Who is the WORST Antagonist of all time in Anime

New
Nov 29, 2022 4:46 PM

Jan 2019
In terms of.. Trash or boring to be Antagonist
Shima_ReiNov 29, 2022 5:13 PM
Nov 29, 2022 5:03 PM

Feb 2022
idk about one particular villain but i always did not like the one piece villains typically from how boring they looked from the ops
no

Nov 29, 2022 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
Matsuda from death note was a pretty dumb antagonist, he's certainly not a villain though.
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Nov 29, 2022 5:15 PM

Feb 2021
That Oberon guy from second half of SAO season 1.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 29, 2022 5:26 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
https://myanimelist.net/character/124326/Cristiano_Ronaldo
This guy from ginza kick off

He betrayed all the clubs and all his teammates, his coaches and even his friends and national team and his nation for penalties ..he also paid hush money to cover up sexual assult allegations..

He even tried to steal goals from his teammates and used his sisters insta to abuse the fans..
He walked out when his team won because he didn't get to score penalties ..

Where will this diva go now, he got no real home.. Or real friends..

Nov 29, 2022 7:33 PM
Apr 2022
ryo-san said:

He betrayed all the clubs and all his teammates, his coaches and even his friends and national team and his nation for penalties ..he also paid hush money to cover up sexual assult allegations..

He even tried to steal goals from his teammates and used his sisters insta to abuse the fans..

jfc lmao i wonder how would the real person react to this
Nov 29, 2022 7:57 PM
Oct 2019
The guy who developed the Sword Art Online game and trapped everyone inside of it. Not only is he such a forgettable character that I can't even remember his name, but he's so lame that he literally forgot his motives. If we're talking boring villains who are so bad that they leave literally no impression on the viewers, he's gotta be pretty high up there. Maybe he's a better character in the light novels, but I wouldn't know cause I've only seen the anime (and I don't like it enough to consider reading the light novels)
Nov 29, 2022 7:59 PM

Aug 2022
literally any jojo antagonist (2)

/thread
Nov 29, 2022 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
Literally every one piece antagonists.
Nov 29, 2022 8:44 PM

Jun 2017
Dark Marik from Yugioh. He has no real backstory, he just pops up. Normal Marik was evil enough and could've carried the arc. Dark Marik has no real connection to anyone, unlike normal Marik. He also can;t duel for shit. He only wins with plot armor.

Sure, his millenium rod powers are scary but the fact he almost loses to 2 people who aren't the main character is pathetic.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Nov 29, 2022 8:56 PM
Feb 2018
ShatteredSans said:
The guy who developed the Sword Art Online game and trapped everyone inside of it. Not only is he such a forgettable character that I can't even remember his name, but he's so lame that he literally forgot his motives. If we're talking boring villains who are so bad that they leave literally no impression on the viewers, he's gotta be pretty high up there. Maybe he's a better character in the light novels, but I wouldn't know cause I've only seen the anime (and I don't like it enough to consider reading the light novels)

how can he be forgettable if u remembered him. sounds like fake news to me.

/30charspostlimit
/30charspostlimit
Nov 29, 2022 9:07 PM
Oct 2019
I only remembered him when I saw Sword Art Online in my list (I was looking through my list to try to find a good response to this post, because I haven't seen many anime with antagonists that I'd actually consider to be bad antagonists)
Nov 29, 2022 9:25 PM

Apr 2018
The Demon King from Seven Deadly Sins definitely comes to mind. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a more generic, boring, and forgettable main villain than that one.

EDIT: Bruhhh, i just checked out of curiosity and saw that the DK literally has 1 single Member Favorite on this site. I mean, fuck, 'nuff said. That alone should be enough to tell y'all how embarrassingly lame he is.
Stygian_PrisonerDec 1, 2022 2:13 PM
Nov 29, 2022 9:32 PM

Nov 2018
Every antagonist in the Toaru franchise outdid their predecessor in terms of being pathetic, dumb, laughable and forgettable. Only the "How could it be possibly worse than this" energy kept me going again and again because it truly ended up being worse each time.
Nov 29, 2022 10:17 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
dumbandinsane said:
ryo-san said:

jfc lmao i wonder how would the real person react to this

You may be able to find out on his next interview with piers Morgan.. He'll tell piers morgan

