Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 9, 2017 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh, I was expecting more out of that Re=L. Wonder if she's holding back.

We do get to see action back at the arena including from Sistine. Meanwhile, we got the issue of the majesty (Rumia's mom). Glenn's clever thinking and small talk manages to get him out of a difficult predictament. I'm actually impressed by that. Hm, I feel that Rumia and her mom got a little closer from this episode. We need more drunk Sistine in this show
May 9, 2017 5:41 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly Shironeko being drunk was the best part of the episode.
Tho the rest of the episode was nice as well, Lumia's family trouble seems too have been solved, partly at least.
And they won the tournament which was nice.
The class was working hard for their victory and they deserved that party.
May 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2014
Compared to the manga version this was quite boring, still an ok progress for the next arc. They didnt give out the reason why Riel wanted to have a duel with Glenn... and they changed some stuffs.
May 9, 2017 7:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I knew these kids were gonna blow all of this man's money lol, I would have killed them all on the spot xD

Other than that, this was a really nice conclusion to this arc and I'm really glad that Glenn was able to help Rumia and her mom reconcile with one another....That true reunion bewteen mother and daughter was sweet (And kinda hot lol)

Albert and Re=L are quite the interesting pair but what I liked the most is that their friendship with Glenn seems pretty great, so in addition to seeing more of their cool skills and abilities (Like I'm hyped to see what they can REALLY do based off their titles and rank because Albert is pretty much what Celica was in the army) I wanna see more of their dynamic with Glenn both in the present and the past

Really great episode overall, and I'm glad that Class 2 won the competition as well, really proud of them all and how they put what they learned into practice...Also its nice to get confirmation on how powerful Celica really is

P.S. Drunk Sisti is too kawaii >.<
May 9, 2017 7:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
-Stray said:
Compared to the manga version this was quite boring, still an ok progress for the next arc. They didnt give out the reason why Riel wanted to have a duel with Glenn... and they changed some stuffs.
That was......BEYOND ADORABLE HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I can't imagine them cutting out something like that out and not touching on it in a later episode
May 9, 2017 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty decent episode.

Albert and Re=L are nice, I like both of them. Loved the part where Albert shot Re=L. xD

I was so sure that they were using illusion magic to pose, pretty cool that it ended up working out.
Glen figured out the cursed necklace and managed to save the queen and reunite her with Rumia. Nice reunion with both of them. :)

Congratulations to Class 2 for winning and also they spent all of Glen's winning. XD
Poor Glen, he cannot catch a break.

The most interesting part of the episode when that woman behind the incident mentioned the 'Akashic Records', I'm really interested in learning what they are.

The scene with Rumia and Glen and their promise was really sweet. :)
Drunk Sisti is a cutie. :3
May 9, 2017 7:40 AM

Oct 2014
-Stray said:

Why wasn't that included...

Also, Lord help me... that end card...
May 9, 2017 7:41 AM

Dec 2014
Oh so the maid was with them; was weird that last week I didn't notice her taking action.
Re=L should be hired as military strategist, she clearly understands how plans should be made.
The festival sure was rushed tho, not that it was the main point of the story but still.
Also Sistine at the end rose up to this show's best girl very fast
rollin340 said:

Also, Lord help me... that end card...

Was about to miss it

AnathorMay 9, 2017 7:48 AM
May 9, 2017 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
It was nice to see Rumia and her mother getting closer. Also drunk Sisti was cute at the end.

Re=L plan of charging the enemy from the front may be the best strategy ever lol

Glenn impressed me with his thinking in this episode.

May 9, 2017 7:48 AM

May 2016
Sisti at the end were perfect !
May 9, 2017 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
Re=L comes up with some smart strategies. Her and Albert are cool. They plan they come up with worked out. Glenn saved the day. It's nice to see Rumia and her mother getting closer. Glenn kept his promise to protect her. Congrats to Class 2 for winning. They spent of he's reward money. He can't catch a break. Drunk Sistine was cute.
May 9, 2017 7:50 AM

Aug 2013
so rushed
1 arc/3episodes
I have mixed feelings with this
May 9, 2017 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
Anime of this type are very hit or miss for me, but damn I'm having a nice time with this one, so many likeable characters!

I really liked the illusion strategy to get closer to Rumia's mom while protecting her from being attacked, it caught me by surprise.

That quality endcard tho
May 9, 2017 8:10 AM
May 2016
Great episode, but lacking in some part. The magic competition is kinda rushed, and i want to see more of Albert and Re=L skills.

