Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 2, 2017 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
Finally finished it. It was promising show at the beginning but went down fast. I hate, when shows take lazy way to make everyone idiots, just so main hero could "appear" smart in comparison.

As for this episode:
- It's surely genius idea for your troops to not dismount when engaging in frontal shooting against fortified enemy. Let's make our soldiers huger targets, and prevent them from taking any cover. But what to expect, when event their elite "ghost" just gape in awe when shoot by enemy, instead of taking cover.
- Yatori squad surely must have horses from Skyrim. Otherwise how they manage to flank enemy on narrow mountain path (unnoticed) is pure magic. Why not actually attack and capture commander, but bypass him (unnoticed) and attack second and first line is another great idea.
- We have mountainous area, with superior knowledge of terrain and support of locals? Lets use it only occasionally, and better fight and defend in relatively flat burning forest.

Apr 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Oct 2013
Nice. 8/10 I enjoyed that and will definitely watch the second season
May 1, 2017 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
This show was up and down for me, but I really liked the ending. It makes a lot of sense and eases some of my concerns about the general direction of the plot. Even though this is a standalone season that doesn't show the plan in action; that the anime had a clear direction going forward makes me feel a little better about what I just watched.

Also glad that fat douche got what was coming to him. The Empire is a corrupt shithole but at least it's not completely blind.
May 29, 2017 1:21 AM

Jul 2015
Wow, this was actually a pretty good show. Tbh I didn't expect much, but wow am I satisfied. Well I'm still a bit upset that there was like no progression with the Ikta x Yatori ship but oh well. I really enjoyed Ikta's character. I loved his OP battle wits and what not. Cannot believe that his bluff at the end actually worked, but wow, understanding your enemy must really be a game changer. Hoping for a second season because I'm not a LN reader. Welp if only this had a manga.. most likely the manga will leave off where the anime leaves off.

But overall, I give this a 8/10.

caught in the wonder
Jun 20, 2017 9:26 AM
Feb 2015
Arashi_Rogue said:
I never fucking liked that 12 yr old princess. What a bitch move to end this season. Lose the war to accept Kioka's influences but maintain enough power to make sure the empires culture/customs remain so you can stop the corruptness at its core??????????????? That right there is suchhhhh a bitch move and sounds like a fucking calculus problem. We get an irrelevant loli who goes along and just rapes the finale. Could've been so much better. In my opinion, the second half of ep 13 was not as good as the previous episodes.
i agree with you on this one
Jun 20, 2017 10:51 PM

Aug 2014
darklord213 said:
Arashi_Rogue said:
I never fucking liked that 12 yr old princess. What a bitch move to end this season. Lose the war to accept Kioka's influences but maintain enough power to make sure the empires culture/customs remain so you can stop the corruptness at its core??????????????? That right there is suchhhhh a bitch move and sounds like a fucking calculus problem. We get an irrelevant loli who goes along and just rapes the finale. Could've been so much better. In my opinion, the second half of ep 13 was not as good as the previous episodes.
i agree with you on this one

I saw your quote in my notifications and clicked on it. I must've been veryyyy buttheart when I watched this episode because it clearly shows lmao
Jun 28, 2017 6:40 PM

Jun 2012
I love the princess resolve at the end. Gotta read the novel next.
Aug 31, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2015
that Ikta is one sly genius for bluffing like that, he outwitted that unsleeping, shining officer. This series was surprisingly great, it started boring but I ended loving it. I hope season 2 will be available judging by the promises made after the credits, I really would have loved and given 10 if it was 2-cour also.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 5, 2018 11:23 PM
Dec 2016
Can someone explain the ending ? I dont really understand
Mar 24, 2018 1:18 AM

Dec 2012
Why'd you have to stab the horse? What did it do to you?
Dat ceasefire saved Ikta.
Ikta and Jean finally meet.
Dat bluff.
Jean surrendered.
Overwork is the death of heroes.
Jean will reshape this world.
The brother attacks Yatori.
Yatori chanting UBW.
Dat stab.
Dat Chamille jump on Ikta.
RIKIYA!!!!!
He getting executed. lol
Lose the war?
They did the scene from the opening.

Chamille (points at Ikta): Omae wa mou shindeiru!

