Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 5, 2017 5:43 PM

Jan 2011
Yhuichy said:
WHY DIDNT TIGER TOLD HIM THAT SHE WAS THE GRIL HE SAVED, AAAAAARGH THATS ALL I WANTED TO SEE, IM SO ANGERY
Cause she ain't the girly girl type to do something like that.
Dec 5, 2017 5:44 PM

Aug 2016
gofhilman said:

It is Go Shiina doing the music actually...

I see, thanks for correction. Nice music
HopbeeKDec 5, 2017 5:51 PM
一期一会
Dec 5, 2017 5:57 PM

Dec 2015
"Ox-senpai, please take my life!!"

"Dun worry bae, i gotchuu"

*poke*
Dec 5, 2017 6:05 PM

Jan 2016
I love this episode the most out of the others. Tora's backstory really give you an inspiration. Usagi really discussed big philosophical issue of human condition. I will give this anime 9/10 overall just because of this episode. What was lacking till now is the backstory pacing and animation dropped.

"Righteousness cannot exist without intent,..... but those who are not doing the right thing should acknowledge that it's not that they cannot, but that they will not..... you must not forget that it isn't because you can't, but because you have chosen not to...."
-Ushii: Warrior of the Ox-

Holy land, this is deep.....
Dec 5, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2017
TheFreycook said:
Dumb, like I don't care about any of these characters and boring flashbacks for most of them doesn't change that. This show could've been way better if it was focused more on long battles with strategy rather than boring backstories and one shot kills

Ahh... you're probably watching the wrong show. If you've read the novel, it's focused less on the fights, probably told in a couple of paragraphs or five at the most. Most of it are focused on the characters' thoughts, more like a character study. So no, this show isn't for you if action is what you're looking for. You should've dropped it a long time ago. The last episode is probably going to bore you as f*** because if it will only have the last chapter, then it will be mostly all talking. And if they don't include the short sequel, then it will have an open ending. Stop watching if you don't want to end up getting frustrated.
Dec 5, 2017 7:21 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Idk how to feel about this episode. It was pretty meh. It's nice to see the interaction of Ox and Tiger before the Junni Taisen but I felt like their connection didnt mean much given Tiger died trying to save Ox who could've easily protected himself from Rabbit.

I did lol a bit when Tiger asked Ox if she could make a request cause the first thing that came to my mind was that she was gonna ask him for a kiss and surely enough it was the first thing she thought about. But then she ended wanting to be ended by Ox so its whatever.

As for Rabbit, his death was lame last episode but at the same time I had a gut feeling he wasn't actually done for so seeing him still "alive" is cool I guess. Wonder where Rat has been and it would be pretty lame if he ends up winning by just avoiding conflict even though it's something thats true to his character.
Dec 5, 2017 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Oh my fucking God, why? WHY??? Why did they have to pull this shit with Rabbit??? The motherfucker was cut to pieces, got his brain cut in half and somehow was still able to control his body parts...is he even human? The only thing that could explain this bullshit is if there was actually someone else controlling him from behind the scenes.

Well, at least the rest of the episode was decent. RIP Tora Best Girl. But now this brings a question: is Sheep's special bomb that Nezumi is looking for to kill Ox or is it to completely eliminate Rabbit? Because at this point he'll keep attacking even if he's sliced into tiny bits.
removed-userDec 7, 2017 3:59 PM
Dec 5, 2017 8:48 PM

Jan 2013
That was an unexpected end. Again so sudden, was looking forward to the duel too.
Dec 5, 2017 9:17 PM
Jan 2016
By far the best episode, also highlights what's so wrong with the entire series: only characters that have solid motivations, show growth, and do more than just grandstand for five minutes before instantly dying are interesting. That we did't get this until episode 10 is a goddamn shame.

tambi33 said:
Why is this anime so amazing... If this was a game I'd play it

But it would be a game with ten minutes of gameplay and 20 hours of cutscenes.
Dec 5, 2017 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
miguitronik said:
Only two episodes and two fighters left. Tora has my respect, she just wanted to prove to Ushii that she was a worthy opponent and ended up getting stabed by Usagi. If the reverse zodiac pattern continues, Rat will win, but Nisioisin is a troll and I would expect some sort of twist ending from him. Let's see what happens.

