Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 29, 2018 9:49 PM

Dec 2017
I actually really liked the open ended nature of the ending. It kind of fit into the themes of the show and what it was trying to explore.

I thought the song that played during the credits was also really good. The ominous, almost eerie tone of it matched well with the dark parts of the show.
Mar 31, 2018 3:43 PM
Dec 2017
Wow, I just read that the anime covered the entire manga so ep. 24 was the true end. I'm cool with the opened ended ending. It's up to everyone imagination to decide what happens next. I thought Koko's black outfit was fitting because she turned into an evil villain. I mean she was willing to kill 700,000 people so she was kind of evil. I'm kinda surprised tho, I thought someone or some nation would try and stop her plan. I thought she would be kill in the end. I wasn't surprised when she turned evil, the author was dropping hints all thru the 2nd season about that.

I really enjoyed this series, what sticks out for me was the realism. And when I say realism. I mean the locations, vehicles, geopolitical situations and weapons were accurate depictions of real places and things. I loved the diverse cast and the author's attention to details was nice.

Koko was my favorite character in the series. I liked Koko even more when she turned evil. TBH I really didn't care for Jonah. When they were lunching Jormungand quantum computer to space, Kasper said that it wouldn't be the end of weapons. And that he'd still be able to continue on as a arms dealer even if it means selling axes and wooden clubs. Kasper was quite the hustle. I agree with Kasper, Humans will always find a way to kill each other.

Well it over T_T... I'm going to miss Jormungand and all its characters. Especially Koko, Valmet, basically all the ladies from the cast. I give Jormungand a 9/10.
Apr 30, 2018 9:53 AM
Jun 2011
Honestly? Not a fan of the ending. The more the season progressed the more I came to dislike Koko. I can kind of understand why Jonah came back, but I really wish he hadn't. I think he should have been the one to stop her.
But I guess the whole point of the show is that it's all a gray area.
I can appreciate the open ending though.
Oct 10, 2018 10:22 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty rushed ending unfortunately; it tried to do too much in 20 minutes. I wanted to see Jormungand activating and its aftermath.

Perfect Order was decent, but noticeably worse than the first half. 6.5/10

Dec 9, 2018 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
dam i want Jormungand live action made by US with Asian chars but R obviously American & scarecrow & chocolate American Lutz maybe American or half American, rest are Asian, cause so far all small live action adaptations made by Jap havn't been that good, either US or Jap, or Jap & Us co-op project & live action series, i just want to see this SH in live action :D & that's about the main cast, or made by Sony
Sugram22Dec 10, 2018 7:23 AM
Dec 10, 2018 10:55 AM

Sep 2012
TheKoopaKing said:
Wow, I just read that the anime covered the entire manga so ep. 24 was the true end. I'm cool with the opened ended ending. It's up to everyone imagination to decide what happens next. I thought Koko's black outfit was fitting because she turned into an evil villain. I mean she was willing to kill 700,000 people so she was kind of evil. I'm kinda surprised tho, I thought someone or some nation would try and stop her plan. I thought she would be kill in the end. I wasn't surprised when she turned evil, the author was dropping hints all thru the 2nd season about that.

I really enjoyed this series, what sticks out for me was the realism. And when I say realism. I mean the locations, vehicles, geopolitical situations and weapons were accurate depictions of real places and things. I loved the diverse cast and the author's attention to details was nice.

Koko was my favorite character in the series. I liked Koko even more when she turned evil. TBH I really didn't care for Jonah. When they were lunching Jormungand quantum computer to space, Kasper said that it wouldn't be the end of weapons. And that he'd still be able to continue on as a arms dealer even if it means selling axes and wooden clubs. Kasper was quite the hustle. I agree with Kasper, Humans will always find a way to kill each other.

