Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 30, 2016 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
Deleth said:
Her idea to save the Empire is bad and she should feel bad. Losing a decisive war against the Kioka Republic will mean the Empire in all likelihood will crease to exist rather than reform itself in more ways than one.

I kinda suspect this might be somewhat based on the whole Empire of Japan angle, except that isn't how it works out in the mayority of cases and would be unlikely to work out in this case aswell.

So far we've seen Kioka as expansionistic and aggressive in all regards. If it defeated the Empire for good it would not let it stick around, reform and reorganize itself it would in all likelihood cut it up and absorb it piece by piece. There's also other factions all around it, who'd want their share.

The talk about the collapse he's giving Yatori at the end would be the most likely outcome for her plan. With various outside factions cutting the country up for pieces and the people being trampled.

The author should have a look at what most of the time happened to a defeated country, what most of the time happened to the population of these countries. Because we aren't talking about a large empire being defeated in a war over colonies but being invaded and decisively defeated on it's very home soil. It's not pretty, it's not desirable, it's the worst thing that can happen to the very people and all they hold dear.

That's why she said to lose the war on their terms. Japan (and Germany) lost the war but because of another common enemy (communism) they were allowed to build up again (evetually). My guess is that Ikta will create another enemy for Kioka, one far more dangerous that the Empire, to force Kioka into keeping the new Empire a strong nation as a buffer. With an Alliance with Kioka, whatever the other threat will think twice about invading either of them.
Sep 30, 2016 6:37 PM

Jul 2009
Hm that's a real interesting concept I'd love to watch. A story about trying to lose. Too bad it just hints at this and then ends. Definitely would want following seasons.

Fck you Madhouse.
Sep 30, 2016 6:51 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I didn't see any words "Fin" or "End" or "Thank you for watching" at the end of this episode, so this must be continuing.....yeah!

.....wait a sec.....

Studios : Madhouse

......damn

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 30, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
Show surprised me. Would of liked to see more episodes allocated to this series.
Sep 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Mar 2015
Delightful anime!

LTG Safida -

-busted to Private
-All medals revoked
-Executed

Don't see that kinda complete nosedive very often!

Great way to end the season, with a little unpredictable plot bit of plot twist. I do hope there will be another season next year. Yatori is an amazing character and portrayed so beautifully, so stoically and so deadly.

I'd would have liked to learn more about the little spirits/sprites. As for portraying a functional military, I think it did all right.

When this comes up for retail I'll be buying it. :)
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 30, 2016 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
One of the top 5 series of this season, I think. Overall it had some absurd pacing issues (it did skip a lot of source) and the animation was very inconsistent, but it was able to carry a cliche-laden plot in a rather graceful way. I pray this series is successful enough to get funded for another season. There are definitely worse series out there that have done so.
Sep 30, 2016 8:03 PM

Apr 2011
A great show. But underrated.

I kinda knew that 'set things on fire' plan was bluff but never knew the soldiers were under them. The negotation is pretty tense as well. I kinda predicted that talks between Ikta and the princess will be at the last episode about 'losing' the war. Quite a surprising and unpredictable order that surprise him too.

Also, glad that damn Safida finally gets what's coming for him by getting executed.
MagitoSep 30, 2016 8:32 PM
Sep 30, 2016 8:36 PM

Jun 2015
Pretty good finale for this series. It was enjoyable to watch. The tactics Ikta made were quite smart, especially the bluff for this episode. Here's hoping to a season two. 7/10 overall.
Sep 30, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2015
And they back to the Empire, safe and sound. Then the Princess told Iktar to lose the war to save the country. What an ending. Means it need another Season, or maybe just OVA
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 30, 2016 9:10 PM
Oct 2010
Top_Sergeant said:
Delightful anime!