Nov 29, 2022 10:39 PM

Feb 2020
Im not sure who is absolutely the worst, but Knight Unryuuji from Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters is the first one that came to my mind.
Nov 29, 2022 10:47 PM

Jul 2021
the antagonist in darling in the franxx. the last minute alien shit that happened in last few episodes was bizarre. i don't even remember all that properly and it's just been like a year and a half since i watched it.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Nov 29, 2022 10:55 PM

Nov 2018
Scavendgarr....... for his dumb opinion
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2022 7:03 PM

Jul 2017
Autonomous enemies are my least favorite. Like you see in 86 or Strike Witches.
Nov 30, 2022 9:02 PM

May 2016
Villains with one-dimensional motives and/or plans are nearly always shitty. Also, villains who are literally only evil because the plot calls for them to be evil. In order for a villain to be objectively good, they need to fall into at least one of three categories:

- They need to have deep and/or complex motives and/or backstory (think Aizen from Bleach or Johan Liebert from Monster)
- Illicit a significant emotional reaction from the watcher through their words or actions (think Shou Tucker from FMAB or Gendo Ikari from Evangelion)
- Be otherwise highly entertaining to watch (think Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter or Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop)

Without one or more of these qualities, a villain is at best forgettable and at worst actively holds the show they're associated with back.

Some of the worst offenders would be:
- Akihiko Kayaba from Sword Art Online
- Team Aqua and Team Magma from Pokemon
- Light Yagami from Death Note

There are more, but trying to remember them is hurting my head, so... yeah.. that's it. That's the thread.
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
Nov 30, 2022 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
ZechTearz said:
The guy from Greed Island
The prison guard from Rainbow
Haramau from Ashita no Joe
Literally any JoJo antagonist
The lancer from Fate/Zero
The guy from ERASED
The guy from Casshern Sins

Who's your favourite then? (Antagonist)
Dec 1, 2022 1:21 AM

Oct 2010
the main antagonist from psycho pass 2 is very underwhelming, he's supposed to be smart yet in the end he makes the dumbest choices
also, almost all antagonists who are redeemed in the end are horrible
Dec 1, 2022 1:57 AM

Nov 2016
THE-Black-Mage said:
Villains with one-dimensional motives and/or plans are nearly always shitty. Also, villains who are literally only evil because the plot calls for them to be evil. In order for a villain to be objectively good, they need to fall into at least one of three categories:

- They need to have deep and/or complex motives and/or backstory (think Aizen from Bleach or Johan Liebert from Monster)
- Illicit a significant emotional reaction from the watcher through their words or actions (think Shou Tucker from FMAB or Gendo Ikari from Evangelion)
- Be otherwise highly entertaining to watch (think Hisoka from Hunter x Hunter or Mad Pierrot from Cowboy Bebop)

Without one or more of these qualities, a villain is at best forgettable and at worst actively holds the show they're associated with back.

Some of the worst offenders would be:
- Akihiko Kayaba from Sword Art Online
- Team Aqua and Team Magma from Pokemon
- Light Yagami from Death Note

There are more, but trying to remember them is hurting my head, so... yeah.. that's it. That's the thread.

I would argue that Team Aqua and Team Magma were quite interesting antagonists as far as Pokemon goes. Their opinions about climate change spoke quite true even today.
Dec 1, 2022 2:43 AM

Jul 2015
SAO has literally the worst antagonists you can think of.
We have:
- Mad scientist going through midlife crisis ("I forgot" would actually be better, but fanboys jest angry when someone implies that)
- Generic creep pedo rapist
- Quiet Kid edgelord
- A Naked Woman for some reason, because why not.
- Some random mercenary guy, who's not even pretending to be an actual character, but is just an obstacle

But I'm gonna give a shout-out to my boi, PoH, who tried to do the impossible and force some character development on Kirito.
He failed, but I admire his effort to save this trash.