Well it over T_T... I'm going to miss Jormungand and all its characters. Especially Koko, Valmet, basically all the ladies from the cast. I give Jormungand a 9/10.

more like Anti-Hero, what would u do if u have a choice to save 700k ppl or hole world of ppl u would sacrifice the 700k & that's what she did 700k ppl to save more ppl in the long run, to make the world safer, i would even call that a hero, different type a hero, some1 who fight for world peace & achieves world peace is a hero (heroes also have tough choices & who are not willing to make will fail), but that's when it comes to anime, in real life this plan would fail cause what even Caspar said to her (not to mention no space programs that can save our lives in future), but Anti-Hero is worse what u can call her :)

@TomDay

she said this yes, but she decided to w8 until Jonah gives her hes answer, she didn't want to do it without him

about what u said with ferry large letters, yea it sucks we wont see the aftermath

but my idea would have been better, to what she has on land there are Robots controlled by Jormungand &t hey don't let war happen, cause Kaspar has a point & she would need that to fill the hole or plot hole or how to call it for what Kaspar mentioned, last words may refresh ur memory, there is always a bigger stick

but still 10/10 both seasons cause despite the flaws its well done
Sugram22Dec 10, 2018 1:44 PM
Dec 16, 2018 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
this anime was boring, imo.

TechOtakuDec 16, 2018 2:10 PM
Jan 4, 2019 3:32 PM

Sep 2014
Not showing the immediate effects of Jormungand really killed the ending for me, you build something up for 24 eps and not show it? really? Smh. Also she really thinks controlling the skies will stop wars? Lmao that logic yikes.

5/10.
davinci12Jan 4, 2019 3:37 PM
May 1, 2019 10:09 PM
Feb 2019
Despite what other people say, I liked the ending!
It's just the pacing and execution of it that was done weirdly. The episode where the plan regarding Jormungand was revealed to the group and Jonah bolted out of there felt more like a good place to end the season.

Then the third season follows Jonah with Kasper for two years and his eventual reunion with Koko. I mean to me that feels more natural. I didn't mind the reunion and understood why they were there. I just have this strange feeling that it came to this conclusion and reunion scene much too soon.

I would have appreciated a much grittier tone showing some of the worst that humanity has to offer. Showing the many different reasons people use weapons and start wars. But at the end of the day, war is still war. It's destructive and brings nothing but hatred and more conflict down the line.

Jonah is a great character and I feel he can carry the show as long as he's with someone and watching their character and engaging in some kick ass action. It would've been nice to watch the evolution in his thinking and his realization that despite his extreme hatred for weapons and the destruction they cause he cannot let them go. Also seeing him watch the world continue to devolve into war and constantly wondering if Koko is truly a necessary evil. The moral questions and questions of the future are very interesting and thought provoking. Also I really wanted to see his developing partnership with Kasper's group. There was so much great potential here.

Koko sure was an interesting protagonist and anti-villain. Her plan may be questionable with holes in the logic, but it didn't bother me too much as I was more interested in the characters and great action sequences. At least Kasper brought up the point that no matter what, weapons can still be made and bought, and war can still be fought.

I actually appreciate and applaud the writer for continuing forward and ending on the plan staying the same and Jormungand being activated. Making it completely different from the usual story following an anti-villain with a questionable end game plan.

It's a perfect ending, leaving us to wonder about the future Koko would bring upon this world. Western audiences are just too used to their shows and movies that end with everything having some kind of resolution.
Eastern audiences are used to their stories having no resolution and it can make or break a story depending on the writing and execution.
For me Jormungand basically skipped to the ending and left out very important character development and a chunk of the story.

I enjoyed this series none the less. It had great action, characters, AWESOME MUSIC, and a well told (for the most part) underlining story.

8/10
May 16, 2019 1:11 AM
Mar 2018
A pretty much forced ending! I get it there was nothing much left in the story apart from the launching of Jormungand in the space. But we never really get to experience the activation and usage of Jormungand apart from the glimpse that threw off the navy seal of its course. Well in the end they could have shown us some gun slinging action. I was waiting for it. I was a bit disappointed was for the fact the episode actually ended midway. The rest was just to fill the screen time with stills and a peek at all the characters we encountered in the course of the series.
Jun 16, 2019 2:05 AM
Nov 2018
Just feels like a tease of an ending. Like they could have used another 6 episodes. I think keeping hte pacing tight is good but I don't love how people roll over and die in this anime. Something going tits up could be entertaining.