LTG Safida -

-busted to Private
-All medals revoked
-Executed

I was actually quite shocked that they did that. Yeah he was POS but demoting and execution should have been it. If he earned medals through "good" deeds there's no reason to strip him of them. It's as though they are saying "hey, messing up this situation nullifies everything good you did before". Which would be demoralizing to any soldier.
Sep 30, 2016 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
Miragee said:
How can you set it to "completed"? For me it's still airing somehow. What's up with that?

what i did is set it to completed in the main page of this anime

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Sep 30, 2016 9:41 PM

Aug 2014
I never fucking liked that 12 yr old princess. What a bitch move to end this season. Lose the war to accept Kioka's influences but maintain enough power to make sure the empires culture/customs remain so you can stop the corruptness at its core??????????????? That right there is suchhhhh a bitch move and sounds like a fucking calculus problem. We get an irrelevant loli who goes along and just rapes the finale. Could've been so much better. In my opinion, the second half of ep 13 was not as good as the previous episodes.
Sep 30, 2016 9:44 PM
Oct 2007
More! MOOREE!! I want MOOORREE!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2009
One of the better anime of the season. I have a little more hopes for it at the beginning, but it didn't live up to all of my expectations in the end. Still, in any case, it was a good show, although not without some pretty big flaws. 8/10. I wouldn't mind watching another season, tactics battles are always exciting, but I doubt this title will get one...

Now, the show's finished its run, right? Yet it's still marked as 'Airing' and I can't send it to the Completed list! Mods, do something! It's awfully frustrating.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 30, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2012
Just doesnt feel right that its ending, seems like theres so much more to be told.
Sep 30, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2013
I guess it's safe to say that this show was pretty underrated. Never really saw a whole lot of talk about it week to week on social media. Glad to see it's score is pretty high though.

Anybody know how popular the anime was in Japan, or how BD/DVD stalker numbers are doing or if the LN got a sales boost? I wont hold my breath for a second season, but Madhouse has been shocking the anime community lately, so there could be a chance?

I kind of spoiled stuff for myself, but if they did continue it shit would definitely get a lot more interesting considering:

Guess only time will tell.

Also, I didn't think much of this at the beginning of the season, but so many people were bitching about Madhouse's take on the art style for the show. I've never read it, so I didn't think anything of it. Then I decided to check it out...goddamn what the fuck were y'all complaining for? The LN characters all look like shoddily drawn half-chibis, and the manga...oh god the manga. Ikuta alone in the manga is fucking atrocious. He looks like a fucking hideous man beast. My eyes bled a little when I clicked on the picture.

If anything Madhouse saved this show by not forcing us to look at shitty looking characters all season. They look mature, and are pleasant on the eyes.
Oct 1, 2016 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
Really nice underrated anime, enjoyed it from start to finish, will be waiting for a season 2.

8/10
Oct 1, 2016 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
ltspfan said:
Miragee said:
How can you set it to "completed"? For me it's still airing somehow. What's up with that?

what i did is set it to completed in the main page of this anime

Yeah, figured that out after a while as well but thanks. :)
Oct 1, 2016 1:48 AM
Jan 2016
Definitely my favorite of this season. I wish it got a second season, but somehow I don't see it happening, which is a shame. We really need more MCs like Ikta.
Oct 1, 2016 3:27 AM

Feb 2011
Alderamin has the best plot this season hands down. I'm quite surprised myself, as I wasn't expecting much of this anime when it first aired (if I had known better...).

10/10
- Lazy but genius protagonist
- Badass women without ecchi undertones
- Beautiful platonic (debatable) relationships
- War and mind games
- Tragedy (spoiler)

Totally underrated anime. Season 2 is a must.
Oct 1, 2016 3:39 AM

Jun 2013
Interesting anime one of the hidden gems for sure.

Hoping for a second season
Oct 1, 2016 3:46 AM
Feb 2015
GD1551 said:
Top_Sergeant said:
Delightful anime!

LTG Safida -

-busted to Private
-All medals revoked
-Executed

I was actually quite shocked that they did that. Yeah he was POS but demoting and execution should have been it. If he earned medals through "good" deeds there's no reason to strip him of them. It's as though they are saying "hey, messing up this situation nullifies everything good you did before". Which would be demoralizing to any soldier.

