Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 29, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was quite something, a bit slow on the action but the way class works in their academy made the episode fun. Yeah, I think even the media is interested in the students more than expected

Deku also gets a bit modified of his hero outfit.
All Might still awesome as ever. Nice to see more of the staff members and setting of the school :D
May 29, 2016 1:25 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Time to pick a class president. At least Bakugou acknowledges his problems, lol. Lol at Iida xD but at least he voted for someone else. Though, Iida would be the better class president. Seems like there’s more training for the students. Bakugou on the bus was pretty funny, lol. The training area’s huge though. And the villains appear too! The BGM when they appeared was great! Aww damn, All Might’s not here either…

Two chapters adapted this time.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerMay 29, 2016 1:33 AM
May 29, 2016 1:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Considering where the anime is going to end, I think it's safe to say that we'll be getting 2 chapters for the remaining episodes

Congrats to President Ida and VP Momo....Nice moments from Aizawa, All Might and the class interactions on the bus was great lol

Next episode ia going to be CRAZY though now that Shigaraki and co are here to mess up things
TokoyaMay 29, 2016 1:46 AM
May 29, 2016 2:43 AM

Jan 2012
Chapters 12 and 13 adapted this week(more or less). Not much to say on the Iida-centric first half, but congrats for his election...err nomination. His personality screams class rep. Though seeing Momo take charge mighta been nice too. If I'm not mistaken the female hero Midnight made her debut next to the Principal near the end of the first half. She may have appeared earlier in silhouette during the entrance exam though.

Fitting that hero No. Thirteen debuted in Chapter 13. Pretty fun design he's got, and a potentially devastating quirk. That voice was...not what I expected. XD Sounded like a muffled Masako Nozawa. XD I was a bit disappointed that they cut Mount Lady bemoaning All Might putting the other heroes out of business, but oh well. XD Loved seeing Tsuyu and the others troll that dick Bakugo on the bus. XD Good cliffhanger ending, the USJ arc has begun and the villains are here! And no All Might! Show us your stuff kids! And Aizawa! XD

animefan8800May 29, 2016 3:06 AM
May 29, 2016 2:46 AM

May 2012
My god, the soundtrack for this episode. For when Mr. Space Hero was speaking and the villain theme(?) which I can't get enough of

Looks like we're ending the season with a bang with the USJ arc which was pretty obvious

May 29, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
Straight to the OP and then to the funny interview.
What's with that class rep vote result? Nobody vote for Iida? Really didn't expect that one. But in the end, he finally get what deserve for his action toward that School Warning.
Seriously?! It's already time to face "real" villains? Damn, it's hard knowing it'll started next week. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 29, 2016 2:57 AM

Jul 2015
I really liked this episode. You know, it's way more enjoyable when you don't have flashbacks of things we've already seen. It was refreshing to see. I was sad that Bones couldn't deliver with Kohei Horikoshi's horror-esque art style shift when Shigaraki appeared... although I understand it's hard when transitioning to animation. Here's the comparison for non-manga readers:

Overall, really fun episode and I look forward to Bones showing off their talent for action in the coming arc.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 29, 2016 2:59 AM

Sep 2015
Aaaaaaaah cliffhanger !
The comedy in this episode was great
May 29, 2016 3:03 AM

Aug 2010
The hype shall commence. Can't wait for the nxt eps. Gonna be awesome

First half was fun with Iida. And the birth of Fire Exit-kun XD

Lol'd at Ochako saying she thought he would fit as a class prez since he has glasses

But really seeing how shy Izuku is here, damn he's become so BA and outgoing in the current chps

Tsuyu's straight forward comments reminded me why I love her (HOW THE HELL IS AOI YUUKI VAing her, it's so different). Kacchan's being teased and Deku's reaction was lol
May 29, 2016 3:08 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah like @AbsoluteBloom said, the anime unfortunately didn't quite capture the awesomeness of the manga art during that particular scene. Other than that though, great episode as usual! Iida is awesome. Next episode hype is real, can't wait to see more animated Shigaraki.

