Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Aug 8, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2014
I need to download that ringtone.

It has that vibe and sorta sends off an eerie message that "The Beast is Near"

I'm HYPED!
Aug 8, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 2015
I have a question. Is there an explanation afterwards of why the old guy can remember her wife?

Aug 8, 2016 10:54 AM

Feb 2015
Look at out main character right now. Completely changed into a different person. even tho his habit to make that kind of jokes is still the same but his personality overall has been changed...into something new and i really like it a lot at how he handled the situation so calm like in this episode. really like that a lot.

Those determination, those all people's determination to kill white whale were so high tho.....and subaru obviously realize that too.

and that last scene in the end, god dammit i like it a lot. at how they made the while whale appeared. they used the rigtone in subaru's phone into the soundtrack and made it more thrilling. not only that, frame per frame after that, they made it look more thrilling too. and i just knew that the while whale looks a bit cool xD

and thus the story is moving....
looking foward to the next episode :D
WHY THEY NEED TO PUT CLIFFHANGER ON THAT SCENE!!!! :c ;_;
Aug 8, 2016 12:21 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
it's a weird feeling to finish a Re:Zero episode and feeling good and upbeat about it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 8, 2016 12:33 PM
Aug 2016
Farabeuf said:
it's a weird feeling to finish a Re:Zero episode and feeling good and upbeat about it.

lol so true but I'm glad some good has finally come to Subaru which hasn't happened often these past 19 episodes
Aug 8, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty average episode for the most part - considering this was just a build up episode

The last few minutes were really good, though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2016 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
kidlat020 said:
akaban said:
About the phone, it is not even supposed to exist in this world so it would be okay to call it magic. And you don't know how Crusch power works anyways

nice plot hole detection!

Subaru basically lied that his cellphone is a metia in their world, so why did Crusch never mentioned about him lying about that rather important detail?

It's not a plot hole, there's a reason why Subaru calling his cellphone a metia is not a lie, if I say why, it would be spoilers, so I'll just leave it at that.
HeitokunAug 8, 2016 1:05 PM
Aug 8, 2016 12:55 PM
Aug 2016
Tbh i dont understand the plot about the whale killing the best swordmen

How does everyone remember it? i thought that when the white whale killed someone, everyone forgets that person
Aug 8, 2016 1:17 PM

Aug 2015
lensjehhh said:

How does everyone remember it? i thought that when the white whale killed someone, everyone forgets that person

Not necessarily.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 8, 2016 1:21 PM
Aug 2015
Mickdrew said:
Pretty average episode for the most part - considering this was just a build up episode

The last few minutes were really good, though

The last few minutes were ruined by Subaru yelling and looking happy. Where's Betelgeuse when you need him...
Aug 8, 2016 1:30 PM

May 2015
Wild idea: I want Subaru's ringtone. Does somebody know, where could I find it? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2016 1:39 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
Just to make sure that the simple sweeping "hater" defense is deployed: I still enjoy the show quite a bit, and I am delighted to see Subaru returned to a constructive mode. There is actual story progress, and no more time wasted torturing Subaru. Fine! I buy! Still - I feel compelled to contradict our group of hardcore fans who insist on how extraordinary this show is for its "realistic" depiction of Subaru.

I remember that after episode 17, when I voiced my disapproval for devolving Subaru into a screaming ragdoll, many people explained to me with indignant reproach in their voices that Subaru was so broken that it was impossible to act any different than he did. That everyone would react like this. And then, all it takes was 10 friggen minutes - the second half of episode 18 - in which a kind girl comforted Subaru, got him to view things in a different perspective, and encouraged him, and Subaru flips from Zero to Hero like magic.

Not only does he turn from buffoon to Sherlock Holmes (e.g. how he "deduced" that it was Crusch's intention to kill the White Whale based on his earlier observations of wagon movements - this was utterly breathtaking), he also tries extremely complicated maneauvers, like playing the interests of the various parties against each other, with them "walking in" on each other at just the right time... that's the very same guy that was completely clueless in the prior iteration!

Impossible? No, certainly not. Realistic? *cough* welllllll....

The show has got its strengths, but for my taste, the author is waaaay too fixated on letting Subaru alternate between extremes. I'm almost certain that our Sherlock is going to turn back into Suffaru again fairly soon. A bit less flashiness would be much more in my opinion. But alas. We'll see.