But, the drunk Sistine covers up everything in this episode. Can't have enough of that.
May 9, 2017 8:16 AM
Apr 2017
Great Ep..Well things fell into place in the conclusion of the arc...mended relationships...class 2 bagging the trophy...Glenn having his bonus allowance and then just easily losing it...the promise...the akashic records...and most of all..Drunk Sisti...great show!
May 9, 2017 8:19 AM

Jul 2014
Drunk Sisti was the best thing in the episode lol.
Glenn was awesome, he had a very tough challenge trying to crack the code and he did so risking his hand getting injured at the end. Too bad for him that the reward and three months worth of salary was all spent by Class 2 at once lol.
Kudos to them for winning the competition though~
May 9, 2017 8:32 AM
Dec 2015
Sistine is freaking best girl! Drunk Sistine is freaking kawai! Glenn is freaking boss! The OST is freaking hype! This anime is freaking amazing! Freaking yeah!

Anyway, 5/5 for this episode!!
May 9, 2017 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
I liked this episode, but I wanted them to show why Re=L wants to duel Glenn. I guess this will be touched upon sooner or later. The ending was so cute, both the Rumia and the Sistine scene. Drunk Sisti is too adorable! I loved the after credits as well.
May 9, 2017 8:46 AM

Jan 2015
I'm guessing that headshot from Albert was supposed to happen? I mean, a greatsword smashed to the ground won't hurt anybody and maybe Re-L didn't really intend to hit Glenn with that second strike. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 9, 2017 8:58 AM

Jun 2013
As usual, another fantastic episode!!
May 9, 2017 8:59 AM
Apr 2017
Awwww...this anime never fails to entertain.

Spoiler alert!
Awesome episode and it all went down to the wire where the fools arcana make a come back.
This guys original card is just so good.
And the additional character expect better action sequence from their part in further eps.
May 9, 2017 9:00 AM

Sep 2015
give me more rumia, i want more, MORE!
May 9, 2017 9:01 AM

Jan 2008
I never did like this part when I read it. The necklace's conditions were by far too specific and I would not be surprised to never see this broken OP item ever used again considering how easy it was to apply it. The entirety of the event felt completely pointless too. If they wanted to kill the queen, they had plenty of chances, and if they needed Rumia dead, why did they think of bunch of random knight guards would be able to capture her when they already failed during the school attempt with clearly stronger people.

Glenn made it too obvious it was him as Albert, they should have just cut out the overly obvious clues he gave out since they cut out a lot from this episode. Though with the entirety of this being mashed into a single episode, the reveal would be weak regardless.

Well, at least we'll be getting more Re=L.
May 9, 2017 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
I felt like some detail was lacking from this ep but it was good episode! :]
May 9, 2017 9:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Albert is great, not too fond of Re=L though.

The resolution was pretty good, i liked the tension and i didn't know how it would be solved.
May 9, 2017 9:08 AM
May 2017
It was a nice episode, indeed. But that last scene at bar, it's just comedic xd How the hell they ate all the money, it's impossible to do so, unless it was an expensive night cafe, and/or it's just cliche, where main character screams: ALL THE REWARD AND PAYCHECK ARE GONE?!! Very nice episode, once again, seeing shironeko being legally blin...Oh I mean drunk, legally drunk, yes.
May 9, 2017 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Albert and re=l are glenn's old comrades and they help distract the guards for glenn to go to the queen and he figures out the curse necklace.
Class 2 wins and all the money is gone already XD
May 9, 2017 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
The episode hides his cards well, though it is obvious the goal to reach the end of the episode. Really interesting and well done the strokes, which make the narration pleasant, only the final clash, which Glenn and the enemy see, is a bit too short, I wanted the fight to last longer. Now you have to wait another week to see the next episode, what a sadness!
May 9, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 2016
It was pretty good, but not good enough. They've cut out a lot of content compared to the manga.
Also, why the hell is Riel called Re=L in the sub?
May 9, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
Askorti said:
It was pretty good, but not good enough. They've cut out a lot of content compared to the manga.

You should be complaining about it the other way around as Re=L is her name on the official site. So translators for where ever you read it changed it for the sake of convenience.

http://rokuaka.jp/#character
May 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Dec 2008
It wasn't a bad episode, but I regret reading manga beforehand, it made me expect much more:
-Riel reasons,
-more banter between old friends,
-the way Albert and Riel dealt with knights
-longer competitions
-more drunk Sisti
-a great moment between Rumia and Glenn
I'm a bit dissapointed.
May 9, 2017 9:49 AM
The Séance

Jul 2016
WEEB COMING THRU~

Why hello there again, Aoba and Ren's Magical love child.

