Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 9, 2021 7:50 PM

Sep 2014
I don't like having a big drop list (same with Asian dramas) except anime is generally shorter so I'm more likely to still complete it anyways except for Gintama, it feels like I "dropped" it many years ago already when I put it on hold, now I'm only trying to complete it just for the sake of completing it

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Sep 9, 2021 8:06 PM

Jul 2021
nope i just need one reason to not go outside and stay in my house
FREE BOBUX LINK CLICKhttps://youtu.be/fcZXfoB2f70VERY REAL NOT SCAM NOT CLICKBAIT😱😱🥶🥶👌👌👌👌
Sep 9, 2021 8:12 PM
Apr 2021
eli_shmeli said:
yeah, I suppose I really should 😅. The problem is my friends mostly watch Shonen, so I'll watch with them or because they told me to watch it
lmao fair
I've tried watching a fair few of my friends' recommendations, and quite often they can turn out to be complete trash
Sep 9, 2021 8:13 PM

Jun 2020
I haven't dropped any anime so far, you can see that I have 160+ entries in my hold list, it's not disguised drop lists. To make it more clear it's not anime that I put on hold even though it's called hold list. I use that list for different purpose. Anime which I haven't seen for a while are still in my watch list.
Dropping a anime is not bad. People should watch what they enjoy but I have seen people who like to drop almost everything, I am not saying it's bad but on extreme cases when they run out of anime to drop then they even drop anime which they are enjoying.
I am curious, you have dropped more anime than you have completed, did you make this thread just to clear out your inferiority by telling people to drop more anime so that you can justify for yourself that you made right call by dropping more than actually completing it.
Sep 9, 2021 8:59 PM

Jan 2020
Nah, I'm ok.

But manga on the other side, I have more drops than almost every profile I encounter

Sep 9, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
ManWild said:
Nah, I'm ok.

But manga on the other side, I have more drops than almost every profile I encounter

Kinda king behavior

(30 characters)
Sep 9, 2021 10:54 PM

Aug 2014
It's been over a month since I last did so.
Thanks for the reminder ;)
Sep 9, 2021 11:11 PM
May 2019
No, I want to finish all my anime. Good or bad because typically I can find something I like from it
Sep 9, 2021 11:14 PM

Mar 2008
I usually dont wind up watching anything I wouldnt like so no need to drop.
Sep 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Feb 2018
Ähm no, why care about what others do?

I don't drop mostly because it's not that hard to finish a show with 12 or 24 Episodes. And at the end i can be sure if it's really bad (in my opinion) or not. At least i can say i gave it a fair chance and didn't drop something after 1 or 2 episodes.
No one should drop that early, it's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie. You can't say anything about the movie, in that case.
S0ulSp4deSep 10, 2021 1:21 AM
Sep 9, 2021 11:21 PM

Dec 2020
well I don't drop shows that I start watching

because I know I will like it's according to my taste

I don't get into shows that at some point of time might drop it
Sep 9, 2021 11:22 PM

Jul 2012
No. People should do their hobbies the way they want.
If you ask me, you drop way too many shows for the amount you have watched, but if you like it that way then hey... you do you.
Sep 9, 2021 11:23 PM

Feb 2020
I dont maintain a drop list. so its all a mess. tbh I dont even want to. first of all I feel shit seeing large no of dropped anime.
AdampkSep 9, 2021 11:40 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 10, 2021 12:21 AM

Oct 2020
Thank You, I needed that .

Sep 10, 2021 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
HikariShoumeiron said:
No. People should do their hobbies the way they want.
If you ask me, you drop way too many shows for the amount you have watched, but if you like it that way then hey... you do you.

You are somewhat right, but to be fair to myself a significant portion of those dropped shows are either Seasonals I knew nothing about or suggestions from friends.
Sep 10, 2021 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
S0ulSp4de said:

I don't drop mostly because it's not that hard to finish a show with 12 or 24 Episodes. And at the end i can be sure if it's really bad (in my opinion) or not. At least i can say i gave it a fair chance and didn't drop something after 1 or 2 episodes.
No one should drop that early, it's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie. You can't say anything about the movie, in that case.