Plus we just got served up teh question and idea- the author didn't bother thinking through and offering what he thought would happen or how the pieces would move. Concept was good in the end.

Characterwise, Jonah doesnt do enough to justify his existence. Koko teases at facing more tension and development but just... doesnt. blarhg

Worse black lagoon indeed.
Dec 9, 2019 7:45 PM
Aug 2019
Not a fan of the open ending of everything Novel Manga Movie Anime. It feels like i don't know the true answer of what i'm watching.

So, I'll give this episode 4/10, All season 2 episodes 6/10 and Overall series 8/10.
Apr 23, 2020 11:12 PM

Feb 2011
Wow, what a godawful ending. Honestly gave this second season a try because I missed some good old Black Lagoon anime action but it was kind of a waste of time except some cool moments here and there...
May 7, 2020 6:10 AM
May 2020
Koko tell us the indoneasia will infighting with china etnic. And yes, it really happened in 2 12 2017. And we call it 212 moment.
May 13, 2020 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
How lame.

Both seasons felt like they were lacking something, albeit, I liked season 1 (6/10) more than season 2 (5/10). I thought this season started out strong but completely lost itself with, ironically, the Jormungand crap.

And also, Koko is a creepy pedo, wtf.

The ending was crap. No way they were going to pull off a quality ending with all that hype. And...NOPE. They didn't.

Very few shows, be they anime, live-action or otherwise, have good endings. And this is just another example of a bad ending.

This show felt kind of Black Lagoon-y to me, except I liked it a little more than Black Lagoon (5/10 both seasons). So long, not really gonna miss ya.
Aug 14, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2020
Same Idea. Ending was fine and Jormungand is activated. Peace of world start. Jonah back to Koko again. A lot of argument and everything is fine. 8/10 worth to watch.
Nov 10, 2020 10:20 AM
May 2020
I would say the ending was to some extent bad but the it left the massive expression about the real world that one can't get anything accomplished unless everyone gives effort for it. Like koko tried to pull off all the fightings and on the other hand, Kasper told her the ways he can sell weaponry and there many more like kasper. But overall I enjoyed the show very much with the unique genre. So 9/10 for me.
Dec 4, 2020 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
The ending was better than I thought, although the ending here is same as the manga. It was pretty rough seeing the world going into chaos during that two year timeskip but with the increase of weapons and desire for power by many organizations across the globe, it's not shocking whatsoever. Atleast Jonah was able to go back to Koko and the crew, and Jormungand being activated too after two years like that.

The ending is an open ending, and ends the same way in the manga with Jonah narrating about travelling with Koko Hekmatyar as she presses the button, activating the project in Azerbaijan. While I would wish to see what would eventually happen with that press of a button, the open ending approach did intrigue me a bit as it leaves it to self-interpretation. Not a great way to complete a story after a 24 episode build, but good enough to still be fascinating nonetheless and not leave a bad taste in my mouth, as it leaves a solid enough amount to openly interpret what would happen in our minds.

Overall, I enjoyed the show. It's not perfectly written and starts off a bit slow with the multiple arc approach that meandered a bit, but the arcs themselves were mostly entertaining and I loved the characters the show produced. Even the music was excellent for the most part (although some tracks were too random), and I love the character designs. It was a pretty thrilling show with some real highs and minor lows.
I'd give the second season an 8-8.5/10 since I have barely anything to complain about this season, as Koko was fucking great here and the crew was good as usual.
animejasDec 18, 2020 3:53 PM
Feb 1, 2021 8:02 PM
Sep 2019
So at the end of the day, we don’t even get to see what Jormungand accomplished which leaves a lot to be desired and we’re not even given a full picture of it’s capabilities. I don’t know about all the “more peaceful world” talk because in reality she’s only taking one aspect of war away. War has long been fought on the ground and ocean and took just as many lives. Moreover, Jonah returning didn’t make all that much sense to me. I’d have much preferred if he managed to throw his weapons away and trekked the world on his lonesome to really experience the world Koko sought to make by fulfilling her plans. His return defeated the purpose of him leaving in the first place. He’s literally given a gun and a mission as soon as he comes back. Nothing has changed. Can’t say I enjoyed season 2 all that much. It was barely decent for the most part and when Koko revealed her plans really killed any expectations I had for the ending which was mediocre to say the least.
Mar 9, 2021 9:21 AM
Aug 2020
The A-Team lead by a female Tony Stark is how I would describe this show. Overall I'd give both seasons a 6/10. Entertaining action show, but nothing more. I am also impressed how well it followed the manga, this is definitely a very faithful adaptaion, props for that!
Jul 10, 2021 7:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The ending felt a bit rushed, I know that it follows the manga, but I think they could have extended it over a couple of episodes and give it a bit more oomph.

