Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 4, 2013 11:19 AM

Jun 2012
Jagd84 said:
The static effect is how familiar or spiritual manifest and what happens to them when they are under heavy strain to maintain their form. There is nothing particularity special about it. It happened briefly back in episode 4 when Kon got smack by Harutora for threatening people. Hokuto had same effect when she was fatally damaged back in ep 2. The Nue their were fighting isn't a Ogre. It was never call one, just a powerful mindless folklore monster as you said. The only ogres to appear so far in this series are Kakugyouki (the one armed man) and Touji (who only became half after being affected by a spiritual disaster).

As far familiars go show has implied there essentially two types, man-mades like mech spider in episode 1, the motorcycle and Hokuto (the girl) and more stronger organic types like spirit beasts such as Kon, Hokuto and Kyouko's two armored knights. that's all you really need to know without getting too heavily into it.

Harutora and didn't literally become Natsume's Shikigami either, in this case of formal custom of Tsuchimikado family establish a master and servant/bodyguard relationship between a main family and branch family member. Touji said this back in episode 1.

The rest of LN's exposition is on the official site.
I see now, that you're right about that being a different kind of nue. Apparently it's a chimaira, which I guess should've been somewhat obvious looking at it. I think I just got confused by the way they introduced "the Ogre-Eater" at the same time it attacked in episode 7.

Though, I could be misunderstanding somewhere, but I'm not sure about him only being her familiar in name. I see where Touji says it's an old tradition of theirs, but I'm pretty sure it's more than just formalities... otherwise he wouldn't get the ability to see spirits (i.e gaining spirit sight), also everywhere I read it refers to him as such.

Also, I get that there are various types of familiars, I just don't know how they work. For instance, are they living things before they become familiars, or were they created as familiars? My complaint has nothing to do with the light novels... I have no doubts that much more is explained in the light novels. But this anime is standalone and I shouldn't have to look anything up in the light novels to understand it. All I'm saying is there is a lot of things that feels like there should be at least some explanation, rather than assuming I've read the light novels or that I'm an experienced onmyouji.
Dec 4, 2013 12:57 PM
Jul 2013
Harutora and Touji, a very good friendship.
Dec 4, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
HalibelTheEspada said:

Though, I could be misunderstanding somewhere, but I'm not sure about him only being her familiar in name. I see where Touji says it's an old tradition of theirs, but I'm pretty sure it's more than just formalities... otherwise he wouldn't get the ability to see spirits (i.e gaining spirit sight), also everywhere I read it refers to him as such.

Ah I'm sorry. I didn't mean it had no effect since it awakened Harutora's Spirit Sight, but I mean it turn him into anything. It's more of a symbolic status thing in case of Tsuchimikados.

Also, I get that there are various types of familiars, I just don't know how they work. For instance, are they living things before they become familiars, or were they created as familiars? My complaint has nothing to do with the light novels... I have no doubts that much more is explained in the light novels. But this anime is standalone and I shouldn't have to look anything up in the light novels to understand it. All I'm saying is there is a lot of things that feels like there should be at least some explanation, rather than assuming I've read the light novels or that I'm an experienced onmyouji.

Basically it goes like this:

Man-made=Anything created from an object like paper or metal etc. Suzuka shows this by creating mech spider out of a truck in ep 2.
Servant Type=Any spirit being that's contracted or enslaved with like Kon that have their own will.

And I of agree that would have been nicer if some more of explanations would made into the anime, but since studio is doing all 9 volumes of LN in 24 episode that just really isn't feasible. Rather than cutting out the supplementary videos are probably next best thing. I you can still enjoy the show with basic/minimal knowledge of how everything works. There also source readers like myself who explain any your not sure about too. :)
Dec 4, 2013 1:27 PM

Jul 2009
ok seriously those raven/tengu things are soo bloody cute

lol at Kon getting flicked but god does this mean she's weak. She needs to get her shit together.

YATTA MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER CAME BACK AND IS WITH MY OTHER FAV CHARACTER (2nd fav?) I LOVE YOU YUKIKAZE YOU'RE ONE SEXY HORSE/PEGASUS!

Gotta love Touji and Yukikaze :3
Dec 4, 2013 4:11 PM

Nov 2012
Dat boob grab.Didn't know Natsume's boobs were that big.

Ootomo's chat with Kagami was interesting.He seems so threatening.

Old man was creepy at the end there.
Dec 4, 2013 4:33 PM

Apr 2012
Mikenzb said:
I just love seeing Kon trying so hard.
Good episode.

