Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite shonen villain? Give reasons!

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 27, 2013 9:32 AM

May 2012
Sekai from school days. That was one manipulative evil bitch.
Apr 27, 2013 9:38 AM

Aug 2012
Ghostony said:
Light had a strong will, a very strong will. Just because you disagree with his killings doesn't make it a weak will.

Everyone, attention! New definition of strong will! The guy that is the biggest villain in story of anime and with the biggest will is going to show you how to have a strong will!

I hope all anime characters can be like that.
Apr 27, 2013 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:
Ghostony said:
Light had a strong will, a very strong will. Just because you disagree with his killings doesn't make it a weak will.

Everyone, attention! New definition of strong will! The guy that is the biggest villain in story of anime and with the biggest will is going to show you how to have a strong will!

I hope all anime characters can be like that.

I don't really get what you're trying to say. That he got emotional means he has a weak will? He never gave up on his goals.
GhostonyApr 27, 2013 9:48 AM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 27, 2013 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get why some you are trying to get in a serious argument against Lupadim that's not possible he is always right so there isn't much of an argument there.
Apr 27, 2013 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
I don't get why some you are trying to get in a serious argument against Lupadim that's not possible he is always right so there isn't much of an argument there.
Apr 27, 2013 10:25 AM

Aug 2012
After thinking a while: Yagami Light is not weak willed. He is NORMAL willed. But he is definitely not strong-willed and not even close to someone that is close to being close to being the best villain in anime history.
Apr 27, 2013 10:38 AM

Mar 2013
lupadim said:
After thinking a while: Yagami Light is not weak willed. He is NORMAL willed. But he is definitely not strong-willed and not even close to someone that is close to being close to being the best villain in anime history.

I think you should re-watch death note, he's far from weak willed or normal willed.
Apr 27, 2013 10:50 AM

Dec 2012
lupadim said:

A normal willed person would had thrown away the death note the moment he/she realized it was real.
Apr 27, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2010
Bradley (FMA: B!)
God Enel (One Piece)
Perfect Cell (DBZ)

Hasn't really been any other shounen villains I can think of that particularly impressed me, unless you consider Vegeta from DBZ as one.
Apr 27, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2012
IntervisioN said:
lupadim said:

A normal willed person would had thrown away the death note the moment he/she realized it was real.

No she wouldn't. Read in "Casual Discussion" section my topic about if killing is right. More than half said they would kill criminals if they had the perfect chance. Light was just one of them.
Apr 27, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect Cell - DBZ (he was a str8 up badass, and he was the first and only character I liked because of their cockyness)
or
Medusa - Soul Eater (another badass, I also loved her character design)
DaxterAttanoApr 27, 2013 11:15 AM
Apr 27, 2013 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
lupadim said:
IntervisioN said:
lupadim said:

No she wouldn't. Read in "Casual Discussion" section my topic about if killing is right. More than half said they would kill criminals if they had the perfect chance. Light was just one of them.

What do you think "will" means? It has nothing to do with morals
Apr 27, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
Oh lupadim ... you ... :*

Apr 27, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2012
lupadim said:
What the fuck is "normal willed?" God damn, you're fucking stupid.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 27, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
lupadim said:

Anyone can say anything on the internet where they'll be anonymous. Besides, it's one thing to talk and entirely different thing to act. Most of those guys would piss themselves and go into major depression from the thought of having killed a person.
Apr 27, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2012
Ghostony said:

That isn't exactly the case either.
ShrabsterApr 27, 2013 12:57 PM

Apr 27, 2013 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
King Bradley, completely and utterly legendary. One of the best villains of all time.
Kid Buu purely due to how evil he is. Teleporting around destroying planets just to find 2 guys.
Always loved Frieza.
Always gotta say Aizen though he was a bit ruined with his butterfly transformation.
Hisoka is pretty awesome too. Just wants to fight, nothing more.
Akainu, I hate him but he's an awesomely good villain.
Apr 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
Damn, forgot all about Buu.. I like the fat one that turns everyone into chocolate
Apr 27, 2013 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Ghostony said:
Damn, forgot all about Buu.. I like the fat one that turns everyone into chocolate

