Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 20, 2017 9:09 AM

Aug 2016
This is injustice. They didn't even make best girl Momo stand a chance

It was an alright episode. Had a couple of good comedic moments but making the first round matches practically a joke for something that is built up to be important is what irritates me
May 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Oct 2013
Uraraka has such a cool power though. Think about it, she could punch people and make em fly using her quirk as well haha. Kacchan is a difficult opponent though. He can use his explosions to keep her at a distance and fly back in the field in case he get touched by her.
May 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Feb 2016
Ranxomare said:
Hard to Lida :/
Another nice episode, although i happened more intensity ;)

its Iida not Lida btw

That aside
Midoriya is quite creepy with his annotations XD I would feel as weird as Uraraka if I ever heard that
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 20, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Loved all of the matches! I wished to see Kirishima vs Tetsutetsu though, their similar quirks and personalities would easily make anyone excited and thus far it was my best match so far (Yes, even if they didn't fully show it) Let's see who wins in the arm wrestling or any else kind of decider lol, though I still can't see a winner emerging haha those two are so similar.
I absolutely love Uraraka's passion! I wish she'd bash that cunt Bakugo's cocky head in, but it probably won't happen. Best girl Uraraka will still steal the show though.

Akagi_An said:
The only way to defeat mei is to use adblock

THIS (2).
May 20, 2017 9:31 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Poor Momo, she was so distraught :(

Otherwise a pretty straightforward episode, got all the fights out of the way. Mina was very fun to look at, hope she can do some upsets here.

Bakugo vs. Uraraka HYPE!
May 20, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2009
Tokoyami won his match handily. He actually is the dark horse of the tournament at this point. I expect him to go far if not outright win the whole thing. They setup Todoroki and Bakugou as 1 and 2 in strength, but I actually think Tokoyami is up there with the two other boys.

Probably even stronger than Midoriya and Iida at this point in time.
May 20, 2017 9:38 AM

Feb 2017
I've just notice that the guy with the steel quirk has the same VA as gajeel from Fairy Tail, lol

May 20, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2017
- Kaminari clearly hasn't played pokemon, electricity is not the best against grass
- Iida got trolled hard, that win can't feel good
- Mina is great
- Sad for Momo, she could've done better
- Wish we saw more of Tetsutestsu and Kirishima, that's a hardcore matchup
- Hyped to see Bakugou and Uraraka fight
May 20, 2017 9:52 AM
Jul 2016
Iida was like: "You used me... for land development!"
ShishoEOMay 20, 2017 11:24 AM
May 20, 2017 11:07 AM

Feb 2014
Damn Tokoyami shouldn't be messed with!
Nxt the battle of brute!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

May 20, 2017 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
We had a lot of battles here. I'm glad Mina won over the laser beam wierdo, Iida's battle against Mei was just Spam of her part, Tokoyami is a pro (Yaoyorozu didn't stood a chance), Kaminari was honestly pathethic and Kirishima and the other dude... were very similar.

I don't think Uraraka is going to win, though, Bakugo is pretty much Deku's "main rival" and his ability is too strong, it would be too weird if he lost just in the first round.
May 20, 2017 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
The only fight I liked this episode was Tokoyami vs Momo. The rest were eh.

Looking forward to next weeks episode!
May 20, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2013
Momo got btfo :(
First round matches now uraraka vs bakugou starts.
May 20, 2017 12:38 PM
Jul 2008
I liked the Mei segment, but IDK why she forfeited. If she was so much in control and could have won, she could have made claims suchs as "My quirk gives me no combat abilities, imagine someone with a combat quirk and my inventions". No reason not to show the machines winning a fight.
May 20, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2016
pgmhecateii said:
I forgot to mention this, but if Aoyama´s Quirk is that belt, doesn´t that mean anyone can use it?
Also, don´t their faces look sorta alike?

He shoots from his bellybutton, the belt's only use is to probably focus it like that and prevent him from destroying his own shirt
May 20, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Cool to see the fights extended from the manga.
Love Deku analyzing people's quirks & coming up with counters.

LOL Hatsume using Iida to promote her gadgets/babies. That was smart, but cheeky. She's amazing.

Mina vs Aoyama was fun. She is real agile.
Poor Momo. Didn't get a chance to show off her abilities properly. Tokoyomi using the distance as his advantage.

Uraraka vs Bakugou. Can't wait to see this battle.

Plus Ultra!
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 20, 2017 4:25 PM

Nov 2008
Great and funny episode though.

