Forum Settings
Forums

@girls of MAL, is this accurate of female fantasies/desires?

New
Feb 6, 2017 6:36 PM

Dec 2014

Also known as kabe-don: “wall-pounding” is when a guy suddenly thrusts his hand against a wall, pinning a girl to it."

I question the" accuracy" of cliches

and I've seen a lot of scenarios where x male character is very "assertive" I guess and female char is shunned.
It's in a lot of anime/manga so:

main questions:
is this actually accurate?
Is being assertive attractive?
if not, what do you think peers of your gender think?(broad stereotyping I guess)
theoretically, if this were to happen to you, what would be your reaction?
general thoughts etc, post em.

my response:

Is this where you live?

Feb 6, 2017 7:56 PM

Nov 2015
if anyone tried this to me i would kick em so fast. no hesitation, no regrets bitch

also relevant:
thanks @grimace for the jon stamp i love you
Feb 6, 2017 8:01 PM

Jun 2016
I don't have to be female to tell you that what you see in anime and manga (especially hentai) are not reflective of reality (and should not be attempted in real life).
Feb 6, 2017 8:16 PM

Aug 2016
haha so i kid you not my friend did this with the girl he liked.

It was at the end of the school day, right? and he told me she had not been giving him a good chance to ask her out, so this man...this poor, poor friend of mine...he comes up with the brilliant idea of copying that anime tactic. it looked almost exactly like this.

oh and she rejected him, so it didnt work either
Feb 6, 2017 8:22 PM

Aug 2016
shotz said:
so...? the fuck happened? don't leave me hanging like that.

lmao she looked at him dead in the face.

did this

and said
Feb 6, 2017 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
hmm maybe that's a common female desire for asian cultures (i've seen it in a variety of taiwanese, korean, japanese dramas and more) but as a millennial MAL user raised in America, it's cringey. It's cute but realistically not for me. But then again, I haven't been reading much shoujo lately either so.

[theory edit: perhaps it's not the action that makes it a fantasy but height difference that makes it appealing??]
Feb 6, 2017 8:41 PM

Mar 2008
I'd say a lot of girls like to have their hands held down gently but not pinned abruptly and unexpectedly which would come off quite threatening and uncomfortable.

I'm not a girl though I just talk to mostly girls.
traedFeb 6, 2017 9:04 PM
Feb 6, 2017 8:48 PM
Feb 2016
That doesn't really seem attractive to me.

Feb 6, 2017 8:53 PM

Apr 2013
I wish a girl would do this to me. Preferably one with shapely deltoids. *_*
Feb 6, 2017 9:13 PM

Mar 2016
My boyfriend Tamotsu has did this to me once joking around trying to kiss me in front of his at his apartment door.
Did not work out like planned.
We are about the same size he is maybe a inch or two taller then me.
He lean in to kiss me and I move forward to kiss him and we headbutt one the other.
We both joked about it afterwards.
He was: You was not to move and let me kiss you.
Was just: Next time I will not move and let you kiss me, or i will pin you to a wall.
Let's switch the role's, the female pin the male to a wall. lol
We both laughed about it.

Feb 6, 2017 9:20 PM

Dec 2014
e8 said:
I don't have to be female to tell you that what you see in anime and manga (especially hentai) are not reflective of reality (and should not be attempted in real life).

Who said anything about anyone attempting it.

I'm curious if it has anything to do with the suspension bridge effect, historically and possibly even today, at least form what I'm seeing(might be just peers around me), though I could be wrong, girls generally look for those with leadership qualities such as courage/assertiveness. Also noted from my perspective, everyone seems shy and "insecure", at least this/the latest generation.
Is this where you live?

Feb 6, 2017 9:25 PM

Sep 2009
I'm pretty sure it looks more along the lines of this:
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Feb 6, 2017 9:26 PM

Dec 2014
IJN_Musashi92 said:
My boyfriend Tamotsu has did this to me once joking around trying to kiss me in front of his at his apartment door.
Did not work out like planned.
We are about the same size he is maybe a inch or two taller then me.
He lean in to kiss me and I move forward to kiss him and we headbutt one the other.
We both joked about it afterwards.
He was: You was not to move and let me kiss you.
Was just: Next time I will not move and let you kiss me, or i will pin you to a wall.
Let's switch the role's, the female pin the male to a wall. lol
We both laughed about it.

Made me chuckle lol, BREAKING CLICHE MOMENTS.

