Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 6, 2021 8:31 PM
Aug 2019
Liked this a lot! The style reminds me a lot of BanG Dream lol I didn't expect it to have music, but is great!! The animation is great too. So far i'm liking Ayaka the most!!
Oct 6, 2021 9:28 PM
Jan 2021
It's an OK first episode for me, just in between. But I will check how next week will go for this show. It is refreshing to see a new kind of Sports Anime, Ice Hockey is not prevalant in our contry since it is tropical here, hoping that I will learn some new knowledge about this sport. Also will point out that it is cool seeing some the VAs having this anime as their debut shows, wish them all the luck.

Oct 6, 2021 9:51 PM
Feb 2021
I thought it was a good enough first episode. It hammered away a good chunk of exposition for an audience that probably isn't too familiar with Ice Hockey and got us introduced to the characters. The introduction scene probably was created for mostly hype reasons but could also make for great set up or could make this show flop horribly, we'll have to wait and see. The quality of this show basically depends on the next episode building off the exposition of this episode and not overloading us and the ending living up to the hype. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and gave it an 8/10 because I do want to see this succeed so badly but episode 2 will be make or break from whether this is a 7-8/10 or becomes a 1-5/10
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Oct 2016
I did not expect to get idols in here, but I dig it lmao. It's not gonna be a pure idol show, but a mix of hockey and entertainment, I can respect your ambition coach. Characters are nice, though I like the coach the best so far lmao. Looking forward to see where this goes.
Oct 7, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
girls playin' ice hockey huh?! that's nice! but at least they should omit those idol dancing...so unnecessary!
4/5.
matias067Oct 7, 2021 12:18 AM

Oct 7, 2021 12:22 AM
Aug 2018
there are many great critics here and there are quite a lot of negative opinions, come on guys this is only episode one, and this is a fairly new theme for an anime so enjoy and watch it for a few episodes first..
Oct 7, 2021 3:07 AM

Aug 2019
hopefully this episode clears out the people that obviously aren’t the target demographic for this show right off the bat, gives me Uma Musume vibes with the celebration dance which was pretty nice; definitely looking forward to see what these girls can do (however I am unsure about whether or not they just spoiled the season with that intro of them winning the world championship)

also Manaka gives me Honka from Love Live vibes, probably the hair color

another thing that caught my eye is the girl at the end kinda looks like a bleached version of Nagatoro lmao
snowykevinOct 7, 2021 3:37 AM
Oct 7, 2021 3:55 AM

Feb 2014
So this is hockey and idol in one. Sounds like my cup of tea. I'll gladly stay and watch this every week.
Oct 7, 2021 5:13 AM
Apr 2020
ACasualViewer said:
There is no such thing as the world cup of hockey and Japan certainly wouldn't beat Canada at it, hard for me to take this show seriously from the start.

Best you can hope for is that the opening scene was merely a dream sequence.
Oct 7, 2021 6:45 AM

Nov 2013
Cute girls play hockeys. Sports anime aren’t very interesting by themselves, and I don’t want to make it worse by spending a billion episodes watching this meek girl’s friends try to build up her confidence just to chase after a damn ball. It was poor, The animation is subpar, and the characters are basic.

I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 7, 2021 7:55 AM
May 2016
Awww I just wanted it to be only about hockey not mixed in with idols.
Oct 7, 2021 8:42 AM

Jun 2016
hockey girl + idol at same time .. bruhh this interesting !!
Oct 7, 2021 10:34 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwwww the hockey lesbians are so cute!

Naomi is a bit timid but her little wife Riko was there to help her. The lovebirds are so fucking adorable together,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I like the first episode and I already have a ship. Good stuff

This was my favorite part from the episode, Find it so cute that my lesbian angel is shy, and therefore was standing close to her girlfriend to get some comfort,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Yuri-CrusaderOct 8, 2021 4:39 AM
Oct 7, 2021 11:51 AM
Sep 2017
ACasualViewer said:
There is no such thing as the world cup of hockey and Japan certainly wouldn't beat Canada at it, hard for me to take this show seriously from the start.

