbolic, but also long overdue. Nui realizes the fate of her country is well deserved... actually I think she knew that for a long time.
Dec 1, 2023 12:05 AM

Nov 2023
So many important supporting characters died. Not that I care of
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2019

161 by ArreolaAn9el »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

445 by SpongyMallard »»
Jun 3, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2019

138 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2019

136 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

109 by bluntaba_sakura »»
May 25, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.