_____

@Cav lmafo, so would you think in any other scenario if he hadn't done that, would the outcome be different?
Is this where you live?

Feb 6, 2017 9:30 PM

Aug 2016
peanutbutters said:

@Cav lmafo, so would you think in any other scenario if he hadn't done that, would the outcome be different?

tbh since that day she's never spoken to him the same way. I thought that maybe he had a chance at some point but after that...horrible attempt, there was no way.

What's even more awkward now is they have to sit next to each other every day in our english class and he still has hope for it but i can tell its not happening
Feb 6, 2017 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
I can't say that I've ever had fantisies like this : T

It's too sudden but it can be romantic if you were sort of interested in the person already o, o
Feb 6, 2017 11:28 PM

Jan 2016
This is not my fantasy, no. I'd rather not be trapped between another person and a wall with no chance of escape. ^^;
Feb 6, 2017 11:33 PM

Sep 2016
If anyone did try to do this then i wouldn't even hesitate to kick em where the sun don't shine
Feb 7, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
peanutbutters said:
e8 said:

Who said anything about anyone attempting it.

Nobody did. I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just saying it shouldn't be attempted in real life because it's not reflective of reality, as per your question.
Feb 7, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2016
Depends on you knowing that they want it. I've done that OP thing and it was epic turnout.

Some chicks actually love that man-handle shit. You just need to know that it's appropriate.
Feb 7, 2017 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
lmao last time a guy did that to me was c r i n g e deluxe, he watches too much hentai and anime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like dude stop tryin to be a smirking, devious anime cool guy charac lols
Feb 7, 2017 9:09 AM

Nov 2015
Haha, to really pull this off you have to be as cool as the guys in the frames lol. If you're some 5 ft tall kwashiorkor stricken guy, then forget it.
Feb 7, 2017 9:24 AM

Mar 2016
If it was my boyfriend doing that to be flirtatious it'd be one thing because I'd be comfortable around him and know I wasn't in danger, but if it was a friend or some random guy he'd be smacked end of discussion there. A man being assertive in business scenarios and other examples like that is attractive but I wouldn't want one being assertive towards me in the relationship. People should be equal in relationships and no one should feel dominant or in danger.
RellexiaFeb 7, 2017 9:28 AM
Feb 7, 2017 10:14 AM

Nov 2016
Do you really need a girl to tell you this? Being assertive is fine, being pushy and cornering her is not. Unless it was some kind of game you have as a couple.
Feb 7, 2017 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
as a girl i find it cringy
never ever do this
Feb 7, 2017 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
if I did that to some girl they'd be screaming out of rape
Feb 7, 2017 10:27 AM

Jul 2014
If a guy I actually like did this to me then I doubt I'd mind... as with watching this happen in animes and mangas, my heart would probably start beating erratically out of excitement. lol I also probably wouldn't be too frazzled if a guy friend I actually know quite a bit did this to me.

But if some completely random guy did this to me out of nowhere because he wanted to confess or for whatever reason, then I'd definitely be freaked out and start screaming my lungs out. No one would want this done to them by a stranger... even if the stranger was incredibly good looking.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Feb 7, 2017 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
I can only provide my own experience with the opposite sex. but women seem to be somewhat interested in bondage not necessarily masochism but just being tied up (usually just their hands.) or pegging.

As for the "wall pound" it's probably a japanese thing.
Feb 7, 2017 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
I'm not a girl, granted. Nobody is (Smirk).
But the idea of suddenly being pinned like that would immediately activate the flight/fight/freeze mechanism in my brain, and I imagine it would be the same for others of both/all genders.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Feb 7, 2017 11:40 AM

Jul 2015
Yato1111 said:
If anyone did try to do this then i wouldn't even hesitate to kick em where the sun don't shine

But the sun always shines where I'm at
Feb 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Jan 2014
My favorite part about this thread is the question being referred to females and yet the ones answering are mainly males.
This is great.
Also: I misunderstood "wall-pounding" for a sex position.
Feb 7, 2017 12:04 PM

Feb 2016
No. Since I'm 5' they'd be towering over me and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Feb 7, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2010
If the guy is attractive, and not a real jerk, then YES, absolutely. But if he's ugly and I don't like him, it's just plain creepy :< My boyfriend did it before we started dating and I was super embarrassed, but it was just teasing, so I kinda enjoyed it too.
Feb 7, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2016
Idk I feel like it depends on what your relationship is with the person. Though, I can tell you for certain if any guy did that to me, especially if we weren't already close friends, he would be greeted with a swift kick to the *****.

