Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Oct 30, 2013 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
anonimkun said:
JustLurking said:
Why would you watch a show that you obviously don't get just because of the hype? I really don't understand that.

Self imposed torture because lots of people are talking about it. Sounds clever to me.

With the popularity it gets, I'm expecting that this anime might turns out pretty awesome or something. And I'm patiently waiting for the awesome outcome. It's not self torturing, I'm just being lenient giving it a chance rather than judge it from the very start. Since my preference and early impression aren't the only things decide if an anime is good or not.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing. But comments like "I'm only gonna keep watching because of the hype otherwise I'd have already dropped it" don't really reflect patiently waiting. Impatient waiting perhaps...
Railroad switch
Oct 30, 2013 6:45 AM

Dec 2012
lazyboy0337 said:
You guys are all missing the point. Even if the animation was cheap it fits the zany style of the episode and didn't really distract from the entertainment. If you're nitpicking an action/comedy that uses a less modern animation style about it's animation then maybe this isn't for you.

That's the thing, there wasn't really any entertainment. All the animation did was make it ugly to look at whilst idiotic shit was happening. I felt like the random aspects were done really well in the first 3 eps. Here it really did just feel random though

Seems like this anime could potentially be plagued with consistency issues. I've seen that it can reach high highs with episode 3, but could also reach very low lows with this episode
Oct 30, 2013 8:53 AM
Jul 2013
Some have been wondering if they made episode 4 this way on purpose as a throwback to TTGL 4.

If so, genius.
Oct 30, 2013 1:39 PM
Oct 30, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2013
I enjoyed it, I like the show alot.
Oct 30, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2009
DarkCyclone said:
lazyboy0337 said:
You guys are all missing the point. Even if the animation was cheap it fits the zany style of the episode and didn't really distract from the entertainment. If you're nitpicking an action/comedy that uses a less modern animation style about it's animation then maybe this isn't for you.

That's the thing, there wasn't really any entertainment. All the animation did was make it ugly to look at whilst idiotic shit was happening. I felt like the random aspects were done really well in the first 3 eps. Here it really did just feel random though

Seems like this anime could potentially be plagued with consistency issues. I've seen that it can reach high highs with episode 3, but could also reach very low lows with this episode

Maybe for you there wasn't any entertainment value, but personally I was entertained almost the whole time just sitting in my chair witha huge grin on my face and laughing at all the craziness, it was entertaining enough that I actually watched the ep twice, and I hardly ever do that. And considering the comments and ratings most other users found it really entertaining too. Both ep 3 and 4 are my favorite episodes so far and I like them for completely different reasons. I love how this show can deliver in so many different ways.
Oct 30, 2013 5:54 PM

Dec 2012
Well I'm grateful that I can judge for myself if I liked something or not over following the popular opinion. Whether most people liked it means shit to me lol

You could definitely tell a lot less effort went into this episode's production in comparison to the first 3. The question is whether it'll benefit the series later on (less time spent on this means more time spent on others), I'm hopeful it will
Oct 30, 2013 6:09 PM

Jun 2011
I like this episode. Instead of clinging onto the hope that it would have a decent plot and serious atmosphere, the producer has decided on which path to take with the demonstration of this episode. Gonna just watch this for the craziness and lulz, and this show is not meant to be taken seriously, and I wish people would stop with the "AOTY" bullshits.
Shuhan said:
Has Trigger saved anime yet?

Lmao not even close.

This show will turn crap in the moment when they try to be serious
ToG25thBaamOct 30, 2013 6:12 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 30, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
DarkCyclone said:
Well I'm grateful that I can judge for myself if I liked something or not over following the popular opinion. Whether most people liked it means shit to me lol

You could definitely tell a lot less effort went into this episode's production in comparison to the first 3. The question is whether it'll benefit the series later on (less time spent on this means more time spent on others), I'm hopeful it will

Eh, it seemed to me that you were saying objectively that there was no entertainment value. Also I wouldn't say there was less effort put into this episode. What a lot of people don't understand is a huge amount of the work goes into pre production, as in planning out the scenes and coming up with the gags and stuff. Comedy isn't easy and I'm sure they had to go through plenty of revisions. So while the heavy duty animators are working on the more action oriented episodes, this episode was probably handled mostly by the comedy guys. It's a pretty great way of handling a show especially on a low budget, and I'd way rather have this, instead of a plot element that's dragged out for like 3 eps like what SnK did with that boulder part -_-
Oct 31, 2013 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
The part of the persecution with the RPGs was hilarious.