And then they start to sing and dance on the ice with shoes... don't they know how it's like to even walk on ice! Even just standing can be hard ><
Oct 7, 2021 2:48 PM
Dec 2019
LoveLive - BangDream hybrid and Idol live performance after match à la UmaMusume? I'm down with this ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Oct 8, 2021 10:25 AM
May 2020
Imagine it's the finals of the World Championship. It's the dying moments of the 3rd period, with both teams level at 4-4. You're the Canadian goaltender, and in the absolute final seconds, you let the puck go through your five-hole for the game winning goal.

Immediately after, the opposition changes into idol costumes and starts dancing and singing right in your face. Very cruel and unusual.
Oct 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2018
love live: hockey season :D
Oct 9, 2021 6:26 AM
Mar 2012
Wat hockey + embroidery + idol & title says nothing about any of these?
For sol animation actually decent. Seems fun but bit all over the place, on the fence still.
Oct 9, 2021 1:38 PM

Jul 2016
nwblader said:
I find it odd that they mentioned specifically that it was women’s hockey that had body checking as a penalty because in Canada and the states body checking isn’t allowed unless you are on a rep team for bantam or midget

I think they were just trying to make the point that in the women's game there is no checking at all. I can't remember at exactly which age they introduce checking for the boys, but they all know that it is coming. Maybe it's reassuring for delicate girls who were doing embroidering the day before to know that if they join the sport they won't ever (intentionally) get ploughed into the boards.
Oct 9, 2021 4:30 PM

Aug 2020
At first I thought it was Love Live, but then I started watching the episode and that was ice hockey, but then that was idol again, then it turned into a slice of life and in the end it was ice hockey again...

G R E A T . E P I S O D E
Oct 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Jun 2015
love live hockey

bottom text

๐Ÿ’– ๐ผ'๐“‚ ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐’น๐‘’๐“ƒโฃ ๐Ÿ’–

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจเญงหš ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ฏ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐“‰๐‘’๐“‡ ๐Ÿ’ ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Š๐’ฏ๐“Š๐’ท๐‘’ ๐Ÿ’ หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹†
๐Ÿ’ ๐‘€๐“Ž๐น๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’๐’ž๐‘œ๐“๐“๐‘’๐’ธ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ ๐Ÿ’
Oct 10, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2021
ะดั–ะดัŒะบะพ, ั ัƒ ั€ะพะทะฟะฐั‡ั–...
Oct 10, 2021 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
haha so basically like umamusume but it's hockey...
them making japan beat canada in the first scene was hilarious. hope that was just a dream, they didn't really make it clear what was happening there.

personally i feel like the voice acting is kinda ้›‘, especially the main girl. :<
but i'm canadian, so i have to finish watching this, right? :')
Oct 10, 2021 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
I want to state that I can't really call it bad on any technical or storytelling level. But when I see a hockey anime, I expect brutal bloody fists fights where the girls lose their teeth.
Oct 12, 2021 1:57 AM

Jan 2014
So half idols, half hockey...Interesting twist. It's very cute though.
Oct 12, 2021 6:12 AM

May 2009
VeryCuteGirl said:
them making japan beat canada in the first scene was hilarious. hope that was just a dream, they didn't really make it clear what was happening there.

personally i feel like the voice acting is kinda ้›‘, especially the main girl. :<

Nothing like Uma musume, there is no separate race of human looking hockey-girls, this is just love live with girls playing hockey as main job and idolshit secondary.
Oct 12, 2021 11:55 AM

Apr 2017
The opening scene is them beating team Canada... so its a fantasy I guess xD
I will be watching Mighty Ducks moe anime version.

