Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another amazing episode, that sticks with the show's running trend of cliffhangers.

The preview for next week doesn't look like things will turn out well for Hibito.
Jan 26, 2013 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
I... I don't know how to feel right now. I want to share Mutta's positivity, but since we can see exactly what kind of situation Hibito is in... T___T
Jan 26, 2013 8:43 PM

Jan 2010
NOT AGAIN!!! 3 Minutes left. This reminds me off DBZ before namek's explosion
Jan 26, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2008
TOO SHORT!
They should air 1 hour worth of Uchuu Kyoudai/week!

T__T I'll keep hope until the very end!
Jan 26, 2013 9:22 PM

May 2010
ahh its always over waay to soon :D
Jan 26, 2013 9:27 PM
Jun 2008
0......the preview show Hibito's oxygen has run out!!!
What a tense episode . Too bad I had to wait till next week again.
Jan 26, 2013 9:49 PM

Oct 2011
>-> This show is way yoo intence!My heart was nervous for them both!
Next week we will find out hibito's fate! :(
I am absolutly going to cry my eyes out!
Jan 26, 2013 10:02 PM

Jul 2010
T-T I can't take it!!! Please, Hibito, don't die! I'm begging you.... :'( Nooo the preview for the next episode looks horrible..... I really really don't want Hibito to die... But I don't know how he can be saved :( Uwaaaa.

Poor Mutta....

But I will keep hope. Uchuu Kyoudai is way too happy and optimistic for a death..
Or at least that is what I keep telling myself >_<"
Jan 26, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2011
I guess someone else noticed the tire tracks:

Jan 26, 2013 10:49 PM

Jun 2012
Damn these cliffhangers >.<
Jan 26, 2013 11:25 PM

May 2010
Hybridbloodszak said:
Damn these cliffhangers >.<
i know so many of em
Jan 27, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2008
HOLY CRAP NOOOOOOO HIBITO , they were so close , if only that guy listen to Mutta , there is still a chance though , hoping hoping

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 27, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2011
Oh my God, I just kept thinking 'Don't die Hibito, don't die!!!!'
Man, these cliffhangers are destroying me. Turns out that flash was Brian's little astronaut just like his brother has... Anyways... DON'T DIE HIBITO!!!!
RagixJan 27, 2013 12:45 AM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 27, 2013 12:32 AM

Mar 2010
Dammit that tension!! it's not fair AAAAAHHHHH... great episode, but this cliffhangers are killing me.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 27, 2013 1:18 AM
Jul 2012
any thoughts there's extra oxygen in that Brian tank?
Jan 27, 2013 1:50 AM

Sep 2010
According to the preview I don't think so.
These chapters have felt so short...
Jan 27, 2013 2:35 AM

Dec 2010
I really hope he dies...
Jan 27, 2013 3:04 AM

Oct 2007
Goomoonryong said:
I really hope he dies...

I really hope he doesn't
Jan 27, 2013 3:05 AM

Oct 2012
My heart can't all these cliffhangers. Does anyone know if Hibito make it or not?
Jan 27, 2013 3:12 AM

Nov 2011
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 27, 2013 3:42 AM

Mar 2012
jegaggin said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps Brian's main tank still has oxygen left. Does this mean it's not the end for Hibito??! But that preview... wahhh!!! If only they listened to Mutta!
Jan 27, 2013 3:45 AM

Jan 2013
He stepped on a death flag when he said "I’ve always wanted to do it even just for once… Taking a stroll on the moon." The recent manga chapter is also the the same the recent episode. OMG! I don't want Hibito to die. 死ぬな! 死ぬな! 死ぬな!

Please, someone... I want a spoiler

"I’ve always wanted to do it even just for once… taking a stroll on the moon."
Jan 27, 2013 4:09 AM
Nov 2008
lacieloki said:
He stepped on a death flag when he said "I’ve always wanted to do it even just for once… Taking a stroll on the moon." The recent manga chapter is also the the same the recent episode. OMG! I don't want Hibito to die. 死ぬな! 死ぬな! 死ぬな!

Please, someone... I want a spoiler

Are you sure you want it ?
Jan 27, 2013 4:10 AM

Oct 2012
Maybe his oxygen tank goes to 0, but they find out that he can still be saved? I don't know. Maybe the computer just malfunctioned and was miscalculating the level of oxygen left in his tank? Dang. R. I. P. (probably) Hibito. Episode 1-43.
Jan 27, 2013 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
_Legna_ said:
Are you sure you want it ?

