Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2013 8:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, it's kinda funny hearing Inaba's VA from Kokoro Connect in this episode.

Dat bitch slap and serious face:

Also, it was nice to see what was inside that box from last episode. Yum. Well, I liked this episode :3

Stark700Jan 20, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 18, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2009
New technology acquired: COMPASS
New technology acquired: POTATO
New item acquired: DARK KNIGHT ARMOUR

Oh, and we finally get to hear "useless meat". I'm sure the fanservice complaints will be back now though.
Jan 18, 2013 9:22 AM
Dec 2012
Not bad, but not so impressive as Spice & Wolf so far. I enjoyed it though.
eminagnamJan 18, 2013 9:26 AM
Jan 18, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Female knight as the sister...Interesting about the group. Though the magician is missing.

lol~ Maou vs. female knight... or not?

lol @ the end.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 18, 2013 9:36 AM

Jun 2012
lol that slap, good episode but now i gotta wait until next week. sigh but honestly you have to be smart to understand half the stuff their saying but most of it's common sense.

oh yea does anyone know what time period this might be set in?
alphastigma117Jan 18, 2013 2:41 PM
Jan 18, 2013 10:28 AM

May 2011
Darn kiss teasing. >.<
Jan 18, 2013 11:14 AM

Mar 2010
It was good, not amazing, but good.
I felt it a little slow, and i really want to see that armor in use...
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 18, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2010
kenshin_sama said:
Darn kiss teasing. >.<

Yup, but at least it's a start.
Jan 18, 2013 11:17 AM
Aug 2012
Neat episode + Kamiyan appearance!! Hopefully he has a big role I can't get enough of his voice.
Jan 18, 2013 11:17 AM
Oct 2012
Just because a man travels with a woman then that means a relationship has to happen between them? Unless they got married or something...do I need rewatch the first episode?

Sure they probably want to fuck each other that doesn't mean they have to like each other.
Hero tries to avoid her advances as much as he can and so that's why the romance feels misplaced.

Don't want to compare to Spice and Wolf but everyone does it.
In Spice and Wolf Horo and Lawrence we can see how their travels bring them closer together and it felt natural.
Not a 3 month timeskip, I can fill in the gaps for myself but its not the same and she's been trying to kiss him before the skip.

Before your butts start hurting no I don't hate it and it lifts the mood.

It's just that it's almost on par with another recent romantic relationship that I can't believe anyone ever thought was good. Cookies and a pat on the back if you think you guessed it right--no need to point it out here either.
Jan 18, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Haha the jealous Maou so cute :)
Jan 18, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Poor Maou :(...man she's soooo cute, too bad now this part of the series starts where Maou and Yuusha don't spent as much time together as before, but at the same time it get pretty epic from other points of the story. And the times when they will be together are really good.

He should've at least kissed her though :(
I kept loling at the Mukashi Onna (old flame #1 and 2) XDXDXD
Jan 18, 2013 11:32 AM

May 2011
Elite60 said:
kenshin_sama said:
Darn kiss teasing. >.<

That is true. Seeing how Maou is really pushing for it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen before this season ends.
Jan 18, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
this show is LOADED with awesome Seiyuus.
Jan 18, 2013 11:54 AM

Nov 2007
Obligatory kiss on the forehead? Yuusha is a disappointment. :(
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2011
The last 2 minutes were somewhat entertaining if I have to say something positive about it.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 18, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
Lol @ "useless meat" flashback X D

When they were describing something in the beginning I was surprised they were making potato chips! It then all made sense when she brought in the potatoes to the convent. This episode was paced nicely with the events that took place and the foreshadowing. Hiroshi Kamiya's character and the Ice General in particular piqued my interest the most.

As for the romance between Yuusha and Maou, it's a little frustrating on his part for making his girlfriend feel so insecure but at least he told her outright Female Knight and Mage were just comrades and nothing more. When she tried to kiss him and only got a forehead peck only to leave quick without saying by, I was feeling sad for Maou. Don't worry Maou! He'll come back : )
Jan 18, 2013 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
Man, going to the forehead like was just criminal. Also, wanted to see him in the armor too!

