Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2017 7:36 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this was a good episode. Boss Jimbei announces to his crew his desire to join the Straw Hats, and the Sun Pirates happily agreed and even rooted for him. Nice! His crew are all very supportive. :) Praline and Aladdin look so sweet together. ;D

Pedro tells about his past and how he used to be a pirate, because he aims to obtain the Ponegliff that was in Big Mom's possession, but his crew had been defeated back then. So Pedro vows to help the Straw Hats in any way possible especially in obtaining the Ponegliff while they take back Sanji.

The Straw Hat Pirates finally arrive at Whole Cake Island but apparently, Sanji is already waiting for them?? Eehh??
May 27, 2017 7:42 PM

Dec 2013
Jinbei is surrounded by fish bros!

Good to have more information with Pedro. Looking forward to them stealing the poneglyphs.

Dat wheel tho!

An example of true love lol
May 27, 2017 8:15 PM

May 2015
I hope Jinbe can escape Big Mom clutches without having to pay the consequences (fate), like how Zoro avoided getting his arm chopped by the sword in the sword-shop in Loguetown.

On a side note:
Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Brook, Carrot, Pedro, Pekoms(?) rescuing Sanji and now they are going to stole a Poneglyph...! I don’t know man its seems to me that they are biting more than what they can chew.
May 27, 2017 9:53 PM

Apr 2016
I almost cried when Jimbei was talking about Luffy, he is such an amazing nakama ;.;
I really am worried for him though especially with that roulette thing, thats really messed up!
I also like Praline she has a cool character design
May 27, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2014
That was a great episode.

I loved the part where the Sun pirates told Jinbe to live for himself. He's always been helping and doing thing for others, I'm really glad that the Sun pirates recognized that and told him to follow what he wants to do. Very heartwarming scene. :)
Aladdin though. xDD

Jinbe is put to test by Big Mom with the Roulette, hope his price isn't too big. :(

Glad to hear Pedro's past and his attempt to get the Poneglyph, really glad he decided to help out the StrawHats by fetching the Poneglyph details. The comparison to Roger is always nice.

Luffy pulling ant teeth out of his back was funny.

Final scene with the crew reaching Wholecake was awesome, it's always these kinda scenes that give One Piece this amazing adventurous vibe.

Sanji with a lollipop in the PV, 4Kids reference much Toei? XD
May 27, 2017 11:17 PM

Mar 2015
Really good episode, lots of cliffhangers from this one, what with Jinbei's fate against the roulette and Sanji acting weird when they finally find him.

The episode preview implies it isnt him though!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 28, 2017 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
aint that roulette thingy similar to deadman wonderland?
very little plot as always xd
May 28, 2017 2:44 AM

Jul 2008
Praline was more awesome than I expected her to be.

And also I never thought I'd see this nightmare again....Sanji with a...LOLLIPOP!
May 28, 2017 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
Jinbei is in big trouble, Mom doesn't want to let him leave with all his limbs.
May 28, 2017 3:50 AM

Sep 2014
Nice episode. Jimbei's part was very good and it was great to see how supportive his crew truly is. Got to learn some info regarding Pedro's past. He is going for the Red Poneglyph while the others will go for Sanji. Sanji with a lollipop lol.
May 28, 2017 4:07 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty slow ep. not much happened.
May 28, 2017 4:36 AM
Dec 2016
man i dont wanna watch the nex episodes...i hate this kind of things... i hope that will be quick...but this was a nice episode ...not much story but finally they appeared at the island
May 28, 2017 6:05 AM
May 2017
So Jinbe is going to lose some life span or any parts of body .
I wish he joins straw hat pirates without losing something
May 28, 2017 8:12 AM

Feb 2015
Very good episode. Jinbei has intentions of joining Luffy and leaving Mom but with a cost. Luffy is finally in the whole cake island looking for Sanji and the red poneglyph also with the help of Pedro and Pudding. The animation was very good.
May 28, 2017 8:13 AM

May 2014
Really enjoyed this episode and the art and animation are mostly consistent with no derpy designs, FINALLY we are comparable to DBS.

Looking forward to the next episode, experiencing this again after the manga is very nice.

May 28, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2016
Superb episode, it had alot of things to like. Jinbei and the fishmens moment was touching, big moms moment was scary, Pedros moments was sad and funny bits in between everything.

I love how TOEI have stepped up their game since the start of this arc, let's hope that they continue that
May 28, 2017 9:56 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
LET'S DO THISSS~!