But it would serve as a good reminder to all soldiers (especially the generals) not to act the same as Safida.
Oct 1, 2016 5:22 AM

Sep 2014
Great ending, sure it was intense, but really like how Ikta tactical mindset allways find a workaround, dire situations, i really enjoyed watching it, and it's a open ending with good potential for a sequel or a movie.

I must say that princess sure is addicted to Ikta, she cant barely think of anything else X-)

Hope for more of this in the future :)
Minachio-1213Oct 1, 2016 6:06 AM
Oct 1, 2016 5:53 AM

Aug 2015
Fav anime of this season, I haven't really seen anything like it too. 9.7/10
Oct 1, 2016 6:01 AM

Jan 2016
Alright final fight and great tactic. A really satisfying season, Nyatt! A second season must be delivered immediately!
Gotta say i love there personalities in this anime, and incredible voice acting by everyone. very smooth Animation as well.

Little excited for another season, might be interesting how Ikta will have to lose a war.?
8,4/10
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Oct 1, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2015
I liked the ending and overall enjoyed this show. Hopefully it gets a second season soon.
Oct 1, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2015
i don't like it

6/10
Oct 1, 2016 8:04 AM
Mar 2012
Good end, prolly the madhouse show most needing s2.
Ikta & Yatori were well developed & interesting. The rest including spirits were quite bland & their designs didn't help. Ikta & his opponents' tactics were the best qualities, next to occasionally great animation. Some episodes were quite flat, but the rest always revealed more about the families or politics among those 3 countries.
Oct 1, 2016 9:35 AM
Nov 2015
Farscape1 said:
uzee said:
The finale was ok, but the skip from aiming the light at the Overworking guy to the placement of the firewood between them didn't make sense - he should have had plenty of opportunities to declare attack again because the beam would no longer be aimed at him

And negotiations like they were having wouldn't have much of a purpose if as soon as people agreed and turned their backs someone started shooting again. The enemy general was an honorable man, he lost and wasn't about to throw away his honor just so he could kill a man that outsmarted him. That would be winning in the wrong way.

Actually, in the LN Ikta demands Jean to throw away their weapons and leave horses on the battlefield and Jean agreed, but this part was cut from the anime.

In fact Madhouse cut a lot of content from the LN, the court martial is 1 chapter long in the LN (Anime adapted first 3 volumes and a small potion of the prologue of volume 4)
in the finale not only did Madhouse cut basically the entire chapter but also drastically changed the entire scene (Princess wasn't present at the court, it was the grand councilor).

because each volume of LN is 400+ pages and Madhouse decided to cut and skip many content including character's relation, interaction and development, this should explain why the pacing feels odd and many scene wasn't as detailed.

As for season 2, I personally think the chance is quite low, judging by the way Madhouse adapted this series and sales of LN in Japan has drastically dropped since volume 7 (i don't wanna spoil anything, let's say fans are not happy about the author's decision and where the story is heading.)

As a LN fan of Alderamin myself, this anime feels like an average advertisement trying to bring the sales of the LN back up. The bond between Ikta and Yatori wasn't justified in the anime (Yatori is the biggest reason for Ikta's action), at least Yatori's fighting scenes were pretty solid even though cutting content makes me salty, 6 ~ 7/10

I recommend reading the LN, you will find many things make much more sense and detailed, the author does a good job on writing strategy, character's interaction and development. Be warned, your heart will be broken (starting from volume 7).
bryanpaiOct 1, 2016 9:40 AM
Oct 1, 2016 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
That ending was definitely unexpected, but maybe she is right.
I'm glad that general died, he was an ass.
Loved the OP, would be great to have a 2nd season but i don't think it will happen.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 1, 2016 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
Ikta did a great job getting under Jean's skin. His advice to him in the end was spot on though. The dude's talent is responsible for his comrades complacency. If they took him out, then the Alderamin would lose for sure.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this series. I can only hope for a second season because it was that enjoyable.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 1, 2016 12:26 PM

Apr 2016
Deleth said:
Her idea to save the Empire is bad and she should feel bad. Losing a decisive war against the Kioka Republic will mean the Empire in all likelihood will crease to exist rather than reform itself in more ways than one.