Edit: It's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie and just stop it because it's bad. Story, World and Characters need sometimes a build up. So give it a real fair chance.

I give at least 3 eps, most of the time 5. It might say otherwise on my Mal but that's simply because I don't update episodically
Sep 10, 2021 12:39 AM

May 2018
I have 35.76% drops so I think I am dropping enough.
Sep 10, 2021 12:43 AM

Aug 2017
You shouldn't drop more shows.

I honestly do not understand why people wouldn't want to finish every single show they ever try. Yeah, sometimes it's bad to stick with it, especially if a friend says "its trash" or something. But some shows you can't pretty much tell within the first few eps if they're good or simply its for you.

What people often do is they feel so compelled to not complete all their shows that they simply fill their Dropped lists. What people seem to understand is if you put it on your Dropped list you can't always come back, and that way there's more pressure to do so, so it'll make you enjoy it less if you do.

Idk, people on here can be pretty set in stone. I personally hate dropping shows. It's so freeing to just say "eh... It's for me" and continue. And yeah, you can 100% garentee a show is awful if you have finished it, but you can't at least know you enjoy it, and sometimes an objective view is a better argument than a subjective one anyways.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 10, 2021 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
You shouldn't drop more shows.

I honestly do not understand why people wouldn't want to finish every single show they ever try. Yeah, sometimes it's bad to stick with it, especially if a friend says "its trash" or something. But some shows you can't pretty much tell within the first few eps if they're good or simply its for you.

What people often do is they feel so compelled to not complete all their shows that they simply fill their Dropped lists. What people seem to understand is if you put it on your Dropped list you can't always come back, and that way there's more pressure to do so, so it'll make you enjoy it less if you do.

Idk, people on here can be pretty set in stone. I personally hate dropping shows. It's so freeing to just say "eh... It's for me" and continue. And yeah, you can 100% garentee a show is awful if you have finished it, but you can't at least know you enjoy it, and sometimes an objective view is a better argument than a subjective one anyways.

I am... at a loss for words. That was hilarious, thank you
Sep 10, 2021 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
alshu said:
I have 35.76% drops so I think I am dropping enough.

Hey nice job, keep up the good work! (30 characters)
Sep 10, 2021 1:12 AM

May 2021
It's just elitism. Let people feel like their opinions would matter more on the forums if they have 0 anime in their dropped list even though they're just faking it by not recording anything in their dropped stuffs.
Sep 10, 2021 1:16 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
eli_shmeli said:
I honestly do not understand why people would want to finish every single show they ever try. Yeah, sometimes it's good to stick with it, especially if a friend says "it gets better around ep 20" or something. But some shows you can pretty much tell within the first few eps if they're bad or simply not for you.

What people often do is they feel so compelled to complete all their shows that they simply turn their On Hold list, or worse yet their Watching list into disguised Dropped lists. What people don't seem to understand is if you put it on your Dropped list you can always come back, and that way there's less pressure to do so, so it'll make you enjoy it more if you do.

Idk, people on here can be pretty set in stone. I personally love dropping shows. It's so freeing to just say "eh... It's not for me" and move on. And yeah, you can't 100% garentee a show is awful if you haven't finished it, but you can at least know you didn't enjoy it, and sometimes a subjective view is a better argument than an objective one anyways.

You are right and I agree, so? KEKW ^^
Sep 10, 2021 1:22 AM

Nov 2020
I never drop a single anime on MAL, not because I love it but I very picky to choose anime to watch and I don't want to waste my time watching anime that I didn't enjoy it.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Sep 10, 2021 1:28 AM

Oct 2008
If you complete anime, you felt deserved to be dropped. You will burn yourself out.
Sep 10, 2021 1:33 AM

Jul 2020
i sometimes drop shows too unless someone says "it gets better" or sum. thank god i did not drop steins gate or clannad, sometimes udk if the anime is for you or not until u watch all of it, also when u finish it you can convinve ppl easily that its bad since u watched the whole thing.
Sep 10, 2021 1:34 AM

Jul 2020
real chads don't drop anime.

they put it on hold forever
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Sep 10, 2021 1:35 AM

Feb 2018
eli_shmeli said:
S0ulSp4de said:

Edit: It's like watching the first 5 minutes of a movie and just stop it because it's bad. Story, World and Characters need sometimes a build up. So give it a real fair chance.

