Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 20, 2017 1:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we got some of the other matches taking place this episode after the first one. The greenhead Ibara has some impressive defense abilties thanks to her quirk. Too bad about Denki. I mean, I guess he tried?

Seeing Mina and Yuga compete was fun too. Obviously they are not as strong as some of the other competitiors like Todoroki but still fun to watch. Eijirou's fight felt intense although a short (wish they extended that).
May 20, 2017 1:53 AM

Jan 2012
We're going through several of the remaining one-on-one fights. Shiozaki vs Kaminari, Iida vs. Mei, Ashido vs. Aoyama, Momo vs. Tokoyami, and Tetsutetsu vs. Kirishima. The anime decided to flesh out some of these in between fights a bit, giving them more time than in the manga and I'm glad it did. Always nice to see secondary characters getting some spotlight. Especially my boy Tokoyami! :D Although Mei's advertising intent was certainly...practical. :D All the while Uraraka's match with Bakugo looms ever closer. Poor girl, she doesn't seem too confident. How nice of Deku to offer her a strategy. Hopefully one day he'll offer her a marriage strategy! :D That thumbs up though...so adorable. Well, I'm definitely rooting for ya girl! Good luck!
animefan8800May 20, 2017 2:55 AM
May 20, 2017 1:56 AM

Jun 2014
The first half was more like a comedic routine, but it was animated nicely regardless of that. The Aoyama fight was quite hot, if you know what I mean. Tokoyami vs. Momo was really awesome to see, sadly it was a very shortly lived battle, Momo's defeat was embarrassing. I wish we could've seen more of Kirishima vs Steel Guy ;_;. Oh boy am I excited for Uraraka vs Bakugou next week.

God I love this show.
:3
May 20, 2017 3:02 AM

Mar 2016
ANOTHER GREAT EPISODE

I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH. WHEN MEI WAS ADVERTISING EVERYTHING SHE HAD, MADE I WAS SO PROUD!!!!!! I felt pretty bad for Momo tbh i thought she was going to win but I am also glad tokoyami made it through!

coME ON URARAKA I BELIEVE IN U
Vacu0usMay 20, 2017 3:14 AM
May 20, 2017 3:06 AM
Dec 2016
The only way to defeat mei is to use adblock
May 20, 2017 3:07 AM

Sep 2016
as expected the best episode is the episode without Deku and his whiny speech.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 20, 2017 3:10 AM

Jan 2015
Kaminari's fight is okay, but Iida's fight.. What the? His rival is just "roughly" doing some product advertising. And make Iida as her mannequin for the product instead. LOL
Well, I guess the highlight for the episode's match if between Tokoyami or Kirishima? Since they both put a "manly" fight in it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 20, 2017 3:12 AM

Feb 2008
Akagi_An said:
The only way to defeat mei is to use adblock

this

haha Mei is quite the enterprising gal. shes probably the most dangerous fo them all since she can come up with countermeasures with the devices she can make.
May 20, 2017 3:18 AM

Mar 2008
Mei is awesome. Using Iida like that to promote her inventions. xD
May 20, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always, lot of really funny moments.

As expected they decided to extend the fights and they were all pretty awesome to watch.

Mei sure turned Iida into the perfect advertisement, hilarious fight. XD
Mineta XDD, I was laughing so hard when he wanted Aoyama and Mina's quirks too be switched. xD

Awww, Momo you'll get'em next time. <3 I really felt sad for her but our man Tokoyami is just too strong.

Kirishima and Tetsutestu best matchup. XD

Real nice of Deku to offer Uraraka a plan and help but Uraraka decides to take matters into her hands, good luck to your Uraraka. That thumbs up was adorable.
Bakugou will probably show no mercy, he already has his 'I give no shit' face on. XD

The following episodes are gonna be so lit.
Plus Ultra!
May 20, 2017 3:23 AM

Oct 2015
Kaminari went and made a damn fool of himself... again. The guy has a cool Quirk but he's such a dumbass. Still, he's too dumb to feel any embarrassment. Yaoyorozu as the one humiliated, the poor girl. It was a bad match up. Tokoyami's Quirk is too versatile and quick. The Aoyama and Ashido fight was fun. Didn't remember him wearing tighty-whities but of course he is. Why wouldn't he be? Uraraka about to become everybody's best girl.