I kinda suspect this might be somewhat based on the whole Empire of Japan angle, except that isn't how it works out in the mayority of cases and would be unlikely to work out in this case aswell.

So far we've seen Kioka as expansionistic and aggressive in all regards. If it defeated the Empire for good it would not let it stick around, reform and reorganize itself it would in all likelihood cut it up and absorb it piece by piece. There's also other factions all around it, who'd want their share.

The talk about the collapse he's giving Yatori at the end would be the most likely outcome for her plan. With various outside factions cutting the country up for pieces and the people being trampled.

The author should have a look at what most of the time happened to a defeated country, what most of the time happened to the population of these countries. Because we aren't talking about a large empire being defeated in a war over colonies but being invaded and decisively defeated on it's very home soil. It's not pretty, it's not desirable, it's the worst thing that can happen to the very people and all they hold dear.

From the anime we know almost nothing about kyouka republic ... except that one of the most brilliant man from the Katjvarna empire fled to this republic.

Remember Einstein?

In history you'll find everything you want, there are cases when losing a war was the best thing for the people on the long run (short term not necessarily).

If we knew a bit more about how the Kyouka republic works and how the people and the politicians think there, we could assess if the princess's idea is a good one or not. So far we have zero infos though. We don't have that much on the empire either.
Oct 1, 2016 1:03 PM

Oct 2008
I always liked shows with a little mindgame, especially if it's about military.
Some parts were boring, the spirits seem to be mere plot tools.
But overall quite good show. And definitely going to watch a second season (if it happens) to see how the plot will progress.

Solid 8/10.
Oct 1, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2013
The unsleeping general gets bluffed and threatened into submission, he also gets a speech by solork all of which will moitivate him further.
Hime's losing the war but still have enough power to resist a full culture take over is solid, hope for S2 8/10

Ikta needs to find a way to keep Yatori and the Igsem alive in all this.
Oct 1, 2016 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Solork is such an awful name, noticed it after the princess started yelling.
Oct 1, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2016
bryanpai said:
Farscape1 said:

And negotiations like they were having wouldn't have much of a purpose if as soon as people agreed and turned their backs someone started shooting again. The enemy general was an honorable man, he lost and wasn't about to throw away his honor just so he could kill a man that outsmarted him. That would be winning in the wrong way.

Actually, in the LN Ikta demands Jean to throw away their weapons and leave horses on the battlefield and Jean agreed, but this part was cut from the anime.

Woaaah! Thank you! Now that makes sense! While I was watching the anime I was thinking like Uzee : "Are they kidding me? after Ikta vicious and unfair "negotiations", it's more a betrayal actually, I would never ever hold my words, NEVER! and yes, being jean I would have let the soldiers shoot this Ikta asshole as soon as I was far enough from him. But if they had no more gun in the "real story" then now I understand.

I had indeed problems at many occasion with the pacing and I was kind of reassured it was not due to bad writing but more to heavy cutting.

For me one the strengh of this show was to try to show war like it can be, a drama, but on the same level the story failed because the plot "protected" the MCS from any highly moral struggle:
_ the army received the order to kill civilians (kids, women, ...) but oh lucky MC he is in the only company that won't do so. What would he have done if he had received the direct order, like the other companies, or if he had at least to see his comrades kiling civilians?
_ Ikta arrived soon enough to stop his comrades from raping Nanaqu. What would he have done "about his comrades" if he had arrived too late?
_ He chosed to wait 2 days before going up to rescue the fort. He didn't know this friend of his was there waiting for his help. What would he have done if he had known? I think there's a big difference between letting your friend die knowingly and not. Shikata ga nai yo? (it can't be help?)

