The name's JMac525, or Jacob if you'd like. I'm a fairly normal guy, and I'm from Indiana. I'm kind of an athletic nerd of sorts. I ran cross country and distance track for nine years through grade school into high school. I support my NCAA Basketball teams and NFL teams while being an avid gamer, particularly a classic gamer. I delved into the world at a young age with Toonami. I recall memories of watching Pokemon, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, and Dragon Ball Z amongst other shows with my cousins. Good memories. Once Toonami went down, so did my interest in anime. That is until last May...
Toonami came back, and Deadman Wonderland reeled me into the anime world and showed me how mature and dark anime could be. I had no idea. After finishing Deadman, I moved onto new show, after new show, and I have enjoyed my new hobby a lot. I use anime to relax after tough days at college watching from 0 episodes one day, to an average of 3 to 5 on another, or fifteen like the time I watched through Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Unlike most people here, I still prefer dubs to subs. I'm okay with subs, but they give me a headache after a while due to the fast reading. I met Chris Sabat, Monica Rial, and Cherami Leigh at a con recently, and it was one of the coolest moments I've had in a long time.
Anywho, I'm pretty easy-going normally, so if you want to talk anime with someone, see something in common you'd like to talk about, or just want to chat about something else shoot me a wall post or friend request. Just one request. Don't try and change my opinion on an anime. It's annoying. I'll respect your opinion if yo respect mine. If you really feel compelled to do this, take it to the pm's.
How I Rate My Shows:
Here is the rank of importance I use when giving an anime a score. (factors)
1. Overall Enjoyment/Entertainment Value
4. Pet Peeves/Annoyances Count
6. Everything Else (Individual episode scores, art style, etc.)
Anime Pet Peeves/Annoyances
1. Overused Catchphrases
2. Overuse of flashbacks, particularly in the middle of fights (this one especially)
3. Friendship as the main driving force.
4. Constantly re-used animaton
5. The inability to kill off characters to create more drama.
6. Protecting helpless child cliche.
7. Overuse of fanservice.
8. Glaring Tonal Shifts.
9. Dragging on a story arc for way too many episodes.
10. Abrupt endings that leave loose ends.
11. Bad filler.
12. Whiny, useless main characters.
13. The helpless female lead.
14. Bad puns. (some can be so bad they're good though...)
15. The same character ends up killing the final villain every story arc.
16. Dying before finishing final line cliche.
17. Lack of blood in needed situations.
18. Unfocused narrative.
19. Unfinished endings.
20. One-dimensional Characters.
Top 10 Anime:
1. Death Note
2. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Deadman Wonderland
4. Psycho Pass
6. Dragon Ball Z
8. Black Lagoon
9. Mirai Nikki
10. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
My Grading Scale
7. Very Good
1. You don't even want to know...