YAS JIMBEI.

I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out for him. I bet Luffy will be excited to see him again :D

Rude... How about you just let the nice person go yeah? Lmao... don't even try and take anything from my lil fluffball of goodness. Jimbei is heaven-sent.

Luffy is just yes :') I'm proUD OF MY SMOL PIRATE CHILD LULULU.

AND WE'RE HERE. WOOT WOOT. LET'S DO THIS :')

Hype tho.
May 28, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2016
Sooo Jimbei wants to join the Strawhats, I got goosebumps when he said none of the Yonkou would become pirate king, but Luffy would. :')
Was it my imagination, or was the animation like, much better this episode?
So I guess that Sanji they saw wasn't Sanji...
And now they're gonna steal the Ponegliff, so hyped!!
May 28, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2013
Jimbei with his crew talking about laving big mom and she brings out the roulette.
Pedro came once for the poneglyph and now wants to try again for luffy.

Good nami moment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 28, 2017 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
That scene with Jimbei and the sun pirates was really nice. I think it would be the first time Jimbei can do something he wants by himself and not what he has to do like protecting fish island.
I was surprised that his vize captain is married with a daughter of Big Mom. The love is real :D

My bad feeling came true. This roulette of Big Mom doesn't look good. She's so cruel, I really hope nothing to bad will happen to Jimbei. :(

Interesting to hear what happened to Pedro in the past. So he travelled together with Pekoms and got beaten in Big Moms territory. Must be hard to go back to this place. But he's right about the poneglyph. There will never be a better opportunity to steal it or copy it. The question is, how will Pedro manage to do this?

Finally they arrived Whole Cake Island and like Pudding promised Sanji is waiting for them. But his face expression doesn't look like he will go with them. Hopefully the next episode will explain it.

May 28, 2017 9:19 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like Jimbei is about to lose a limb.

It seems like Sanji is running away in the preview for next episode. I wonder why?
May 29, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
Jimbei to lose nothing.

Going to whoop Big Mum's ass himself and take the road ponegliff to Luffy as a gift :P
May 29, 2017 2:37 AM

Oct 2013
LOL, Big Mom wants a limb or a head. Haha, why not just keep him captive if he ends up spinning a head?
May 29, 2017 5:47 AM

Jul 2013
Let me guess... Sanji's gonna play hard to get and say nonsense like Big Mom's too strong for Luffy so they better leave him there and forget about him or something.

Anyway, Jimbei is finally joining them Strawhats albeit without an arm or a leg. About time they have some father-figure that would give them good advice.
May 29, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2016
I'm glad Pedro got some much needed character development

Also I'm shitting my pants in anticipation for what is going to happen to Jimbei!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 29, 2017 8:49 PM

May 2017
why was nami in a suit of armor for that quick shot at the end of the ep?
May 31, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2016
when Jimbei said that he want to join the SHP, I feel like.... >0< I cant wait to see you to be the member of SHP!
Jun 2, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2014
I kind of cried when Jimbei was talking about Luffy ;-;
I'm worried about him though, I mean Big Mom is ready to hack his limbs off before he leaves her crew!

Animation was on point too, especially during the end! I love how Nami was clad in freakin' armour, probably to shield herself from the ants XD

So Pedro has been to Whole Cake before as a pirate to steal Big Mom's Poneglyph, and he wants to right his past failure by trying again. So now they're gonna try to take that as well as save Sanji.
Tbh I think coaxing Sanji back is gonna be difficult enough...I'm not sure they can even do that, let alone grab a Poneglyph on the way. -_-

Also, that was a very cruel cliffhanger now that I'm all caught up with One Piece. I seriously cannot believe I'm up to date in a matter of months *0*

Watching weekly is gonna be torture.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2017 2:59 PM

Dec 2014
Well I have to say big mom is quite scary....
Jul 7, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2010
Jimbei's dedication for Luffy is amazing :3 Roulette thing reminds me too much of Deadman Wonderland, but I kinda doubt we'll be getting gore in this series lolz.
Jul 17, 2017 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm they arrived way faster at the island than expected, I figured they'd screw around at some other islands.
For some reason though, I have a feeling the island is a fake of some sorts, like the one DBZ had with the fake Namekian planet.