Dec 1, 2022 2:45 AM

Oct 2014
I'd love to take this opportunity to shit on Jojo, One Piece, or some other shounen, but unfortunately Rainbow has the worst antagonists (and protagonists for that matter) that I've ever seen in anime. The author can only write characters that are either insufferable, idiotic, or are so ridiculously evil that they cannot be taken seriously.
Dec 1, 2022 3:00 AM

Jul 2015
THE-Black-Mage said:
Light Yagami from Death Note

Light is not an antagonist, but protagonist.

Dec 1, 2022 3:13 AM

Jun 2017
Adatius said:
I'd love to take this opportunity to shit on Jojo, One Piece, or some other shounen, but unfortunately Rainbow has the worst antagonists (and protagonists for that matter) that I've ever seen in anime. The author can only write characters that are either insufferable, idiotic, or are so ridiculously evil that they cannot be taken seriously.

Since Emiya Shirou is in your favorites, your opinion doesn't count
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Dec 1, 2022 3:36 AM

Oct 2014
DreadfulControl said:
Adatius said:

Since Emiya Shirou is in your favorites, your opinion doesn't count

said the edgy kid with bondrewd in his favorites
Dec 1, 2022 4:11 AM

Sep 2020
UnchiStoreClerk said:
idk about one particular villain but i always did not like the one piece villains typically from how boring they looked from the ops
boring? That's certainly an opinion for sure!

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 1, 2022 4:54 AM

Oct 2019
well there are so many bad ones out there, but the one that I think takes the cake is father from fmab.

maybe some shitty shows have worse villains, but when you take the massive contrast of how good everything else, including the side villains are in brotherhood, father just seems like the worst possible thing out there.

he breaks so many rules, he is a complete moron, his motives are boring, and so is his personality.

honestly his only redeeming quality is how his character matches the themes of the show very well, but I think that is credit that should be given to the story, not his character.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 1, 2022 5:02 AM
Feb 2022
ZechTearz said:
The guy from Greed Island
The prison guard from Rainbow
Haramau from Ashita no Joe
Literally any JoJo antagonist
The lancer from Fate/Zero
The guy from ERASED
The guy from Casshern Sins

Kira from JoJos was pretty good, compared to the others in JoJo anyway
Dec 1, 2022 5:28 AM

Apr 2019
The Prime Minister from Akame Ga Kill has to be the one. He was just so over the top evil it was impossible to take that idiot seriously. Every single aspect of Akame Ga Kill is the worst thing in all of anime.
Dec 1, 2022 6:15 AM

Aug 2017
i feel like people that hate sao antagonist just only watch season 1. it's get better for kayaba akihiko tho. That kinda creepy old man who want asuna, you can said he is worst but he serve his job as villain pretty well imo.

for me, i fcking hate every antagonist in ousama ranking. or is that story doesn't have any antagonist ??? they literally turn into good guy after some cheap sad backstory
Dec 1, 2022 7:13 AM

Sep 2021
Sagan, the main antagonist of Takt op Destiny is probably the worst antagonist I've seen if I'm not forgetting someone else. Dude's goal literally made no sense at all and it felt as if they just made up some bullshit on the spot so that we would have a big bad to defeat in the final episode.
Dec 1, 2022 9:14 AM

Feb 2022
w
samsince04 said:
UnchiStoreClerk said:
boring? That's certainly an opinion for sure!

what can i say, the op boring, the anime boring, the op is bad, the anime is bad. as my dad always said the anime opening serves as a conclusion too sometimes with big power comes big responsibilittiy
no

Dec 1, 2022 9:19 AM

Mar 2015
Anyone remember Biba from Kabaneri?
Dec 1, 2022 9:56 AM

Jan 2020
ZechTearz said:
Softmaxx said:

Who's your favourite then? (Antagonist)

Ozu from Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei is kinda neat, if you can construe him as an antagonist. I would so I will

I have the hypothesis that Watashi is the real villain and Ozu is the protagonist.

Back on topic: The antagonist of Kyoukai no Kanata felt so empty.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Dec 1, 2022 11:59 AM

May 2016
Piromysl said:
THE-Black-Mage said:
Light Yagami from Death Note

Only edgelords and normies see Light as the protagonist. Everyone else knows L is the true protag of Death Note.
If you disagree with any thoughts or opinions expressed in the above post, you're wrong and I hate you forever!
Dec 1, 2022 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
THE-Black-Mage said:
Piromysl said:

Only edgelords and normies see Light as the protagonist. Everyone else knows L is the true protag of Death Note.