I'm pretty sure that a teenager absolutely consumed in intense rage to kill someone wouldn't exactly be in, "constructive" mode. Sure, they could still pick up things, but they probably wouldn't be in the right mood to just calm down. Plus, at the time, Subaru decided to try the short route instead, which resulted in, well, you know.

I don't think you have any idea about therapy. Complaining, being honest with yourself, etc, REALLY helps in those cases.

Right at the end of ep 18 the anime made it extremely clear that Subaru has calmed down, and the beginning of ep 19 made it clear that some time has passed between the ending of ep 18, and the beginning of 19.

Once again, many people in general won't always be calm and rational. Sure, they can comprehend information, but depending on how chaotic their emotions are at the time, they won't USE the information correctly.
Jul 2016
Lord_Thantus said:
This was an interesting bit of world building we just saw. The way certain factions work are a bit clearer, and we can finally see that this White Whale has been a big thing that's been happening for a while. Even to the point that they have their own "mock survival group" thing with the soldiers who lost people to the whale.

Which brings up a big question. Why do they remember these victims? I think something sinister is happening here. I'd say it puts these deaths (or maybe the cause of them) in to question.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Well, considering how the whale blew off Subaru in ep 17, it can probably just kill people with it's sheer size.
Shingster

Jun 2015
First of all its nice to see that Subaru has finally recovered from the slump that
he fell into after witnessing everyone's death. While its true that Subaru lacks
the fighting strength and skills of knights or the political know how of characters like Yuka Iguchi's character he makes up for it by thinking of things others won't.

When Subaru puts his mind to something he can often succeed quite easily like during the negotiations with Crusch.

Secondly its nice to see that the girls that are in the royal selection are not exactly heartless. In fact Crusch and Anastasia seem to be pretty nice and though they all have their own agenda's its nice to see them all helping to end the white whale.

The scene between the ground dragon and Rem was pretty funny lol. The fact that Rem will
be jealous of the ground dragon because Subaru is nice to it is so funny.

On a side note i was surprised that see that Crusch will be fighting on the frontlines but given her temperament maybe i shouldn't be surprised.

The lead up to the battle against the white whale was really well done especially Crusch's speech. Truly Yuka Iguchi is a capable seiyuu. In fact This anime is just full of talented seiyuu who play their roles extremely well like Emelia's seiyuu Rin Takahashi and Rem's Inori Minase.

Can't wait till next week and see how the battle fares. I really hope that there won't be that many casualties.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2016 1:41 PM
Jul 2016
kidlat020 said:
akaban said:
About the phone, it is not even supposed to exist in this world so it would be okay to call it magic. And you don't know how Crusch power works anyways

nice plot hole detection!

Subaru basically lied that his cellphone is a metia in their world, so why did Crusch never mentioned about him lying about that rather important detail?

Yeah, but we've never actually so far seen what a media from the kingdom looks like. According to arc 1, metias are, "special devices" of some sort. Memory's hazy, but it could be that the metia's in Re: Zero are actually from earth. Doesn't sound too far fetched considering how Subaru's from earth.
Aug 8, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
Yuzuryn said:

Don't bother with Jkay. Majority of their issues with this episode were explained. They're just shitposting at this point, honestly.

Subaru Out Smarts Political Leaders
>He uses what he learned in other loops in order to do so and has an advantage due to no one knowing about the cellphone. Maybe a bit too well, although it has been shown that Subaru is a bit self aware and perceptive in a way especially in the first few episodes where he negotiated at the Loot House.

Subaru Charges Out Head First In Front Of Trained Soldiers

>Subaru stated to Crusch that he would be the bait as /he/ as the Witch's scent aka what the Whale and Mabeasts are after. So Subaru has to charge out first and while the whale is chasing them, the others attack it. By doing this, it minimizes the possible deaths in the upcoming battle as the Whale will be too focused on Subaru to do maximum damage.

See how all their points start falling apart? All the buzzwords and constant dislike for the show? Yeah, shitposting. Do they have good points sometimes? Yeah, I guess so. But notice their condescending nature with this show? They mock everything this show has to offer and anyone defending it. Don't bother rip

I'll add to your points
>Subaru was never crazy just traumatized, Petelgeuse mentioned it. He was putting up a dirty act for others to pity him but could still pay attention to details.

