Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 25, 2013 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
So how come those vampires in the castle weren't undead?

Mar 20, 2013 11:06 PM
Jan 2012
Probably the most boring episode so far, I hope the next one is better.
Jul 12, 2013 1:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Marzan said:
IMO the doctor messed up. He should have pulled Ikumi aside and told her he believed her and slowly get people on their side before doing something about the Kanemasa's. Now he just ruined her credibility and made it harder for himself to find allies.

I know right. Really not sure what he's planning, or if he even has a good plan at all. And what is with those tears? It looked so dumb...I question a lot of the artistic/stylistic choices on this anime, even if it may be because they're trying to be as faithful to the manga art as possible...but seriously I just can't take some things seriously because of the hair or the tears in this episode. Well things aren't looking good for Ikumi.
Oct 16, 2013 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Ikumi, she may have been a quack and total nutcase, but she was surprisingly dead on about it all. It's understandable why the doctor didn't take her side, without any evidence it would have seemed like he was desperate to lay blame on anything at that point due to the stress of the "epidemic." That end was intense, it was so eerie when that woman grinned at the end.
Dec 3, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2012
That little vampire girl is very annoying, SHE MUST BURN! >:D
Jan 30, 2014 1:55 AM

May 2013
Sunoko about to bite the priest, i hope they stay friends and that was just a lapse, i like their talks i hope she's not setting him up somehow.
Feb 15, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, things in the preview seem to get messy.

I like how the woman was fucking crazy but still right xD

Toshio is really careful, but I think it will backfire on him at one point. If he lose the confidence of the villager, he'll lose his power.

Kirishiki seem to be a ''normal'' human. He doesn't seem to be the same type of that weird cat blue-haired guy, after all, they said that he was really one of a kind.

Next episode, I guess we'll learn that someone, Natsuno is surely immunized to vampirism. it look like Megumi ex-best-friend will get a little visit. It also look like Toshio will do some crazy experiment on his wife. That's fucking dark.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 1, 2014 7:35 AM

Sep 2013
I would hate to be the doctor. He's going to die of stress before a shiki attacks him.
Aug 18, 2014 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Okay you are right about the risen and all, but seriously what were you thinking without any back up or information or any good plan, going out screaming they are risens everywhere...
Not a smart move at all.
Sep 4, 2014 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Jaymie said:
Poor Crazy Lady. She's probably the most heroic character in the show, but she's also stupid like Natsuno.

The case of the Kirishikis is pretty weird though. Sunako and Lady Gaga couldn't go out in the sun, but the Wolf and the Clown could. Not only that, but the Clown had a pulse. Is it possible for the female Kirishikis to be vampires, and for the male Kirishikis to be werewolves?

No Natsuno. Blah. And what's up with the monk? He just wants everybody to die? Wow.
Ikr? This is what I've been thinking all along.The doctor and the monk found out what's going on,yet still they aren't putting out any effort to fight back.It's like these ppl are hopeless or stupid or something.First,ppl are dropping like flies and no one gets the common sense to move (i think those late night moves are actually the vampires and doing so those ppl probaby moved in the vampires house) .A rumor also starts to spread (And I know it did cuz that's village is so small they are all gossiping about every new detail),you'd thin that this would put some fear into some ppl and they would start panicking or something but no,everyone seems to be as calm as ever!! This is what seriously irks me!!Everytime somebody gets sick they all write it off as a flu and wait to take their loved ones to the doctor before it got so bad (after all,it's going around in the village that it's an epidemic.And yes!! That monk !!! shouldn't he able to provide some kind of protection or something?? He really seems like he wants evryone to die.He doesn't seem to care and the village seems to carefree and easy going for something that's supposed to an epidemic !!! (if that's what they believe smh)
Oct 23, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2014
Natsuno ;v;;;
And Tohru ;v;;;;;;

I feel so bad.
Oct 25, 2014 1:02 PM
Feb 2013
Why the hell is the doctor lying instead of revealing the truth about what he discovered?? Having a chance to prove something as unbelievable as that would be what anyone wanted, yet he wants to be the only one to know. So what if he was the only one who knew and got killed then, what then? Him and the glasses guy are not even doing anything, while people are dropping like flies. If you're not capable of doing something to protect them yourself, then at least reveal the truth to them so that THEY have a chance to believe you and protect themselves. But by holding back that information they are simply causing more death, what pussies. If the doctor had sided with the lady people would have believed them and maybe been able to do something!
DesirelessOct 25, 2014 1:08 PM
Nov 5, 2014 9:32 PM

Jun 2009
haha, well, the crazy lady's "theory" is going to be proved right but will she live to talk (more) about it?
Jan 2, 2015 11:58 PM

Jan 2014
The Doctor wasn't kidding! It looks like he's figured how the Risen gained access to his clinic. He really does conduct a bunch of experiments after figuring out his wife's been bitten. Great episode.
GanbatteBakemonoJan 3, 2015 12:03 AM
Jul 18, 2015 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
Lesson of the week: always trust the crazy lady.