Do you even know what protagonist is? That's not subjective.

Dec 1, 2022 2:24 PM

Apr 2018
THE-Black-Mage said:

"Protagonist" does not necessarily equate to "good". Likewise, "antagonist" does not necessarily equate to "evil"; it simply means any force that opposes the protagonist.

Light is the villain of the story, obviously, but the majority of it is told through his perspective; hence, he is the protagonist. L acts in direct opposition to Light, which makes him the antagonist despite being the main representative of "the good guys".

Heck, claiming that "L is the actual protagonist" is even more silly when you consider that
Stygian_PrisonerDec 1, 2022 2:45 PM
Dec 1, 2022 3:35 PM
Kuroni_Kuru

Dec 2020
Mahiru from Kamisama Dolls will always be my go-to answer for this question. Maybe she isn't the worst antagonist out there (pretty much any antagonist from a show that I didn't like is probably worse IMO), but she's definitely the first one who comes to mind. I haven't read the Chainsaw Man manga, but I think that
Formerly known as Kuroni_Kuru
Dec 1, 2022 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
Hashiba Kyouya "Bokutachi no Remake":

You might argue that he's not a villain. But in terms of what his actions led to and how it changed the fate of multiple people. He is the biggest villain I've come across since the 2020s started.
Dec 1, 2022 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Mantle from dr. stone

He is soo bad that even after reading dr. stone twice you will forget this character.
Dec 5, 2022 5:32 PM

Feb 2018
I’d say Broly from DBZ, he has very little personality, barely talks(expect for screaming out the main character’s name, a lot), and his motivations for being evil are so petty.(lol imagine keeping a grudge for over 20 years over something a person did when they were an infant.)
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Dec 17, 2022 10:57 AM
Sep 2021
I had seen a bunch of weak villains in anime, but the ones i think it's the worst are these:
The jiggly butt guys from Fairy Tail
Gaku Yashiro from Erased
Honest from Akame Ga Kill!
VIRM from Darling in the Franxx
Alessi from JJBA
Muscular from MHA
Pilaf from Dragon Ball Z
Almost every villain in Sword Art Online (including Oberon and Gabriel Miller)
Trebol from One Piece
The Rubberobo Gang from Medabots
Dec 17, 2022 11:12 AM

Mar 2018
The teacher from Erased ......he was/is such an incompetent moron when it comes to being a killer....
Dec 17, 2022 11:32 AM

Sep 2020
Gentle Criminal and La Brava from MHA. Probably don’t count since they aren’t the main antagonists but oh well.

I really like the MHA main villains and the side villains too like Stain and Overhaul. They are truly some of the best characters in MHA (not really much competition though).

Gentle Criminal and La Brava were boring, filler villains in a very boring season. I wanted to skip their scenes so badly. They also have zero to little motive for being criminals. I feel like they were just thrown in their because Horikoshi just wanted to add a fight. At least other side story villains like Overhaul and Stain left something plot wise. Gentle Criminal and La Brava are just very forgettable villains in a show that villains are the best characters in.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 2008
At least five coming to mind...

Ribbons Almark (Gundam 00 Season 2)
Oberon the Fairy King (Sword Art Online)
Turles (Dragon Ball Z Movie 3: Tree of Might)
Jed (Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission)
Noah Kaiba (Yu-gi-oh: Duel Monsters)

Dec 17, 2022 2:59 PM

Aug 2011
This may be controversial...but in my opinion, it's all the antagonists in every Jojo part except Dio and Kira. They're like cut-and-paste antagonists that over time just felt repetitive.
desu desu binches

More topics from this board

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

147 by AramHovhanued »»
20 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby?

Anjuro - Yesterday

45 by Anjuro »»
30 minutes ago

» Why is fairytail the only Shonen anime that people complain for the power of Friendship when evrey other Shonen anime does.

Lol1268 - Jun 1

30 by SmugMiri »»
46 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 4 hours ago

6 by Coaghim »»
47 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 3 hours ago

7 by BigBoyAdvance »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.