And he's called Albert. I love it. Why does everyone male just have normal names? We just have like Glenn and Albert, and all the chicks have Japanese names LOL.. or Re=L... yup.. good job lads and your boring names... LOLOL.

Albert is such a nice name tho... and it sounds so good in Japanese.

Can I ship it? I might get yaoi withdrawal without something to ship....

Is it just me, or was it really obvious they'd swapped places? I mean we'd already witnessed the ease of changing appearance to someone else last episode, and then like Sisti instantly trusted 'Re=L' after she spoke, and that one chick said 'Albert' sounded like Glenn... and it just seemed so obvious? Idek...

But I liked the idea of the confrontation and all that, it was nice to see Rumia and her mother (I feel sorry for them both)

But yeah, I was happy for them :)

Best part of the episode.

LOL.

I just cannot. Poor Glenn :') Back to the fundless life~ yay....

Overall, it wasn't bad but I mean... idek... Seems like there's a lot of stuff happening in a short span... :')
May 9, 2017 9:55 AM

Dec 2014
Sensei has become so lovable..... I hate how the class took advantage of him...how and what they ate3 months salary that's too much
May 9, 2017 10:04 AM
Jan 2017
We've reached the half-point of this series with yet another amazing episode. Glenn shows some outside-the-box thinking with his strategies to win the competition and beat the bad guys. It's also good to see some character development for the Queen and Rumia, delivering the much-needed emotional crux for this episode. Also, drunken students! I'm not making that up.
May 9, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2016
It was one of my favourit episodes so far, yea it might be rushed and lack a lot of things (reason for re=l to dual gleen) but thanks to it it had a variety:
FIGHTS
NEW CHARACTERS
STORY
FUN
DRUNK SISSTY
it was realy nice
May 9, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode. I liked the drunk sisti, she was clinging to Glenn. That was cute lol
May 9, 2017 10:07 AM
Apr 2017
Ganbare shironeko,and finally episode rumia
May 9, 2017 10:08 AM
Apr 2017
Ganbare shironeko,and finally episode rumia
May 9, 2017 10:13 AM
Jan 2016
Paul said:
Askorti said:

You should be complaining about it the other way around as Re=L is her name on the official site. So translators for where ever you read it changed it for the sake of convenience.

http://rokuaka.jp/#character

I'm probably biased, but I find the changed spelling to be better. The official one is just strange.
Although now that I think about it, it would kinda fit in with what I've read in the manga.
May 9, 2017 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
Great episode with all the action and the plot to kill Rumia perfectly explained! All is well that ends well I guess. I'm glad that Rumia was finally able to confront her mother with her true feelings and it was great seeing class 2 wipe the smug look off the face of the teacher from class 1! Too bad all the reward money was blown on Sisti getting drunk on brandy cake lol
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 9, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah this episode felt pretty rushed. I expected more from Sistine's fight, and the whole conflict of this arc felt like it was rather simple to resolve quickly.

However, this conclusion was satisfying, Rumia made up with her mom, and Class 2 won the tournament, though that was expected. Sistine was pretty funny at the end as well, and damn, what the hell did those students eat that totaled up to 3 months worth of salary lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 9, 2017 11:01 AM
Nov 2015
Ew, drunk cat too clingy. So far Re=L a best.
May 9, 2017 11:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Drunk, clingy Shironeko was so cute.

Can someone spoil me and tell me (with thick fat spoiler protection of course) if this turns harmed at some point? I'm seeing at least 3 candidates at this point.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 9, 2017 11:46 AM
Jul 2014
This anime is really the dark horse of the season
May 9, 2017 11:59 AM

Jan 2017
Great episode! Maybe I'm just dumb, but I didn't see that illusion magic trick coming. And again, Glenn plays his card well.

Watching more and more of this show, I get the feeling a good part of the world building has been excluded. I really wish, they had made a 24ep-show out ouf this.