Poor Momo though
May 20, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2015
It's completely okay that the matches didn't last too much. There's a big difference between some koseis and habilities in the characters and there are obvious beat downs like almost all the matches. Is surprising to watch how intelligent are some of them like Tokoyami, he's completely dangerous altough it doesn't seem like that.
It's time for Bakugo to advance beating Uraraka.
May 20, 2017 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
I cant get over how adorable Uraraka is. More series should take note of how to write a heroine with a real personality like this.
May 20, 2017 6:02 PM
Sep 2014
krudtso said:
I liked the Mei segment, but IDK why she forfeited. If she was so much in control and could have won, she could have made claims suchs as "My quirk gives me no combat abilities, imagine someone with a combat quirk and my inventions". No reason not to show the machines winning a fight.

She doesn't care about winning. She fought hard to get to the 1v1 fights simply because it's a perfect platform for her to show off her gadgets. She managed to show off every single one she brought with her, so she has no reason to continue fighting in the competition.
May 20, 2017 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
I'm liking how they're expanding over the fights from the manga more.
May 20, 2017 6:47 PM
Jan 2017
I believe Uraraka can win :3
⦓ henry ヘンリー ⦔
May 20, 2017 6:51 PM

Oct 2011
Some nice matches in between. A shame that Yaoyorozu lost so fast, but understandable that these fights need to be short to give more time to the more major ones.

Super hyped for Uraraka and Bakugo's fight. Judging from the preview, we'll probably catch more of Uraraka's aggressive personality which should be fun.
May 20, 2017 6:55 PM
Feb 2017
I'm so proud of Uraraka after watching this ep. My bb is growing so fast <3
In other news I still can't get over Iida's hand gestures - they were 10/10 this ep
May 20, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
this was funnier than i remembered lol

But when your opponent picks the same character as you

May 20, 2017 7:39 PM
Jan 2014
krudtso said:

It doesn't suit her interests to win. Everyone there can tell that she could have won, but progressing to another fight doesn't have any benefit to her. She's there to show off her products and her creativity to big-name companies so they'll consider offering her a contract once she graduates. She doesn't care about gaining the attention of heroes or proving her ability to fight.
May 20, 2017 7:46 PM

Jul 2016
fun matches, Iida being used for advertisement xD

Looking forward to badass Uraraka on the next episode.
May 20, 2017 8:09 PM

Mar 2016
I literally never want this series to end!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 8:40 PM

Jul 2015
SIDE CHARACTER BATTLES GO! Watching them all battle in their own unique ways was quite entertaining, especially Mei. Next is Uraraka vs Bakugo, and I'm really freaking excited, though Bakugo's face kind of ruined the intensity.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 20, 2017 8:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Lots of girl power this episode. I love it.

Mei is secret best girl, using her match as one giant advertisement was genius.

Mina never gets enough love so I'm happy she was able to strut her stuff, despite her opponent being a cupcake. Spunky pink girl for the win.

I really feel sorry for best girl Momo, she has a great quirk and is really smart, but she's never been really able to do anything. I'm hoping she gets development some time in the future, she deserves it.

This next episode is going to be intense, Ochaco doesn't stand much of a chance unfortunately.
takkun_May 20, 2017 8:44 PM
May 20, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2011
Even if I know it'll never happen, I want Uraraka to win.
May 20, 2017 9:52 PM
Jan 2016
There are so many kinds of battle in this eps wkwk A Second Battle (Kaminari vs Ibara), Men's Battle (Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima), Battle of Pride (Tokoyami vs Yaoyorozu), Comedy Battle (Mina vs Yuga), and Didn't Want to Battle, Promote Only (Mei vs Iida) wkwkwk. It's a shame that Yaoyorozu can't do much against Tokoyami, she's one of my favourite female chara after Uraraka. I think Tokoyami, Mina, and Ibara will become dark horses in this competition because of their quirks and physical abilities.
I think I can't watch next episode because Uraraka will face Bakugo...I hope Uraraka can win the match but it'll be really difficult, especially vs that hot-headed Bakugo that never hesitate at all. But still I hope Uraraka can give her all because she's one my fav chara.
I hope Deku or Todoroki will meet Bakugo in the next round and kick his ass wkwk.
And Mineta...you're the best wkwkwkwk
May 20, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
I gave the first season a 9/10, but this season is a 10/10.
We got some great fights, glad that they are showing it.
That green haired girl is strong and cute too xD
Tokoyami did a pretty nice play, but i feel bad for that girl...she was so excited but she couldn't do anything.
Iida was used by that girl xD What a great advertisement move hahah
Good luck Uraraka! I believe in you!!! Gambatte :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 20, 2017 9:55 PM
Jun 2016
A lot of these fights were hilarious and very witty. My favorite fight is up next, hope Bones will adapt it well!
May 20, 2017 10:39 PM
Dec 2012
Bakugo's intro LMAO
May 20, 2017 10:45 PM
Apr 2016
This episode was so funny lol. Can't wait for Bakugo vs Uraraka!!! HYPE. 5/5.
May 20, 2017 11:09 PM