Did you say Chocolate?
Apr 27, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
Neane1993 said:
Ghostony said:

Did you say Chocolate?
Apr 27, 2013 3:27 PM

Jun 2012
lupadim said:

Mate you are fucking retarded, just because people say they would kill criminals doesn't mean they actually could. Killing someone would be enough to send most people insane. Light has a strong will. But anyway i cba arguing with you, i doubt it's possible, especially when you see blackbeards story as "kill someone, run away, make crew, starts shooting people"
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
If I like a villain that kind of seems like the series is doing something wrong.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Aug 2012
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

Mate you are fucking retarded, just because people say they would kill criminals doesn't mean they actually could. Killing someone would be enough to send most people insane. Light has a strong will. But anyway i cba arguing with you, i doubt it's possible, especially when you see blackbeards story as "kill someone, run away, make crew, starts shooting people"

KIlling sends most people insane?HAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA You are living in the world of anime certainly, "fucking retarded"!
Apr 27, 2013 6:04 PM

Jun 2011
Kayaba Akihiko OH HELL NO.

I haven't really watched many shonen anime lately, but if I was put on the spot, I'd say that one guy from that one shonen... you know, the one that beats the protagonist and forces him to train and get stronger... that one.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Apr 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Dec 2011
lupadim said:

I don't care if its Sainen or not. Actually, I am always getting confused about what is shounen and what is not. Er. If Death Note is not Sainen, why would Monster be? They have almost the same style.

Doesn't really matter what the fuck you care about, this thread has set its' rules so follow them fool.

lupadim said:

Disagreed, Blackbeard is a great villain and really fits in to One Piece. And his power is clearly imbalanced. You honestly think flying can trump his power? Two posts displaying complete idiocy in one page, good job.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2011
You know, I think we should also discuss who our least favorite shonen villain is in this thread as well. So, how about it jimbob1141? Could you add that to the opening post and the title (or ask a mod for that)? I'll start:

I've already said who my most favorite shonen villain is (refer to page 8 if you want to know my reasoning), now for my least favorite. Uchiha Sasuke, if he counts. Now my reasons are spoilers, so don't blame me if you got spoiled.

Apr 27, 2013 10:52 PM

Jan 2013
Yujiro Hanma

Apr 27, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
yhunata said:
I've already said who my most favorite shonen villain is (refer to page 8 if you want to know my reasoning), now for my least favorite. Uchiha Sasuke, if he counts. Now my reasons are spoilers, so don't blame me if you got spoiled.

Agree. Even his fight was riddiculus. Most of his fight win only by ass-pull or better was by deus ex machina. The worst case is when he fight Deidara. If not for the fact that Naruto need rival by the excecutive producer he won't be made.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 27, 2013 11:11 PM

Apr 2013
Pain from Naruto, the dude was epic.
Apr 27, 2013 11:28 PM

Oct 2011
I can't really think of many right now, but I like Medusa from Soul Eater and Beatrice from Umineko (I only watched the anime yet and with that she is a villain for me right now)
Apr 28, 2013 3:17 AM

May 2012
Kruszer said:
If I like a villain that kind of seems like the series is doing something wrong.

o.O Why? I mean if the villains are lame or boring then I tend to lose interest in the show.

johnyjohny said:
No Griffith guys? okay i call it.

Came in to say that. The villains I like the best are the ones you get to know a decent amount and that actually have good reasons for being villains.

Pain from Naruto was a good one too but the ending to his arc was just rage inducing. Sometimes though it's fun to see bad guys that are just bad for the lulz like Frieza and Crocodile.

Although it's not shounen, an honorable mention is Makishima from Psycho-Pass. He is easily one of the best written villains I've seen in any anime.
Apr 28, 2013 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
gettogaara said:

johnyjohny said:

Came in to say that. The villains I like the best are the ones you get to know a decent amount and that actually have good reasons for being villains.