Despite many flaws though (there are a lot actually), the good aspects won : good show.
Oct 1, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2011
Milk_is_Special said:
Solork is such an awful name, noticed it after the princess started yelling.

His real name is Ikta Sankrei. Episode 5
Oct 1, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2009
Great finale leaving me wanting to see more sure this series is not gold but it is at least silver it kept me entertained and made me wan´t to see more. Of all 5 series I watched that just ended this past days 91 days. Alderamin and Endride gave me a good ride from finish to end.
Oct 1, 2016 3:46 PM

Sep 2013
A fine series to me. Since it is adapted from LN many details are missing, so it appears somewhat forced and asspulls.

The way Ikta threatens Jean with a bluff was uninteresting, Jean should have retaliated once he 'agreed' to Ikta's terms.

So, Chamille wants to save country by losing war to Kioka so that they bring their influence and politics, seems amateurish. Also, Ikta necessarily doesn't have to accept such 'deal' from a puppet princess in the first place.
Oct 1, 2016 3:49 PM
Aug 2013
Unfortunately, this will not sell more than 1000 copies with the looks of the stalks. Season 2 is ...well... not happening. (plus it's madhouse)
Oct 1, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2008
zcv45 said:
Great finale. Loved this episode. Personally favorite one.

The ending with the princess reminded me of Japan. Like Katjrvana, WW2 Japan had a puppet imperial government. Japan lost the war but ended up being better politically with less authoritarian control and a economic powerhouse. Meanwhile it kept its unique culture. The exact thing Princess Chamille wants.
Though WW2 Japan did not :P

Hopefully the empire doesn't have to lose two major cities being wiped off the face of the earth for them to prosper after the war.
Oct 1, 2016 6:49 PM
Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:
The unsleeping general gets bluffed and threatened into submission, he also gets a speech by solork all of which will moitivate him further.
Hime's losing the war but still have enough power to resist a full culture take over is solid, hope for S2 8/10

Ikta needs to find a way to keep Yatori and the Igsem alive in all this.

That's very shaky bet from Chamille though if you ask me.

1. Even if they lose with enough force, Kioka might still be able to force a full culture takeover, simply due to the fact that they "conquered" the empire. Kioka is slowly but gradually advancing in technology while the Empire still has idiots in the top ranks.
2. There's a possibility that Kioka might assimilate the Empire's culture instead. When Kublai Khan conquered China, he took in part of China's culture into Mongol. The same may happen here and Kioka might take in the Empire's culture and things remain the same.
Oct 1, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2014
very good end...but will there be a second season follow up
Oct 1, 2016 8:02 PM
May 2014
Deleth said:

According to the manga for the Princess-Ikta scene:
Her plan is to lose the war, but in such a way that the empire still have a decent
amount of reserve power at the end to restrain Kioka's influence. In other words,
losing skillfully.

Her reason for doing it is that the empire has lost its ability to fix itself by its own
power (cleaning up corruption and whatnot) because their systems has degraded too
much, which is why she wants Kioka in, but in a controlled manner. She even
mentioned that there was many historical precendents of countries that flourished
because they lost a war.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 1, 2016 8:31 PM

Jan 2014
I don't like Yatori, she seems pretentious af, though that is probably because the burden she has on her shoulder and how she was raised. There only one way to save her that is to end everything that she is burdened with or let she rest in peace, which is pretty much the same thing since Igsem family will die to protect the Corrupted Empire.

And Jean is very relatable, but it is perfectly understandable, since he was on the right side, or at least he think, since he is trying his best to get rid of Monarchy and bring the idea of Republic to enlighten the people, those who are still suffered under the Empire rule, Ikta probably mentioned Han Xin quote "The hunting dog becomes food as well after it is used to hunt game", advanced and enlightened people like him who are hard working and has wonderful dream will most likely be soon be getting rid of after the war because not many people want to change or care that much about "the people" of his wonderful dream, but is it true? because it's not like Republic of Kioka whose philoshophie and technology and culture are so advanced is like Imperial China of Liu Bang.

