Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 27, 2017 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time we get to see Uraraka in action again. Her opponent is Bakugou and I've been looking forward to this fight ever since it was first announced.

The fight feels like a mismatch with the difference in power but I like Uraraka's determination. Out of the fights so far, this has been the most intense one yet imo. I like how the crowd shits on Bakuago for not going easy on a girl

It's too bad she lost but Uraraka earned my respect this episode.

Damn it, Endeavor is such a bad father.
May 27, 2017 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
It's Bakugo vs. Uraraka to end the first round of the one-on-one tournament! Uraraka's got heart, craftiness, and more than a little toughness. I loved her move that gathered all the rock fragments to hurl at Bakugo. Reminded me a bit of a similar move Piccolo used on Android 17 in DBZ. Unfortunately however in the end the difference in power between her and her opponent was simply too great to overcome. She shouldn't feel bad, but the tears during her conversation with her father were certainly understandable, and rough to see. :( Bakugo's still a huuuuge douchebag as far as I'm concerned, but even he acknowledged her toughness...for whatever that's worth. And speaking of douchebags we quickly move from a crushing defeat to a startling encounter as young Midoriya comes face-to-face with Endeavor! The awful parent is counting on Izuku to give his son a valuable learning experience, but Deku's not about to let him have his way. You tell that asshole! In either event the sparks are sure to fly as the big match is finally about to begin, it's Todoroki vs Midoriya! Who will come out on top?
animefan8800May 27, 2017 2:56 AM
May 27, 2017 2:58 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode.
LOL "Round Face". Bakugou vs Uraraka was awesome.
Bakugou not holding back & taking Uraraka seriously.

Love Uraraka's determination. Her plan was crazy, but Bakugou destroying those falling rocks was insane. That OST was great.

Congrats Bakugou on making it to the next round.
You did your best Uraraka & should definitely be proud of how far she's made it. Sad seeing her cry. So happy to see her parents are so supportive of her.

Deku vs Todoroki. Can't wait for this match.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 27, 2017 3:02 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 27, 2017 3:00 AM

Mar 2016
uraraka's determination was so admirable, i love her

aLSO THE PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK OMGGGGG IM SO EXCITED
May 27, 2017 3:03 AM

Dec 2010
Uraraka is one of my favourite characters. Such a great episode. But the power difference is quite large sadly between her and bakugo.
I think if her limit was large she might have managed to barely pull out a win. Bakugo arm at the end looked like it was in slight pain after the huge explosion.
May 27, 2017 3:03 AM

Mar 2008
Uraraka is just too cute and awesome. The hero's should take note of her determination and skill. Then we get Deku standing up to Endeavor, props for that. I hope Deku pulls out a Texas Smash against Todoroki. Hurry up next week!!!
May 27, 2017 3:08 AM
Nov 2016
Not gonna lie, the highlight of this episode for me was the next episode preview. The Izuku vs Todoroki fight is what I've been looking forward to the most in this season and the music used in the preview took me off guard.
Of course I'm not saying that the episode itself was bad, in fact it was great! I really liked how they handled the fight and animated it so well.
May 27, 2017 3:15 AM

Jan 2009
can quirks evolved? i want to see Uraraka's quirk to evolve to a gravity manipulator quirk that will make her more powerful than just float things around
May 27, 2017 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
URARAKA YOU DID YOUR BEST
aksdhkdffhoialsdjierkdf Deku vs Todoroki is one of my favorite fights, next week will be great... the preview spoils so much tho rofl

on another note,

thats my boy
May 27, 2017 3:22 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always. Fight animation was great and soundtrack was stellar as always.

I personally love the scene where Aizawa talks down to the spectators who were booing Bakugou by telling them that he's showing no mercy only because he acknowledges her.

Ochako was awesome, really cool to see how she stood up and faced the man of power Bakugou like that. She went in with a lot of determination and heart and I'm really glad Bakugou acknowledged her especially when he comments on her saying "Which part of her was frail?"

The final moments of the fight with the incorporation of her flashback, motives and trying to continue fighting were really heart wrenching to watch. Teared up. :(

Loved the little scene with Deku and Ochako post fight and it was nice to see Deku draw inspiration from her. That being said, Ochako crying over the phone was just too hard for me to handle and very emotional. This show always makes me tear up somehow. T.T

Deku straight out telling Endeavor than he wasn't All Might and Todoroki wasn't him was just pure awesome. That scene made me smile.