Can u tell me what the reverse zodiac pattern is?? I really need to know for my own refference
I like Furina, I love Furina.
Dec 5, 2017 10:29 PM

Jul 2016
I assume that Ox will die trying to fight off the dead rabbit parts and Rat will saunter on, collect his gem thingy and win.

In the zodiac race rat rides ox the whole way and jumps off at the last moment to win the race.
Dec 5, 2017 11:24 PM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we're getting more focus on Tora this episode.
Tbh, she actually seems like a normal girl outside of her duties and role in this show.

Not surprised that Tora would take the fall. Whenever there's a background about a certain character, they usually don't end up well. What's creepy is that Usagi is the one trying to still kill after what happened to him. Jesus Christ, can he get any more creepier? ;o

Going to miss Tora. She was a likeable character imo from this show.

Forget about the backstory flashbacks death flag lol the ending gave it away, it clearly following the order (with the exception of snake ofc)
Dec 6, 2017 1:51 AM
Jan 2016
Best episode so far. Rabbit still being in the competition was predictable, but at least he wasn't just killed off for the shock factor. Tora is best girl, and it was nice to see a different side of Ox.
Dec 6, 2017 2:09 AM

Jun 2016
Goddamnit. This show made me love and appreciate Tora, but then they killed her. Hahaha. Talk about fucking me up. Hahaha fuck you, show! -_-

And for a brief moment, I started shipping Ushii x Tora romantically. Pffft. The "I'm not gonna tell you we met before and you saved my life" cliche was okay, but they should've at least kissed before Ushii killed her. Lmao. All kidding aside, love Tora's decision for her wish instead of that 'kiss', tbh. Almost forgot that once you got hurt by Usagi then you'll end up one of his dead team.

RIP, TORA. I thought you were a bitch, but you were so nice after all. Ushii (Ox) inspired her to become a better person and not give up or something, then when she got the news there'll be a Juuni Taisen and realizes it'll be a battle of families from different thingamajig, she suddenly volunteered just to met Ushii. Waaaah this frustrates me so much.

ARE YOU TELLING ME, SHOW, THAT FUCKING USAGI IS STILL ALIVE?!? I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT! UGH.

Forgetting about Usagi surviving despite being sliced by Ushii and Tora, this episode is so great. And I noticed that Ushii's animation is somewhat off compared to them all. Am I the only one who noticed this every time he makes an appearance? Is it that hard for the studio to animate his beautiful face? Hehe.

Rooting for Ushii and Nezumi. Lol. Someone kill Usagi already. Ugh. So fucking annoying.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 6, 2017 2:15 AM

Nov 2013
Tora's flashback No. 2 and her connection to Ushii was interesting and good.

The episode would have been much better, if they hadn't pulled the stupid stunt with Usagi.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 6, 2017 4:07 AM
Aug 2015
The episode felt so fast because it only focused on 2 characters. Usagi technically became the top scorer in this killing game. He's so annoying that he can kill someone using his dead body :/ And we still haven't get his backstory yet... I didn't expect that Ushii was actually a really nice guy. He looked so terrifying back in the beginning of the show. Tora got the saddest story since it involving someone she's love. There are 2-4 fighters left (including Zombie Usagi & Zombie Shuryuu, I'm pretty sure they still alive). And we will get Ushii's episode next week.
renzosparkDec 6, 2017 4:13 AM
Dec 6, 2017 5:29 AM

Sep 2009
Eh, the flashback style has been pretty uninspiring since the first, but Tora's was actually good. RIP.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 6, 2017 5:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So thats how Tora and Ox met each other for the first time then. Without a will to do something you won't be able to do it effectively. At the end of the day its whether or not you chose to do it in the first place. Beneath the bloodthirsty legend that he has Ox is actually pretty kind. Meeting Ox and hearing his words really did create a lot of change in Tora though and allowing her to find the goal that she had been searching for. Kinda sad that he didn't remember her when they met again though. To think that Rabbit will be able to think this far ahead though. An interesting episode that did a good job of fleshing out Tora and Ox's past though. Tora's death was rather sad though but in the end she was able to get Ox to kill her at her own request and thus attain her wish of meeting him for the last time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2015
MAH BOY RABBIT DID IT. I was waiting for that counter attack, was not disappointed. I want to see more of him though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 6, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
One thing I didn't expect in this show was romance, even if one-sided. Tiger got redeemed all the way, she even protected Ox. Rabbit got redeemed, too, although in a different sense: he's not as dumb and did have Plan B in motion (a really creepy one, but it worked). Though now Ox will make sure to kill him for good.

