Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2020 8:11 PM

Oct 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new music for the ultimate evolution is legit a banger

and yamato does care for them in their own way lol

so it seems next week we're jumping right to palmon hmm
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Aug 15, 2020 8:14 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was nice. Yamato was a lone wolf throughout this series. But not anymore. He has friends now. Which is his symbol. Just like the original.
Aug 15, 2020 9:02 PM

Jun 2010
Aww yeah, this is what the reboot needs more: episodes that the kids working together. Leomon's leading a digimon movement, is this Xros Wars???

I enjoy this episode more than the last, mostly because seeing the children fighting alongside their digimon and opening up to each other. Though it suffered the same issue as the last, really shallow and lack of tension in Ultimate evolution. Sure Yamato came back and protected his friends make sense and all, but there's not enough tension for me to invest, idk. Maybe I'm still bother by the fact that the children are able to reach Ultimate without the knowledge of the crests. However, seeing WereGarurumon fighting is always a plus, since he doesn't get much spotlight in the original, and after Gabumon reached MetalGarurumon stage, WereGarurumon is overshadowed more than ever. When I think of Gabumon, I always think of MetalGarurumon instead of his Ultimate stage so it's always a plus to see more action with WereGarurumon.

Overall, enjoyable episode. Who would have thought seperate the kids would lead to some charming bonding moments. I'm still curious if the show would ever explain the power of the crests and the reason the children were chosen. Perhaps when the kids find the Holy Digimon, who knows?

Next ep will be Taichi's group. I hope to see more bonding moments and both Mimi and Koushiro would participate in the battle like Sora and Joe in this ep. Tbh when i see the preview for the next ep, i was caught off guard. I did not expect Lillymon to debut after Weregarurumon. I thought it would be either Piyomon or Tentomon, similar to the original pattern.
Hanaki_NekoAug 15, 2020 9:07 PM
Aug 15, 2020 9:13 PM
Nov 2015
Hahahahha the trailer sold me the idea that yamato Will save sora, you know, like finally throw hints on Joe they end together, Well i Guess wont be today ahhahahaha

This new series , what the point ? Everything felt so mechanic, and IS episode eleven and still feel like there is no plot or that the evolutions are "in your face" for the sake of being, old series took a lot of.important character developmemt, and that what make It interensing, the kids dinamics, they feel orgánic, real, at this point is still like they dont know each other ... episode eleven... Just let me remind you, seires of 12/13 episode handle emotions and deliver ideas un that frame of time.

Anyway how many episodes Will this have ? And why is budget non existance?

Pd: sorry if my comment seems weird, english is not my first language
Aug 15, 2020 9:44 PM
Oct 2012
freizel said:
Hahahahha the trailer sold me the idea that yamato Will save sora, you know, like finally throw hints on Joe they end together, Well i Guess wont be today ahhahahaha

This new series , what the point ? Everything felt so mechanic, and IS episode eleven and still feel like there is no plot or that the evolutions are "in your face" for the sake of being, old series took a lot of.important character developmemt, and that what make It interensing, the kids dinamics, they feel orgánic, real, at this point is still like they dont know each other ... episode eleven... Just let me remind you, seires of 12/13 episode handle emotions and deliver ideas un that frame of time.

Pd: sorry if my comment seems weird, english is not my first language
The point of this reboot is to sell toys
Aug 15, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2017
It was nice to see Digimons like Bearmon and Labramon, i hope they return someday

Weregarurumon evolution sequence is great, he handed Scorpiomon very easy

Leomon confirmed, he probably is going to die like always lol
Aug 15, 2020 10:01 PM

Oct 2017
Weregarurmon evolution scenario wasn't as good as Metalgreymon but it was still hype to see Weregarurmon in action.