The princess idea is probably refer to the bombardment of Kagoshima, in which Satsuma is lose but not exactly lose, and the British is not exactly win but have limited success, by doing that the whole nation who is still sleeping in the past and being backwards, suddenly woke up to the incredible power, technology and culture of western civilisation, and put an end to the backwards rule of Bafuku, starting a new age.

I want to know how this will turn out looking forward for the second season.

10/10 overall. They should adopted good novels and make more anime like this than overrated self-insert $h!tty novels.

rorimoeOct 1, 2016 8:48 PM
Oct 1, 2016 8:58 PM

Sep 2013
ixarising said:

1. Even if they lose with enough force, Kioka might still be able to force a full culture takeover, simply due to the fact that they "conquered" the empire. Kioka is slowly but gradually advancing in technology while the Empire still has idiots in the top ranks.
2. There's a possibility that Kioka might assimilate the Empire's culture instead. When Kublai Khan conquered China, he took in part of China's culture into Mongol. The same may happen here and Kioka might take in the Empire's culture and things remain the same.

1. the idiots in the empire will be replaced that's point of losing the war land losing a war is not automatically being conquered maybe they'll give up some land or sign treaties but the empire will still have enough power to keep Kioka in check while her inner leadership cleanup is underway.
The tech gap won't get big enough to overwhelm them.
2. perhaps, but as long as hime is the empress she will not allow a full kioka takeover, eventually she will retake her land.
Oct 1, 2016 9:42 PM
Nov 2015
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
bryanpai said:

Woaaah! Thank you! Now that makes sense! While I was watching the anime I was thinking like Uzee : "Are they kidding me? after Ikta vicious and unfair "negotiations", it's more a betrayal actually, I would never ever hold my words, NEVER! and yes, being jean I would have let the soldiers shoot this Ikta asshole as soon as I was far enough from him. But if they had no more gun in the "real story" then now I understand.

I had indeed problems at many occasion with the pacing and I was kind of reassured it was not due to bad writing but more to heavy cutting.

For me one the strengh of this show was to try to show war like it can be, a drama, but on the same level the story failed because the plot "protected" the MCS from any highly moral struggle:
_ the army received the order to kill civilians (kids, women, ...) but oh lucky MC he is in the only company that won't do so. What would he have done if he had received the direct order, like the other companies, or if he had at least to see his comrades kiling civilians?
_ Ikta arrived soon enough to stop his comrades from raping Nanaqu. What would he have done "about his comrades" if he had arrived too late?
_ He chosed to wait 2 days before going up to rescue the fort. He didn't know this friend of his was there waiting for his help. What would he have done if he had known? I think there's a big difference between letting your friend die knowingly and not. Shikata ga nai yo? (it can't be help?)

Despite many flaws though (there are a lot actually), the good aspects won : good show.

well this is actually classified as "Senki" (戦記), despite author's effort the story is still nowhere close to the actual war, kinda similar to military fiction in english literature. don't forget this is still a LN/anime, even star wars protected Anakin and Luke! lol

As for the points you made, it has once again to do with heavy cutting.

1. Ikta and the imperial knights' platoons were just "trainee", the reason they and other reserve officers came to the north was to train not for actual combat, the imperial knights n other reserve officers were supposed to chill at the back like troops in reserve. but due to the circumstance and various events they were pushed to the front line by the incapable higher ups. After being sent to the front line they were put under Sazaarf's command since he was also in charge of reserve officers' training. Sazaarf plays an important role in the LN, to Ikta, he is considered to be the best officer he has ever met and is well respect by Ikta due to his capability and decision-making (that being said he's nowhere near Ikta tho). In the LN, Sazaarf's characteristic was well explained, "He is clever and shrewd, but is essentially a good man thus he is well respect by his subordinates", if the anime adapted the source faithfully you wouldn't have this question.