Yes, I do. I welcome spoilers. I'm not allergic to it. If you know what will happen, you can send me a pm.

"I’ve always wanted to do it even just for once… taking a stroll on the moon."
Jan 27, 2013 4:35 AM
Jun 2008
aisora said:
jegaggin said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Perhaps Brian's main tank still has oxygen left. Does this mean it's not the end for Hibito??! But that preview... wahhh!!! If only they listened to Mutta!
The Brian's tank is the machine that produce oxygen for the space trip on the moon .
Jan 27, 2013 4:48 AM
Nov 2008
Danielcook said:
Maybe his oxygen tank goes to 0, but they find out that he can still be saved? I don't know. Maybe the computer just malfunctioned and was miscalculating the level of oxygen left in his tank? Dang. R. I. P. (probably) Hibito. Episode 1-43.

The preview decribes how it's not like this, once the oxygen tank is empty only the little left in the space suit remains.
So even if there was an error once they see that the oxygen density in the suit is dropping then you can be sure it's the end!
Jan 27, 2013 5:01 AM
Apr 2009
I don't understand why Hibito didn't use Gibson to go back to the place where they crashed, the way he used it to get out of the ravine. There's a chance he would have met Buddy halfway.
Jan 27, 2013 5:10 AM

Oct 2012
Herzwerk_rod said:
I don't understand why Hibito didn't use Gibson to go back to the place where they crashed, the way he used it to get out of the ravine. There's a chance he would have met Buddy halfway.

Because he used Gibson to protect Damian from the solar rays.
Jan 27, 2013 5:48 AM

Dec 2009
I bet they're hyping all this up so that he can get saved just in time before he suffocates. I just don't see Hibito dying after what I saw in the preview. They've done this kind of stuff in previous previews too.
Jan 27, 2013 6:58 AM

Aug 2008
noo hibito! please don't die !! DX
Jan 27, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2012
Now im sure this machine which produce axygen named Brioan-01 or something will come to rescue.

In know it's fiction but Hibito should drive on this buggy and try not to move as much as posible to save the oxygen. And what does he do? He run and then he went to take a walk. For a second there i thought he will make campfre as well Lol :D
Jan 27, 2013 8:27 AM
Oct 2012
Hibito u baka!!!! u cant die!!!! I started to tear a little bit when he was going for his -Walk-
Jan 27, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2011
Why did Hibito "took a walk" on the moon... Why didn't he use the vehicle to get closer to the location he fell
Don't die Hibito :"(
I really hope Brian will save him
Jan 27, 2013 8:45 AM

Apr 2012
Intereo said:
These are the tracks Gibson left on the way in.

Firixizu_Mint said:
Why did Hibito "took a walk" on the moon... Why didn't he use the vehicle to get closer to the location he fell
What do you mean, isn't Brian dead?

Anyhow, the tone gets more serious with each passing episode, I fear the worst. Unless there was an oxygen tank on Brian's grave, Hibito probably isn't going to make it. Hope he doesn't of course, but this preview... Go samurai boy!
EratiKJan 27, 2013 9:03 AM
Jan 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Jul 2011
EH? I thought... that was the toy. Because when they show the space station (I think) there was a little doll of Eddie, but no Brian...

But oh hell... If Hibito doesn't die, I'll be happy. If he does die, holy shit the show gets really serious...

I bet Azuma saves the day though. There's no way that soundless conversation at NASA didn't have any significance.
MirorinJan 27, 2013 10:36 AM
Jan 27, 2013 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
EratiK said:
Firixizu_Mint said:

Anyhow, the tone gets more serious with each passing episode, I fear the worst. Unless there was an oxygen tank on Brian's grave, Hibito probably isn't going to make it. Hope he doesn't of course, but this preview... Go samurai boy!

I mean the machine "Brian" they dispatched because of Azuma's suggestion
Jan 27, 2013 8:58 AM

Mar 2010
Wasn't that spacesuit he finds at the end just a tiny model?

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
Jan 27, 2013 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
Firixizu_Mint said:
EratiK said:
Firixizu_Mint said:

I mean the machine "Brian" they dispatched which Azuma suggested
Oh fuck, this is what happens when watching weekly, had forgotten about it.
Jan 27, 2013 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
Misiakk said:
Now im sure this machine which produce axygen named Brioan-01 or something will come to rescue.