Also nice next episode we're gonna see Lilimon, things are sure moving fast.
Aug 15, 2020 11:19 PM

Dec 2014
I think they are going a bit fast on ultimate evolutions...maybe they want to fit all mega evolutions too
Aug 16, 2020 12:29 AM

Jul 2017
Taichi and Co. splitting into 2 groups, and progressing at their own pace. But more focus on Joe Kido, Sora and Yamato's side.

Nice to see other Digimon still alive, but the death flags being pretty much synonymous with another Ultimate, Scorpiomon raging everywhere.

And yep, Yamato's lonerwolf status still stings until he's become reliant on the rest. That's the Yamato we know, along with Garurumon's 2nd stage evolution to Ultimate form, WereGarurumon to finish off Scorpiomon.

Still in the early stages, but more to decipher along the way.

freizel said:
According to Toei Europe, this will have 66 episodes.

https://www.toei-animation.com/catalog/digimon-adventure-2020/
Aug 16, 2020 12:30 AM

Feb 2019
I really really enjoyed this episode. Yamato is still the same proud loner that we know from the original and just like before has a great relationship with his Digimon.

I’m wondering how long the show is gonna last if we’ve already got two ultimate Digimon 11 eps in.
Aug 16, 2020 12:48 AM
Sep 2015
Weregarurumon is furry community's most favorite 'male' digimon (please don't remind me how Digimon don't have sexuality, everyone already know that), and this is the first time I notice that Weregarurumon has piercings in his left ear.

Judging from fast pace and 66 episodes confirmed, I think we'll get some, if not full Digimon 02 story in this reboot.

Which still left Tamers/Frontier/Savers/Xros Wars in the dark, they're all deserved to get recognition in this reboot, or another reboot, or even better, a full sequel!
Aug 16, 2020 1:26 AM

Aug 2018
I just hope they don't kill Leomon again and let the meme die already
Aug 16, 2020 1:29 AM

Aug 2018
phantomfandom said:
Weregarurumon is furry community's most favorite 'male' digimon (please don't remind me how Digimon don't have sexuality, everyone already know that), and this is the first time I notice that Weregarurumon has piercings in his left ear.

Judging from fast pace and 66 episodes confirmed, I think we'll get some, if not full Digimon 02 story in this reboot.

Which still left Tamers/Frontier/Savers/Xros Wars in the dark, they're all deserved to get recognition in this reboot, or another reboot, or even better, a full sequel!

I noticed that they are starting to get more digimons from the other seasons like Neamon, maybe we won't get the human characters but I have a strong feeling that we will see the main digimons at some point. Especially Dukemon ( as a royal guard or something)
Aug 16, 2020 1:36 AM
Nov 2015
[quote=

https://www.toei-animation.com/catalog/digimon-adventure-2020/[/quote]

Oh in that case is plenty of Room for character developmemt ... Thanks for the info
Aug 16, 2020 1:50 AM

Apr 2011
Weregarurumon appearing at episode 11 is a tad early, but I don't mind, since he was underutilized back in the original.

I didn't expect to see Neemon in this reboot. Always thought he was a exclusive character. I'm glad to know Leomon leading a resistances. Making the story more interesting as it goes. I hope to see his ultimate form, they skip it over in the original and went straight to Saberleomon.

I'm surprise Mimi getting an ultimate evolution before Sora. If Palmon gets a proper champion evolution, then to ulimate, that means the rest like Sora will get a stock evolution animation like Matt/Tai.
vansonbeeAug 16, 2020 2:03 AM
Aug 16, 2020 1:53 AM
Sep 2015
Metallica_Nero said:
I noticed that they are starting to get more digimons from the other seasons like Neamon, maybe we won't get the human characters but I have a strong feeling that we will see the main digimons at some point. Especially Dukemon ( as a royal guard or something)

If Neemon appear with Bokomon I'd have more confident in crossover theory.
Aug 16, 2020 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
so i guess next few episodes all of them will go super evolution then next episode is Palmon super evolution time
Aug 16, 2020 5:40 AM

Feb 2013
Another cool evolution.
Aug 16, 2020 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So we'll have Mimi focus for the next ep I guess.
Weregarurumon was cool to be honest xD he's OP
Aug 16, 2020 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
The last episode forecasted that Sora was in Matt's Team. Also, there was a scene in the preview with Matt, and Joe. So the episodes already mentioned the members of Matt's team.
Aug 16, 2020 6:42 AM

Feb 2015
Way better than the last episode :)
There finally was some teamwork and the children are starting to get to know each other. It was also really refreshing to get a complete episode without Tai & Agumon (I like both of them alot, don't get me wrong, but them being absent allowed the other kids to get some spotlight).