Oct 12, 2021 11:56 AM

Apr 2017
VeryCuteGirl said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't want my citizenship revoked :)

Oct 12, 2021 4:14 PM

May 2017
Please someone tell me that you were also hella confused in the beginning: First, they play Canada in the World Championship Final and win (!!), then they start being idols (...) AND THEN there comes a cut to them stitching ahahaha

But on a serious note tho:
I'm really torn when it comes to the first impression. I like ice hockey, so I just made it my duty to watch the first anime of its kind! :D
The animations with game action are well done. On the other hand, i don't know how much i can get into the series because i didn't expect such idol power omg Let's see how it develops!
The coaches have a funny chemistry with each other. I like how energetic the woman is and the man leaves everything commented a little sarcastically.

What is definitely noteworthy is that the young voice actors are almost all speaking their first major role and I think they are doing it very well.
Leo_SOct 12, 2021 4:29 PM
Oct 13, 2021 1:50 PM
Oct 2019
Hockey is my favorite sport and i follow the NHL team the Arizona Coyotes religiously so iv always wanted to see a hockey anime and here it is. With an all girls cast..... The visuals and animation of the actual game being played look great and im completely satisfied with it but im worried with the all girl cast its just gonna be a typical cute girls doing cute things type show with literally nothing going on between the hockey segments (Take K-on for example outside of the music you got nothing). I hope it can stay interesting and blaze a trail for more ice hockey manga/anime to drop. If we can get a diamond no ace anime but replace baseball with hockey? That would be insane!
Oct 14, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Combining my two favorite things: hockey and cute anime waifus. I just hope they don't go overboard with the idol stuff; plenty of other "girls playing niche sports" anime out there that didn't need gimmicks.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 18, 2021 2:51 AM
Dec 2019
I don't know anything about ice hockey neither I'm a big fan if idol stuff. But still I'm going to watch it because I like C2C studio. They always make stunning visuals and choose awesome music.
Oct 19, 2021 10:04 PM
Nov 2018
i came in expecting cute girls playing hockey seriously, was not expecting that idol performance in the beginning, but not surprising lol. this looks pretty silly, but hey sometimes you don't need a masterpiece of a show right? also i can't unhear twin tails as kasukasu from love live (i know they're played by the same seiyuu)
Oct 21, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
interesting first episode, not sure how much i'll enjoy the idol stuff-- sorta neutral to it right now. really happy we're finally getting a hockey anime though, it seems promising.
Dec 19, 2021 2:01 AM

Nov 2013
WTF i just watched? I mean, it's good enough, i'm gonna watch it to the end but...
First of all, Canada-Japan 4-5? Like, really? C'mon, don't be ridiculous...
Then, they do some idol performance on ice WITHOUT any skates. I don't know what to say. I don't think you can perform after an hour against Canada, also i'm not sure if you can walking on the ice without ice skates, let alone dancing around.
I'm not even asking why did they performed after the hockey game in the first place, it's anime, so, who cares.
And then... a dude?!?! In CGDCT anime? I see why this show has such low rating.
I like the characters and hockey is cool, but too many questions and this fucking idol shit is out of place, so i don't know what to expect...
GvendolineDec 19, 2021 8:33 AM
Dec 24, 2021 3:07 AM

Jun 2021
So, it's the first ice hockey right?

Ice hockey and idol...is it match or worse? Idk just a first episode and we'll see about that

It's so fun watching the girls practice the ice hockey.
CravenowlDec 24, 2021 3:40 AM
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Jan 5, 2022 6:11 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, third season of Love Live! Sunshine is looking quite good.
Jan 8, 2022 10:59 AM
Jul 2018
There is finally another anime about sports that hasn't been done to death and then it's mixed with some idol stuff for whatever reasons. Wat.
Jan 9, 2022 8:30 PM

Apr 2020
is this love live?

Feb 8, 2022 4:34 AM

Jul 2015
Not a big idol fan but CGDCT ice hockey seems like fun. Not sure how accurate it was but besides the stretch dance routine, I'm glad some of the basics were explained.

Feb 9, 2022 5:43 AM
Apr 2020
CaptainKenshiro said:
Did it spoil its finale right at the beginning? It totally did right? Anyways this is not my type of anime in the least so yeah, not reason for me to keep watching, hope you people enjoy it.