Second lesson of the week: if you know someone's a threat, don't fucking tell them for goodness sake.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 15, 2015 6:52 PM

Feb 2013
RIP Heihachi Mishima

Also wtf, the outtro had more interesting things happening in it than the rest of the episode.
Sep 1, 2015 7:46 AM

May 2010
Hmm that old lady is truly a neutral character. I don't hate her, but her morals aren't that nice. She loots people, and apparently, is a miser as well. On the other hand, she was right about Kanemasa people, and while she didn't succeed in confirming it, it did cause suspicion to rise among the village folks. I am sure her death will cause these suspicions to enhance further. I think this was Ozaki's plan, let the fear naturally rise among the people's hearts. And I agree, it was the best plan he could go with with the information he had so far. Not to mention, his life is in danger and now that he did a favor to Kanemasa family, he can always launch an ambush attack of sorts.

That being said, I am gonna miss the ED. It was so so good!
Feb 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2014
Mixed ! , some parts about this show are good while some parts and especially that vampire,castle stuff is bad .
Average episode .
Feb 22, 2016 1:03 AM

Sep 2012
There goes the crazy lady.
Mar 28, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
Poor Ikumi, she may have been a quack and total nutcase, but she was surprisingly dead on about it all. It's understandable why the doctor didn't take her side, without any evidence it would have seemed like he was desperate to lay blame on anything at that point due to the stress of the "epidemic." That end was intense, it was so eerie when that woman grinned at the end.

IKR THAT ENDING THO
-----
this felt like a filler episode, but i still liked it. the crazy lady wanted to do something significant in her life and just went to the solution all wrong. she will be missed by me. i guess the reason why they did this episode is to draw out the interest of what the heck happened to yuuki.

and i really liked how the psychology of the doctor ("We can kill them right? We can just pierce their heart and then we can be free.") was working. he really is willing to do anything to get rid of the shiki. it must have killed him when he had to deny the old lady.
TomDayMar 28, 2016 9:38 PM
Apr 10, 2016 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
that preview of the next episode is amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
And more people get taken out...yeah and more is coming...ugh this is why I hate and love this series at the same time.

And I think this is where I started to hate Seishin.
Jul 20, 2017 12:08 AM

Feb 2016
Another frustratingly illogical episode. She had already been ousted by the good doctor as a quack, ironically, the village idiot.

So now they decide on that SAME DAY to silence her. They can't decide who becomes a vampire, if they could, then maybe they could convert her and make use of her as a mouthpiece, but they can't.

That vampire and butler is either a special specimen or a werewolf, who knows, I hope they explain this.

At this rate, 6-7/10 would be fair to score, anymore, would be the exceptional case of liking this show immensely despite everything else.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Oct 14, 2017 4:27 AM
Apr 2017
Not as eventful as the preceding episodes, but gave us reasons to continue watching. That twist ending was interesting; are the undead getting bolder due to their growing numbers? Attacking the old lady like that would be a lot less careful than what they've done in the past.
Nov 2, 2018 9:37 PM
Apr 2017
Rewatching the series. I started it again to get in the mood for Halloween (I have the BD/DVD set now), but I have long been a little unhappy about that 7/10 score I gave the show after my first watch. Thinking back on it, the show had so many great things going for it, that I forget about the weaker episodes like this one.
Apr 23, 2019 6:14 AM

Dec 2013
Aweee why the doctor just tell everyone what's really happening since that Ikumi or Izumi lady announced it to people already? Because of what happened, people will not believe about the Risens anymore. Argggg I didn't like what the doctor did more people will be dead I hate this

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 6:45 PM

May 2008
Liking Sailor Mars, but yeah, waiting within a 48 hour period to off her isn't the brightest move. Keeping her alive would be the logical step as to not get the rumor mill about them going.

Toshio is all kinds of frustrating. It's smart he took the chance to confirm something but he doesn't seem to know how to really make use of what he's given.
Oct 5, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2016
The village crazy is actually right!

Who knew
Nov 8, 2019 4:54 PM

Oct 2019
Well, crazy lady had it coming for her...
Dec 14, 2019 2:30 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, Toshio is just Natsuno with a Doctor's coat, it's absurd how intense he gets. I do understand the pressure he might be in, seeing how he runs the only Clinic in the surrounding rural districts, but jeez, a man with such responsibility should know how to rule over his nerves.

