Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 27, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode overall and the fight scenes and teamwork.

We get Akame doing her finishing blow at the end there like I expected AkG style. Comedy still felt a bit awkward though but I think I can deal with that.

Stark700Jul 27, 2014 8:48 AM
Jul 27, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
Best episode yet, though that's not saying much.
First half suffered from bloated exposition dumps, but things really picked up in the later half. It actually seemed like there was a budget. Plus, there was as little Mein as possible, so my ears remained intact.
The villain was cartoonishly evil as always, and suffered from the classic 'LET ME EXPLAIN WHAT MY ABILITY IS TO YOU RIGHT AS I'M ABOUT TO KILL YOU' cliche, but whatever.
Akame was pretty cool, and Kurome's illusion was done nicely. The battle was the best yet. I think the thing that I liked most about this episode was the lack of the offputting comedy and fanservice that completely ruined the mood and vibe in earlier episodes. This episode actually kept a theme and tone throughout the episode, so that's a step forward in the right direction.

Next episode looks like it'll feature Schere's backstory and her comforting Tatsumi.
I fear for the anime-only watchers for the episode after that...
Jul 27, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2014
Is it late or is it just me?
Well glad there's an episode today, but that pic spoiled me >_<

Let's hope it gets better! I sure hope there's some Bulat here, he's the best

Jul 27, 2014 9:24 AM

Aug 2013
Really liked the episode, wish we got to see more of night raid rather then just Akame but oh well.

Glad they finally got around to explaining the Imperial Arms.
My Candies:
Jul 27, 2014 9:28 AM

Jan 2012
I want Zank's third eye.

Though why couldn't he see through... Akame's undergarments?
Jul 27, 2014 9:29 AM
May 2014
jugann said:
I want Zank's third eye.

Though why couldn't he see through... Akame's undergarments?

Ahh, I bet you wanted to see her boosted boobs huh? Lil perv lmao. Actually I have no idea but it's better that way.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2012
I'm enjoying the show as mindless fun but can it get any more edgy? Also why are the people they are sent to kill so ridiculously over the top evil? Everything is ridiculously black and white and the antagonists are basically cartoon villains.
Jul 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
Better episode than the last one (probably due to the fact that it had way less of Mine), though I'm still not -that- impressed with the series. At least I'm looking forward to next week to some extent, since Schele is in the more interesting half of Night Raid for me.
Jul 27, 2014 9:36 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Akame seeing Kurome there in an illusion, but it didn't matter. I just had a thought that they could've taken Zank's Teigu after he was killed.
Jul 27, 2014 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Dat opening with Tatsumi and Aniki bare-chested "training"... I felt like I was watching Akame no Pico.

Good episode overall. Not the best and nothing new was really unveiled or developed. Just a bit more of Akame being Akame. However, it looks like things will get much more interesting in the next episode. Sheele + Zank's Imperial Arms eye thing ftw.
dankzelJul 27, 2014 10:04 AM
Jul 27, 2014 9:39 AM
Jan 2014
Great episode really. It was adapted faithfully. No fluffy/comedic moments or ground-breaking fanservice. Dat bromance though.

Is that Satoshi Tsuruoka I hear as Zank the Beheader? If it is, it really suited him, seeing as he is a homicidal maniac. Just like Caster from Fate/Zero.

Decent explanation of what the Teigus are and how they work. The atmosphere was also better than in previous episodes. OST and action were on par.

babymilo91 said:
I just had a thought that they could've taken Zank's Teigu after he was killed.
They did take it.
Jul 27, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2014
Loving Akame more and more, she's so badass. Her eyes when Zank did the illusion were filled with bloodlust, and hatred
Can't wait till next week.
Jul 27, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2010
Best episode so far. Loved the fight scene between Tatsumi and Akame vs. Zank. I liked how they gave a flashback for Akame when she saw Kurome's illusion. 5/5 for this week.
Jul 27, 2014 9:46 AM

Mar 2012
Shaniyaz said:
Nice knowing more about the Imperial Arms. So everyone in Night Raid possesses one. Cool!

Tatsumi put up a great fight against Zank, even without a special weapon. That swift attack was awesome, though he took quite the damage.

Akame's entry was epic, especially how she was highlighted with the red moon! Just epic!
To think that she won't even hesitate to swing her sword at her little sister, she's one cold assassin!

Loved that last strike she landed on Zank. Even with his Spected Eye, he couldn't avoid his fate. Nice finish, Akame!

Tatsumi getting a bit flustered after hearing Akame holds everyone precious to her at Night Raid, including him was pretty funny.