One of the best shows of fall season.
Oct 31, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2012
It's weird how every episode of this show that left me a bad impression gets good once rewatched.

I really liked the little bunnies on Ryuuko's pajamas. I didn't notice the first time, but it's like the ones on Kagura's (since yato means rabbit), a true sign of strepowa.
Nov 1, 2013 5:15 AM

Oct 2009
Fun episode but not as good as the others also we got to see Ryuuko's pantsu!
Nov 1, 2013 6:21 PM
Oct 2013
JustLurking said:
anonimkun said:
JustLurking said:
Why would you watch a show that you obviously don't get just because of the hype? I really don't understand that.

Self imposed torture because lots of people are talking about it. Sounds clever to me.

With the popularity it gets, I'm expecting that this anime might turns out pretty awesome or something. And I'm patiently waiting for the awesome outcome. It's not self torturing, I'm just being lenient giving it a chance rather than judge it from the very start. Since my preference and early impression aren't the only things decide if an anime is good or not.

What's wrong with that?

Nothing. But comments like "I'm only gonna keep watching because of the hype otherwise I'd have already dropped it" don't really reflect patiently waiting. Impatient waiting perhaps...

Maybe it's just you being defensive. -__-
Nov 2, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
That looked like fun. I wanted more with glasses girl but it looks like that won't happen.
Nov 2, 2013 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
anonimkun said:
JustLurking said:
anonimkun said:
JustLurking said:

What's wrong with that?

Maybe it's just you being defensive. -__-

pa·tience [pey-shuhns]
noun
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

It would also help if I actually defended anything.
Railroad switch
Nov 2, 2013 12:20 PM

Oct 2011
Anyone know the song at about 14:02 ? :3
Nov 3, 2013 9:28 AM

Feb 2008
Another great Kill la Kill episode. Funniest show I've seen in the past seasons. Hope it keeps up the good work.

You can easily notice to low budget, but it's the great art direction that helps Kill la Kill look great even with a shit budget. Like, all low budget bits were turned into hilarious scenes, like this:

http://www.abload.de/img/underwaterkilllakill-6duj8.jpg

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 3, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
The art seems worst to me, compared to other episodes of this anime. e^e I like the style, but in this ep. it was just.. unproportional. :S
no
Nov 4, 2013 4:41 AM

Feb 2012
Made me FP pretty hard, dropped
Nov 6, 2013 5:26 PM

Mar 2013
Holy shit this anime is fantastic!
Nov 8, 2013 11:14 PM

Sep 2013
MORTAL INSULT
Nov 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
Fun episode. I actually lol'd at the glasses girl's big sacrificial suicide speech, only to activate a parachute as soon as she jumped off. "Just kidding!"
Nov 9, 2013 2:06 PM

Jan 2010
wow
just like how i get to school everyday
Nov 12, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2011
This ep was just... amazing! What a pure rush. Never really seen anything like this so far and I was in stitches all the way. Brilliant yet again.
Nov 13, 2013 9:48 PM
Mar 2009
Wow. This show is seriously what the fuck. Like, WHAT THE FUCK was that?!

A ridiculous obstacle course just to get to school? LOLWUT. How did any of the other No Stars even make it if Ryuuko had to wear Senketsu to finish it.

This show is so ridiculous but in a good way.

Mako is so dumb, but innocent and naive. And Ryuuko is slowly becoming one of my favorite heroines of all time.
Nov 17, 2013 4:04 AM

Jan 2013
Haha, great ep
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 29, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
The insanity of this show just keeps on coming!

I loved the scenes where Mako's family kept getting nosebleeds after seeing Ryuko's underwear, especially when Guts ended up taking Senketsu! Not to mention Senketsu getting ironed near the start. XD Only real drawback is that it seemed like there was a lot of shouting in this episode, especially from Ira, hopefully it's toned down a bit in future episodes.