Sometimes JkayW has good points but this made me laugh. It feels like he's not even trying anymore and is just trying to get responses.
NecromiaAug 8, 2016 2:05 PM
Aug 8, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
Buck_Wade said:
I don't think you have any idea about therapy. Complaining, being honest with yourself, etc, REALLY helps in those cases.

What are you talking about? Rem is not doing "therapy" here, and based on your earlier comments you are most definitely unqualified to smart-aleck about it. Stop pretending, please, willya?

Subaru is flip-flopping between completely and utterly broken and amazingly capable and smart, and no, based on my life experience, a 10-minute soothing pep talk is not sufficient to credibly explain it. If your life experience says otherwise and you are satisfied with the development, more power to you. I'll get back to it the next time Subaru turns into a screaming ragdoll, and without knowing the source, I'm fairly certain that this won't be too far away.
Aug 8, 2016 2:03 PM

Oct 2014
shiraha said:
Jeremeh said:
That ringtone at the end tho lol

trivia :

subaru's ringtone is actually from an old japanese anime called "A dog of Flanders"

Fitting, one depressing anime to cameo in another one.
Aug 8, 2016 2:14 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
Buck_Wade said:

What are you talking about? Rem is not doing "therapy" here, and based on your earlier comments you are most definitely unqualified to smart-aleck about it. Stop pretending, please, willya?

Subaru is flip-flopping between completely and utterly broken and amazingly capable and smart, and no, based on my life experience, a 10-minute soothing pep talk is not sufficient to credibly explain it. If your life experience says otherwise and you are satisfied with the development, more power to you. I'll get back to it the next time Subaru turns into a screaming ragdoll, and without knowing the source, I'm fairly certain that this won't be too far away.

Okay, maybe not actual therapy, but talking to someone about you being an absolute piece of shit and then them convincing you of your good side and what you're actually doing, talking, etc, can really help the way I see it.

And I'm not pretending. I actually have plenty of experience in stress. To get a little personnel, over the years, I have gone into ridiculous stress because of:
-Attention difficulties in school.
-Being ignored by peers that I reached out to, yet still feel tired and distant from the ones I did reach out to.
-Obsessive worrying about my future.
-The absolutely horrendous life decisions I made in the past, some of which still haunt me to this very minute.

Therapy never helped me, because the therapist never actually seemed to connect with me on a personnel level. It would just be me complaining, and the therapist saying something like, "take a breath".

Subaru started turning into a crazed screaming ragdoll in ep 15 when Betlejuice commitd the massacres.
This lead to ep 16 where he became a crazed madman who thought he was prioritizing lives, but just wanted revenge. At the end of the ep, he seemed to have cooled down.
Ep 17, he finally reaches the mansion, but Rem's death messes up his rational thinking and most of all, will to actually go on and not restart, hence why his attempts at saving Emilia bombed.
In ep 18, he's done, tired, broken, fed up with seeing his friends killed, fed up with restarting the scenario over and over again, realizes his own weaknesses, and gives up.
Yes, they actually started dying in arc 1, but back then he hadn't really formed a personnel connection with them much, and in arc 2, a friend died ONCE, and he felt conflicted about it because she had betrayed him.

And once again, it's an extremely known fact that emotions such as extreme levels of anger, anxiety, fear, etc, screw with your rational thinking, no matter how intelligent you are. T
here's a difference between being intelligent as someone who can figure stuff out, and being a wiseman/woman who understands the experiences they've had.
Aug 8, 2016 2:30 PM

Jan 2009
But this is exactly my point: If you indicate that you can sympathize with Subaru for being down on your knees in your life, then I'm sure you'll agree that you wouldn't be able to just turn around completely in one day, with only a kind understanding voice giving you courage?

In case I wasn't clear before: OF COURSE I would expect Rem's initiative to be effective, and to significant help him. But only _to a degree_, since things like this take time. Or, in other words, someone who is completely broken and down on his knees should not be performing an amazing tapdance the morning after. He should be happy enough if he were on his feet again. THIS is a bit much for me to swallow.
Aug 8, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 2016
Mentar said:
But this is exactly my point: If you indicate that you can sympathize with Subaru for being down on your knees in your life, then I'm sure you'll agree that you wouldn't be able to just turn around completely in one day, with only a kind understanding voice giving you courage?

