Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2021 6:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mami's notice of leave and moving out of town shocks everyone, especially Manaka since they've grown up together from young. Despite that, the New-Gen Dream Monkey team makes all the effort to make her last days a memorable one, including a match at the end of the semester, Dream Monkey fashion.

Getting Coach Yoko to help train them for a match in 2.5 months, she's finally got the chance to show off her coaching skills to the 6 girls. Giving everyone their ice hockey positions and training rightaway, it's easier said than done, and not for the faint-hearted of lacking stamina. Everyone's giving their all for the special moment.

Their opponent of Yamanashi Ice Hockey with a full established team, the New-Gen team can't afford to be shot down straight by morale at the very start. And just by that alone, being inflexible to a new experience cost them their training, but that's not the end. Going all out at the last period for Mami and scoring the predicable goal, even though they lost, it's a memory that they won't forget, especially between Mami and Manaka.

The Senior team will arrive next week, and as is for the series going forward.
KANLen09Oct 20, 2021 8:54 AM
Oct 20, 2021 7:45 AM

Feb 2020
"She shoots, she scores!"

It was nice to see the first match. Obviously, there is still a lot to learn, but they all love to play and they want to improve their skills and teamwork.

Beware, Canada! Hehe.

Bye bye, Mami... We will miss you. :´(

SerafosMar 11, 2:30 AM
Oct 20, 2021 8:28 AM

Apr 2014
Bye Bye Mami T.T 😢😢😢

The result of their first match was not surprised at all. They are a new team which formed just about three months ago. They're newbies with zero experience, no wonder why the result was outclassed. At least, they can score 1 point. Keep fighting! Dream Monkey.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 20, 2021 8:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's really sad for Mami how she left and cried in the train at the end... they all trained hard before their 1st match but they got rekt (it was to expect) but at least they scored one point so it's better than nothing xD
Oct 20, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2011
The final episode to get everyone into the hockey spirit arc. Sadly was Mami leaving.

Some would say they got destroyed, but a goal each 3,5 minutes against a experienced team I would say is satisfactory.

I love this running beside the train trope, this is truly a hot-blooded sports anime.

I would say we will see Mami at the end of the season, after all was a "Let's meet again." not a "bye bye".
Oct 20, 2021 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
Well at least they had some fun during the game even if that wasn't in their favor.
Their loss was expected seeing they played again experienced players but now they got to experience a match as well and hopefully that will help them in the next match.

Mami is gone tho but it seems the mystery girl is finally joining.
Oct 20, 2021 10:40 AM
Aug 2021
Hard to accept that Mami left. I guess they made good memories for her.

See you soon, Mami!!

Also, there is a new player who comes to play. She's a veteran, I think.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Oct 20, 2021 10:40 AM
Aug 2021
Hard to accept that Mami left. I guess they made good memories for her.

See you soon, Mami!!

Also, there is a new player who comes to play. She's a veteran, I think.

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Oct 20, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2021
Sayonara, Mami! Maybe she’ll come back in some later episodes I guess dattebayo. Episode was pretty good and we got to see the girls’s first match. Though they lost, Manaka got a goal in and they were all happy to play together in the end it seems. Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 20, 2021 1:03 PM
Apr 2021
A 9-1 game is actually pretty good for them considering their time playing. Those happen quite often during balancing, hell I have seen 17-0 game
Oct 20, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
Sayonara, Mami ? i assume shes coming back at some point kind odd to have my best friend is leaving arc drama when we hardly even know the characters

but hey shes being replaced by the cool pro duo main character and we got a hockey within 3 episodes

1-9 ant bad when i was expecting them to get worked
Oct 20, 2021 7:34 PM

Jun 2021
Cute episode, but I don't think people who are making this know too much about hockey.

First, I don't get why they let Ayaka play defense, when she is the smallest player on the team. Secondly, the idea of playing 30 minutes of hockey with 6 players is just insane. The wings will be vomiting in middle of the rink after 10 minutes straight on ice.

I guess what was most disappointing is the fact that they barely showed any hockey action scenes. I feel like most of the cuts were just a zoom on girls' face and they didn't show any wide angle shots.

The last scene between Manaka and Mami was sweet, except I don't get how Mami could hear Manaka yelling outside of a running train.
Oct 20, 2021 8:52 PM
Mar 2018
Erotaku_ said:
The last scene between Manaka and Mami was sweet, except I don't get how Mami could hear Manaka yelling outside of a running train.