Oh man, the things I'd do to have Kon as my familiar...
Dec 4, 2013 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
great fights, loved that bro moment now i want some romance <3
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Dec 4, 2013 9:20 PM

Dec 2011
I love the animation. Just spectacular. Beating the spirits... feels good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2013 9:33 PM
Sep 2013
Who the f*ck is Suzuka?
Dec 4, 2013 10:59 PM

Aug 2013
Dat groping... her breast suddenly got even larger hahahaha.

Natsume's so kind, she let's baka-tora have a moment of bliss.
Dec 4, 2013 11:24 PM

Mar 2013
lol, Poor Kon
hahahah XD
Dec 5, 2013 1:59 AM

Oct 2013
airbornejaws said:
Who the f*ck is Suzuka?

That blonde gothic-loli Divine General girl, she kissed Harutora in the first episode. She is Suzuka.
Jagd84 said:

Basically it goes like this:

Man-made=Anything created from an object like paper or metal etc. Suzuka shows this by creating mech spider out of a truck in ep 2.
Servant Type=Any spirit being that's contracted or enslaved with like Kon that have their own will.

I thought Yakou created those man-made Shikigami for the military during the war.

Also if that Mech-spider Tsuchigumo was Man-made then I'm assuming that her Humanoid Shikigami Asura is also a Man-made type right?
NuviDec 5, 2013 2:02 AM
Dec 5, 2013 6:35 AM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:

I thought Yakou created those man-made Shikigami for the military during the war.

Also if that Mech-spider Tsuchigumo was Man-made then I'm assuming that her Humanoid Shikigami Asura is also a Man-made type right?

I'm talking about types of Shikigami in general, but yes Tschigumo was one specific combat types he made during WWII. You are correct on Asura too, though that one is high class combat model that belonged to the Onmyo Agnecy, that's how Touji recognized it. Simple Shikigami (those black things that have a humanoid shape) that Natsume was using to help move into the dorm at the end of ep 5 is another example.
Dec 5, 2013 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
The intersection where Baka-tora, Natsume and Touji fought and finished off the demon is the intersection of Aoyama Doori and Omotesando. It is precisely as I remember the place (in real life it looks something like this: http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/64589353.jpg ) Again like the episode when they went to hotel in Shibuya I could recognize the location straight from the landscape. This means the monster finally did make it to Aoyama Doori even though they said it should not be allowed to reach that road.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Dec 5, 2013 9:08 AM

Mar 2010
I thought they said to stop it from reaching the residential area wasn't blocked off yet. The Nue might have just barely made to outskirts.
Dec 5, 2013 9:33 AM

Oct 2013
Jagd84 said:

I'm talking about types of Shikigami in general, but yes Tschigumo was one specific combat types he made during WWII. You are correct on Asura too, though that one is high class combat model that belonged to the Onmyo Agnecy, that's how Touji recognized it. Simple Shikigami (those black things that have a humanoid shape) that Natsume was using to help move into the dorm at the end of ep 5 is another example.

Ah i see sorry about that, now i remember Touji did mention about Asura in Ep 1.

Looks like Yakou was really famous for his works. No wonder he made Onmyo Agency such powerful body after the war. Even that Yakou disciple mentions it in Ep 5 that Yakou has many followers in the Onmyo Agency too.

Do you have any idea that the anime will cover Yakou's story too? So far we haven't seen anything about Yakou and I really hope the anime should cover his sidestory too.
Dec 5, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2012
Nuvi said:
Ah i see sorry about that, now i remember Touji did mention about Asura in Ep 1.

Looks like Yakou was really famous for his works. No wonder he made Onmyo Agency such powerful body after the war. Even that Yakou disciple mentions it in Ep 5 that Yakou has many followers in the Onmyo Agency too.

Do you have any idea that the anime will cover Yakou's story too? So far we haven't seen anything about Yakou and I really hope the anime should cover his sidestory too.

Oh don't worry about that. Well get to his story soon enough. Now as for whether the anime will cover it or not I'm not too sure but if it continues at this pace and since it's a two cour season I, at least, think that it'll reach the point in the novel when Yakou (minor spoiler here) again becomes a major player or at least part of it. But if it does reach up to the conclusion of that arc then this series will either end in a cliffhanger or an anime original like, say, Chrome Shelled Regios. An anime original end would also lower the chances for a new season or they make a season drastically different from the novels (like Zero no Tsukaima).

But yeah. Yakou is powerful and influential. But he's not exactly proud of what he's done back during WW II.
swordstriker21Dec 5, 2013 7:19 PM
Dec 5, 2013 10:23 PM

Nov 2012
damn touji almost can controlling his ogre power.. damn cool!! XD
and.. btw.. who is that old man.. he has an interesting power.. another cool oldman! XD
Dec 6, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
Interesting episode, also liked the new (or so I think it is) OST that was playing while they were chasing the Nue on the motorcycle.
Dec 6, 2013 2:40 PM

May 2011
Awesome episode, so much happened.