I'm suprised Lilymon will be the next perfect level :o
Let's see how this turns out! :)

The original is still way better imo, but I'll wait for the reboot to finish before I give my final thoughts.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Aug 16, 2020 8:43 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I still prefer Weregarurumon transformation from the original series, but either way he's still a badass. I'm glad he got a chance to shine. Matt tries to act like a lone wolf type, but deep he's a huge softy when it comes to his friends and little brother.

So Leomon is leading the resistance digimon. I wonder when the kids are going to meet up with him?

Next week we will see Pallmon's Ultimate form.
Aug 16, 2020 9:02 AM

Mar 2018
Ultimates, ultimates everywhere. Now I'm guessing Devimon will asspull BS like not letting them evolve when he faces the kids.

These are not "chou shinka" (super evolution) but "cheap shinka". Gimme back my hype and tension I got from the original when they finally unlocked these hard-to-achieve evolutions after kids risking their life and blood. Minus one to score.

At least it's confirmed there's Leomon in this too. Can't wait to see him dead.

Aug 16, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2020
Holy shit, Weregarurumon is badass as fuck.
So, we are gonna see an ultimate every episode from now? Makes me curious about the final boss, since we had Omegamon so early in the series.
I still hope to see Myotismon and the dark masters, but anyway, I'm loving this show.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Aug 16, 2020 11:11 AM

Dec 2013
Aw, that evolution sequence was way too fast, I feel kinda bad for Scorpiomon losing limb by limb, Weregarurumon doesn't mess around.
Aug 16, 2020 11:33 AM
Oct 2012
Metallica_Nero said:
I just hope they don't kill Leomon again and let the meme die already

If this series let Leomon make it out alive I forgive this reboot
Aug 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 2018
We all know Leomon is gonna die from the very moment we knew about the reboot. The question is when and how.
"The world appears wonderful in the eyes of wonderful people." (Alicia Florence, ARIA)
Aug 16, 2020 7:34 PM
Dec 2008
And then you realize why the flying F was TRI ever EVER thought of, planned, made and released when you could have quick paced reimagining of Digimon instead of the MEGA BORING HELL IM FALLING ASLEEP SLOG that is TRI.

Lets just hope this show doesnt get ultimatly DESTORYED in its second season like XROS WARS was (Lets not ever talk about its third season)
LGHyourinmaruAug 16, 2020 7:40 PM
Aug 16, 2020 9:09 PM

May 2008
I can already see this reboot is going to have a flashback problem. I don't know which is worse, the narrator or the flashbacks of events that literally happen a few seconds ago.

I can also see idiot shippers on tumblr acting like this episode was all about setting up Sorato because he thought about her twice and the scene lingered on her even though it wasn't just about her, lol.

That said, I'm surprised we not only get 1) Yamato opening up so soon but 2) a smile, the first! Feels a bit sudden, tbh. I know Gabumon says he should, but I didn't expect him to do so until a little bit later. Jyou's reaction is typical Jyou, he's so enjoyable in this reboot.

Weregarurumon was awesome too.

Birdramon is as useless as ever. And Mimi is getting lost in ruins like always.

dat Neemon's voice tho

@Rei_III Nehehe, I would never do a disservice and let peeps remain in ignorant bliss when it comes to That. Sharing is caring!
It was how deep Neemon's voice was! In Frontier it wasn't as deep and sounded goofy, but here, it's akin to the goofy character suddenly turning into a badass. Shocking to my senses. xD
SakariiAug 19, 2020 11:52 AM
Aug 17, 2020 1:02 AM

Jul 2013
Just noticed that the evolution sequence for Agumon and Gabumon are much more fancy than the rest.