I laughed so hard at that! I know it's supposed to be sentimental but it really felt like a stretch to have Manaka (who we've spent basically the whole episode watching reminisce about her close friendship with Mami and wanting to make some great final memories with Mami before she moves) for some mysterious reason now missing the sendoff of said childhood best friend just so they can have her chase down a moving train on a bike, correctly guess what side and car of the train Mami was in, and yell loudly enough to somehow be heard by Mami through the train windows and engine. Boy did that stamina training do wonders!
Oct 20, 2021 9:43 PM
Apr 2014
Maybe I’m overthinking this, but did anyone else think it was ironic that the character named Mami left the show on episode 3? Mami... episode 3... hmmm, seems familiar.
Oct 20, 2021 10:17 PM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Hopefully we're past the beginning set up stuff and the show starts to pick up from here. I don't think it's boring or whatever, but it seems like it's probably now going to start really getting into things. The first 2 episodes were alright, but this episode was definitely a bit of a boost for the series imo. It's probably obvious, but I'm curious if that other girl is going to switch to their team now as a replacement and how that might affect things.
Oct 20, 2021 10:49 PM

Oct 2016
That was a really good episode, I really liked how Mami's sendoff was done. They might have lost the match, but they won with the memories they've made. Nao being excited with the grandma's collection was really adorable.

Looks like we are finally officially gonna meet the last girl in the next episode. Looking forward to it.
Oct 21, 2021 9:21 AM
Dec 2019
This was honestly a nice and entertaining episode. I got pretty much everything I expected. A short but still good hockey match, wholesome moments between the friend circle, emotional scene and ofc some extra scenes like that manga one.
Although I think Mami will most probably return in upcoming episodes. I don't think they're going to waste her character like that. She was there in opening or ending song with other 5 girls and that mysterious girl. Speaking of mysterious girl, I think she'll join in next episode.
Oct 21, 2021 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Episode 3 was terrific! Of course some parts were silly, but it's good clean fun!

Mami left? But I'm sure I heard her say (in the Terminator voice) "I'll be back!" right at the end there...

Mami and Manaka didn't need to hear each other! They know what the other is saying 😎

The game was well done, they got massacred since they've never even played another opponent before! Scoring 1 goal was a victory, which the other team noticed too. Honestly though, the other team could have loaned them 5 players... fair play and all.

Not disappointed in the slightest, it's all I could have hoped for and more. 10 Pucks/10!
Oct 22, 2021 7:03 AM

Jul 2019
Wooooo, power of friendship. Sweet all around episode, now when Mami left us for some time we'll meet a new heroine.
Oct 24, 2021 11:14 PM
May 2019
Serafos said:
"She shoots, she scores!"

It was nice to see the first match. Obviously, there is still a lot to learn, but they all love to play and they want to improve their skills and teamwork.

Beware, Canada! Hehe...

Bye bye, Mami... We are going to miss you. :´(

That match was really well animated compared to other sport shows I’ve been watching. Climbing girls had so much still animation it felt more like an animatic then an anime
Oct 25, 2021 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
yoo about the match not too bad at all !!!

this very very interesting !!
Oct 27, 2021 12:24 PM

Mar 2008
BlichoBoy said:
Some would say they got destroyed, but a goal each 3,5 minutes against a experienced team I would say is satisfactory.

This is absolutely true. For a noob team playing ironman... err... irongirl hockey against a full, experienced team, 9-1 is an excellent result. I've been on both sides of that story, from being on the new team losing 14-1 to a few years later being the league champions feeling "meh" about stomping the noobs. This show is bringing back the memories.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Dec 20, 2021 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
I'm sure this farewell scene was purposely ridiculed. There is no way someone can take it seriously.
Training and the game were extremely rushed. We saw some half-assed montage of something. You can't show training like this, we never saw them grow or overcome some difficulties, they just "trained really good" off screen.
And what kind of game that was? Ten experienced field players plus two goalies against five fielders plus one goalie and only two of them played hockey before! Kinda unfair if you ask me!
So i assume they are gonna meet again but Mami will play against Manaka's team.
Next episode, finally, cool long haired girl will join the team.

Dec 24, 2021 6:47 AM

Jun 2021
It's nice to see a match. Even they lost, they still got one point in last period.

See you soon,Mami. I assume that she will be back.

And, there's a new player in the next episode. Cool
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Jan 7, 2022 11:58 AM

Jul 2016
Another Mami that leave us in a third episode. Damn...
Feb 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Jul 2015
Despite the defeat, at least they managed to score a point in their first game before Mami leaves.

More topics from this board

» Is it true to hockey rules

Foreall908 - May 14, 2023

2 by Escenity »»
May 15, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 15, 2021

12 by Foreall908 »»
May 14, 2023 8:00 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 1, 2021

15 by Destroyer31 »»
May 6, 2023 10:44 PM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 3, 2021

22 by Destroyer31 »»
May 6, 2023 10:30 AM

Poll: » Puraore! Pride of Orange Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Nov 24, 2021

18 by Romax24245 »»
Apr 10, 2023 11:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.