Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 7, 2017 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
I watched so many anime in 2017 compared to other years and found a few new favorites, anime and manga, just in this one year. XD
Oct 7, 2017 7:10 AM
May 2017
It changes very often for me. Like last year for example, 5 anime in my top 10 started in 2016. However, it did change since then if you look at my list now, because last season I got obsessed with Ballroom e Youkoso for some reason, which removed one from 2016.
I think though I found my perfect anime, even if it's creation wasn't too long ago, which is 3-Gatsu No Lion.
Oct 7, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
Mine definitely wasn't the first I watched, and my tastes have changed a lot. My favorite anime used to be shugo chara while now it's Higurashi. I don't see it changing from Higurashi to anything else anytime soon though. The first change was more so just because I grew out of more childish shows.

Oct 7, 2017 7:15 AM

Apr 2017
Not until this series got adapted

I meannn reallly...

This could be better if they could just dispose Project D instead of replacing with this one

Amarite?

Still don't know who's set of directors could possibly adapted this show

Without Ryuutarou probably -_-

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Oct 7, 2017 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
considering I dont have the one ultimate favourite I guess no. They wont change all that much, something would need to be perfect to replace my favourites as favourites and what are the odds. We rarely get anime with proper endings because they are only manga teasers. And originals fall short somewhere. Its always like this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 7, 2017 7:48 AM

Aug 2017
doesn't change and i'm hoping that it won't as well
Oct 7, 2017 9:30 AM

Mar 2016
Ahhhh, no.

I will never like an anime more than Inuyasha because Inuyasha, though it wasn't my first anime, was the first anime to engage me on a higher level than say Pokemon or Hamtaro. It made me feel a complex range of emotions and inspired me to become a different person. It was the first anime I watched that I acknowledged as anime and it had been around for years but my parents never let me watch it. I grew up listening to songs from Inuyasha from my older brother's music collection and the music is the string I've always had connecting me to Inuyasha.

When I was finally old enough to bypass my parent's discretion, Inuyasha was the first anime that plunged me into this large community. I owe Inuyasha and Rumiko Takahashi a huge debt. Inuyasha changed my life.

Now, if I had to choose an anime as my favorite that is not Inuyasha, currently it would be the Seven Deadly Sins. I watch that show so much even though there's only a few episodes. I wish it were a 100+ episode series like Inuyasha WITH filler episodes because I do enjoy all the characters. I want to see them in all aspects of their daily life.

But to wrap this up, no, another anime will never take Inuyasha's place in my heart. I'd never abandon my loyalty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2017 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
I HIGHLY doubt it, due to FMA/FMA: Brotherhood has been my favorite anime series since forever and as long as anyone can remember but hey, I guess anythings possible....
Oct 7, 2017 9:47 AM
May 2017
Maybe i will, i mean if this anime interisting me i will watch it for sure
Oct 7, 2017 11:40 AM
Have a nice day

Apr 2017
Went back and forth between Steins;Gate and Koe no Katachi at #1 for months, finally beat out by the hidden beauty that is NHK no Youkoso. Just watched Made in Abyss and that came very close, if a second season comes out things would change.
Oct 7, 2017 12:15 PM
Feb 2009
If your favourite anime is from way back (meaning you watched it ages ago) then it isn't your favourite anime. Because it won't be as good as you remember.
Just a thought to some comments.
Oct 7, 2017 12:17 PM

Feb 2015
I haven't even found 10 anime I'd call favorites(I could possibly add Kill la Kill to my fav list, and some others after giving them a rewatch).

But finding something that tops what Aria did for me? I don't think so.
Oct 7, 2017 1:45 PM
Oct 2017
Every time, it is suddenly something, i didn't expect from some shows to be my favorite. For example my first favorite one, was the first anime i ever watched, but through some time, i always find something that greatest then the latest one. HAVE A NICE DAY ma dude
Oct 7, 2017 1:53 PM
Jun 2017
nymi said:
So far only code geass dropped from my top 10 to add jojo. My rating for code geass would probably drop once the cash grab movie is shown.
So you'll change your rating for the original series based off the movies? That's fucked up
Oct 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Jan 2016
For me, it's both. I have liked Dragon Ball since grade school, and it's still my favorite, but I have other shows I have as my second favorites that I have completely moved on from, like the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
Oct 7, 2017 6:56 PM

Aug 2016
If you're talking about top 10 favorites, then those have been changing often since I seriously gotten into anime until around February 2017

Since then I only replaced 1 favorite and modified the positions of my current top 10 around but the same 10 remained

If you're referring to the most favorite ever changing. I can't see it happening, but that won't stop me from finding something that will surpass
Oct 8, 2017 12:53 AM
Feb 2009
My top favourite is the same from 2013. Bakemono.
Before that it was Code geass but it didn't stande the test of time. I watched it in high school and my tastes have just matured.
S;G and SNAFU came close to Bakemonogatari but there was no chance of them dethroning it.