Aug 2007
LOVED this ep. That was a hilarious "battle" between Iida and Mei. If she hadn't before, Mei has definitely shot up to my short list of favorite MHA characters with this match. I'd like to see her again, perhaps in a more practical crime-fighting setting, but I bet she'd be just as content making a mint selling heroes her crazy gadgets. :D

Sad for Momo with how her match turned out, a mortifying defeat. Really hoping she can bounce back and doesn't just become this mediocre, indecisive bit character who's occasionally fanservice, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's how she went. That said, Tokoyami seems like a tough opponent no what quirk you've got. Just all-around powerful.

As for Uraraka vs Bakugo.. I'm rooting for you girl! I don't have high hopes but I'm sure you'll give it all you got!
May 20, 2017 11:14 PM
Jul 2016
Just want to say that tokoyami managed to get this far even when his quirk got weaken in daylight. Wonder how op he'll be if they fight during night.
May 20, 2017 11:37 PM
Oct 2007
Still AMAZING from start to end AGAIN!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 20, 2017 11:54 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Momo got taken out insanely fast!

It's obvious how this next fight will go but I'm still looking forward to it.

Hatsume was the best part of the episode.
May 21, 2017 12:04 AM

Oct 2014
It's sad that Momo lost her fight in an instant. I hope she doens't get overwhelmed by her helplessness.

Uraraka vs Bakogo next episode. It would be awesome if she can upset the match.
May 21, 2017 12:42 AM

Jun 2013
she did a a sales pitch during a match and she used Lida
May 21, 2017 1:13 AM

Sep 2015
Best of luck Uraraka!
May 21, 2017 2:27 AM

Sep 2014
I'm pretty sure the semi-finals is going to be Tokoyami vs. Bakugo and Midoriya vs. Ida/Vine Girl
May 21, 2017 3:07 AM

Sep 2014
Haven't watched the manga, but I'm pretty sure Finals will be between Midoriya vs. Bakugo. Childhood rivalry, etc. etc. typical shounen trope.

What I'm stoked about is the Semi-finals. Tokoyami vs. Bakugo!! We do know that Tokoyami's Dark Shadow can defend against Bakugo's explosion. We've seen that in the cavalry match. We also saw that Dark Shadow has pretty long range offense even under the sun, we've seen that against Momo. I just really don't know how it'll play out.
May 21, 2017 3:16 AM

Sep 2016
Hype Hype Hype Hype Hype for the next ep!

Another greater and funny ep that was dedicated to building up the side characters.

But man, the fight in the next ep! Hype hype hype
JC
May 21, 2017 4:10 AM

May 2010
I like Ibara, she's savage beneath the nice girl surface haha.

Oh pls. Tell me why is this annoying guy liked by some again. Mineta is probably my most hated character from this anime. Pls burn him.

Dem Hatsume is that genius who doesn't care about being no. 1 as long as she meets her aims. Hope she gets her motivation tho, would make for good development.

Why is Aoyama so sparkling n weird, makes me laugh so much im like shut up every damn time.

Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu

I swear everyone is cool. Uraraka.
"She's the one I'm rooting for." Samesamesame.

May 21, 2017 6:20 AM

Jun 2015
Quite sad my bby girl Momo lost but at the same time I hated the way they made the bracket, I like both Momo & Tokoyami ;_;

I mean it's so painfully obvious that it's gonna be Midoriya vs Bakugo but maybe that's what they want us to think? Another finals match that'd be quite interesting to watch is Todoroki vs Tokoyami.

Ibara is interesting as well and honestly I can see her beating Iida.
May 21, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
21 episodes in and I'm struggling to see what's so special about this show. At the moment it's just your average shonen and there's nothing special about it that makes it stand out IMO. Does it get better?
May 21, 2017 8:17 AM
Nov 2015
Yasuhito said:
21 episodes in and I'm struggling to see what's so special about this show. At the moment it's just your average shonen and there's nothing special about it that makes it stand out IMO. Does it get better?

Boku no hero is a pretty standard battle shonen until the end of the tournament.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.