Lmao entire budget went into Nami's breasts physics when running from the ants :D
Also what the hell was with Nami in a suit of armour just before the scene overlooking the island ?
PrOxAntoJul 18, 2017 3:45 AM
Oct 15, 2017 5:21 PM

May 2010
LOL, this episode is awesome with its subtle details! Nami in a suit of armor after fighting the ants was hilarious, and Sanji showing up sucking a lollipop just takes the cake. If, as I suspect, he's a fake Sanji, then signaling his fakeness with a lollipop is a brilliant mockery of the 4kids dub. If not, well, it's still funny...
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 23, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty slow again, seems like Jinbe really will join.
Feb 11, 2018 3:59 PM

Dec 2014
My worst worry for Jimbei if he joins the crew is a potential nerf.
Jun 5, 2020 8:31 AM

Jun 2016
Jimbei got the blessings from his boys, Wadatsumi included. One of the two mentions of Luffy becoming the king in this single episode as Jimbei said Luffy would become the king rather than any current emperor! The other mention was Pedro suggesting the mink rulers were reminded of Roger and his crew when they met Luffy, only showing the road poneglyph to those two groups. But to go back to Jimbei, it was a sweet scene. In the fishman island flashbacks, Jimbei said that paying back a debt of honor is more important than carrying out his mission, and I think of that line alongside him often. Jimbei is a man of conviction and duty, sternly standing beside what and who he thinks is right, and this wise man is betting on Luffy. Suggesting that it may bring true freedom to fishmen. After that, we met Praline, another one of Mom’s daughters which looks like she participated in a political marriage bridging her family to the Sun Pirates, and yet another daughter who chooses her own life over Mom’s wishes and, at least stated, she’d run away with Aladdin. I adore her design it really pops, she seemed quite blunt and uncaring when it came to sending Jimbei off to his potential death but if she loves Aladdin, I’m on her side!

Meanwhile, in the actual meeting with Mom, we got quite the tense scene. Starting off, I had thought she may choose not to kill Jimbei. If we went in expecting the worst and Mom subverted the expectation, that above all else would be striking for her character. Instead what we got was Mom suggesting Jimbei can go free but to make sure her reputation doesn’t get hurt by her allegiances being broken, he has to lose something too. Bringing out a roulette board with arms and heads and legs on it, the implication is clear, and all while doing this she eats more living food. Quite horrific, huh? That said, losing an arm doesn’t mean death but Praline said all who leave Mom die so there are still questions to be had. Regardless, if she did choose to punish Jimbei in such a way it would maintain her respect and it’s a “fun” way to do so. Gosh I can’t wait for Jimbei to join the crew, his mature style of order and badassery would be such a great addition!! By the way, someone fearing a Jimbei nerf had me think of a hypothetical where that does happen due to chopping off a limb, but I suppose that'd only last until they met Law again!

Lastly, Pedro stated he was once a pirate with Pekoms and they lost to Big Mom in her territory while looking for the road poneglyph for Viper. So now if he can help steal it, and help their savior Sanji, he’s willing to. There is still some mystery around this obviously, Pekoms ended up joining Big Mom and Pedro supposedly didn’t. And with that, Sanji appeared, producing an aura of “turn back” if you ask me.
Jul 13, 2021 5:36 PM

May 2016
I wonder what Jinbei would end up losing to Big Mom's departure roulette...

It looks like by coming with Luffy, Pedro got a second chance to realize his dream of helping the people his master respects greatly in finding the One Piece. They've come across all sorts of dangers along the way but they've finally arrived at Whole Cake Island. It's probably more fitting to say that the real challenges start here, though!

If that really was Sanji, he would've been shown right away but something's pretty off about him.

Aug 18, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
Things are looking pretty sweet from what I can see... LOL
Sep 4, 2021 12:01 AM

Aug 2021
Hope that's really Sanji standing at the island
Jan 17, 8:17 AM
Oct 2019
Let's go Jimbei!!
Our 10th members of Straw Hat Crew.
I believe Luffy said at the beginning of the series that he just need 10 peoples on his crew.

I just love Pedro VA, Urahara from Bleach.

I see this whole episode budget went into Nami Booba jiggle when she was running.
They know what they are doing lol
davidyodo24Jan 17, 8:23 AM

More topics from this board

» The one piece

Danger_Hunter81 - Jun 5

21 by Rahat_Dpi »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 86 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Sep 22, 2009

92 by leafdrops »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

27 by KitsuFrost »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1015 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 23, 2022

486 by dusty22 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 380 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VK11 - Dec 7, 2008

113 by AkiraxToru »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.