overall a great and enjoyable ride. A shame they don't do more shows like this. Its either Black Lagoon or this. And Whenever I read someone bashing this show, I go into their favourites and find either the most generic popular self insert shounen shows or magical girl/isekai shows. No wonder they hate it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2021 2:36 PM

Aug 2015
Not a fan of the ending, killed the show for me. It's just too nonsensical for me to not think about.

The writer realizes that both world wars were fought before the internet and hacking were a thing, right? Sure, Jormungand would be a pain in the ass and effectively 'nerf' military technology to pre-internet capabilities, but it would absolutely not stop war. Ships have sailed and planes have flown long before electronic computers existed.

The concept that Jormungand can just hack the planet to peace is too absurd for me to swallow. Unless Jormungand can somehow hack the human brain, it can not & will not stop war. It will only put a speed bump on modern war.

Taking out Jormungand is as easy as constructing an anti-satellite missile to launch into the path of Jormungand's orbit & knock it out. As long as the missile has zero connectivity, it can not be hacked and Jormungand is toast.

Poorly thought out conclusion and ending, 4/10 for this season. I rated season one 7/10.
Feb 26, 2022 12:27 PM
Dec 2021
good. Greninja. Quantum.
May 9, 2022 2:40 PM

May 2016
This season went from really good to good then mediocre in the last few eps.

quite disappointed 6/10
May 13, 2022 6:40 AM

Nov 2016
Raizel said:
This season went from really good to good then mediocre in the last few eps. quite disappointed 6/10
The last couple of episodes were fire. The open ending recarding Jormungand just doesn't feel all that satisfying after all the build up if you're looking for a conventional story. Conceptually and thematically it offered food for thought and it's nice to leave things to the viewer, tho. Kasper was also spitting.

Jonah's character arc on the other hand could've used more focus on him, but the closure he got delivered 7/10 The cast is likeable af, but would've needed another season for a higher score.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2022 9:52 AM

May 2016
FMmatron said:
Raizel said:
This season went from really good to good then mediocre in the last few eps. quite disappointed 6/10
The last couple of episodes were fire. The open ending recarding Jormungand just doesn't feel all that satisfying after all the build up if you're looking for a conventional story. Conceptually and thematically it offered food for thought and it's nice to leave things to the viewer, tho. Kasper was also spitting.

Jonah's character arc on the other hand could've used more focus on him, but the closure he got delivered 7/10 The cast is likeable af, but would've needed another season for a higher score.
It could have been so much better with more time.
Jun 9, 2022 6:29 PM
Mar 2022
Two years have passed since Jonah left Koko and began working for Kasper. Just as Koko predicted, war is breaking out across the world, leading to World War III...

I'm glad Jonah ultimately decided to leave Kasper, to rejoin Koko and the gang again...

Koko has finally completed her gaol launching "Jormungand" into space, making her in a sense a living god on earth...

Sadly the reason there wasn't a third season. Is because this episode ends exactly where the manga ended. Sadly the author only wrote 11 volumes, leaving the ending of the future fate of the world to the reader's imagination. Wish he would've continued the Manga but oh well wishful thinking never hurt anyone though...
Nov 30, 2022 11:04 AM
May 2011
Between the kiss and Koko's plan, episode 10 ruined the series for me.
Jan 20, 2023 6:42 AM

Dec 2020
Kiss was whack but the more I think about it I doubt it was anything romantic or sexual. Seems like she predicts everything and coulda been part of a plot or she is basically crazy. At the end scene she literally did a mad villain pose.