Again, Berserk is not a shounen. And, why would people think it is?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 28, 2013 4:15 AM

Jun 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Agree. Even his fight was riddiculus. Most of his fight win only by ass-pull or better was by deus ex machina. The worst case is when he fight Deidara. If not for the fact that Naruto need rival by the excecutive producer he won't be made.

That fight gave me cancer.

OT: Apparently Light counts, so him.
Apr 28, 2013 5:19 AM

May 2012
If they animate Thousand Years of Blood from Bleach then Juha Bach also but ill still say Cell because they are probably just going to use it for some OVA like Fairy Tail
Apr 28, 2013 6:49 AM

Aug 2012
C'mon guys, I think we all know who the best villain is:

Apr 28, 2013 8:08 AM

Aug 2012
Mine will always be Cell. He scared the crap of me as a kid, and I still think he's pretty creepy to this day.
Apr 28, 2013 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
JMac525 said:
Mine will always be Cell. He scared the crap of me as a kid, and I still think he's pretty creepy to this day.

I remember watching it as a kid, and Cell suddenly started sucking people with his tail. Man, I hated those episodes. They scared the crap out of me too. But as soon as he evolved, he became less frightening. Ah those days where most of the things were aired uncut or slightly edited.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 28, 2013 9:22 AM
Feb 2012
There are many villains I'd consider masterfully written but for now it's One Piece's Sakazuki (formerly known as Akainu). Ironically he's part of the supposedly good side (the marines) but due to his ruthless actions and absolute justice he's seen as a villain. He caused one of Whitebeard's allies to switch sides- if only temporary-, he killed his own subordinates due to them trying to run away in a war and ultimately, Ace died by his hands (quite literally so).
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 28, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2011
Well thought id post some proof as to why Bradley from FMA is the best

There the thread can be closed now. No ones gonna top this guy

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 28, 2013 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
GuiltyKing said:
There are many villains I'd consider masterfully written but for now it's One Piece's Sakazuki (formerly known as Akainu). Ironically he's part of the supposedly good side (the marines) but due to his ruthless actions and absolute justice he's seen as a villain.

Careful with the spoilers there, mate.
Apr 28, 2013 9:51 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

KIlling sends most people insane?HAAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA You are living in the world of anime certainly, "fucking retarded"!

It's not being "fucking retarded", Lupadim. It's something easily called "common sense". It takes guts to kill someone unless their morality was made to be otherwise.

Apr 28, 2013 11:21 AM

May 2012
insan3soldiern said:
gettogaara said:

johnyjohny said:

Again, Berserk is not a shounen. And, why would people think it is?

Ah you're right, it's seinen along with Psycho-Pass. My bad. I don't pay these categories too much attention and keep forgetting that the main thing that determines them is the audience it's made for.
gettogaaraApr 28, 2013 11:30 AM
Apr 28, 2013 12:23 PM

May 2012
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

It's not being "fucking retarded", Lupadim. It's something easily called "common sense". It takes guts to kill someone unless their morality was made to be otherwise.

Death Note is not based on real world, it's a world with magical notebooks and shinigami. about the same as Bleach then
Apr 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
k11chi said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

Death Note is not based on real world, it's a world with magical notebooks and shinigami. about the same as Bleach then

Well, both have characters that loves to yell that it was their plan to everything it happens, to character doing X to how the wind moves.

Apr 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Jan 2012
I used to love this guy back in the day,especially when his number was revealed

and also my Harribel xD
Apr 28, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2012
k11chi said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

This is by far the worst argument you could ever make in regards to anything related to characters. It is an author's job to create realistic and relate-able characters by development through trails and tribulations in the story in which they are presented, regardless of setting or plot.