Loved the episode. It was well-paced and well-animated.
May 20, 2017 3:26 AM

Aug 2016
Overall a nice episode, glad to see a bit more to some of those fights that got like one or two panels only in the manga.

May 20, 2017 3:26 AM
Apr 2012
"LET'S MEET IN THE FINALS" she says

FumitoMay 20, 2017 4:26 AM
May 20, 2017 3:29 AM

Nov 2014
Aoyama, it didn't matter if you lose, as long as you sparkle. Lol.
May 20, 2017 3:34 AM

Aug 2013
Wish they extended the fight between Kirishima and Tetsutestu.

Felt slightly bad for the way Momo lost. Tokoyami easily won that.

Mina's fight was fun to watch.

Looking forward to that fight between Uraraka and Bakugou.

May 20, 2017 3:47 AM

Jan 2009
a lot of battle happens this episode, best girl Momo Yaoyorozu loses but she will recover in the future
May 20, 2017 3:48 AM

Mar 2015
I felt bad for Momo.

Anyway, I am glad they expanded the side characters' matches, it was off screen in the manga.
May 20, 2017 3:53 AM
Jul 2014
Nice to see they're already starting to develop Momo's character for her fight in the end of terms exam. Manga readers will know what I mean
May 20, 2017 4:06 AM

Jul 2015
Can't wait for next week, i'm going to read the manga.
May 20, 2017 4:14 AM
Nov 2016
I'm surprised how Bones were able to stretch 1 chapter into an entire episode. They're really adapting this well, and I loved how they extended the fights too.
The hype continues as we wait painfully for next Saturday... T-T
May 20, 2017 4:39 AM

May 2014
NinjaristicNinja said:
I'm surprised how Bones were able to stretch 1 chapter into an entire episode. They're really adapting this well, and I loved how they extended the fights too.

This was only one chapter? Wtf

When Toei does that it feels as dragging as heck.

May 20, 2017 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
lmao Lida's match are actually one sided. that steampunk girl could win easily if she's serious.

Tokoyami vs Momo, I can't choose between them. Momo could produce anything at her command, but she can't concentrate like Tokoyami does, that's why she lose.

next week is the most disturbing fight, a pure hearted girl vs violent deliquent guy.
since I haven't read the manga, but I think I know who's gonna win.
May 20, 2017 4:58 AM

Jun 2014
It was great to see some of the side characters' fights getting expanded screen time in this episode. Pretty much the only one that actually lasted more than a minute was Iida's, and even then it wasn't really much of a fight lol. Also, is Kaminari really that dumb? He knows he has a limit to how much electricity he can use, so it doesn't really make sense, no matter how confident you are, to release 1.3 million volts right away like that.

Anyway, now that all the side fights are out of the way, we've finally gotten to a major fight that'll last longer than 30 seconds. Bakugo vs. Uraraka hype!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 20, 2017 5:01 AM

Jan 2016
Good episode as usual, extended the manga scenes by alot, which in this case was good. Hyped up Kachan vs Uraraka very well with intense music and Urarakas fighting spirit
May 20, 2017 5:03 AM

Apr 2013
nice and enjoyable episode with enough happening and plot progression that while i'still be waiting for the next episode eagerly, i didn't feel bored in this one. the upcoming match though, is going to be hard to watch...
May 20, 2017 5:04 AM

Apr 2016
ZoroZoldyck said:
NinjaristicNinja said:

This was only one chapter? Wtf

When Toei does that it feels as dragging as heck.

Mina VS Aoyama and Tokoyami VS Momo were literally 1 panel each in the manga.