Nothing I think is capable of getting to no1 is coming. Index and Code Geass are really nostalgic but had faults. If the sequels on these bring up these old memories and fix problem points then maybe.
Oct 8, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2016
I wouldn't mind finding another favorite, but I doubt that my true #1 will ever change.
Oct 8, 2017 6:50 AM

Mar 2016
Unlikely. I've seen too much of what falls under my preferences.
Oct 8, 2017 6:52 AM
Jul 2016
maybe, but i think we can always find anime that make us love watching anime
Oct 8, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
I will find one soon.......................
Oct 8, 2017 7:06 AM

Aug 2015
Though my "all time favourite" will always be the one that brought me to Anime world (Fairy Tail), my normal "favourite" anime usually changes from time to time.. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 8, 2017 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah I started rewatching my favorite as the dub recently came out, but I can't get pass episode 6 so it kinda ruined the experience for me
Oct 8, 2017 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
The problem with a "favorite" is that it is extremely influenced by the state in which you watched the show. A lot of experiences feel like they hit the spot once you've had them, but in retrospect you start to wander "did I really like it that much?". I personally have a few "favorites" which had their influence on me. All of them I also consider well-made shows that have more than just "I had fun watching it" to me.

Before I developed this opinion, I had Durarara as my favorite, because of the way it dealt with it's characters, the interactions (overt or covert) between them, the outlook on society as a sum of all it's parts and who those parts are. But most of all, I think it's the first show I've watched and really appreciated after moving from the "tits and hits" era of junior high. I did rewatch the whole thing just before the sequels came out, so nostalgia glasses don't really play a big part in this preference nowadays.
Oct 8, 2017 7:25 AM

Feb 2016
I wouldn't say my favorit animes are the first animes i've ever seen (well..not all of them xd ) but yeah, i'm really having hard time getting the feel you get from the "favorit" animes for some reason
Oct 8, 2017 9:53 AM
Feb 2009
Morshay said:
The problem with a "favorite" is that it is extremely influenced by the state in which you watched the show. A lot of experiences feel like they hit the spot once you've had them, but in retrospect you start to wander "did I really like it that much?". I personally have a few "favorites" which had their influence on me. All of them I also consider well-made shows that have more than just "I had fun watching it" to me.

Before I developed this opinion, I had Durarara as my favorite, because of the way it dealt with it's characters, the interactions (overt or covert) between them, the outlook on society as a sum of all it's parts and who those parts are. But most of all, I think it's the first show I've watched and really appreciated after moving from the "tits and hits" era of junior high. I did rewatch the whole thing just before the sequels came out, so nostalgia glasses don't really play a big part in this preference nowadays.

Yes, exactly.
Bakemonogatari for me was just as great years later but I have reduced many ratings of my favourites when rewatching years later.
A bit afraid to watch my old favourites again.
Oct 8, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
well my number 1 spot One Piece, and number two spot Welcome to the NHK, will never change.

However, it's very possible for a show to get in my top 10, last show that managed to do that was Re Zero
Oct 8, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
I like to say that it is possible... but I would not be surprised if it were to take me 7 years before finding one, I've become very picky.
Oct 8, 2017 2:17 PM

Aug 2016
Nope. Hunter X Hunter is just nearly perfect in every regard and is just an absolute masterpiece. It will remain my favorite forever.

As far as classics go? I will never let go of Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece from my favorites. Inuyasha was the first legit anime I ever watched and took over my life when I was younger and centered around my nights. Yu Yu Hakusho and One Piece just have too many memorable fights and characters to not remain for me.
Oct 8, 2017 4:41 PM

Apr 2017
Gurren Lagann is my favourite right now. It's only been my favourite upon my rewatch of it early this year.

Before that, it was Toradora, when i watched it late last year, and before that it was Samurai Champloo when I watched it around 2015. and then i think it was Darker than Black Season 1 a bit before that.

Basically I'm saying that it is definitely possible, maybe even likely that it will change. One can only hope
Big breast are full of dreams, but small breast are full of hope.
Oct 8, 2017 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
HannibalQ said:
Gurren Lagann is my favourite right now. It's only been my favourite upon my rewatch of it early this year.
I have been willing to rewatch it to decide whether I consider it a favorite or Aria, so I might join that club.