Somewhat surprisingly, Ox turned out a very upstanding guy and probably the most deserving to win. I was perfectly fine with Rat winning until now, but now I'm kinda on the moral fence a little and want Ox to win even if I know it won't happen.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 6, 2017 10:38 AM
Oct 2007
The death can't get even more lame.. but apart from that, I actually liked the entire episode. I didn't even pause one time throughout. Especially the first half for the flashback despite being cliche. 4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2017 12:41 PM

Feb 2011
YAYAYAYAYAYAY More flashbacks for a character that's going to get killed in 1 shot. Such great writing !!!!!11111

I suppose the next ep will be dedicated to Ox's flashback and then the final battle which will probably end in a really dumb fucking matter like every other single interaction between characters in this dumb show.
Dec 6, 2017 2:45 PM
Jun 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
YAYAYAYAYAYAY More flashbacks for a character that's going to get killed in 1 shot. Such great writing !!!!!11111

I suppose the next ep will be dedicated to Ox's flashback and then the final battle which will probably end in a really dumb fucking matter like every other single interaction between characters in this dumb show.

What is good writing ? Two people bashing their dull swords against each other during 20 minutes until one of them drops dead ?
Dec 6, 2017 3:00 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't expect more of Tora's past, so she met Ushii before huh ... and he inspired her basically. Pretty interesting, and hearing Ushii's explanation of "doing right" was interesting too. Kinda sad how she pretended they'd never met before at the end so he wouldn't feel bad, I guess for him it was nothing special :P Either way, I was disappointed we didn't get our Usagi episode, since we've still got Rat and Ox to go :( Biting off his tongue to "kill" himself though? Uh, yeah pretty sure that's not how it works ... still, this was a strong episode in terms of character but kind of not much happening in terms of the plot lol :P
Dec 6, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2017
Hatsuyuki said:

Why do people keep complaining how dumb a show is yet they're still watching it? If you don't like something, just turn your back and walk away. If you're still here in this forum next week, it means you haven't dropped this show, which you find dumb, and I don't know how much that will say about you then.

Dec 6, 2017 5:28 PM

Feb 2011
staranise said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Why do people keep complaining how dumb a show is yet they're still watching it? If you don't like something, just turn your back and walk away. If you're still here in this forum next week, it means you haven't dropped this show, which you find dumb, and I don't know how much that will say about you then.

Because I had a bit of hope that this show will start redeeming itself towards the end but I guess I was expecting too much out of a mediocre author that loses himself when he steps out of his beloved Monogatari franchise.
Dec 6, 2017 5:46 PM
Jun 2017
GangsterCat said:
where is our future champion Rat??????
Nailed it!! Best comment!

kuriisutinaDec 6, 2017 5:51 PM
Dec 6, 2017 6:13 PM
Feb 2017
There's a lot I could say about this episode and how great Tora is, but I'm tired and lazy so I'll just say this: I expected Rabbit to use his creepy necromancy powers to come back but that was much MUCH more horrifying than anything I could've predicted (also I'm sad rabbit didn't get any backstory. I WANT TO KNOW WHY HE'S SO GODDAMN CREEPY!)
Dec 6, 2017 6:32 PM
Jan 2017
Does anyone know the background music title on the scene where TORA wished her death in the hands of USHII?

An answer is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Dec 6, 2017 9:03 PM
Jul 2016
Next episode: Ox commits sudoku because he couldn't repay tiger for saving his life. Rat wins by doing absolutely nothing at all. All according to keikaku
Dec 6, 2017 10:20 PM

Feb 2012
Alright I'm actually really satisfied with Tiger's death this episode. The show finally got one death right. That was overall well done. Happy to see Rabbit isn't actually gone as well.
Dec 7, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2017
Hatsuyuki said:
staranise said:

Because I had a bit of hope that this show will start redeeming itself towards the end but I guess I was expecting too much out of a mediocre author that loses himself when he steps out of his beloved Monogatari franchise.