It's interesting though, since Bones added "anime-only but canon" material by expanding the fights. Can't explain more without going to spoiler territory. But they're amazing additions and not filler at all. I assume Horikoshi has a lot of input when they wrote the episode.
君はヒーローになれる。
May 20, 2017 5:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hard to Lida :/
Another nice episode, although i happened more intensity ;)
May 20, 2017 5:14 AM

May 2016
Tokoyami is basically the classiest Batman-type badass out there.
Love him, but felt really bad for Yaoyorozu.

Whatever happens, Mei is in the best position of them all, since she's already as victorious as she could get.
May 20, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2015
Kaminari lost so easily, he should find a way to overcome that thing that happens to him after he uses his powers.

Hahahaha lmao Hatsume is hilarious, I like her so much.

Those Aoyama moans tho...Yaoyorozu lost so easily, I did not expect that, well done Tokoyami!!

Uraraka seems like she'll put a good fight in the next episode against Bakugou. Can't wait!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 20, 2017 5:38 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Just as expected, they adapted only chapter 35. Since a lot of these fights were one or two panels, the adaptation expanded them to make them feel more enjoyable. Idk if it was Horikoshi's idea to expand the fights or Bones's, but whoever though of it did a great job.

5/5
May 20, 2017 5:43 AM
Nov 2015
Another amazing episode, BnHA is definitely the best currently running shonen.

4/5
May 20, 2017 5:43 AM

Dec 2015
Great Episode.
Lots of good and funny matches.

-Poor Kaminari, Just when he's about to look awesome with that electrical discharge he got wrecked easily. The green haired girl has a strong quirk.
-MEI! oh I LOVE her! LOL! his match against IIDA is so hilarious! cause advertising her babies is more important than winning huh? XD
-Mina, I never thought she could be this good at battling 1vs1, but Aoyama moans and dropping the pants tho... LOL! XD
-MINETA being MINETA AS ALWAYS
-Tetsu tetsu vs Kirishima! turns out is a draw.
NEXT EP IS GONNA BE GOOOOOOD!
Bakugou vs Uraraka! yeah! can't wait!

edit: so my guess were true, they only adapted 1 chapter... but this ep is great tho they did a really good job, the fights were given enough time and it was a nice build up for the Uraraka and Bakugou fight.

QueenSapphireMay 20, 2017 5:46 AM
May 20, 2017 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Just as expected, they adapted only chapter 35. Since a lot of these fights were one or two panels, the adaptation expanded them to make them feel more enjoyable. Idk if it was Horikoshi's idea to expand the fights or Bones's, but whoever though of it did a great job.

5/5

Both I guess. Hori drew an extra page for the Kaminari vs Ibara fight in the tankoubon so I guess he always wanted to make the fights bigger even though he started this arc thinking it would only last for 10 chapters lol
May 20, 2017 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
Poor Iida got trolled by Mei, big time. She used their fight as a perfect platform for her to advertise her equipment before, eventually, walking out of bounds. Iida might've won technically, but that probably felt more like a defeat though. XD

The other fights were short, but pretty good still. I did have sympathy for Momo, since she did her best to analyse her match-up, but Tokoyami simply made her look too easy. D=

Mineta is being a perverted little bastard as usual I see, which is good since he's always funny like this. =)

Uraraka rejecting Deku's tips on Bakugo was a surprise, but I do admire her determination though. she wants to battle Bakugo and hopefully win on her own. The preview looks very hype though, as Uraraka does away with her jacket while looking serious, so I'm definitely looking forward to next week already. =D
May 20, 2017 6:11 AM

Sep 2015
Honestly this was totally awesome. Also that preview got me so hyped for next episode. Uraraka is starting to become best girl over Sue for me. If this next episode is as lit as that preview, that is going to happen.