I give at least 3 eps, most of the time 5. It might say otherwise on my Mal but that's simply because I don't update episodically

I personally think after 5 episodes you can finished it. It's not that hard and even with an average anime you can find enjoyment. It's different when an anime has more than 30 episodes but most are in general 12 or 24/26. Especially if you watched Eromanga-Sensei with a score of 4 but you can't finish Air with a score of 6 and 12 episodes?
It seems a bit forced just to drop many stuff because you feel superior about others (like me) who think their time isn't that prescious.

At the same time, who am I to judge your approach? You should have fun with your free time, the same as I have. People are different, you like to drop, i don't.
Sep 10, 2021 1:41 AM

Aug 2017
VampireSylphy said:
It's just elitism. Let people feel like their opinions would matter more on the forums if they have 0 anime in their dropped list even though they're just faking it by not recording anything in their dropped stuffs.

Elitism has nothing to do with not dropping anime lol
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 10, 2021 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
I have a dropped rate of 4% approx., by next year, I'll try to reduce it to it's half. Regarding dropping anime, it depends upon what is you standard of dropping, looking at your list, it seems 5-6/10 ? I don't drop it unless it's 2-3/10.
Sep 10, 2021 1:44 AM

Jun 2020
eli_shmeli said:
deg said:
if you drop a lot of shows it shows how bad you are at looking for the right anime for your taste
that honestly is a valid criticism. However, I'll never know for sure if I dislike something without trying it, and I like to try a lot of things. I find it fun.

That's why I like dropping shows, it allows me to try a bunch without getting bogged down. It's the buffet of anime.

bro you have 62 dropped and 49 completed... no problem with this but umh why?
Sep 10, 2021 1:54 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
yeah i really should.

but to be honest, i find it kind of hard a lot of the time, there are shows that i can pretty confidently see are not for me very early on, but still hope that there might be some enjoyment to be had of them because they're from a genre i find fun, or they got recommended to me by friends, i'm interested to see what happens with the cliffhanger, or character X and so on.

due to this though, i sometimes watch 5, 6, 8 or even complete shows that are just bland, boring or bad, when my time would have been better served elsewhere. it also becomes a bit of a habit regarding seasonals, i like to follow stuff weekly and have something to do for 20 minutes when an episode drops on a set particular day, so it becomes very easy, or i'm even compelled by my own OCD to follow through on a show that is not good, but also not the worst for me.

it's just a lot easier most of the time for me to continue a show like that instead of starting something new from my plan to watch or otherwise, that i'd probably like more, but is also an unknown entity and feels more like a commitment.

i do think that for me at least that is a very solid advice and i aim to drop more (or just pick up less trash) moving forward.
Sep 10, 2021 1:56 AM
Jan 2018
It depends how much time people have
Sep 10, 2021 1:59 AM

Dec 2020
I haven’t really gotten to the point where I feel like I needed to drop a show. I mostly wanted to finish every show that I watch. (With some exceptions: Mirai Nikki, Monster Musume, FLCL, NGE)
But I have a reason to why I finish all of them.
Mirai Nikki: A friend recommendedit to me and I didn’t like it so I needed to see all of it to actually provide solid aruguments to why I disliked it.
Monster Musume: I had like three more episodes left so why not
FLCL: it’s literally only 6 episodes, I’ll survive. I just finished it in a day.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: It felt like something I needed to watch, despite how boring and confusing it was.