And I can't still decide who is best, Rumia or Sisti. And now Re=L comes in, too. So confused...
May 9, 2017 12:19 PM

Sep 2015
So Rumia remembered all along
May 9, 2017 12:59 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Excellent episode as always
So the queen was forced by that cursed necklace to issue the kill order while the guard were only trying to ensure the queens safety. To think that Albert and Re-L were actually Glenn's comrades from the mage corps and that they were here to stop the enemy. It was nice to see them work together to stop this plot though. At the same time it was nice to see the class win the competition even without Glenn being there. Glenn disguised as Albert in motivating them was pretty well done. Anger is a surprisingly good motivation lol. It was worth seeing Class 1's brats be blown away by class 2 though. Sistine when motivated is pretty powerful. Arguably the central plot here was the one between Rumia and the queen and it was nice that Glenn managed to recognize the signals given by Celica and the queen and figure out what was going on. It was nice that Rumia and the queen managed to have that talk in the end. I really didn't think that the queen will just be that heartless all of a sudden.

Hmm so the maid was the enemy agent eh.
A cursed necklace's been planted on the queen eh
Thats one hell of a threat though.
If anything Re=L is a capable mage and combatant though a rather straightforward one. Hmm as expected she's a mage from the mage corps eh and she seems to have a grudge with Glenn that she wants to settle with combat. Lol So Alberts spell was aimed at his partner instead to stop her rampage which given the situation is not a good thing to do at the moment. Rematch later perhaps. Hmm so Albert and Re=l are comrades from his spec ops days eh. Man Re=l is cute in how she acts though. Hmm Re=l is straightforward to the point of launching three frontal assaults eh. Hmm so even Celica was former spec ops eh. Hmm so Albert and Re=l are number 17 and 7 respectively while celica is number 21.
Despite what Glenn thinks the trio of Glenn, Albert and Re=L really act look good friends lol. So im guessing the larger the number the more powerful the mage is then. Without his support though it looks like the class is starting to flounder. Hmm does Sistine recognize that both Albert and Re=l are from the mage corps i wonder. Hmm Sistine really knows how to make the team motivated. By making them believe that Glenn would look down on them for losing lol. Anger can be a great motivation sometimes. Hmm Albert's words to Lynn was a great way to motivate her. This is after all just a festival so winning is not that important. Wow so Lynn transformed into an angel for her form eh. Lol Class 2 is back. Hmm the key will be the magic duals then eh. Come on Sistine show Glenn that you are a capable mage as well. If anything when Sistine is motivated she can easily beat anyone. Hueys reaction to Sistine's win lol. But man Sistine is powerful though. Congrats to the class that was an excellent performance. Hmm so Glenn was actually disguised as Albert then eh. Nicely done. And Re=L was actually Rumia. Which means that Albert and Re=L were the decoys lol. Lol Celica finally gets to show her magic as well.

Hmm so the guard wasn't doing this out of malice but to protect their queen then. The queen does seem to struggle with her emotions as she gave the order though but given the circumstances i guess its normal. To think that things will turn out like this though. But thinking back both Celica and the queen are giving you clues as to why they can't tell the truth. Glenn needs to read this to see whats really going on. Hmm so that necklace while magical can only be dispelled by Glenn with his special spell lol. But at least in the end this gave the queen the chance to really speak to Rumia from her heart. She is after all your daughter. Hmm figures that Albert and Re=l were assigned two missions. One to protect the queen and two to detect and destroy any rogue mages like the ones belonging to The wisdom of the heavens research society like that maid.
So it looks like those guys will keep coming back because they want to use Rumia to get the Akashic records. Its nice that in the end Rumia was able to finally speak to her mother though. Hmm so Glenn recognized the eye expression that the queen displayed back then to tell that she was being forced to say the words. Rumia finally remembers Glenn from three years ago then. Lol Sistine is really different when's she drunk lol. More daring and can't keep her hands of people especially Glenn lol. Man that check total though. There goes the award that he got from that bet then lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2017 1:28 PM

May 2010
ibraheem234 said:
Sensei has become so lovable..... I hate how the class took advantage of him...how and what they ate3 months salary that's too much

Obviously those alcoholic dishes are expensive
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2017 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
It was alright. I didn't like the school tournament story, but I liked the Glenn's Conflict story where he was trying to save Rumia from the Imperial Knights. At least when Glenn confronted the queen himself, it became more interesting. However, the best part was near the ending, which was also the funniest moment, where every single one of Glenn's students blew all of his money and brought up hilarious reactions.
May 9, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2013
And so the arc ends... very rushed.
At least the evil maid is hot.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

336 by nicolasfk »»
May 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

258 by nima_bio »»
Jan 30, 3:52 PM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.