In case I wasn't clear before: OF COURSE I would expect Rem's initiative to be effective, and to significant help him. But only _to a degree_, since things like this take time. Or, in other words, someone who is completely broken and down on his knees should not be performing an amazing tapdance the morning after. He should be happy enough if he were on his feet again. THIS is a bit much for me to swallow.

That's because (opinion) Subaru's stress is GIVING UP, not GETTING OVER THE PERMANENT DEATH OF A LOVED ONE (Sorry I'm using capitals, don't know how to use bold letters here as emphasis), which takes MONTHS, trust me on that one.

He always was able to use info he learned from other loops, just that since ep 15, he's been trying different routes that have screwed him over WAY more than the previous ones, leading to him giving up on ep 18.

But hey, good news for you (and me, of course) is that I'm finally getting an understand of WHERE your opinion comes from and WHY so.

EDIT: Sorry, I had forgotten to read the last sentence of your first paragraph. It's a problem of mine to end up forgetting some words when reading.
Anyway, as a response to that sentence, if I, had completely given up on something, I think a friend talking to me the way Rem did would probably help me try again.
And the stress that I've been through that I mentioned are completely different.
Buck_WadeAug 8, 2016 2:40 PM
Aug 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2015
The end feel like a big reference to Jurassic Park
Aug 8, 2016 3:24 PM

Dec 2014
ExoticBankai said:

LOL I understand the feels... so epic roght
Aug 8, 2016 3:28 PM
Dec 2013
Tony_SansNom said:
lensjehhh said:

Not necessarily.
Maybe she wasn't eaten? I mean it's a whale, so its a given that it is massive. Maybe she got crushed to death? There are a lot of ways to kill a person.
Aug 8, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2015
I thought Subaru screwed up again at the end. Glad that wasn't the case.
Aug 8, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2012
Slow episode, but the end totally made me hyped for the next episode :D
Aug 8, 2016 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
ExoticBankai said:
So glad to have another person who thought the same.
Aug 8, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2013
Shinjisus said:
I have a question. Is there an explanation afterwards of why the old guy can remember her wife?

Maybe the whole forgetting thing isn't even related to the white whale but is related to Subaru's curse?

You're jumping to conclusions.
Aug 8, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2015
TitanAnteus said:
Shinjisus said:

Maybe the whole forgetting thing isn't even related to the white whale but is related to Subaru's curse?

You're jumping to conclusions.
That is what was implied. The whale not being the reason would be a justification.

Aug 8, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2015
HE LEARNED ABOUT NEGOTIATING and the phone becomes useful again. Now that he's finally got his crap together, things have finally begun turning around a bit, which is something I have been waiting for, for a very, very long time now. Honestly, I'm both happy for him, and kind of proud of him. And then Rem continues being one of the greatest girls of all time in the night, towards the end of the episode. God I love her.

Despite being happy and all, I couldn't shake this feeling of dread the entire episode, and it lasted all the way too the end until Rem shot that ice at the whale, as her and Subaru charged in, that calmed me down. Also, that dang tune the phone was playing will now be engraved in my head for days, and now ring tones are creepy as heck.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 8, 2016 5:21 PM
Dec 2013
So Crusch can detect lies, I'm thinking maybe Subaru could use this to tell her about his powers/origins/who he really is? He can give her a note/list of things to question him and it would go like this:

1.) Are you from another world? - No - Crusch detects lie
2.) Do you have the power to Return from Death? - No
3.) Is it true that you have already died numerous times just to revive again so that you can prevent horrible things from happening? - No
Aug 8, 2016 5:39 PM

Jul 2016
JuNex03 said:
So Crusch can detect lies, I'm thinking maybe Subaru could use this to tell her about his powers/origins/who he really is? He can give her a note/list of things to question him and it would go like this:

3.) Is it true that you have already died numerous times just to revive again so that you can prevent horrible things from happening? - No

Well, I guess he could, if the curse isn't under surveillance of the Jealous Witch 24/7. She could be very cruel when it come to Subaru testing her patience (see Emilia's death due to Subaru ignoring Jealous Witch's warning to crush his heart in he spill the bean in Episode 17. She has 'punished' Subaru act by crushing Emilia's heart instead)
Aug 8, 2016 5:48 PM

Jan 2015
Sooo... The wind of lies seem to be quiet crap as it did not show when Subaru was lying about his 'metia'. He knows it's a lie that he uses to trick people with, we know it's a lie, but the plot goes on with it. Anyway I guess it's a minor detail.