Fair enough. I expect you'd be dropping this show them and we won't be seeing you in this forum next week?
Dec 7, 2017 12:55 AM

Oct 2017
Funny how everyone expects Rat not to do anything. I can't wait for the last 2 episodes. I wonder if they will animate flashbacks of some sort when Rat's ability is revealed, if the anime will show what he did throughout the zodiac war. I hope so because if it's merely through a conversation, that will be boring.
Dec 7, 2017 3:40 AM

Oct 2011
Can't believe such a stupid show had such a great nad inspirational quote, nice one Ox.

Dec 7, 2017 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
HenshinDrift said:

"Righteousness cannot exist without intent,..... but those who are not doing the right thing should acknowledge that it's not that they cannot, but that they will not..... you must not forget that it isn't because you can't, but because you have chosen not to...."
-Ushii: Warrior of the Ox-

Holy land, this is deep.....

The only good thing so far is this quote. I might even add it to my collections.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 7, 2017 8:10 AM

May 2010
DAMN Ox is my favorite now (looks like we have the same sign for a reason, after-all) I 100% agree with his views, I am surprised to find a spirit animal right here. Anyways, best guy.

And Toraaaaa, you shall be missed. RIP. Long live, Ushii x Tora.
Dec 7, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2015
One of the few good things about this series is the relationship between the tiger and the ox with that background song in the last moments of the tiger ... it was something beautiful.
Dec 7, 2017 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
well I hate this logic how can rabbit become one if the walking dead if the owner is dead
Dec 7, 2017 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
gj usagi! rip tora too.
Dec 7, 2017 3:55 PM

Jan 2014
This was my favorite episode. It really changed my mind about last week's. Tora was killed by the man she loved/admired... my heart. She did the right thing, even at the end. I doubt Ox would have been able to kill a kid he had saved or at least, it would have been 10x harder. Now I don't want Ox to die but I don't want Rat to either. THIS ANIME IS NOTHING BUT PAIN.
Dec 7, 2017 4:02 PM

Apr 2016
The episode about snake and dragon was boring so these past two made up for it. I like how inventive bunny is by throwing snakes head around the world to see the landscape. He is under using monkey though and it didn't show the betters reactions which I would have liked to see
Dec 7, 2017 7:23 PM

Aug 2016
Think this episode reimproved my opinion of the show after the last episode. The entire thing with the Rabbit still feels off/weird though, I guess we might get a back story for him eventually but he seems pretty fucked up at this point. After he jumped a thousand feet into the air to kill a dude I'd expected him to go out in a less.. Stupid way? He was crazy but he still seemed he knew what he was at, but the way the stuff with him ended just seemed to boring. I guess he bit his tounge so he can control his body but that never really ended up amounting to much. Though I guess he still has his gem inside him so I guess we'll be seeing more of his body parts flying sporadically everywhere? I guess? He's only chunks now so I doubt it's gonna be anything special though..
Dec 7, 2017 11:48 PM

Oct 2008
Tora kicked the bucket as well..and this was a bit emotional cuz Ox didn't even remembered Tora...
We knew Usagi had a plan, and that plan costs Tora's life, i hope Ox would go into rampage mode and completely pulverize Usagi, but we still have Rat...
4/5.

Dec 8, 2017 1:06 AM

Jan 2010
DuoraDoll said:
MAH BOY RABBIT DID IT. I was waiting for that counter attack, was not disappointed. I want to see more of him though.

At the sea of hatred towards rabbit, finally found a comment that's pro-rabbit lol

OT:
Rabbit is so creepy damn...
Can he re-attach his limbs or he's just going to fight with remaining limbs...

ALSO, CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHY THEY SKIPPED HIS FLASHBACK?!
With the remaining two episodes, it's gonna be Ox's and Rat's and I just... WTF?!
They're going to just let Rabbit ends as a psychotic necromantist pervert and nothing else? It's even less now, he's just a zombie with mangled body...
He's just there to be "an eye candy" and gore?