WereGarurumon's fighting style was dope.
Aug 17, 2020 1:52 PM

Aug 2017
So we are moving one cho sinka per episode. Next will be Lilimon, and then probbably Garudamon, Zudomon and finally MegaKabuterimon. So, the angels will appear in epidode 16, right?
Aug 18, 2020 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
Enjoyed the evolution here than the one for metal Greymon, the nostalgia just hit me much harder here than it did before.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 19, 2020 12:15 AM

Dec 2015
This empty (or rather unorganic, mechanical?) Yamato episode gives its central character far less time than it should, looking like it's on autopilot...
BUT it gives us WereGarurumon's 1st Hyakuretsukyaku ever. As a big Chun Li follower since my youngest age, I can only approve. What I don't approve is the lackluster revelation and ensuing battle for this new stage. Let's compare to MetalGreymon's shiny first posing apparition and a few (short) moments of its first fight: why is EVERYTHING so average or poorly drawn this time? Is Taiichi's duo favoured over Yamato's ?

2/5 (+1 for seeing a werewolf doing a "hyaku") Would have been 3/5 if I was discovering this at the age of 14 instead of the first series...

So, let's recap the show's priorities:
- Taichi > Yamato > the others > Takeru & Hikari (although those ones might get all the attention around the end of the first quest)
- showcasing evolutions > the rest

Ashhk said:
So we'll have Mimi focus for the next episode.

Let's hope it looks more like a focus than what they did this time with Yamato.

@Sakarii Why did I read you?! This series is not the least appealing (to me) but at the very least, there seems to be little to no stupidities about "that thing" (that isn't a thing). And here you come and destroy my faith in internet humanity again (even though it was already crumbling).
I only saw Frontier in german, this Neemon's voice was weird in comparison to the one from that show?
Rei_IIIAug 19, 2020 12:37 AM
Aug 19, 2020 7:03 AM

May 2015
I have to say this is slowly getting better so I hope Toei keep it up.
No Taichi this episode. ✅
Yamato is no longer bland. ✅
WereGarurumon. ✅
FRONTIER VIBE FOR THE 2ND TIME. ✅ At this point I'm not only hoping for more of but for Toei to completely reboot it lol even though I know they'll never do it.
Ma boi Leomon was mentioned. ✅ Can't wait for him to appear.

I don't know what Toei are thinking by introducing the perfect digimons even before introducing Takeru and Hikari but I hope it works. I'm somewhat liking that they're doing so before having the kids face Devimon tho.

I thought Garudamon was next but I was wrong, I guess the order for the remaining 4 will be random.
TheBerserkerAug 19, 2020 7:12 AM
Aug 22, 2020 2:43 AM
Oct 2019
My only gripe right now is how the evolutions to ultimate is less satisfying compared to rookie > champion evolution.

The epic visuals of "data" being pushed into the digimon then forming the new form. Really is awesome, its just sad that they were able to make it just for Greymon and Garurumon evo and that's it :(
Aug 23, 2020 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
Leomon got mentioned....yes.

And I still don;t like the fact that Agumon and Gabumon get the good digivolution animation.
Feb 8, 2022 5:49 AM

Feb 2020
WereGarurumon is always so cool.
Jun 7, 8:30 PM
Nov 2019
I loved this episode. So heartwarming. Wargarurumon was dope af.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 31 Discussion

Ashhk - Jan 9, 2021

32 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 30 Discussion

Dominik_Fark - Dec 26, 2020

45 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Yesterday, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

26 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Yesterday, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 28 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

31 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jun 12, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 27 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

31 by Themeaningof4869 »»
Jun 12, 1:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.