And that was the end. It was good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 16, 2018 2:11 AM

Dec 2014
I really didn't expect the ending to end in a negation but I guess some wars must be won by talking.
This series pacing was kinda odd and a bit off to me but it made up for it by keeping me intrested in war affairs.

They might as well keep the romance out of this one because all it does it waste time and take away from the story. Very poorly portrayed.

Decent series overall, had some pretty cool moments.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Aug 12, 2018 2:17 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Alderamin seemed like that really boring anime about military and tactics at first, if you drop into later episodes and just check out some scenes, it looks boring BUT, there is a charm to it, and even what you could consider boring is just exciting to watch!
Left me wanting a second season, I need more of these characters and this world.
Madhouse did a great job IMO.

8.4/10 = 8
Nov 11, 2018 9:51 AM

Nov 2016
had a good ride, although i dont like the '5 heroes can kill the world' thing.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Dec 30, 2018 7:25 AM
Oct 2018
This show was so bland that I didn't even notice how crap it is til 4 or 5 eps in, because it was so dull I wasn't paying any attention at all.

It wasn't even 'bad', it was just... nothing. 13 eps and I couldn't tell you a single character's name. And why the fuck did they include those magical fairy things? They served absloutely no purpose at all.
Mar 15, 2019 9:10 AM
Mar 2017
This Anime is a Hidden Gem.

I just like how this anime portraits War perfectly. MadHouse did a great job. It's been almost 3 years since this show came out so the possibilities of Season 2 is 0% so sad.

9/10
Jul 21, 2019 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
I'm really amazed how good this show was. All these tactical aspects and strategies, which is like playing chess on a super high level. I'm normally not the type of person who likes war but this was very enjoyable and it showed how cruel it can be.

Characters were also very likeable, especially Ikta and Yatori. Even if there's not really a chance for a second season I can live with this ending. Ikta and Yatori together at the end, couldn't been better :)

May 11, 2020 3:51 PM

Jul 2012
I really was not expecting to enjoy this show as much as I did, ngl. Picked it up randomly and ended um binge watching.

Although i feel like it could have done much better visually it was still pretty solid for a sotry that seem to be a set up for continuation. It's a shame it'll most likely never get a season 2 though.

Was a nice ride, I appreciate the tactics used in the fights. And the amount of satisfaction I got from seeing Safida getting such a sentence.

I see where the Princess comes from and her intentions but it won't be easy. Such a plan has to be so calculated and a little thing can mess everything up. Oh well, it's all on Ikta's shoulders in the end.

Well, either way the open ending works just fine tbh.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Aug 9, 2020 6:08 PM
May 2020
Bravo! Until the end, you are still a trashy princess, Hime-sama. All the good things in this last episode was destroyed by your stupidity. Thank you!
Sep 26, 2020 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty good series, got attached to the characters, loved how they show the preparations and how the actual battles took place. The way the characters were thinking and interacting before, during, and after the fact were all intriguing, including this last episode.
I rate this 9/10.

Some say that the novel/manga were better, but the anime itself was quite the spectacle (having seen the anime first and had not seen any of the written materials yet). Imagine if it had more episodes and/or a second season, a better pacing, or had the last few seconds not be an LN bait. One could only wish...
Nov 11, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2010
Eh, it was ok. Kinda average. Though making lots of higher rank people incredibly dumb just to show main cast as special was annoying. 6/10
Nov 11, 2020 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
fubundzer said:
Eh, it was ok. Kinda average. Though making lots of higher rank people incredibly dumb just to show main cast as special was annoying. 6/10

FYI, there's an explanation for that, that was hinted at several times during the anime (and explained more in details in following volumes).
As we've been told several times that there was plenty of very competent generals in the army (4 of the main cast are even sons or daughter of such generals (or marshals), and 3 of them are currently active in the military : Mathew's father, Torway's father, and Yatori's father) . We've seen another one in the second episode as well (the one that gets killed) , and there's a few others around we see later.
The anime pointed out that the situation of the northern garrison was special. Contrary to the other garrisons on the country's border, this one has almost zero chance of seeing war or invasion.
This is why the higher up send there any military officer that cannot be trusted, as they don't want them in any place that need competent officers. And as for why there are some incompetent that aren't fired, the anime also pointed out the major problem the country is facing right now: corruption coming from the noble factions. Those incompetent officers are usually sons of noble family that obtained their rank due to political machinations (as the army in this country has quite a lot of influence, so they're trying to place peoples in key positions) of their families/factions.
The competent higher up cannot just fire those guys so they send them where it doesn't matter.