For starters, that Brian doll/figure or whatever has already saved him, or at least momentarily as he was pretty much about to jump to his death before noticing the flash(ing light). As to whether or not it miraculously produces air/oxygen and somehow ends up saving him entirely, I dunno but I wouldn't argue on its significance to his getting rescued.

Misiakk said:
In know it's fiction but Hibito should drive on this buggy and try not to move as much as posible to save the oxygen. And what does he do? He run

Damian is freezing and would probably have already died if he didn't get any warmer fast, remember? And I doubt a buggy of that size could have realistically carried them both.

Then again, he wouldn't be in such a predicament in the first place if only he had followed standard protocol instead of trying to be a freaking hero. Egotistical is what I've always thought of him.

Misiakk said:
and then he went to take a walk.

Clearly he had resigned to his fate and had not much air to spare anyway at that point.

Misiakk said:
For a second there i thought he will make campfre as well Lol :D

Likewise, except his oxygen kept reminding me how impossible that was.
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Jan 27, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Hibito aințt gonna die guys. Because Jaxa did send something on the way Mutta sugegsted after all. Because Hibito was already stopped from "suiciding". And besides that, it would be pretty retarded if Hibito died near Brian.... This show always went to extremes just to picture how the critical situation is saved in the end. Having two dead bodies, one near the other, would have no meaning. Dead Brian saving Hibito makes a lot more sense.

Plus. I doubt they would really literally spoil the next episode, as to show Hibito actually dying in the preview. If he dies for real, you most definitely wouldn't figure it from the preview. Because cliffhangers need to be fueled. ALWAYS.
Jan 27, 2013 10:39 AM

Jan 2012
I think there is some oxygen in that Brian suit. Azuma said something at Houston, I think it's something that will save Hibito, I could be wrong though. May some miracle save Hibito.
Jan 27, 2013 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
But its not Brian suit, it's just a doll he left behind. His brother at the space station has the same one, just with his name on it.
a1oner said:
Misiakk said:

For starters, that Brian doll/figure or whatever has already saved him, or at least momentarily as he was pretty much about to jump to his death before noticing the flash(ing light). As to whether or not it miraculously produces air/oxygen and somehow ends up saving him entirely, I dunno but I wouldn't argue on its significance to his getting rescued.

This oxygen-making machine will definitely save them. In this episode there were cuts to this other Japanese astronaut in NASA, where they didn't show what he was saying. I bet he asked NASA operatives to send Brian-01 to the point which was suggested by Jaxa :P
Jan 27, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
Shit. I was crying the whole time.
When the guy said that Hibito has 10 min left of oxygen, i can't stop the tears anymore. Worst, is when Hibito told Damian that he want to walk on the moon alone.

This is really so painful. But I hope Hibito will live. I don't want to cry again for the next episode :(
Jan 27, 2013 1:00 PM
Mar 2011
awesome cliffhanger. cant wait for the next epi
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 27, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
Morridine said:
Hibito aințt gonna die guys. Because Jaxa did send something on the way Mutta sugegsted after all. Because Hibito was already stopped from "suiciding". And besides that, it would be pretty retarded if Hibito died near Brian.... This show always went to extremes just to picture how the critical situation is saved in the end. Having two dead bodies, one near the other, would have no meaning. Dead Brian saving Hibito makes a lot more sense.

Plus. I doubt they would really literally spoil the next episode, as to show Hibito actually dying in the preview. If he dies for real, you most definitely wouldn't figure it from the preview. Because cliffhangers need to be fueled. ALWAYS.

Completely agree. It's pretty much a given now that Hibito will survive.
Jan 27, 2013 4:17 PM

Feb 2012
Good episode, like always.

Not sure anymore if he's going to survive... they might go off on a different route this time~ But for now, I think he's going to.
Jan 27, 2013 4:46 PM

Nov 2010
PirateKingz said:
Morridine said:

Completely agree. It's pretty much a given now that Hibito will survive.
That could be their plan. Make you think he's going to live through a series of luck and then bam alien kills him.
Jan 27, 2013 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
One day, this show will kill me.

And it's gonna be soon.
Jan 27, 2013 6:30 PM

Jun 2007
Intereo said:

They're from the explorer Hibito found that he's been using to get Damia out.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel update

excalibur977436 - May 4

4 by Cayusashi »»
May 5, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Allografter - Mar 22, 2014

152 by valoon »»
Apr 7, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.