But with it being super open ended I don't think anything changed. After Kasper's speech I think everyone is going to stick with their ideals no matter what. Koko still trying force peace, Jonah being idealistic still just placing his bets on Koko, and Kasper and I think the rest of the world will always find new means to fight.

Overall this was a great series.
Apr 8, 2023 6:05 AM
Apr 2014
Wow. Just wow.

That end fucking sucked. Big time. Almost ruined the entire thing for me...

Koko became WAY too arrogant. It's not even funny. The fact that Lutz was the only one that questioned this plan even in the slightest was super disappointing. And I really would have liked to hear Lehm's opinion on it. Really unfortunate that this was not given. Killing 700 000 who have zero stakes in the game in the name of "peace". Ridiculous. The only guy who's response made any sense was Mao. It's fair to say a mercenary doesn't care and just does it for the money. The other guys were really kind of weird about it. Valmet was never going to disagree with anything Koko suggests so her opinion was a given. The rest though.

And I have to say I never thought I'd like Kaspar more than Koko but that final really drove that home... Kaspar absolutely recognized reality. And in general his attitude was a lot more interesting than Koko's in this second season. Chiquita was pretty cool as well. The assassination attempt at Kaspar in the hotel was pretty fun to watch.

Coming to my biggest disappointment of this final episode - even though it was expectable. Jonah just returning to Koko is a fucking shame. He was right to question her becoming a mass-murderer in the name of "peace". So much for R's mention at the start of the season along the lines of "Jonah is the one preventing Koko from turning into a monster". I totally understand him leaving Kaspar's team again but joining up with Koko was sad to see. In the end she got everything she wanted without having to sacrifice anything.
Aug 29, 2023 7:11 AM

Nov 2010
Women can do whatever they want, but it always feels like a big loss for me whenever they cut their beautiful long hair. Oh well. IMO, women should always keep their hair long!

NUSSR could've happened if Putin won a swift victory over Ukraine.
Karen kept her hair long. She's so beautiful!

So why did Jonah leave and delay Jormungand for two years? He really needed all that time to think and see how mad the world would become. But! I'm glad this show didn't follow the cliche of former friends/lovers duking it out because their ideals clashed. I'm glad Jormungand was activated in the end, and I'm sure that brought peace to their world to some extent. Also, my opinion of Jonah changed. He's a sensible person, after all. Thanks to that unexpected outcome, my score went up, even though the season ended in a whimper.

There are also massive plotholes, but I'm willing to suspend disbelief.
Apr 28, 9:01 PM

May 2021
Wasn’t expecting the timeskip but the reunion is nice
Not exactly the ending I was expecting
Karva1Apr 28, 9:20 PM
Inhales oxygen
May 2, 2:57 PM

Nov 2020
let’s be real. the plan was retarded and wouldn’t come anywhere close to working. still somewhat more thought provoking than most action schlock, so i’ll give it that.
May 10, 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
Wait! Don't we get a glimpse of the new world?

Kasper is absolutely right though. Closing off the sky doesn't mean humans will stop going to war. War existed before the sky was obtainable to humans. It will however reduce the massive scale of damage. Maybe Koko is counting on humans laziness after they got comfortable with the easy life of modern technology that they would find the old ways of war troublesome and quit.

I feel this season was way better than the previous one. I don't feel if it's because I'm already familiar with the setting, or because this season was more cohesive.
Niveen_SleemMay 10, 1:47 PM
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 3, 10:54 AM
Aug 2020
Underrated anime. Glad I decided to finish watching this! The open-ended nature of the ending is much, much better than being stuck in a cliffhanger like the anime 'Jipang' or some other shows that I cannot remember, atm. Hope you enjoyed watching this show, unknown future forum discussion page visitor!
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every people is when the night come and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours is their real personality"
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2012

86 by Niveen_Sleem »»
May 9, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2012

175 by Karva1 »»
Apr 28, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2012

123 by Karva1 »»
Apr 27, 11:38 PM

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM

» Such a bad ending!

Error_inscript - Apr 5, 2018

7 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 2:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.