Early on in the northern campaign, Toak is killed by assassins. That officer was the second in command and was placed here to control the military base (as he was the de facto person in charge, even if officially Safida was the general in place). As pointed out during the story, he was very hard working, and very competent. His job was to make sure that the northern base would not go bad due to all those incompetent officers, and in case of something bad happening, immediately report to the centre of command to avoid thing degenerating.

This is actually what was used against the Empire in that plan from Kyoka to take the north. They new of that weakness, so they purposely assassinated the guy that was the link between the north and the rest of the army as their opener move.
As you saw during the anime, Safida immediately forbade anyone to tell the central command about Toak's death, so that they would not send a replacement.
As a result, Safida did whatever he wanted. Playing right into Kyoka's hand, without anyone competent high enough in rank to stop his stupidity.

Even with that, there was still a few competent officers in the north. Ikta's superior officer being one of them; but none of them were really high enough to change Safida's decisions now that Toak was dead and not replaced.

Nov 21, 2020 3:54 PM

Jan 2010
Zefyris said:
fubundzer said:

FYI, there's an explanation for that, that was hinted at several times during the anime (and explained more in details in following volumes).
As we've been told several times that there was plenty of very competent generals in the army (4 of the main cast are even sons or daughter of such generals (or marshals), and 3 of them are currently active in the military : Mathew's father, Torway's father, and Yatori's father) . We've seen another one in the second episode as well (the one that gets killed) , and there's a few others around we see later.
The anime pointed out that the situation of the northern garrison was special. Contrary to the other garrisons on the country's border, this one has almost zero chance of seeing war or invasion.
This is why the higher up send there any military officer that cannot be trusted, as they don't want them in any place that need competent officers. And as for why there are some incompetent that aren't fired, the anime also pointed out the major problem the country is facing right now: corruption coming from the noble factions. Those incompetent officers are usually sons of noble family that obtained their rank due to political machinations (as the army in this country has quite a lot of influence, so they're trying to place peoples in key positions) of their families/factions.
The competent higher up cannot just fire those guys so they send them where it doesn't matter.

Early on in the northern campaign, Toak is killed by assassins. That officer was the second in command and was placed here to control the military base (as he was the de facto person in charge, even if officially Safida was the general in place). As pointed out during the story, he was very hard working, and very competent. His job was to make sure that the northern base would not go bad due to all those incompetent officers, and in case of something bad happening, immediately report to the centre of command to avoid thing degenerating.

This is actually what was used against the Empire in that plan from Kyoka to take the north. They new of that weakness, so they purposely assassinated the guy that was the link between the north and the rest of the army as their opener move.
As you saw during the anime, Safida immediately forbade anyone to tell the central command about Toak's death, so that they would not send a replacement.
As a result, Safida did whatever he wanted. Playing right into Kyoka's hand, without anyone competent high enough in rank to stop his stupidity.

Even with that, there was still a few competent officers in the north. Ikta's superior officer being one of them; but none of them were really high enough to change Safida's decisions now that Toak was dead and not replaced.

I mean, yeah, I know, I watched the series. I know that there's corruption, it doesn't change the fact that contrast between main cast and higher ups is annoying. When northern garisson general is shown it's obvious that he isn't strong. But as you said there's Toak, who's the real man in charge. That's where I have problem. There are strong side characters, but they aren't getting enough shine. Main 5 being: Toak, Dinqun, Sazaarf, the general that was sent to be killed and his subordinate. Literally 4 of them are killed of instantlly. They were showed to be strong, yet they go down easily. While Sazaarf isn't killed he quickly becomes Ikta's puppet. Like, if you show actually strong characters let them do anything lol. Shake it up a little, show that they aren't there just to show off main cast. Let them be actually competent. That's what I'm getting at. But I saw that you gave this show a 4, so I guess you also have problems with it :P
Nov 22, 2020 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
fubundzer said:
Zefyris said:

I mean, yeah, I know, I watched the series. I know that there's corruption, it doesn't change the fact that contrast between main cast and higher ups is annoying. When northern garrison general is shown it's obvious that he isn't strong. But as you said there's Toak, who's the real man in charge. That's where I have problem. There are strong side characters, but they aren't getting enough shine. Main 5 being: Toak, Dinqun, Sazaarf, the general that was sent to be killed and his subordinate. Literally 4 of them are killed of instantlly. They were showed to be strong, yet they go down easily. While Sazaarf isn't killed he quickly becomes Ikta's puppet. Like, if you show actually strong characters let them do anything lol. Shake it up a little, show that they aren't there just to show off main cast. Let them be actually competent. That's what I'm getting at. But I saw that you gave this show a 4, so I guess you also have problems with it :P

I mean they were competent, but except for Dinqun and that general's subordinate, they were on the "commander type" of competent, like Icta, rather than the fighting side, so you can blame them to be killed.
Toak was assassinated exactly because he was too good. He wasn't a fighter at all, didn't look like one either.

Also the guy who killed Dinqun is about as strong as Yatori, who is like top 3 in battle strength in the Empire ( the other ones being her family members), so Dinqun didn't stand a chance unfortunately. They removed a fight scene between this guy (wounded by Torway's bullet) and Yatori as a duel that happens as they retreat after stopping Jean, and they were almost evenly matched. It's too bad as it would have shown that the guy who killed Diqun wasn't just a random assassin. He's actually the brother of the woman officer that is talking to Jean regularly in the anime, so we keep hearing about him after his death.

As for that disciple guy, I don't know about you, but he certainly has shown how badass he was before dying. In fact, I would argue that he has the most badass scene in the whole anime.

Sazaarf has the time to shine later don't worry ~. All of the named survivors have in fact.

And yeah you're right, I have a problem with the anime adaptation itself, and the choice/changes they made compared to the novel. I barely ever have such a difference between the score I give to the original material and the anime version, but this time to me it's warranted.
Dec 12, 2020 1:21 PM
May 2020
I finally completed and indeed it was a great anime. The unique plots, strategies, and thise simple yet complex chemistries really made me stick to the anime. I really enjoyed watching it and yeah I was an open ending. I would happily go with another season but that very much less likely to happen. And one thing Ikta and Yatori are awesome together. They both look really great with each other. They are the opposite poles but still balances each other out when needed and filling up each others gap or incapability. And man they really did have different aura of chemistry. Anyways 9/10 for me.
Feb 8, 2021 5:02 AM
Dec 2020
In my mind, it was an amazing anime but seeing all the reactions, I kinda doubt my memories. I guess I'll have to rewatch it to be sure. One thing is certain however, I want the second season to happen, even though it's likely not
May 13, 2022 8:24 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, and actual war tribunal in an anime.

It's kind of a shame that Alderamin was so short, but for what it's worth, it might have been to the show's benefit in limiting the amount of fluff. I could imagine Alderamine turning into a hybrid of Kingdom and Arslan/Altair with their settings, themes, and character relationships. That being said, I'm glad for what exists.
Dec 20, 2022 3:47 AM
Jan 2021
eu assisti quando criança
Dec 20, 2022 4:34 AM

Apr 2013
Shocked said:
Wow, and actual war tribunal in an anime.

It's kind of a shame that Alderamin was so short, but for what it's worth, it might have been to the show's benefit in limiting the amount of fluff. I could imagine Alderamine turning into a hybrid of Kingdom and Arslan/Altair with their settings, themes, and character relationships. That being said, I'm glad for what exists.

The story exists and is complete though, it's a 14 volume novels, they just adapted the vol 1-3 (quite poorly tbh) in anime.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» YATORI

Bijou146 - Aug 31, 2023

13 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 22, 9:24 PM

» Aren't the spirits completely unnecessary?

Yeetyus - Feb 9

5 by Zefyris »»
Mar 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

70 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

136 by StateofOhayo »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:34 AM

» Why is the princess obsessed with Ilkta?

Aithusa21 - Jul 30, 2022

5 by Zefyris »»
May 18, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.