Hype is through the roof now for the next episode and I already know it's gonna be amazing. Let it begin
The Boy born with Nothing VS The Boy born with Everything
Plus Ultra!
May 27, 2017 3:23 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode! Ochako ;_;.
:3
May 27, 2017 3:23 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Ochaco put up a great fight, I actually forgot how it went in the manga. Her strategy was excellent, I just hate to see her lose like that.

So much emotion this episode, it's all leading up to next week. It's going to be so intense!
May 27, 2017 3:31 AM

Jan 2015
Uraraka really doing it like there's no tomorrow. Even so, guess there's still not enough energy to keep on attacking and finally using that tactic. Well that's a really satisfying battle Uraraka had done and worth to rewatch too somehow.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 27, 2017 3:33 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, but the preview was just too awesome, Todoroki vs Midoriya battle was what I was looking forward to this season.
May 27, 2017 4:00 AM

Dec 2016
I have only one thing to say.

Epic fight was indeed epic.
Hoping next episode will be even epic-er!

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 27, 2017 4:19 AM

Feb 2013
Uraraka was awesome, she gave everything she had but Bakugo was too strong.
May 27, 2017 4:28 AM

May 2012
Ochako ;_; You did a good job. Best girl indeed
I felt like her defeat was a lot more heartwrenching in the anime than the manga, though I guess it's because the soundtrack helped in playing a huge part in that.

I think this was one of parts of the story where I had started getting a better sense of respect for Bakugou, he even started calling her by her name towards the end of the match instead of his usual insult. Aizawa sitting those pros down was also great.

Next, we have Todoroki vs Deku which is also a big fight I've been waiting for. Pretty hyped

May 27, 2017 4:36 AM

Dec 2014
Uraraka tried her best I am so proud of her...awesome episode
May 27, 2017 4:47 AM

Nov 2014
I cannot thank the studio enough for making this battle so splendid and overwhelming, and going beyond the greatness of the manga. Uraraka, the MVP of this episode and the insta best girl of this series. Comparing to her, all other female heroines (except Mikasa) ain't shit. Uraraka can stand on her own against Bakugo, and make him take her seriously as an opponent, serious enough to even remember her name! She's the first one he calls by name and not nickname!

(Tell me I'm not the only one boarding this new rare ship)

That expression, those dull eyes, giving her all until she lost consciousness. You have my respect, Uraraka!

(Gasp!) Mineta! No need to feed the bakubowl fanbase any more sweets!!!

Asshole dad, did he actually just called Todoroki "that"!??? Dude even Kayo's abusive mom calls her with the appropriate pronouns! Yet Endeavor not only says his son is a "tool" but also calls him a "that"!?? Unforgivable!
May 27, 2017 4:52 AM

May 2017
This episode was HYPE. Great fight between Bakugou and Ochako, Kirishima being manly and next week is looking even more intense.
May 27, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, Uraraka was relentless in her quest to overthrow Bakugo, who was merciless as always. He did acknowledge Uraraka and that was proved by that one single blow he used to smash all the rocks and debris to pieces.
I'm glad Kirishima won the duel against Tetsutetsu, that was the closest one so far and the manly handshake after that was the icing on the cake~
Talking about ice, Deku's got his hands full on the next exciting episode.
May 27, 2017 5:09 AM
Nov 2015
Another great episode, bravo Bones.
May 27, 2017 5:21 AM

Dec 2015
Stunning Episode! been waiting for this! one of my favorite fights in the tournament!

“What part of her was frail” I just love this line from Bakugou…

THANKS AIZAWA SENSEI! The booing is uncalled for! They’re expecting kachann to go easy on her just because she’s a girl! Which I think is all the more insulting for Ochako to be honest.

Both of the two did great! Especially Uraraka! I really admired her determination and her will to never give up until she’s all worn out. She worked on her own strategy and used all her strength to fight! I’m proud of this sweet heart.