Then again i'm gay so~, if another girl did it to me, and she was someone I liked I don't think I'd hate it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anime was the catalyst of my life's downward spiral.
Joining MAL was the nail in my coffin.

Every day I keep screaming into the void,
but god just tells me to shut up.
Feb 7, 2017 12:52 PM

Oct 2015
Well, it happened to me years ago O///////O I was too embarrassed, but since I liked the guy it's a good memory
Feb 7, 2017 1:02 PM

Aug 2016
Nah, man.
I find males intimidating as it is, so I'd just be really, really uncomfortable and freaked out if one suddenly did something like that to me.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Feb 7, 2017 1:29 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe some overly romance obsessed otaku girl would like this. Idk.
Feb 7, 2017 1:32 PM

Dec 2016
Well, i tried the fifty shades of grey way, but she just screamed and told me if I just go close to her one more time, she will call the police
Feb 7, 2017 1:37 PM

Feb 2016
Lux_Lucis said:
Azreiel said:
No. Since I'm 5' they'd be towering over me and that makes me feel uncomfortable.

If that makes you feel uncomfortable wait till someone does this:

Noooo whyyy.. The face says it all though ^

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Feb 7, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2007
Wander_Wolf said:
This is not my fantasy, no. I'd rather not be trapped between another person and a wall with no chance of escape. ^^;

This^

Being cornered sounds anything but attractive to me at all. In my experience, at least, it was terrifying and left a very bad memory, so anyone who wants to try this, figure out first if your lady is up for being trapped
Feb 7, 2017 1:50 PM

Nov 2016
I would so love it if someone did that to me! If I either liked the person or they're attractive, preferably both. Then again I've read way too much shoujo manga.... If it was some creep I'd probably punch him in the face.

Boob-comparing where girls feel each others breasts is not a thing.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Feb 7, 2017 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
Mayling said:

The whole grabbing the breast part is not and would feel wrong.
The breast comparing by looking is real however.

Feb 7, 2017 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
IJN_Musashi92 said:
Mayling said:

The whole grabbing the breast part is not and would feel wrong.
The breast comparing by looking is real however.

Yep, the comparing by looking part is definitely real.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Feb 7, 2017 4:41 PM

Oct 2007
I'd probably be on guard unless I really knew the guy and felt comfortable with him getting that close. Otherwise it feels kind of threatening more than cute.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Feb 7, 2017 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
It happened to me once cause I was teasing a boy I knew so he pinned me to the wall and kissed me. I can't say I didn't like it 😂
Feb 7, 2017 6:39 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like I could get away with doing this with a female classmate or maybe a girl from work if I explained it to them later and laughed it off, but I don't really wanna fuck with them in that way or give them the wrong idea.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 7, 2017 6:42 PM

Jul 2015
Can't say girls would like that. 1) you're invading my personal space and 2) do you think you have control over me by hovering over creepily like that? Boy bye.
I like guys who are somewhat assertive, but not... aggressive. I think there's a difference.
Feb 7, 2017 7:09 PM

Aug 2016
Actually, that's kind of hot. I like assertive men.
Feb 7, 2017 9:11 PM

Dec 2014
MortalMelancholy said:
I'm pretty sure it looks more along the lines of this:

Hawt *_* .

Rinar said:
Do you really need a girl to tell you this? Being assertive is fine, being pushy and cornering her is not. Unless it was some kind of game you have as a couple.

Apparently yes, because there are mixed responses in this thread and some say assertions scares them. Also it appears that you are giving me tips? I'm just a zombie observer so no need.

Anyyways: (need more peeps on /thread)
Alright, tallying it up(should have added a poll... fak):

nos: 7
yes(maybe/situational +2): 8 = 10.
Is this where you live?

Feb 8, 2017 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Is it just me or I visualize female to read yaoi?

Or... Is it just me?
Feb 8, 2017 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
I feel like that would be a really good time to grab one of his balls with your two fingers and ask "You want to know it feels like to bust a nut?"

I know I'm terrible.

More topics from this board

» What's your thoughts on BLM?

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

5 by Theo1899 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Apr 24

33 by jameswesreviews »»
26 minutes ago

» Would an ecchi anime of your favorite non-anime interest or medium work out?

TheBlockernator - 12 hours ago

6 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» Being for the abolition of work is the only truly politically incorrect statement there is

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

32 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» Do you still pursue your dreams?

ZakuF_ - 6 hours ago

6 by SimplyBrazen »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.