also that close up of Todoroki's face in the next episode preview gave me a lady boner nice
May 29, 2016 3:12 AM
Oct 2013
Well the detail can't be helped. It'd be awesome if an anime add the same detail as he manga, but I don't think I've ever seen that. Just try not to get your hopes up for more detail in the future, because it's just the cost of animating it.
May 29, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2012
Deku & Yaoyorozu chosen as class rep & deputy class rep. Poor Iida not getting any votes.
Iida proving he is leader in the cafeteria by diffusing the situation & calming the students. Well at least he got class rep in the end.
Love how Aizawa just casually sleeps during class.
Looks like rescue training is up next. Lol Mineta staring at Uraraka.
Tsuyu & the others teasing Bakugou. Pro Hero Thirteen shows up.
Things got very serious at the end. The villains appear out of no where. Shigaraki's creepy face popping out of the portal.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 29, 2016 3:19 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 29, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2014
Another fantastic episode! It saddens me that this adaptation only has 13 episodes... They're literally doing everything perfectly.
:3
May 29, 2016 3:24 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again. Quite hilarious as well.

Someone got angry when Deku got 3 votes ;)) XD

Props to Iida for placating the scenario in the hall. They way he sped towards the exit was funny xD
Great that he an Momo got chosen for class reps.

Kaachan getting teased was epic, Deku's reaction XD

This OST is brilliant, Every track they played in USJ was epic.
Villains finally appear, The forthcoming episodes are gonna be so awesome.

Plus Ultra!
May 29, 2016 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
Bahahahaa!! Welcome to Universal Studios Japan!!!!!!!!!!

This was a perfect adaptation on both of those chapters. Totally loved Iida's Exit-Man moment. He really does make for a better class president than Deku, though that doesn't mean he'll make for a better "Team Leader" though... XD

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was probably the Seiyuu for Thirteen.... seriously he sounds like a kid rather than a full fledged adult Hero.. I was expecting a more... manly tone from him...

Deku's awesome sauce moment shall be arriving soon now. Can't wait for next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 29, 2016 3:43 AM

Nov 2015
I hoped the ep could've focused more on Lida but I guess they needed to move on to introduce a small arc for the rest of eps.

The media acting like the media, no surprise at that. I wonder what's so curious about All Might working there... Just helping grooming the next generation.

Lol at Bakugo getting teased by rest of mates. It was surprising for Deku that someone can go at Bakugo... Nice one.

So the villains were able to intrupt their class, I hope Aizawa gets it handle but it will probably be the class's time to shine. Damn you normal people for holding All Might back!
May 29, 2016 3:45 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was like a big ball of foreshadowing.
Iida is now the Exit Man!
Villains are here! Bring on the action!
May 29, 2016 3:52 AM

Jun 2014
Lol Iida is perfect for being the class rep, especially with him being such a stickler for following the rules.

The end of the episode with the villains showing up was so hype, I'm really excited to see this arc animated.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 29, 2016 3:55 AM

Nov 2014
Nooooo deku, thats not how u should react when ur bully get teased. U should be giddy!

sorry but i cant help it.

Also mineta oggling at ochako's ass when she was talking to deku about his outfit was hilarious. Then momo comes in and looks at him and looks disgusted lolol that was great
AbsoluteBloom said:
I was sad that Bones couldn't deliver with Kohei Horikoshi's horror-esque art style shift when Shigaraki appeared... although I understand it's hard when transitioning to animation. Here's the comparison for non-manga readers:

Indeed. The animation of MHA seems too light-hearted to me. With all the colorful designs and the halfway image, all shining and shit. When in reality, mha isnt as lighthearted as its shown to be. I wonder how the anime is gonna adapt shiragaki's creepy look (yes that infamous one that scared the shit out of everyone) and the night forest fight in the manga where
. Lightheartedness and colorfulness wont work at that time. I hope the studio would be able to keep the dark and tense atmosphere in the latter since it really is the key of the fight, but since thats like 3 or 4 seasons away, im not gonna worry about it now.
May 29, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
It was very funny how Iida calmed down everyone, also Uraraka saying Iida that he should be class rep because he has glasses and stuff.
Things are getting serious right at the end,villains are here!
May 29, 2016 4:11 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Iida is awesome, best guy so far.