Unfortunately she got annihilated, It’s still Bakugou were talkin about, That powerful blast at the end was epic! I really like how kachann fought her equally despite being the stronger opponent he did not under estimate her and was on guard the entire time.

Ochako lost but she made it to “Kachann’s lists of people he calls by their own names!” Calling her Uraraka at the very end is huge! Just goes to show that he is now acknowledging her strength! grats Uraraka you deserve that respect! XD

Kirishima also advances to the next round!
and Now unto another great battle! Deku vs Todo!
QueenSapphireMay 27, 2017 5:56 AM
May 27, 2017 5:34 AM

Sep 2015
As expected from the preview last week this was great. Also Uraraka is best girl of season 2 for me. I actually like how Bakugo in his own way respects Uraraka for not giving up. She's relentless.

And now for what is the main event of the show. Todiroki vs Deku. Though it might be a two parter because it looks like a majority of the episode is going to be a proper origin story for Todiroki. Hype.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
May 27, 2017 5:39 AM

Apr 2014
was obvious she would lose but all in all she did good not to mention its been forever we even seen her in action so thats a plus all in all i liked the fight

but now next ep cant wait to see this fight
"one step at a time"
May 27, 2017 6:02 AM

Jul 2013
Well, at least she tried.
May 27, 2017 6:08 AM

Aug 2015
I was waiting for this fight! Uraraka really tried her best too bad she had to fight Kacchan in the first round.
May 27, 2017 6:23 AM

Jun 2014
Finally, a fight that lasted longer than a couple minutes. Uraraka never really had a chance, but it was great to see her determination and her will to not give up (as cheesy as that sounds). I also liked how Aizawa chastised the crowd and explained why Bakugo approached this match the way he did.

Deku vs. Todoroki hype! Not only am I excited for their fight, but I'm also excited to see the backstory. I remember people were shitting on Todoroki's mom when she was first mentioned several episodes back, but hopefully this backstory will help people understand why she did what she did and be a bit more sympathetic toward her.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2017 6:52 AM

Jul 2015
THE TIME HAS COME AND GONE. Uraraka vs Bakugo. Kind of figured Bakugo was gonna win, but seeing Uraraka fight the way she did was awesome, I also knew she had a plan but didn't think it was gonna be to make all the debris rise into the air like that, that was awesome. She was awesome. And now it's Todoroki vs Midoriya. I'm freaking HYPED. Also congrats to Kirishima.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 27, 2017 6:59 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THE BEST FIGHT OF THE TOURNAMENT WAS EVERYTHING I WAS HOPING IT WOULD BE ANIMATED AND MORE

Mad props to Bones for animating it beautifully and adding that VERY FITTING soundtrack to make it all 10 times more impactful but I would just like to say that THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING OF THE GREATNESS THAT IS BAKUGOAT

I'm 100% certain that most of his haters had the very same impression of him as that one dumbass pro hero and so I'd like to dedicate this post to co-best boy BakuGOAT for showing the haters that we will ALWAYS RISE ABOVE THE HATE AND PROVE TO YOU ALL JUST HOW GREAT WE ARE BY SHOWING OUR TRUE COLOURS

TokoyaMay 27, 2017 7:02 AM
May 27, 2017 7:06 AM

Apr 2015
Quite funny this episode, like always.

I still dont know how anyone can not ship Deku x Urakara. Best Couple Ever.

I dont like Kachan, He only hates Deku, he has a good personality in the back but for now its so boring watch him

And I think Deku is gonna win the champ an give the money to Urakara. But i dont know.
May 27, 2017 7:12 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Bones is doing an outstanding job with this adaptation. With a proper flow between scenes and great direction, only supported by top-quality animation and perfectly-placed music, BnHA feels much better than the already-great manga. Uraraka vs. Bakugou was perfectly done and I know that Bones will deliver with Midoriya vs. Todoroki next week.

5/5
May 27, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2016
This was an unbelievably well directed episode! Magnificent adaptation
May 27, 2017 7:33 AM

May 2015
Damn, great episode. Really sad that Ochako lost the match, but it was nothing unexpected. Really touching short moment there with her dad on the phone.

Can't wait for next episode! Deku VS Shouto should be great!