Sep 10, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2020
I personally found dropping shows kinda useless, unless it's somethin really atrocious like Mars of Destruction, Ex-Arm etc..
Sep 10, 2021 2:11 AM

Jun 2020
VampireSylphy said:

Yup, everything is about elitism.
Now don't tell me watching anime is also elitism.
Sep 10, 2021 2:12 AM
Dec 2020
I drop an anime whenever I think it sucks, but sometimes I continue a disappointing anime when I am way too curious about how it ends.
Sep 10, 2021 2:29 AM

Jul 2020
Ill drop my the shows that i'm watching if i dont like it, got a lot of stuff on hold but ill eventually watch it
Sep 10, 2021 2:35 AM
May 2021
Imagine if you dropped a show, then you tell your friend that you've dropped it and tell your opinion that "I didn't like it because x and y." Surely he'll backfire you with "Haha you didn't even finished it, how dare you talk shit about it blah blah blah"
Sep 10, 2021 2:47 AM
Dec 2019
This is an eternal debate in the anime community, huh?

I like to try many shows, even if they are in genres I usually don't watch. You never know if you might find something interesting. But to do that, of course there is a need due to time constraints to drop shows and often drop them fast.

I find it is usually quite obvious in the first couple of episodes whether it is something I could enjoy or not. Of course there are always cases where it gets "good later", but I am not that sold on that argument. If I consider, for example, the characters and writing in Remake Our Lives mediocre in the first episode, I'm not sure I want to sit through 6 oder 7 more to get to the twist "where it gets good".

And to add to that... there is just an abundance of anime (and other ways to spend free time), and many good shows of previous decades to watch. So I am really not that sad to drop a show which *might* be eventually good.
Sep 10, 2021 3:05 AM

Feb 2021
i feel like you have a problem if you need to drop too muh shows, it means you can't tell waht shws are for you or you also watch shows you know you wont like just for dropping them, if i know i don't like high school comedies i don't watch them same with horrors, so despite i have no problems for dropping my drop list is almost empty compared to that of some people
Sep 10, 2021 3:11 AM

Feb 2021
VampireSylphy said:
i sincerely doubt thats what elitism is, but ocnsidering that on mal you will be called an elitist for not liking a show someone else like i should have expected that someone would have bought up this term
Sep 10, 2021 3:32 AM

Jun 2009
Don't tell me what to do.

Pick your shows better.
Sep 10, 2021 4:37 AM

Mar 2020
I dont drop unless the anime is really, really utter garbage. Therefore, even if it's bad, ill finish it, because I dont like dropping.
Sep 10, 2021 4:51 AM
Jun 2021
I drop the shows I hate the guts of,I probably shouldn't have I say in this because I just watch anything,and by anything I mean ANYTHING.

That's literally how I found my favorite anime and manga.
Sep 10, 2021 5:06 AM
May 2020
Mostly all of the shows I've watched were good anyway
Sep 10, 2021 5:16 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'd rather watch the anime on half screen while surfing the web on the other half than dropping a show. I don't know why.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Sep 10, 2021 5:31 AM

Jan 2021
i should, probably, but i feel bad if i don't give anime a chance unless it's like super duper bad or boring. plus i enjoy most anime i watch because i'm a stupid dumb baby.

blockberry creative will pay for its crimes

Sep 10, 2021 6:00 AM

Aug 2019
i wish i could listen but the clap of Snake's butt cheeks keeps distracting meh ;p

Sep 10, 2021 6:10 AM

Mar 2017
I forced myself to watch shows I hated back in 2017 which caused me to have a 2 year anime break so agreed!
Sep 10, 2021 6:19 AM

Sep 2018
I usually watch the first one or two episodes before deciding. With only one to two episodes watched there's no point in even having it on your list. I just remove them entirely.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9132 by Tatsugaia88 »»
20 minutes ago

» Summer 2024 Season

OldLoser - Yesterday

28 by ST63LTH »»
22 minutes ago

» Idolizing Villains

SimplyBrazen - 1 hour ago

7 by Guilmon1 »»
23 minutes ago

» If the world was ending tomorrow

JoeChip - Yesterday

28 by Chronon »»
44 minutes ago

» Do y'all fw Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

IssyBoy - Jun 17

74 by mshfqtny »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.