Also All Might losing his powers slowly, oh shit.
May 29, 2016 4:23 AM

Jan 2016
KISAMA, ARE YOU A GRAVITY-GIRL SHIPPER OR A FROPPY SHIPPER?!
May 29, 2016 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
this is the first point of where the manga was way better then the anime, it was so much more intense in the manga

at first i didn't mind it but the pacing is getting worse and worse as the anime has gone on
May 29, 2016 4:30 AM

Dec 2014
Midoriya is always centered of attention but I like Lida too
May 29, 2016 4:44 AM
Sep 2015
I'm glad Iida got the job.
Am i a bad person for thinking is was funny when tsu rekt Bakugou on the bus?
I love all might so much he always puts others first.
May 29, 2016 4:48 AM

May 2015
Damn cliffhanger, but I have this feeling next episode is going to be really good now that the unknown villains appeared. The episode showed how cool Iida is as well. Great episode.

May 29, 2016 4:51 AM
Sep 2015
anime only watcher here. and i have to say im really feeling this anime is not as good as people asume it to be..

we are in episode 9 now and only 4 episodes left
last week they showed a glimpse of the villians hanging in the bar and of course i automatically think this weeks episode will focus on it more.but NO
they ended it the same way as last week and showed like 10seconds of villians
its starting to feel like medaka box if u ever watched it before

the REAL FIGHT only begins near the end of the season 1 ...and continues in season 2 ...if they dont make season 2 for boku no hero soon enough
i think it will become forgotten pretty quick

sorry to say but the first 20minutes of this episode was pretty much pointless imo lol.
May 29, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2011
ikato_kiyazaki said:
anime only watcher here. and i have to say im really feeling this anime is not as good as people asume it to be..

last week they showed a glimpse of the villians hanging in the bar and of course i automatically think this weeks episode will focus on it more.but NO

the REAL FIGHT only begins near the end of the season 1 ...and continues in season 2 ...if they dont make season 2 for boku no hero soon enough

sorry to say but the first 20minutes of this episode was pretty much pointless imo lol.

took you long enough to realize that this is just another generic shounen shit
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 29, 2016 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
ikato_kiyazaki said:

What the hell are you talking about?
Anime only here but I know they are going to end this arc this season. Why would they leave it unfinished?
And imo it's an awesome anime so far.
May 29, 2016 4:57 AM

Jan 2016
this episode wasn't as good as the others but was still pretty good. next week looks really great though.
May 29, 2016 4:59 AM
Sep 2015
new naruto ? new one punch man? get the F outta here
May 29, 2016 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
Tokoya said:
Considering where the anime is going to end, I think it's safe to say that we'll be getting 2 chapters for the remaining episodes

Congrats to President Ida and VP Momo....Nice moments from Aizawa, All Might and the class interactions on the bus was great lol

Next episode ia going to be CRAZY though now that Shigaraki and co are here to mess up things

Yeah, I just rechecked the manga chapters and I really hope the anime will end at chapter 22

May 29, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2008
I liked the episode. Deku was class representative for a short while and there was much foreshadowing going on. Finally the USJ arc started.
May 29, 2016 5:20 AM

Apr 2016
ikato_kiyazaki said:

Manga reader here,
Not sure where you're getting the idea that this arc won't be finished this season, because it will. With only 4 episodes left there is only one good stopping point, and that's the end of this arc.
May 29, 2016 5:22 AM

Aug 2014
Lida for class rep! Makes more sense for him to be it anyway. That ending is quite interesting, newbies vs villains it is!
May 29, 2016 5:29 AM

Apr 2016
Loved the interactions between Midoriya and Tsu.
May 29, 2016 5:29 AM

Oct 2015
Some shots of the characters were drawn so awkwardly. The animation was good, the drawings were just so cheap. From the looks of it though the next episode will be drawn and animated superbly which is to be expected since the fights will be coming. I guess they had the more talented animators work on those episodes.

I need confirmation of a new season. I really loved the tournament arc. That's where the characters really began to grow.
May 29, 2016 5:37 AM

Apr 2016
MoonStar9 said:
Some shots of the characters were drawn so awkwardly. The animation was good, the drawings were just so cheap. From the looks of it though the next episode will be drawn and animated superbly which is to be expected since the fights will be coming. I guess they had the more talented animators work on those episodes.

I need confirmation of a new season. I really loved the tournament arc. That's where the characters really began to grow.