Credit goes to the guys at Minimalistic-Animoo Deviantart Group for the vectors.
May 20, 2017 6:29 AM

Apr 2014
not really much to say about this ep than it was a great ep but i really wanna see next ep! god its so tempting to read the manga and find out what happens but im trying real hard to hold back

but anyway cant wait for next ep
"one step at a time"
May 20, 2017 6:34 AM

Jan 2017
AAAAH! I can't wait for Uraraka's match.
Karasuno Fight!!!
May 20, 2017 6:44 AM

May 2016
Really good. I think Uraraka will suprise us in the next episode. Still not sure if she will be able to win against Kacchan. It will be a draw maybe?
May 20, 2017 6:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:
And with that, we got even more OFA foreshadowing.....I can't believe that I never caught on to the stars thing when I first read the manga up to this point xD

But as for next week, I really hope that we get some extended versions of all those fights (Like Momo vs Tokoyami) so I'm looking forward to it

Shoutout to Shinsou though, you deserved all that praise
Saying that I am very happy with this episode is an understatement

This is why I love you Bones, thank you for granting my ever longing wish since I read this chapter so many months ago

Next week is my favorite match of the tournament and I can't wait :D Also inb4 the obligatory comparisons to another popular WSJ series next week lol
May 20, 2017 7:10 AM

Jan 2017
Trying to make the viewers root for Uraraka, huh?
But no one can resist that BakuGOAT greatness, I mean look at his fabulous expression at the end.
May 20, 2017 7:18 AM

May 2015
Of course it has to end right at the interesting match, ugh.

Good episode though.

May 20, 2017 7:30 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
Yahooo~ I am back to be trasyyy once more...

She has a pretty fabby quirk to be fair ;D I think it could be useful in later fights too,
depending on who she get's matched up again...
I can't remember who it might be, is it the person who won after her..
I dunno.. gah the struggles of not reading the Manga..
oh well.

Mei is like one of my favourites already.
She's very outgoing ahaha I love her to be fair,
she's really cool, and her quirk is nice, even if it's not great for fighting,
which I guess it why she makes all that cool stuff...

I vote we all pray for her :pray: Oh lord... also Todoroki is obvs watching like a supportive boyfriend like excuSE YOU. Meanwhile Deku is just like ehhh :') (because my ot3 is seperated on who they want to cheer for and my heart cannot goDAMNIT I'M KATSUDEKUROKI TRASHHHH.)

Tone down the anger bae you looks pretty scary lelelel.

I'm pretty hyped for next week, I wanna see if she's able to hold her stand against Bakugou, even tho I do want him to win... I feel kinda bad for her thou... I deffo need Bakugou to win, and get to the final and be against Deku and my life will be complete pls cmon...
May 20, 2017 7:42 AM
Dec 2016
Wow that B class girl is strong...very strong...and symphatic :D oh my Girl Uraraka Gambare :D i jthink she can win...but im worried :/
May 20, 2017 7:55 AM

Jun 2015
These matches ended rather quick. Tokoyami vs. Momo was really awesome to see. I felt bad for her though. Mei was using Iida to advertise her stuff. He was pissed about that. Kirishima and Tetsutestu was funny. It ended at a draw. Next match is going to be epic. Deku wants to help her, but she decided to win on her own. I wish good luck to her.
May 20, 2017 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
Poor Iida, he was used.
May 20, 2017 8:17 AM
Jun 2014
If someone was watching this tournament in real life it would so boring. Matches end so fast and are not that competitive. The most exciting match to watch in person this episode would be the one they barely showed. However, love the show. Ready for the next match!
May 20, 2017 8:45 AM

Oct 2012
Tokoyami is awesome. Can't wait to see the next match.
May 20, 2017 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
Mostly following the manga in the episode, though the fights shown here weren't actually extended in the manga and were sort of skipped over. You could say they did well to add some fillers for the fights..... guess they didn't want to stop each fight mid battle here.

Looking forward to the next episode. The semi-finals should be plenty fun to watch.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 20, 2017 8:56 AM

May 2015
Next episode is going to be awesome. This one was good too.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 20, 2017 9:04 AM
Apr 2017
I can't wait for the fight between Todoroki and Midoriya, but the fights in this episode were really good as well!
"I'll leave tomorrow's problems to tomorrow's me"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 19, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.