I feel like the pacing keeps slowing down and everything is just getting waaaaaay to stretched out *coughepisodeeighteeencough*
Aug 8, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
[quote=NitroKageAki message=47283946]
JuNex03 said:

Uh, after ep 17 I'm pretty sure it's clear by now that the witch's conscious about what Subaru's doing.
Aug 8, 2016 6:12 PM
Dec 2013
[quote=Buck_Wade message=47284054]
NitroKageAki said:
JuNex03 said:

Uh, after ep 17 I'm pretty sure it's clear by now that the witch's conscious about what Subaru's doing.

I'm not so sure about that, because if the witch was 100% aware of what he's doing then he wouldn't even be able to use Return by death to his advantage.

It would go like this:
Subaru - "I need to lure the whale to me so that everyone else will be able to attack it from behind, I know! Rem I have the power to -"
Witch of Envy - "Wot? This motherfukas at it again? Meh he'll just use it to lure some shitty Mabeast again."
Subaru - "Why the fuck isn't it working?"

By my understanding it may not be as active as first thought. Maybe its only set like programmatically. Like

If (MyBitchSubaru.IsTalking = True) {

If CheckIfMyBitchisTalkingBoutHisPowersandShit (Discussion.text, SubjectMatter) = Kill {
Removethebitch'sheart
}

}

Function CheckIfMyBitchisTalkingBoutHisPowersandShit (Discussion, Subject){
<Insert Criteria Here>
Return (result)
}

Lol
Aug 8, 2016 6:20 PM

Apr 2016
Why do I have a feeling that this will only be a brief reprieve from the despair? All in all, a nice episode. I guess it's nice not to have my heart in a vice grip every once in a while.
Aug 8, 2016 6:20 PM
Jul 2016
[quote=JuNex03 message=47284256]
Buck_Wade said:
NitroKageAki said:

I'm not so sure about that, because if the witch was 100% aware of what he's doing then he wouldn't even be able to use Return by death to his advantage.

It would go like this:
Subaru - "I need to lure the whale to me so that everyone else will be able to attack it from behind, I know! Rem I have the power to -"
Witch of Envy - "Wot? This motherfukas at it again? Meh he'll just use it to lure some shitty Mabeast again."

By my understanding it may not be as active as first thought. Maybe its only set like programmatically. Like

If CheckIfMyBitchisTalkingBoutHisPowersandShit (Discussion.text, SubjectMatter) = Kill {
Removethebitch'sheart
}

}

<Insert Criteria Here>
Return (result)
}

Lol

Well so far we don't know jack about why the Witch bought him, or even if it really was her, into the fantasy world.
Aug 8, 2016 6:24 PM
Dec 2013
[quote=Buck_Wade message=47284336]
JuNex03 said:
Buck_Wade said:

It would go like this:

Removethebitch'sheart
}

}

<Insert Criteria Here>
Return (result)
}

Lol

Well so far we don't know jack about why the Witch bought him, or even if it really was her, into the fantasy world.

True, but if it was me I'd test it. Since he can already use it to lure stuff then that means he can also test it and see whether or not its 100% monitoring him lol
Aug 8, 2016 6:25 PM
Jul 2016
willingscapegoat said:
Why do I have a feeling that this will only be a brief reprieve from the despair? All in all, a nice episode. I guess it's nice not to have my heart in a vice grip every once in a while.

Only ep 7, 15, and 17 have been all "edgy", and, "torture porn".
Aug 8, 2016 6:46 PM
Apr 2013
When did the ground dragon and Subaru first meet? From what episode?
Aug 8, 2016 6:50 PM
Dec 2013
Jorge24 said:
When did the ground dragon and Subaru first meet? From what episode?