Tiger's flashback with Ox was really unexpected but I love how Tora's ending was handled (I was ready to cringe expecting her telling something out of place like asking for a kiss or a hug). Better yet, she didn't tell Ox they've met before. Really loving her character.
CrimsonMidnightDec 8, 2017 1:10 AM
Dec 8, 2017 1:39 AM

Nov 2014
Definitely pleased that Usagi's body parts started moving. I did rather like the history between Ox and Tiger as well.

It's unfortunate that TILL NOW the story hasn't moved from the same format of plot progression since the start. Nor will there now be an unlikely twist in the predictable death order. It's also genuinely weird that as an action battle royale type anime, we've not gotten 1 satisfying fight scene for an extended period of time.

Finally we get little to no background of our eventually winner at this point, which could result in that very anti-climatic "Yay... he won... I guess..." ending at the end of this series.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 8, 2017 6:57 AM

Oct 2017
Shicchi said:
DuoraDoll said:

At the sea of hatred towards rabbit, finally found a comment that's pro-rabbit lol

OT:
Rabbit is so creepy damn...
Can he re-attach his limbs or he's just going to fight with remaining limbs...

ALSO, CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHY THEY SKIPPED HIS FLASHBACK?!
With the remaining two episodes, it's gonna be Ox's and Rat's and I just... WTF?!
They're going to just let Rabbit ends as a psychotic necromantist pervert and nothing else? It's even less now, he's just a zombie with mangled body...
He's just there to be "an eye candy" and gore?

Tiger's flashback with Ox was really unexpected but I love how Tora's ending was handled (I was ready to cringe expecting her telling something out of place like asking for a kiss or a hug). Better yet, she didn't tell Ox they've met before. Really loving her character.

Rabbit doesn't seem to have a backstory. His details are unknown. Spoilerish...
But I'm still hoping the anime will insert some sort of filler to give a brief background about him.

Dec 8, 2017 6:59 AM

Oct 2017
BurningSpirit said:
Definitely pleased that Usagi's body parts started moving. I did rather like the history between Ox and Tiger as well.

It's unfortunate that TILL NOW the story hasn't moved from the same format of plot progression since the start. Nor will there now be an unlikely twist in the predictable death order. It's also genuinely weird that as an action battle royale type anime, we've not gotten 1 satisfying fight scene for an extended period of time.

Finally we get little to no background of our eventually winner at this point, which could result in that very anti-climatic "Yay... he won... I guess..." ending at the end of this series.

I'm not sure who you're referring to as the winner but I'm sure the winner's background will be revealed at the last episode, as well as the winner's ability. Or are we thinking about different characters?
Dec 8, 2017 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
staranise said:

Rabbit doesn't seem to have a backstory. His details are unknown. Spoilerish...
But I'm still hoping the anime will insert some sort of filler to give a brief background about him.

Well damn... if it's really intentional even in the source material, that's some bad/lazy writing if you ask me...
I was thinking about putting him in my extended fav character list... but if there's nothing else to the character then meh. What a big disappointment. He is such a crazy character that I was really looking forward to know his backstory.
Dec 8, 2017 8:25 AM

Apr 2015
Tiger's a better written character than most others here and the episode was written slightly better, but unfortunately it felt more frustrating than emotional.
Dec 8, 2017 4:08 PM

Nov 2014
staranise said:
I'm not sure who you're referring to as the winner but I'm sure the winner's background will be revealed at the last episode, as well as the winner's ability. Or are we thinking about different characters?
I was being discreet to avoid spoilers, if anyone hasn't figured out the death order yet. The winner is

I'm aware there'll likely be a character background reveal of the winner. But character background reveal is not quite the same as character development over the course of the story. My point is, I'm lamenting the fact that we still know nothing AT THIS POINT, which will make it difficult for the show to make me feel invested in the character at the end, especially with a short background reveal likely spanning 1 episode (given there's only 2 episodes left).
BurningSpiritDec 8, 2017 4:12 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

155 by Jawnyblaze »»
Jun 28, 6:31 AM

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.