Amazing episode! I wonder why they didn't take Zank's Spected Eye; or did they? Cause it could be used for other things than battle too. :p

yeah I hope they took it, since the imperial guards weren't there anyway,
Jul 27, 2014 9:49 AM
Jan 2014
Feaor said:
I'm enjoying the show as mindless fun but can it get any more edgy? Also why are the people they are sent to kill so ridiculously over the top evil? Everything is ridiculously black and white and the antagonists are basically cartoon villains.
Well, because they pose a greater threat to the peace, which the Revolution army is seeking to deliver. Letting loose homicidal maniacs like Zank isn't very beneficial.

Shaniyaz said:
I wonder why they didn't take Zank's Spected Eye; or did they? Cause it could be used for other things than battle too. :p

They did take it, altough the scene wasn't shown. I wouldn't imagine leaving something as precious as a Teigu, laying around on the streets of the capital.
Jul 27, 2014 9:54 AM

Dec 2011
Really nice fight. I enjoyed this more from the time I read this from the manga. Kurome's appearance too!

Their Imperial Arms (Teigu) is both like a cheat... but I guess Akame's sword is still really hax. Not that I have a problem since it is a double edged sword.

Also, it seems the stills on executing the final attack will be the de-facto standard for battles in AgK!

We are getting Sheele next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 27, 2014 9:58 AM
Mar 2014
Nice action this episode. Nice to see our main protag isn't completely OP ,nor is he a complete wuss. He's one of those happy medium characters that i'd like to see more of. Imperial Arms explanation was nice to have out of the way. Akame was badass as usual, though that little panty and bra all-seeing eye wasn't really necessary, but anime is anime there is no way to avoid the massive amount of fan service anime producers are putting out today. This series has exceeded my expectations so far, I just hope it stays that way.
Jul 27, 2014 10:03 AM
Mar 2012
Finally getting into the roll of things, less fan service, more action.
I loved how the episode is so accurate to the manga as well!
Jul 27, 2014 10:03 AM
Oct 2010
ynat1 said:

Akame was badass as usual, though that little panty and bra all-seeing eye wasn't really necessary, but anime is anime there is no way to avoid the massive amount of fan service anime producers are putting out today. This series has exceeded my expectations so far, I just hope it stays that way.

I think that was in the manga to as far as I remember, one of the few times they did fanservice in a "smart" way. It didn't take away from anything and he actually had a reason for looking.
Jul 27, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode It was really interesting hearing what weapons they used and what special attribute the weapons had. I wonder who Akame saw when she was under that illusion by Zank.
Jul 27, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2013
ResidentANM said:

babymilo91 said:
I just had a thought that they could've taken Zank's Teigu after he was killed.
They did take it.

Thinking about it, I do remember them taking it. Man my memory is bad lol.
Jul 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Aug 2010
Epic episode :D

BulatxTatsumi moments always have me lol'ing XD

The Teigu explanation was nice.

The fight was awesome. Zank's teigu is quite OP. And it can see through clothes too :O I want it XD

Seeing Tatsumi fight back to that extent was really cool. He's really BA considering how little experience he has ^^

Akame vs Zank was amazing. Loved how mercilessly she cut Kurome because she's her most loved person XD LIKE A BOSS!! Dat neck slice.

Nxt ep Sheele flags are raising left and right in the PV XD
Jul 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
That was quick. Training with Aniki.

Wonder when will Tatsumi get an Imperial arms(if he will get one. I don't read the manga)

Sheele episode next ep. Can't wait
Jul 27, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
Douglas24 said:
Great episode It was really interesting hearing what weapons they used and what special attribute the weapons had. I wonder who Akame saw when she was under that illusion by Zank.

babymilo91 said:
ResidentANM said:

They did take it.

Thinking about it, I do remember them taking it. Man my memory is bad lol.

That's totally understandable ^^. Following a lot of series, while remembering all the minor details can be hectic at times.

Mizeteo said:
Wonder when will Tatsumi get an Imperial arms(if he will get one. I don't read the manga)
ResidentJul 27, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 27, 2014 10:20 AM
Oct 2010
Barion-Zara said:

Seeing Tatsumi fight back to that extent was really cool. He's really BA considering how little experience he has ^^

Well to be fair, it's not so much that he lacks experience because he does have a fair amount of experience (although this does play a role in it) it's just that people are better than him.
Jul 27, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2013
ResidentANM said:
Douglas24 said:

Oh how I wished the show didn't take itself so seriously and Akame imagined a piece of meat in the illusion.
Jul 27, 2014 10:26 AM
Jan 2014
skudoops said:
Well to be fair, it's not so much that he lacks experience because he does have a fair amount of experience (although this does play a role in it) it's just that people are better than him.
Absolutely agree with you. The thing I like the most about AgK is that the protagonists aren't overpowered at all. Not the most original thing out there, but far better than having OP protagonists. Even the rest of Night Raid with their Teigus can face certain danger.

pakoko said:
Oh how I wished the show didn't take itself so seriously and Akame imagined a piece of meat in the illusion.
Lol. Akame's obsession with meat is priceless.
Jul 27, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode. Had some awesome action and good foreshadowing involving Kurome. 5/5
Jul 27, 2014 10:28 AM
Jul 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Nice knowing more about the Imperial Arms. So everyone in Night Raid possesses one. Cool!