That being said, Light's character was developed properly, because of the heavy toll that murder brings on a human's conscience. He went from eradicating criminals to killing police officers in pursuit of him and eventually his own allies. It showed how far he had descended into madness through consistently murdering others. It was like, "once you kill a man, you might as well kill a dozen. It's all the same thing."
HolybaptiserApr 28, 2013 12:53 PM
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
Holybaptiser said:
k11chi said:
012yArthur0 said:
lupadim said:
jimbob1141 said:
lupadim said:

This is by far the worst argument you could ever make in regards to anything related to characters. It is an author's job to create realistic and relate-able characters by development through trails and tribulations in the story in which they are presented, regardless of setting or plot.

That being said, Light's character was developed properly, because of the heavy toll that murder brings on a human's conscience. He went from eradicating criminals to killing police officers in pursuit of him and eventually his own allies. It showed how far he had descended into madness through consistently murdering others. It was like, "once you kill a man, you might as well kill a dozen. It's all the same thing."

Holy...I think he was being sarcastic.

But yeah, that's the thing.

Apr 28, 2013 1:42 PM

Apr 2009

Well, I guess I might as well pitch in too by saying I agree. Light is definitely strong willed, for all the reasons mentioned here. Lupadim, I don't really see how you don't think that he is not. He kills dozens of people and has no trouble dealing with any form of shame or regret, and that does take a strong will, no matter how you look at it.
But I don't really consider Light to be a villain to be honest, though he totally classifies as one. I see him more as the anti-hero of the show instead of a pure villain since the focus is mainly on him and he has some way of justifying himself. I do realize this does not mean he's not a villain, though.

But when it comes to great shounen villains I'd have to go with Hisoka and Chrollo from Hunter x Hunter. They have some actual character development going on for them, unlike a lot of other super cliche shounen villains. (And don't tell me those retarded Naruto flashbacks are character development for the villains...)

Apr 28, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Vikopaulum said:

Well, I guess I might as well pitch in too by saying I agree. Light is definitely strong willed, for all the reasons mentioned here. Lupadim, I don't really see how you don't think that he is not. He kills dozens of people and has no trouble dealing with any form of shame or regret, and that does take a strong will, no matter how you look at it.
But I don't really consider Light to be a villain to be honest, though he totally classifies as one. I see him more as the anti-hero of the show instead of a pure villain since the focus is mainly on him and he has some way of justifying himself. I do realize this does not mean he's not a villain, though.

But when it comes to great shounen villains I'd have to go with Hisoka and Chrollo from Hunter x Hunter. They have some actual character development going on for them, unlike a lot of other super cliche shounen villains. (And don't tell me those retarded Naruto flashbacks are character development for the villains...)

I would actually say that Light starts like an anti-hero, some few eps goes for an anti-villain, then goes batshit evil in the finales.

Apr 28, 2013 7:28 PM

Dec 2012
gettogaara said:
Kruszer said:

o.O Why? I mean if the villains are lame or boring then I tend to lose interest in the show.

Because most shows are designed with the intention of you, the viewer, sympathizing with the protagonist (good guy) and not liking the show's antagonist (villain). That's why their called the antagonist in the first place, because they're antagonizing and antagonize. Thus if the antagonist is not antagonizing or unlikable and you're not rooting against him/her or like them than the show is doing something wrong. Well either that or trying an unconventional storytelling method like say...Death Note does like flipping the two so the antagonist is the main character.

you're confusing your "like" which apparently means "good characterization" with my "like" which would mean "would I want this person as a friend?" I'm all for well written characters too, I just would not like them as people.
KruszerApr 28, 2013 7:46 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» You can defeat AI sympathizers with this simple fact

LenRea - 9 hours ago

19 by deg »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime regrets

JoeChip - Yesterday

27 by FullyCharged »»
14 minutes ago

» The Weeb Chart

Shizuna - Yesterday

39 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you consider yourself a weeb? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

73 by Serafos »»
23 minutes ago

» Why are streaming services' subs so crap compared to fansubs?

ImNotAnOtaku1 - 7 hours ago

16 by deg »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.