Yea the art for some of the characters is kinda weird looking for a couple instances; I can only recall episode 4-5 having the drawings look this cheap, at least it's not consistent.
May 29, 2016 5:43 AM
Jul 2014
Next episode hype! I am gonna continue the story with manga after the anime is done.
May 29, 2016 6:14 AM

Aug 2015
Imo the most boring episode. Hope this was just a build up of something more epic than ever.
Chicken is love, chicken is life ~ ♥
May 29, 2016 6:17 AM
Jul 2014
Just a correction, ir is Iida (with i), no Lida (with L). I've seen a lot of people writing ir with L, so I thought this little disclaimer was necessary
May 29, 2016 6:19 AM

Jun 2014
OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN NEXT EPISODE LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE INTENSE.

Also, all of the characters so far have been great. They are all so... realistic
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 29, 2016 6:38 AM

Apr 2016
The episode was ok, I would say that they might be running out of money or trying to save some for later episodes by seeing some toei level animation... okay not that low but it reminded me of toei animation. Unfortunately the level of detail on that particular villain was not what I expected.
comparison:

Furthermore, I feel like bones might be making MHA too colorful, bright and positive. really hope they do not mess up this arc. It might make the anime loose some of its sense of danger comparing to the manga.

Side Note: The next episode looks like it will be animated pretty well judging by the preview.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 6:51 AM
Oct 2013
Kenna_Pyralis said:
The episode was ok, I would say that they might be running out of money or trying to save some for later episodes by seeing some toei level animation... okay not that low but it reminded me of toei animation. Unfortunately the level of detail on that particular villain was not what I expected.
comparison:

Furthermore, I feel like bones might be making MHA too colorful, bright and positive. really hope they do not mess up this arc. It might make the anime loose some of its sense of danger comparing to the manga.

Side Note: The next episode looks like it will be animated pretty well judging by the preview.
From what I understand, the reason behind the lack of detail might be because it makes it harder to animate, or at least a lot longer. It why you don't tend to see as much detail in anime compared to the source material.
May 29, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
Norjack2 said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:
comparison:

From what I understand, the reason behind the lack of detail might be because it makes it harder to animate, or at least a lot longer. It why you don't tend to see as much detail in anime compared to the source material.

While the lack of detail is quite sad due to the impact this panel had in the manga, I understand why it was like this. To be fair to the animators, animating Shigaraki normally, with all of those hands on his body, must be hard enough.
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 29, 2016 6:57 AM
Jan 2014
Norjack2 said:
Kenna_Pyralis said:
comparison:

Kenna_Pyralis said:
comparison:

I never expected it to be anything close to the manga anyway. It's just too detailed.
May 29, 2016 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
Lol Iida is perfect for being the class rep, especially with him being such a stickler for following the rules.

(and because of the megane)

Awesome ep as per usual. And I agree with All Might, Deku really shouldn't have told Kacchan. But that just makes me think...if all one needs to do to get the powers is consume a part of him (supposedly his hair) that's really unsafe...I was originally under the impression that All Might (or the current power holder) needs to also give his consent but now that I think of it, that doesnt really seem to matter. Oh shit.

Also that reporter. So annoying. "You could at least give us one statement" um hello. The kids (especially Iida) gave comments. Iida's was even good. But nooo unless it's something YOU want to hear like gossip and shit it's not good enough. Way for the media to spin shit. Aizawa-sensei has got it all right. A villain should crush her annoying ass.
May 29, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 2015
So... How does that guy eat? He's obviously covering his own nose, so nasogastric intubation is a no-go.

Actually, how does he BREATHE?!
May 29, 2016 7:02 AM
Apr 2015
they should really increase the pace. It feels really slow, again. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the student interactions, esp. Emergency Exit Iida XD
May 29, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
Thirteen was awesome with that speech, and the music with it made the whole scene beautiful. It did indeed fill a bit slow, but I guess that was because of whats to come next.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

272 by SarahxLevi »»
Yesterday, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

359 by SarahxLevi »»
Yesterday, 8:07 PM

» what's up with the rating?

Tormented - Jun 9

11 by Phloup »»
Jun 9, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

441 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 7, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

336 by ToTheGyz »»
Jun 6, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.