I shall cautiously bump this animé up to 8/10, with any luck it should keep up this calibre. :)
"Get chance and luck!"
Dec 12, 2013 1:36 AM

Dec 2012
this feels much more like Inferno Cop than Little Witch Academia. I mean that in the worst way.
Dec 20, 2013 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
Meh episode, was filler kinda.
Dec 27, 2013 3:28 AM

Jun 2008
Even more horrible artwork and so stupid you can't even enjoy. This episode in a nutshell. Worst episode until now.
Jan 3, 2014 10:35 PM

May 2011
Got to say this episode was insane and crazy, but I didn't really enjoy the filler. Felt too repetitive, silly, and annoying :\
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
Oh my gosh, GREAT episode! I really liked this one more than any other so far I think XD This episode was just so hilarious ... without fights either! XD
So I definitely thought the "big day" was going to be where if the no stars defeated someone with a star uniform they'd be able to get it ... BUT NOPE XD So they have to go through an obstacle course in order to get to school on time? That's really ... an interesting scenario o_O Pretty funny how Mako's dad/brother/dog all "die in battle" trying to get Ryuuko her uniform ... ahahaha XD
I suspected Maiko was playing them all along ... and I was right :P So she wants to become the new president huh? Too bad that didn't quite work out for her XD The good thing is ... Mako and Ryuuko make it to homeroom on time! With quite a lot of others, actually ... how do they manage it?! ;O
I think this episode really made me like Mako more. She's really hilarious XD
Jan 4, 2014 11:22 PM

May 2013
This episode was very funny and ridiculous. I am liking this show so far.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jan 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
Lol man-to-man then man-to-dog looool
Jan 31, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
blazehero said:
Meh episode, was filler kinda.

I don't like people like you... Even if it was a filler-type of an episode, it was good. I think your hate for fillers come from Naruto, and that's understandable. Those fillers are almost always bad and can almost ruin the show itself (note: Naruto got a new "first friend" in one of the filler eps. This is an asspull to make us feel something while saying F YOU to the whole Sasuke-Naruto relationship.)
Feb 17, 2014 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
Totally ridiculous, but very funny at times.

I don't often laugh at 'anime humor' but that part where Maiko seemingly makes her grand sacrifice to succeed in her ideals with epic music in the background only to suddenly go 'Just kidding' with an awkward 5 seconds of silence had me laughing my butt off.
Feb 21, 2014 2:22 AM

Oct 2013
sorted, dat troll cardboard school
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 22, 2014 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
dear lord this is probably the craziest ep i've seen in a while xD
thank god she made it to class on time bahaha
Feb 25, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Skimming through the responses in this thread, it's interesting to see how polarized a lot of these comments are. But, I guess any show that is this hyped and this deranged is bound to be that way.

Anyway, you can put me firmly in the "enjoyed this episode" camp. Mako is such a ridiculously outrageous character; and I love it. She seems like she would be perfectly at home in a show like Teekyuu.
Mar 2, 2014 11:31 PM

Dec 2008
I am loving this anime so far, simply because of the comedy and animation. This was another funny, wtf, enjoyable episode. Couldn't stop laughing.
Mar 7, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2010
the first part of the episode made me dead of laughing XD
Mar 29, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2012
Shimapan saiko! Really what a great episode xD great action, comedy and just ean awesome ending!
Mar 30, 2014 1:02 PM

May 2013
Lol. Even guts got nosebleed when he saw ryuko's pantsu. It's a good thing that they've arrived on time
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 8, 2014 4:52 PM

Aug 2008
That did I just watch.....what LOL
May 19, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2011
LOL I thought I was the only one who thought this reminded me a little bit more of Inferno Cop, rather than Tengen Lagann. xD

Overall, a very hectic episode. Never have I seen getting to a classroom so crazy! LOL
May 31, 2014 4:00 AM
May 2012
Wow, that was fun!!!
Stripe pantsu :3
Jun 28, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2012
Mako and her family are hilarious... I almost died when she was imitating Matoi's Godrobe and basically flashed haha.
君と僕の間によこたわる空
Jul 7, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2011
super funny epi ahah
Jul 13, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
That way to make students punctual, just, WOW! And what is with every single bullet missing Mako???

Best attendance. Ever.
[spoiler]
Jul 19, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2010
Worst episode by far.Over the top,silly,comedic episodes like this aren't for me.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.