Tatsumi put up a great fight against Zank, even without a special weapon. That swift attack was awesome, though he took quite the damage.

Akame's entry was epic, especially how she was highlighted with the red moon! Just epic!
To think that she won't even hesitate to swing her sword at her little sister, she's one cold assassin!

Loved that last strike she landed on Zank. Even with his Spected Eye, he couldn't avoid his fate. Nice finish, Akame!

Tatsumi getting a bit flustered after hearing Akame holds everyone precious to her at Night Raid, including him was pretty funny.

Amazing episode! I wonder why they didn't take Zank's Spected Eye; or did they? Cause it could be used for other things than battle too. :p
They DID take it. Even if you're not a manga reader you can see it in the next episode's sneak peak. =D
Jul 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Feaor said:
So Tatsumi will get one of those imperial arm things?
Jul 27, 2014 10:33 AM
Jan 2014
LonelyWizard said:
So Tatsumi will get one of those imperial arm things?

Jul 27, 2014 10:35 AM
Sep 2013
Very good episode. Tatsumi put up a good fight but Akame came in an owned. Wonder who the girl is that Akame saw her sister maybe owell I have a feeling we will know sooner or later well for those that don't read the manga like me. Seems we get a sheele episode next week.
Jul 27, 2014 10:37 AM

May 2014
Wow amazing episode.
The fight was amazing, and I king of sympathized with the creepy guy at the end, oh and is that Castor from F/Z? I love that VA

My favorite moment though is Bulat worrying about Tatsumi <3
I just can't, He's my favorite character in the series.

I also noticed how tense this episode was and I gotta say I enjoyed it even more then comedy + Serious randomness, although I loved the first 3 episodes as well but I enjoyed it better when it focused on one thing, hopefully they keep this up.

Looking forward to next week

Jul 27, 2014 10:41 AM
Oct 2010
Feaor said:

Because if they weren't ridiculously evil they wouldn't be marked for assassination, it's as simple as that. You ever notice that have a long ass story for each person they kill? The reason for that is that they don't just go and kill a person for one transgression, the amount of requests for that person as well as their own information that they gather determines whether they eliminate someone or not. So obviously most of the people they go far are absolute shit, but to be fair, that still doesn't excuse their characterization so you have a point, but I'm only answering the "why" part of your question.
Jul 27, 2014 10:44 AM
Jan 2014
Lost412151145 said:

it's because i loved her most

Awesome shot! Man, Akame looks great in that cold mood. Even Zank was surprised, that must mean something.

ZoroZoldyck said:
oh and is that Castor from F/Z? I love that VA

I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Jul 27, 2014 10:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
My body was not ready.....

This was fucking perfect...Best episode of the series thus far!!!

The explanation of the Teigu's was perfect and the explanation of everyone in Night Raid's Teigu was great (Although there will be more suprises in regards to their Teigu later on =P)

I'm also surprised to see that not much people commented on the part explaining how if two persons with Teigu's go into battle against each other, one of them WILL die, which was a concept that I loved once I read it in the manga and really changes the dynamic of the story and makes it a whole lot more interesting

Akame and Tatsumi's fight against Zank was even better than it was in the manga imo...This fight was on epic proportions and yet this fight doesn't even compare that much to the future ones that we're going to get

Great animation, great gore, loved the stills and OST yet again with their fantastic art and once again, we get a near perfect adaptation...White Fox, you guys are too OP

Next episode will be the episode that made me fall in love with Schere...My 5th fav character AND......SHE APPEARS IN THE NEXT EPISODE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!
TokoyaJul 27, 2014 10:43 PM
Jul 27, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode compared to the rest of them. Really liked the music this episode and the action was ok. Hope the rest of the episodes will be just as good or maybe... hopefully... even better. ;
Jul 27, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
My body was not ready.....

This was fucking perfect...Best episode of the series thus far!!!