May 27, 2017 7:37 AM
Oct 2014
j0x said:
can quirks evolved? i want to see Uraraka's quirk to evolve to a gravity manipulator quirk that will make her more powerful than just float things around

I also wanna see this so bad, if that's possible she could have been more involved in battle
May 27, 2017 7:44 AM

Dec 2009
Uraraka did her best. This was a rough fight in general since many of her other matchups are better. She would probably have a tough time against any mid to long range matchup without things to levitate. Despite all the disadvantages she certainly held her own.

And now its time for the hypest fucking thing. Midoriya vs Todoroki slugfest!
May 27, 2017 7:45 AM
Nov 2015
Awesome!! Best fight of the season for now (until Deku vs Todoroki for which I'm becoming SUPER HYPED!!) Loved how they showed Uraraka as the stronger than she looks type!

Also... Dad of the season/year goes to Endeavor!!
May 27, 2017 7:46 AM
Apr 2016
Why the hell is Uraraka's hair so badly animated? someone did a shit job adapting the desing.
May 27, 2017 7:50 AM

Mar 2015
Yaaass Uraraka! Das my girl.
It seems a bit ridiculous that they have all the tournaments right in a row, tho? Like it seems like there's barely any time between battles, and Deku obviously wasn't able to recover fully between fights... I guess they have to do this all in one day(?) but the tournament seems really unforgiving for the lack of breaks.

May 27, 2017 7:52 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Yoho. I'm here~ Weeaboooyyy Fujoshi Trash~! (Also damn there was some totally KatsuDekuRoki moments.... I saw them and you cannot tell me otherwise.)

Hype tho. I was more routing for Kacchan to be fair... I don't mind her but I much prefer him...

Also. 'Round face' I was crying lmao. I cannot. The fact he doesn't know moST PEOPLE'S NAMES BUT HE KNOWS DEKU'S -SOBS-

My ships. My gay ships. Everywhere.

This is like the best reaction ever. This is me. I was like omg caN WE PROTECT HER FROM MY SMOL ANGRY SON???

Supportive af... you deffo don't look terrified lmao...

(Kacchan deffo loved that tho he's just secretly a defensive Tsundere pft he's so gay...)

Other smol son has angst or something. He always has so much going on in his mind can we just get him some help or something...

Meeting your other boyfriends father for the first time.. ;) God I am trash for that OT3 I need help lmao...

Izuku was deffo not ready for this. I WASN'T READY FOR THIS. THE ONLY PEOPLE READY FOR THIS WAS PROBABLY THE MANGA READERS WHO KNEW THIS WAS GONNA HAPPEN...

Lmao.

I am so proud of my son. YOU TELL HIM IZUKU. WOOT WOOT. STICKING UP FOR THE BOYF THOU.

I should not be allowed to make ships in this damn series because I am trash for all the gay and omg I have too many people I can ship with my son Izuku and I need someone to stop me LOL.

TOMURA. TOMURA. TOMURA. T O M U R A. LSDKGDLKBGVSK This is literally my favourite character in the series. I am casually dying beCAUSE TOMURA. LOOK AT MY FAVOURITE LIL VILLAIN OGMFDLGBSDN -CHOKES

I am so happy to see him.

I am so excited.

Like there is no words.

I NEED NEXT WEEK RIGHT NOW OH MY LORD PLEASE I AM GOING TO DIE UNLESS I SEE THIS FIGHT RIGHT NOW DAMNIT WHY DOES IT DO THIS TO ME EVERY WEEK. I AM NOT OKAY. I AM NOT OKAY.

HELP.

May 27, 2017 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
Bakugou vs Uraraka was awesome. She put up such a great fight, she even fooled him a bit. It's too bad her plan didn't work. Her father is very proud of her. I'm happy her parents are supportive of her. Deku vs Todoroki is next. Deku telling Endeavor than he wasn't All Might and Todoroki wasn't him was just awesome. I can't wait for the next episode.
May 27, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2011
damnnn i was rooting sooooo hard for uraraka!!! Best fight so far too bad uraraka lose :'( :'( :'(

I hate that Bakugo is clearly the author's favorite and he will win this and has the character development that will make people think he's cooler and cooler and vulnerable and everything, fucking bullshit if the author likes him that much why didnt he just make Bakugo the main character, cocky guy like him annoys me so bad, Todoroki is cooler than him in every way.