You mean the first time he met that Prideful ground dragon? I dunno, maybe the first time they went to the capital?
Aug 8, 2016 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
[quote=JuNex03 message=47284376]
Buck_Wade said:
JuNex03 said:

True, but if it was me I'd test it. Since he can already use it to lure stuff then that means he can also test it and see whether or not its 100% monitoring him lol

"Wouldn't even be able to use to his advantage..."? It isn't like she can prevent him from trying... It's for the viewer's sake that Subaru says more than otherwise would be allowed to. His intention has to be conveyed, and it seems better this way...
Aug 8, 2016 7:26 PM
Dec 2013
[quote=Rehls message=47284862]
JuNex03 said:
Buck_Wade said:

"Wouldn't even be able to use to his advantage..."? It isn't like she can prevent him from trying... It's for the viewer's sake that Subaru says more than otherwise would be allowed to. His intention has to be conveyed, and it seems better this way...

I'm just posting possibilities, not suggestions.
Aug 8, 2016 7:29 PM
Jul 2016
[quote=Rehls message=47284862][quote=JuNex03 message=47284376]
Buck_Wade said:
JuNex03 said:

So far it seems clear to me that the Witch is totally cool with Subaru abusing RTBD. What she doesn't want, is for anyone else to know about it, which is why if Subaru attempts conveying the message to Crusch she'll die.
Aug 8, 2016 7:56 PM

May 2008
From a writer's perspective, I find it hard to imagine Subaru dying after putting a whole episode into developing his relationship with Rem, and now all of this.

With that being said, I feel so anxious thinking about what despair will strike next. We still don't know why everybody forgot about the bandana-guy and Rem in Subaru's former life - my guess would be it's connected to the whale's mist. If that's the case, these upcoming episodes can grow pretty horrible (especially since poor Subaru didn't seem to get effected by it).
Aug 8, 2016 8:05 PM
Jul 2016
Kitcha said:
From a writer's perspective, I find it hard to imagine Subaru dying after putting a whole episode into developing his relationship with Rem, and now all of this.

With that being said, I feel so anxious thinking about what despair will strike next. We still don't know why everybody forgot about the bandana-guy and Rem in Subaru's former life - my guess would be it's connected to the whale's mist. If that's the case, these upcoming episodes can grow pretty horrible (especially since poor Subaru didn't seem to get effected by it).

We don't exactly know about the White Whale entirely, so anything's possible. Hey, we know he'll succeed, but we don't know HOW he will. And that's what makes me excited!
Aug 8, 2016 8:10 PM
Mar 2014
Not sure if anyone noticed... but at the end of the episode, the "white" whale was highlighted with GREEN...

is that a hint for the next episode they are attacking the wrong whale?

That being said, is finally good to see Subaru back on his normal self

Now I'm sure this short lived victory will not last long from the roller-coaster emotion rides from episode 1 until now.

I'm sure the author will have yet more despair waiting for us in the next few chapters, even if they do manage to end the "white" / green whale, they still have that crazy cult to deal with.
Aug 8, 2016 8:24 PM
Jul 2016
AllGamer said:
Not sure if anyone noticed... but at the end of the episode, the "white" whale was highlighted with GREEN...

is that a hint for the next episode they are attacking the wrong whale?

That being said, is finally good to see Subaru back on his normal self

Now I'm sure this short lived victory will not last long from the roller-coaster emotion rides from episode 1 until now.

I'm sure the author will have yet more despair waiting for us in the next few chapters, even if they do manage to end the "white" / green whale, they still have that crazy cult to deal with.

I realized this earlier: Otto's carriage came back from the short route with cult swords on it. Doesn't that mean there are some cult members on the short path? What if some cult members notice the army, come check, smell Subaru, and attack?
Aug 8, 2016 8:37 PM

May 2010
Just a build-up episode, nothing special, but I'm glad that plot is moving forward. Wonder if it's Subaru's last "return by death" in this arc? Hopefully everything goes smoothly this time!

Scene with cellphone's alarm was very climatic, loved it.
Aug 8, 2016 9:06 PM
Jul 2016
Kitsu-nee said:
Just a build-up episode, nothing special, but I'm glad that plot is moving forward. Wonder if it's Subaru's last "return by death" in this arc? Hopefully everything goes smoothly this time!

Scene with cellphone's alarm was very climatic, loved it.

Lol, when has a loop in Re: Zero gone 100% smooth?
Pages (18) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

253 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2016

818 by bubba460z »»
Jun 13, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

528 by MrList »»
Jun 13, 4:18 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

716 by MrList »»
Jun 11, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1725 by __kitooo »»
Jun 10, 11:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.