So yeah, I will probably find a new one, it was Code Gayass at first, then CLANNAD AS, then Sora no Woto and now it is still technically Aria the Animation but I have been wondering for a while now and for a moment even switched the top 2 around and I think Gurren Lagann might be my favorite. The thing is tho, with each time they change the harder they cement that spot so the harder it is to change them, so I will probably find myself in a situation when it will be near impossible to find something better, maybe it will be Aria and maybe it Will be TTGL, fuck knows.
Oct 8, 2017 4:54 PM

Mar 2017
I doubt it'll change but I hope I eventually find something better. It wasnt my first anime or anything but I enjoyed LOTGH like nothing else.
Oct 8, 2017 4:57 PM

Sep 2009
Given that I found my current favourite (Flip Flappers) after close to 10 years of watching anime. I think the answer to OP's question is "yes". I doubt that will be the last one. We are living in a golden age of anime after all.
Oct 8, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
I hope so, but for now Haikyuu!! is my undisputed number 1.
Oct 8, 2017 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
I struggle to find good anime series anymore. I have to go through and watch a bunch of older series on my PTW list, but I doubt I will find anything as good as what I have seen anyway. (I am planning on watching LoGH soon, so that might change)
Oct 8, 2017 5:54 PM

Apr 2017
I've only got 100 completed anime under my belt, so I'm sure I'll come across a new favorite anime

Oct 8, 2017 6:47 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I don't think I will find a new favourite anime anytime soon.
Oct 8, 2017 8:01 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Know what's funny? I'm on episode 13 of Shoukoku no Altair, the latest episode and end of the first cour. And it's ranked 13, the newest favorite, on my favorite anime. For only halfway through the anime, that's really high up, passed a lot of other awesome anime. Pissed Shoukoku no Altair's not getting the recognition it should get.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 8, 2017 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
It's technically possible, but that something would have to be pretty amazing to top Monster.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Oct 8, 2017 8:47 PM

Jul 2016
I find a new favorite anime every few years. The first Anime I watch was Attack on Titan and I was convinced it was the best-animated series the world had to offer. Nowadays it's not even on my top ten. My favorite anime after that was One Piece and it still is my favorite Manga but it went downhill. My Current favorite Anime is Tengan Toppa Gurren Laggan and it has been for a year and a half.

I also don't understand why some people insist on keeping their Favourite things the same forever.
Oct 8, 2017 11:27 PM

Aug 2016
The way I see it, the ever-changing search for favorites never ends.
Oct 8, 2017 11:33 PM

Aug 2009
Probably not. Ikkitousen has been in that top slot for years, and I'm fine with that.

...for the most part.

Oct 8, 2017 11:35 PM

Feb 2017
mine changed already it used to be eureka 7 and now i like the fate series
Oct 9, 2017 4:47 AM
Feb 2017
There are still tons of potential good animes I haven't seen yet. I only watched like 15-20 of top 100 excluding the movies. So there's good chance my favorites will change.
I haven't even watched fmab and Steins gate.
Oct 9, 2017 4:51 AM
Sep 2015
What makes entertainment industry awesome is that the moment you feel nothing new happens, something happens and u wil like it. Atleast to me... And Anime, omg. Every Season something new comes which i like. So yeah i doo find new fav anime..
Oct 9, 2017 10:47 AM
Feb 2009
FacelessVixen said:
Probably not. Ikkitousen has been in that top slot for years, and I'm fine with that.

...for the most part.

whoa,
that's favourite with a pretty average rating.
Did you watch it long time ago?
Oct 9, 2017 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
Maybe it'll change, but it needs to be pretty good to beat the ones I already have on my top 5.
Oct 9, 2017 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
With all those half assed 1 cour adaptations
I don't think so
Oct 9, 2017 11:39 AM
Aug 2011
My Hero Academia is almost or at least on par with my other favorite shonen, Yu Yu Hakusho.
Oct 9, 2017 11:39 AM

Sep 2015
can't find anything better than pretentious gay men in space drinking tea ;_;
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1167 by 2Trace-Rail9 »»
5 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

74 by Nurguburu »»
5 minutes ago

» Do you think Male targeted romance/manga are good.

Lol1268 - Oct 11

22 by DarkShame2 »»
6 minutes ago

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ame - Oct 13

244 by MFDOOMED »»
6 minutes ago

» Troll the audience episodes

TheBlockernator - 57 minutes ago

5 by Galletita »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.