(The instrumental bgm during the episode was cool I think)

Good news, the opening sequence has no relevance to the plot whatsoever. As for the idol thing, it’s going to appear a few more times throughout the show. Yes, it’s easily the stupidest thing the show has to offer.
Romax24245Oct 9, 2022 7:47 AM
Feb 20, 2022 7:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
EDIT:

Sigh. I just like sports anime and like to especially be on the look out for team sports anime with girls as the players-- that isn't an ecchi. I am half excited and half wary because that opening part looked great... and then the victory dance came and I just wasn't sure. The thing is, my favorite thing about many sports anime are the struggles, character interactions, self and team development which sports anime often has. Those end up being the reward. The payoff. The thing I look forward to on and after the journey. When I saw the victory dance right after winning against some Canadian team (maybe they were baby Canadians in trench coats within hockey gear), it just seems like there's no way that would be earned for a bunch of girls who just got started. Then instead of really having that moment of winning together where they could intimate revel in that win, they just like... performed more. It doesn't feel like much of a meaningful reward to not have them go through those emotions of winning (or losing) together. It just feels like a pandering anime at that point. So I'm a little scared.

I'm also not sure why this trend of going through a tiring and stressful sport only to perform a stressful idol LIVE right after a win is a thing? I just want anyone who went through the stress of a sport to just rest after.;; Like, y'all have done enough. Please just sit down or properly cool down by walking around a little bit please.;;; Performing live while dancing is no easy feat either, so it just seems like too much for them. I know it's fictional so they don't have the same limitations, but when an anime works so hard to make a character feel human, it just makes it hard to not see their limitations as human as well.

I'm not as pumped for this as some of the other shows I've finally been able to start. The character designs are bland. No one really stands out personality-wise either. They just kinda have stock personalities without much to back them up so far. A bit of a boring cast. Hopefully that can be fixed as the anime goes on. Like legitimately the embroidery club could have been a pretty good opportunity to show a bit more about the characters. They only showed the result of the prettiest embroidered piece then only described some of the differences with the others. Each character could have been working on something different which could have given us a far better idea of who's who, what they like, maybe what they value (like if they were making something for someone else), and so on. For now, these characters are just... blah. They just feel very much the same. They all do the same embroidery. They all often come to the same consensus. They all sit around eating strawberries-- and yeah, while there was a little thing with the condensed milk versus eating them plain, it didn't really do anything. One could argue that the milk symbolizes the sister's desire to be more than her sister or whatever since they said the milk overpowers the taste of the strawberry (the sister having a red head/ichigo appearance), but it's just kinda meh when they seemed to agree on everything else. Not super impressed. The only character who stood out to me was Yoko. She's interesting mostly because she makes you think, "Hmm okay why is she so passionate about this personally?" I hope they go more into that. So far, these girls don't have much of a motivation so it's just not something to look forward to so far. They wanted to try something new. Okay cool. They tried something new. So now what? The anime didn't really give us much to look forward to when it comes to the girls themselves, only Yoko's idea. So I'm a bit worried.
SwiggyFeb 20, 2022 7:25 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 3, 2022 7:59 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Well the first goddamn scene in the anime already tells me all I need to know about the show. It seemed a bit promising with the hockey scenes but when it concluded and they suddenly broke out in song and dance in idiotic cosplay....I knew....I'm about to watch dog shit.
Aug 27, 1:00 PM

Mar 2019
Love Live with ice hockey.๐Ÿ’
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 10, 2021

25 by Jonas-K »»
Aug 28, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 20, 2021

26 by Jonas-K »»
Aug 27, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 13, 2021

53 by Jonas-K »»
Aug 27, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 1, 2021

17 by avacarrot »»
Aug 20, 5:23 PM

» Is it true to hockey rules

Foreall908 - May 14, 2023

2 by Escenity »»
May 15, 2023 12:20 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.