The redheaded hag keeps up a healthy-looking hair. I like her. I hope she turns the tables on that bamboozle.
Aug 19, 2020 3:50 PM

Feb 2020
I feel bad for this woman... As weird as she is, she's still in the right. Of course no one believes her for completely legit reasons, but still, I can easily understand her frustration.
And when she finally finds the proof of what she's saying, she actually becomes a prey of the "shikis"...

But the father isn't one ? He can cone out in the sunlight, he has a pulse... How is that possible ? The guy working for them (I suddenly forgot his name even though I finally managed to remember it) said he himself was a special case for being able to stay in the light...

Finally, Sunako almost bitting the monk was creepy. Is she faking her friendliness, or is it more complicated ?

Also, I wonder where is Masao now. He still doesn't seem to be a part of the vampires despite being a shiki.
Nov 25, 2020 3:02 AM

Dec 2018
poor old lady gonna die for being right ;~;
Jun 10, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2020
Desireless said:
Why the hell is the doctor lying instead of revealing the truth about what he discovered?? Having a chance to prove something as unbelievable as that would be what anyone wanted, yet he wants to be the only one to know. So what if he was the only one who knew and got killed then, what then? Him and the glasses guy are not even doing anything, while people are dropping like flies. If you're not capable of doing something to protect them yourself, then at least reveal the truth to them so that THEY have a chance to believe you and protect themselves. But by holding back that information they are simply causing more death, what pussies. If the doctor had sided with the lady people would have believed them and maybe been able to do something!

Agreed..........the doctor could at least tell the old lady that she's right and keep a low profile for the time being....
Jun 10, 2021 7:42 PM

Jan 2020
So I guess the priest and Sunako is officially enemies now...
Jun 10, 2021 7:43 PM

Jan 2020
Lol, Tatsumi chilling on the clinic unnoticed by other medical staff
Dec 2, 2021 12:22 PM

Mar 2019
Good job from Toshio, he's just amazing. Agreeing with that old lady wouldn't have been a good idea, but then again, I guess she's dead now.

Also damn, what happened in that secret place was something nice. I still don't now how to feel about Seishin, sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't. I'm curious to see if the relationship between him and Sunako will have an impact later on.

I'm 99% sure the "father" is a normal human, while the mother is the vampire, Sunako inherited her mother while Tatsumi inherited his father, hence the ability to stay outside and I don't think he has those fangs because in the beginning the mother was the one who transformed the first people, including Megumi and the ones in that house.
Alex_TheForestDec 2, 2021 12:25 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 25, 2022 9:01 AM
Nov 2020
Only the red haired old woman spitting the truth yet none believes her. Sad
Oct 28, 2022 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
We're now reaching the point where the plot is only progressing because of characters making dumb decisions or being outright incompetent. First we had the situation with Natsuno last episode where he stupidly left his house and got himself killed despite being fully aware of the danger posed by the okiagari and knowing full well that Toru was after him and that Megumi had been watching him, and now this where Ozaki decides to say nothing about what he knows in a situation where he could very easily turn the tide on the okiagari by confirming the crazy lady's suspicions to the townspeople: had he done that, he could have very easily instigated an angry mob of villagers to attack Kanemasa and deal with the okiagari while most of them are unable to fight back: sure, there's a few "pure" ones who can go out during the day, but it's not as if two or three people can hold off a mob of 100+ people. And of course Muroi deciding to stop helping Ozaki for no real reason was just bizarre, seemingly only done to force him into that situation with Sunako.

It's a shame that the writing is starting to decline in this fashion when the first 9 episodes were so strong.
Dec 2, 2022 11:35 PM
Nov 2021
why just why...just WHY ToT
Sep 9, 2023 11:12 AM

Nov 2010
Ikumi looked pretty back in the day. I like her long red hair. Aging sucks!

Seishirou and Tatsumi are so mysterious. I wonder what kind of vampire they are. Only the mother & daughter exhibit the same weakness as normal vampires.

I wonder what kind of strategy the doctor has. It was a wasted opportunity not to unite with Ikumi.
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
Feb 2015
Poor obaasan, she's right, Dr should backup her even if it sactifice his credibility as doctor. I know
he's waiting for evidence but it would be too late for the villagers by then
Apr 30, 3:40 PM

May 2021
She knows whats going on than instantly decides that confronting the obviously dangerous people is a good idea
Heroic but dumb
Inhales oxygen
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Muroi is one of the worst characters in anime ( 1 2 )

masaba - Mar 30, 2011

99 by JustMonaka »»
May 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
May 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.