2. Yes, Nana was nearly raped by soldiers who went outta control and was "luckily"stopped by Ikta n Yatori, before the raping the soldiers were having a fight bout who to be the first which could take sometime (as if 5 dudes who went berserk fighting to decide who is the first one could be solved in a few minutes lol). during the event Ikta was mad and lost himself there, he threw away his principle and rationality. Ikta is not the man to solve things through force, he thinks it's illogical and unscientific but at that time he still punched the shit outta that lieutenant. However, it was not because of Nana's situation, the lieutenant was literally talking shit to Ikta (keep in mind that Ikta can't forgive people in the ruling class who can't behave intellectually, especially those who give up on trying). This was written as Ikta's thoughts, mumble and inner conversation in the LN.

3. Ikta didnt choose to wait 2 days, it was necessary to have your body to be adjusted to the climate. (A tired solider is as good as a corpse on the battlefield) Ikta was the commander of the company (4 platoons), he's not willing to let his subordinates die for some useless strategies since it's illogical and unscientific. Even if Ikta knew Kanna (btw her hair is actually brown in the LN not purple like anime) was at the fort, i highly doubt he will make different decision. Ikta is not that kinda guy who jumps first to save his friends (that would be Torway).
Remember Ikta's personality, he's lazy, rational, think logically and a believer of science (also hit on any older girl he's met the first time, likes girls that are older than him). Ikta is called The Invincible Lazy General for a reason!

Again, the anime adaptation is actually not so good, every character's personality weren't fully showed (or well explained) to the audiences so even the MCs feel kinda bland. in the LN pretty much every character leaves strong impression and makes you like or hate the character 10 times more than the anime (Safida was 100 times more asshole in the LN, and you will definitely want Sazaarf to be your boss)

Also starting from volume 7 to 9 is a total trainwreck for MCs (can't say too much or it will be a huge spoiler and wreck everyone's heart who's hoping for season 2) n made a lotta fans drop the LN thus the sales flop like crazy in Japan so your "protected" theory can't really be applied here.
bryanpaiOct 1, 2016 10:05 PM
Oct 1, 2016 10:07 PM

May 2014
Did anyone else think this show was like the game Fire Emblem Awakening made into an anime lol. Heck, Ikta and Yatori might as well be Chrom and Cordelia.

Oct 1, 2016 10:36 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, between 90% and 10%, if that 10% is chance that might cost you your life and your comrades' needlessly, I guess it's a good decision.

So satisfying to finally see Safida get his karma.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Oct 1, 2016 11:03 PM
Feb 2015
ichii_1 said:
ixarising said:

1. the idiots in the empire will be replaced that's point of losing the war land losing a war is not automatically being conquered maybe they'll give up some land or sign treaties but the empire will still have enough power to keep Kioka in check while her inner leadership cleanup is underway.
The tech gap won't get big enough to overwhelm them.
2. perhaps, but as long as hime is the empress she will not allow a full kioka takeover, eventually she will retake her land.

1. Still it's not possible to remove all the idiots on the top, especially with the corruption issue in the empire. Politicians for one wouldn't allow people like Ikta to reach the top so easily. Keep in check for how long? Kioka has already created long range cannon, while the empire is only starting to change from gun to sword. 1-2 years might be okay, but if the empire takes 5-6 years to clear up all the mess, the technological difference might be an issue by then already.
2. If Kioka removes the royalty system completely, Chamille would be powerless. In war, it's not uncommon for the victor to force the royalty of the enemy nation into submission.

Also the success of Chamille's plan depends mainly on Ikta's success. If Ikta fails to reach the top, then what would she do? What if Ikta dies in one of the upcoming war? What if Ikta dies from disease? All this factors isn't in her planning. Her ideology is good and all, but her method is without a doubt shaky. She needs to gather more people who can support and accomplish her ideology instead of just leaving everything to Ikta.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» So any chance of a continuation ?

Morningstar991 - Aug 11

15 by NonSenseWILH »»
Aug 13, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

69 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 28, 11:04 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

103 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

105 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

71 by PokefanPT »»
Jul 27, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.