The exchange between Jin and Kagami was interesting. Jin sure is a mysterious guy, hope we get to learn more about him. The old man, Doman, was interesting as well. At first I thought he was just some old man, but it looks like he was some interesting powers.

And it looks like that bodyguard in the end is behind everything.

I love how this show has so many obscure and mysterious things going on. Makes it intriguing to watch.
PreciizeDec 6, 2013 2:49 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 7:18 PM

May 2010
Awesome motorbike. Wait Natsume, how can you fool others when you are...

Haha, the ogre sent Kon flying away xD
Dec 7, 2013 4:51 AM

Aug 2013
Good episode , where are you touching baka !
Dat ending with natsume face o.o

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 7, 2013 9:03 AM

Jan 2011
Natsume doesn't even have "those", so he wasn't touching anything.
Hue.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 8, 2013 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Oh my God! The series resumes. * _ *
After a decline almost unstoppable in favor, resumed the ascent in "Bag", at least on my part! XD
  The plot with these latest moves has taken appeal and narrative proves interesting after the recent dialogues. Now the arch of Touji is finally closed! ^ ^ "
At least it qunto I suppose reading the title of the next episode! LOL
Designs that reflect momentum, also good animations from perte of 8bit! Indeed I should apologize to them for the wrong judgment given in the previous installments! The Mercedes is not walking on their "legs" has no way to move the wheels, that's the reason why I was a little weirded out in the previous installments! ^ ^ "
Not bad evolution in interpersonal relationships that exist among these multiple personalities! : D

Shangetsu said:
Now if Natsume got boobs big enough to be gropped in such way, how the fuck can she fool the others saying she's a man.

In a sense, there could also be, as women are able to disguise a pregnancy, it can also happen that a woman be allowed to pass for a man, I do not know if Natsume uses a bandage and if so, at that precise moment, it can also have done but if you do not have a chest so abundant, we say! So, not being as flat as a table there may also be that Bakatora managed to "catch" her breasts! There are so many ways to interpret what we have seen! ^ ^ "
Dec 8, 2013 6:34 AM

Jul 2008
Can't believe they made Kon look so weak this episode :P she got the flickers hahaha!!! :)
Dec 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Nuvi said:
Jagd84 said:

Trust me.

You will get plenty on Yakou since everything (and everyone to a degree) in this story revolves around him in someway. :)
Dec 9, 2013 2:18 PM
Sep 2013
Still a great episode, but how are all of them so dumb that they can't even realise Natsume is a girl?
The end is nigh

Dec 9, 2013 4:23 PM

Mar 2010
Jamie-sama said:
Still a great episode, but how are all of them so dumb that they can't even realise Natsume is a girl?

Because feminine boys exist.
Dec 9, 2013 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
Decent episode. Too many characters though
Dec 10, 2013 2:05 AM

Oct 2013
Jagd84 said:
Nuvi said:
Jagd84 said:

Trust me.

You will get plenty on Yakou since everything (and everyone to a degree) in this story revolves around him in someway. :)

I see, thanks. That hyped me up. His shikigami Kakugyouki is cool so i can't wait to see him in action.
Tbh they should give atleast a little more info on Yakou like the manga did but its fine anyway :)

Jagd84 said:
Jamie-sama said:

Because feminine boys exist.

And she talks like a boy in school. She sounds polite in the first 3 episodes and her way of talking changes from episode 4 onward to keep her disguise.
Dec 14, 2013 9:53 AM

Oct 2009
Kagami! Kagami! Kagami! Kagami! Kagami!
Dec 15, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2012
Kon is so cute when she blush.

Touji was awesome half-ogre, and there's a bromance happening.

Btw, who is that Ashiya Doman guy?

DannyREN said:
Kagami! Kagami! Kagami! Kagami! Kagami!

That was cute, I really like Kon's voice.
Dec 19, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2012
That was actually really good, looking forward to even more =D

Jan 9, 2014 10:29 AM

Oct 2012
Bike familiar WTF !!!, breast gropes ( yes ) is it me or Tenma is just there for his funny background faces ?. Kon get smashed so easily poor her XD.
Best part is when Othomo show up to stop Ogre-eater from doing anything rash and that old evil man also appear in a flying car, no battle scene with Zenjiro against Mutobe i'm kinda disappointed.
Feb 2, 2014 6:10 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, Touji is really fulfilling my hopes. And Sensei was so badass. Poor Kon. And of course, Kagami was so darn awesome.