*sorry for the rant lol im still emotional over uraraka's lost while typing that hahaha*
May 27, 2017 7:57 AM

Mar 2015
What a great fight between Uraraka and Deku! It was very close and to be honest it could've swayed either way if the writers decided whether Deku had the power to blow away all those rocks or not (though whether Uraraka would've been able to avoid all those falling rocks while trying to touch Deku sounds difficult if Deku didn't have the power to blow away all those rocks). Deku could've probably ended the fight earlier than needed if he just got close and managed to touch Urakaka and blow her right out of the ring.

Now comes Todoroki VS Midoriya! I was expecting this to be in the finals though, because Todoroki is a much more threatening opponent than Midoriya compared to Bakugo (who Midoriya will probably fight in the finals) because Midoriya already beat Bakugo once.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 27, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2013
The fight was great in manga, even better animated! Loved how the wannabe hero got put in his place by Aizawa for being sexist and assuming that Uraraka was weaker. Her strategy was sound, but the meteor shower lacked a bit of impact. She should have brought them down as hard and as fast as she could, and bombarded him from all sides.

Oh well, next fight is also epic as well. So looking forward to it right now.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 27, 2017 8:11 AM
Nov 2016
Props to Uraraka for putting up a great fight against Bakugo, Bakugo for actually taking her seriously, Monoma for seeing through her true strategy, and Aizawa for calling the crowd out on their bullshit.

Next episode is also looking great
May 27, 2017 8:20 AM
Mar 2015
ttcchen said:
Uraraka can stand on her own against Bakugo, and make him take her seriously as an opponent, serious enough to even remember her name! She's the first one he calls by name and not nickname!

(Tell me I'm not the only one boarding this new rare ship)

This👆😏 I ship it so badly too alongside the DekuXOchako ship. I need more fanfics about them!!
“Ignorance breeds fear, but the converse may be true, too. To know can also breed fear from within.” - Rufus Barma
May 27, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Great fight. They both did well. I loved the use of music in this episode as usual.

It was inevitable that Uraraka would lose considering her quirk's weight limit. We never once saw/heard about Kacchan's quirk backfiring on him. Though, we almost did when he supported his left arm during that huge explosion against Uraraka's plan. The force his arm took from that must've been painful af.

Props to Aizawa for defending Bakugou and Uraraka's determination + telling that pro hero to get a job change lmao.

Kirishima, Todoroki, and, now, Uraraka are on Kacchan's list of names he respects. Uraraka deserved it :">

Disappointed that they animated Kacchan sitting beside Kaminari after the match. I really wanted to see Jirou's 'dusgust' face when he flopped beside her in the manga lol

My fave scene was the exchange between Deku and Endeavor. Bless Deku. Can't wait for his match against Shouto.
May 27, 2017 8:27 AM

Dec 2015
Honestly Uraraka deserves a standing ovation for her efforts. Well done girl!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 27, 2017 8:44 AM
Dec 2016
oh pooor Uraraka...but she was awesome...she will be a great hero.. i like her very much
May 27, 2017 8:53 AM
Apr 2017
I just love how Bakugo took Uraraka seriously even she's a girl. Bakugo playing the villain as always just bec he's fighting a girl too. hahaha *desperately stops the crowd from booing**

And excellent idea from Uraraka tho i'm really sad that she lost.
PS. URARAKA IS THE BEST GIRL!!!

PPS. MAY I ALSO SHIP URARAKA AND BAKUGO? *heartsqueeeeeeeze*

This scene when Endeavor and Deku is talking. I totally said "BURNNNNNN" then I realized that Endeavor is totally burning, like literally. okay. nvmnd.

AMAZING EPISODE AS ALWAYS. ANNNNDD SO MUCH HYPE FOR THE NEXT EPISODEEEEE. DEKU USED HIS QUIRK YAAAAY!!!!!

THIS IS ME WAITING FOR WEEKLY EPISODE. (im very tempted to read the manga now but i cant afford to spoil myself yet)

leesunrieMay 27, 2017 9:13 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

290 by TheStarscream759 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

580 by ToTheGyz »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

247 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

176 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

182 by Apreggi »»
Yesterday, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.