The explanation of the Teigu's was perfect and the explanation of everyone in Night Raid's Teigu was great (Although there will be more suprises in regards to their Teigu later on =P)

I'm also surprised to see that not much people commented on the part explaining how if two persons with Teigu's go into battle against each other, one of them WILL die, which was a concept that I loved once I read it in the manga and really changes the dynamic of the story and makes it a whole lot more interesting

Akame and Tatsumi's fight against Zank was even better than it was in the manga imo...This fight was on epic proportions and yet this fight doesn't even compare that much to the future ones that we're going to get

Great animation, great gore, loved the stills and OST yet again with their fantastic art and once again, we get a near perfect adaptation...White Fox, you guys are too OP

Next episode will be the episode that made me fall in love with Schere...My 5th character AND......SHE APPEARS IN THE NEXT EPISODE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO?!

I'm getting hyped for the sake of getting hyped too :p

Jul 27, 2014 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
ResidentANM said:

pakoko said:

Lol. Akame's obsession with meat is priceless.

"It's because I loved meat the most, that I wanted to eat it as swiftly as possible."
Jul 27, 2014 11:00 AM
Jan 2014
ZoroZoldyck said:

WHO?! I'm getting hyped for the sake of getting hyped too :p

pakoko said:
"It's because I loved meat the most, that I wanted to eat it as swiftly as possible."
Great paraphrase. Also fits with your forum avatar, oink oink! xD
Jul 27, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Feaor said:

Because if they weren't ridiculously evil they wouldn't be marked for assassination, it's as simple as that. You ever notice that have a long ass story for each person they kill? The reason for that is that they don't just go and kill a person for one transgression, the amount of requests for that person as well as their own information that they gather determines whether they eliminate someone or not. So obviously most of the people they go far are absolute shit, but to be fair, that still doesn't excuse their characterization so you have a point, but I'm only answering the "why" part of your question.

I totally understand why they would be assassinating these people in the context of the show, my problem is the fact that they are so over the top evil to the point where they basically aren't human any more and this makes it really hard for me to take them seriously. Everything is just too black and white, resistance = good, empire aristocrats, government people, guards, etc. = Literally Hitler.
Jul 27, 2014 11:04 AM

Apr 2013
Akame is badass.
Jul 27, 2014 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
Feaor said:
skudoops said:

I totally understand why they would be assassinating these people in the context of the show, my problem is the fact that they are so over the top evil to the point where they basically aren't human any more and this makes it really hard for me to take them seriously. Everything is just too black and white, resistance = good, empire aristocrats, government people, guards, etc. = Literally Hitler.

Actually I have to disagree about Zank. Yes he was evil but he wasn't born evil as it were. He went crazy because the Prime Minister gave him so many people to execute that his mind broke and as we see during the fight he could hear the voices of the people he killed. So if anything the guy was a victim of the current empire only he became a monster as a consequence. Deep down he probably just wanted someone strong enough to kill him.
Jul 27, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 2014
Feaor said:

I see... So that's what you meant by black and white, the contrast. Well I think that was the theme that Takahiro (the author of the manga) was initially going for. Not that I can qoute that directly, but it's quite feasible.
Jul 27, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2013
Now that is what I'm talking about, fluid action scenes, and some bloodshed :D. Akame was pretty badass, and how she cares about her comrades from the Night Raid. Tatsumi is still getting there and he will be equal to the Night Raid's power.

Nice information for the Imperial Arm weapons, and I hope Tatsumi will get one too. Akame's sister looks like Ryuko combine with Senketsu from Kill La Kill, so I hope we get to see more information and appearance from her.

Wow Zack the Executioner was having trouble hearing people's voices, but Akame just saved him at the end.
omega_d94Jul 28, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 27, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2011
Quite nice episode. And that was some clever way of using fanservice lol
Jul 27, 2014 11:18 AM
May 2014
Easiest 5/5 so far, action was fucking great! Loved it, Zank's VA was awesome and his character design was cool. R.I.P poor bastard T-T you were a victim of the fucked up empire.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 27, 2014 11:20 AM
May 2011
Good episode. Im liking the characters so far. Probably my favorite series this season
Jul 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Feb 2014
Loved the episode! The music during the action was amazing!
Akame sure was badass. We learn about the weapons Night Raid uses, and I have to say, they are epic.
Jul 27, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Feaor said:

Zank I believe, aside from the little side targets that come occasionally, is the last target that you would say is like that (except maybe until Wild Hunt but that is much much later in the series). I think you'll be satisfied by the "villians" coming up in that it is more grey.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Yesterday, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

» Why does Akame ga Kill get so much hate? ( 1 2 )

MasterHavik - Jul 27, 2016

79 by ProdigyKing »»
Jul 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1371 by Elmocuh116252535 »»
Jul 15, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2014

906 by httplatte »»
Jul 8, 1:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.