Barion-Zara said:
Kagami and Ohtomo agreeing on Zenjiro was lol.
One of the best moments xD
Feb 20, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
Lol when Kon kept getting flicked away by that monster.
Mar 3, 2014 4:16 AM

Jun 2008
Even those big guys got creeped by the presence of the old man. How op is that guy?
Apr 8, 2014 9:01 AM

May 2013
Did just natsume boobs just got big? Lucky bakatora groping them for so long and didn't get slapped. Ohtomo sensei looks like a badass to, making kagami scared. That part when kagami and ohtomo sensei ridicule zenjiro is funny XD. Dat ogre touji's entrance looks cool + with that horse. Poor kon chan always flicked when attacking that nue. I wonder who is that guy at the end. Making ohtomo sensei, zenjirou, kagami and the rest of them nervous
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 11, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2012
Impressive episode, things sure are developing quite lovely!
May 24, 2014 11:49 PM

Mar 2014
Didn't know natsume's bust is big to grope like that..
Epic Spear on the nue!! Cool!!
Order's power!!
Fight scenes were great!!!
That Ending!!!
Jun 26, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
Bakatora got to touch natsume's breasts, though he didn't seem to even notice. Otherwise the fight scenes were pretty well done and lol at Kon getting flicked away.
Aug 9, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2014
Since when does Natsume have boobs? 8:51

Kon: I, descendent of Kuzunoha(who the fuck is this?)
Seriously, the moves and shit are cool, everything looks pretty epic, but they need to EXPLAIN things. Not just introduce a bunch of new people who we don't know anything about.

so, is it the staff that is strong(enchanted well) or is there some kind of unique resonation with Harutora? Please explain!!!!

Why did the Mutobe was it, guy suicide?
At least they explained Ootome sensei. HE was apparently a former General and he worked for some exorcism magic department as the head or something. Fucking beast!!!

Edit: They also gave the weird old geezer guy in the car's a name, Ayashi Douman.
_Dazzle_Aug 9, 2014 11:35 AM
Apr 12, 2015 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
So Touji is abe to control his ogre powers somewhat. Cool. That motorcycle became so much cooler when I found out it was a familiar.

Onto the next episode!
May 23, 2015 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
Dragon is listening to harutora completely.

Mar 1, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode. I didn't expect that the motorcycle is an familiar lol. I wanted to see the fight between Mutobe and Zenjirou.

Harutora and Touji super cool how they managed to beat together with Natsume the Ogre. Touji can control his ogre. Hopefully nothing will happen in the future.

Haha Natsume and Kon jealous on Harutoras and Toujis friendship :D

Omg Ootomo sensei is soooo fucking badass holy shit I love this guy. Even Kagami got scared.

I don't really understand who this Atsune guy is, but I hope we will find out within the next episodes.

Jan 29, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2015
That boob grope remained unmentioned in the end lol.
Jan 1, 2018 3:33 AM

Sep 2012
Harutora was so scared on the bike that he didn't know where to hold on from so hes holding on from Natsume breasts lol

well at leas they got some enjoyment out of it at least Natsume did (she is open book, it was written in her face) lol

& ofc poor Kon lol
VanishingKira said:
Dat boob grab.Didn't know Natsume's boobs were that big.

Ootomo's chat with Kagami was interesting.He seems so threatening.

Old man was creepy at the end there.
rraden said:
Dat groping... her breast suddenly got even larger hahahaha.

Natsume's so kind, she let's baka-tora have a moment of bliss.
Hinata said:
That boob grope remained unmentioned in the end lol.

yea i was like where she hides them if they are that big lol

Eijikita_Rukaede said:
Did just natsume boobs just got big? Lucky bakatora groping them for so long and didn't get slapped. Ohtomo sensei looks like a badass to, making kagami scared. That part when kagami and ohtomo sensei ridicule zenjiro is funny XD. Dat ogre touji's entrance looks cool + with that horse. Poor kon chan always flicked when attacking that nue. I wonder who is that guy at the end. Making ohtomo sensei, zenjirou, kagami and the rest of them nervous

the fact that she didn't slap him should tell u something (she liked it) lol
cause guys get kicked no matter is it a accident or not their fault or not unless they liked it lol
Sugram22Jan 1, 2018 3:53 AM
Jan 24, 2021 6:11 AM

Dec 2012
So.. How strongis Doman?

Oct 15, 10:47 AM

May 2020
That massive disrespect to Kon xD

Also, this episode kind of raises questions to the well being of characters in this series, or more like, can they even see properly or not? If Natsume has such jiggly stuff where you can properly feel them, how in the world this weird as fuck school still couldn't figure she is a "SHE" and not a "HE". Really though, anything for fanservice lol. Decent episode btw, and that old man might really be the main bad guy after this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

126 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 15, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2013

92 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 15, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

114 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 9, 11:43 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2013

125 by Softhenic03 »»
Oct 9, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2013

143 by Softhenic03 »»
Sep 30, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.