Jakemonogatari said:

Yeah, lol, no kiddin'. XD

Jan 18, 2013 12:18 PM
Aug 2012
I'm still amazed at the pacing of the show :))))))))))))))))))))))))

I can say nothing
but i LIKE Maou and yuusha together
Their little research
Their small kingdom
No words can explain yet to me
Jan 18, 2013 12:24 PM
Aug 2012
kenshin_sama said:
Elite60 said:
kenshin_sama said:
Darn kiss teasing. >.<

That is true. Seeing how Maou is really pushing for it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen before this season ends.

I have a feeling for the teasing part of the kiss,
they might surprise us with really romantic one
Jan 18, 2013 12:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I need a big map of this world to see how it all fits together. I get confused with all the territories.

Miyuki Sawashiro's voice is a welcome addition to this show. She always makes her characters more memorable than they should be.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 18, 2013 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
damn, why I didn't notice since beginning >.<"

Koshimizu Ami & Fukuyama Jun + Business/trade = Spice & Wolf
Jan 18, 2013 1:17 PM

Aug 2010
MAOU! Y U SO MOE?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Also, I loled at Inaban voice
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 18, 2013 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
KamiKali said:
kenshin_sama said:
Elite60 said:
kenshin_sama said:
Darn kiss teasing. >.<

I have a feeling for the teasing part of the kiss,
they might surprise us with really romantic one

^ I can only hope.

Really loving this show. The dialogue, the pacing... probably the strongest of this season (not including sequels... Chihayafuru..etc).

Looking forward to next week ^^
Jan 18, 2013 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
megucas said:
Neat episode + Kamiyan appearance!! Hopefully he has a big role I can't get enough of his voice.

^THIS!
Jan 18, 2013 2:24 PM

Nov 2009

She admitted it LOL.
Jan 18, 2013 2:26 PM

Dec 2011
I love how the setting of this anime is so fascinated with new technology/crop.
The compass and the potato!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2013 2:41 PM

Aug 2011
Maou boobs being fondled was my fav part. This episode felt kinda plain but i guess these episode allow for the build up for the more exciting ones
Jan 18, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
So if this will turn out to be harem (I don't think so... but who knows) our dear Hero will be between woman that can bring death and misfortune on him in most painfull way.... and the Demon Queen.

Nothing special here but I liked that they are using time to show world better with different fractions ruling it.
Jan 18, 2013 3:02 PM
Oct 2010
Another nice episode.

I like how this is a lot like a thought experiment on the introduction of "advanced" technology in a medieval fantasy setting. Ok, it's not entirely original, but I don't think it has been explored enough.

It also works well as an introduction course for economy and politics, given that it doesn't go too deep. Though I definitely would love it if they do go deeper later.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 18, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2011
Sawashiro Miyuki As love rival :3 yay looking forward to seeing him in that armor.
Jan 18, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2009
This was a decent episode I guess.

I get really annoyed with males in anime that seem to be so clueless around females. Naturally, the kiss scene annoyed the hell out of me. I don't know why anime has so much of that BS.

Anyways, the economics and politics aspect of this anime is pretty enjoyable, though I have mixed feelings overall so far.
Jan 18, 2013 4:07 PM

Feb 2012
Oh that end, I thought he'll get that armor on himself and look beast, but dude just teleported out.

Good episode.
Jan 18, 2013 4:23 PM
Jul 2012
Arcane587 said:
This was a decent episode I guess.

I get really annoyed with males in anime that seem to be so clueless around females. Naturally, the kiss scene annoyed the hell out of me. I don't know why anime has so much of that BS.

Anyways, the economics and politics aspect of this anime is pretty enjoyable, though I have mixed feelings overall so far.

Hero is really not clueless, he just chooses to ignore it, and hope for the best. . . he is not very smart, but still he's not as clueless as you might think.
Jan 18, 2013 4:24 PM

May 2011
I get the whole plot thing. essentially wars are started for lack of resources. If Mao and hero can help build infrastructure to better people's lives then the need for war would be lessened. still that aspect of the show is too much. It need more to keep it interesting.

Seriously though, the MC running away from the woman thing is getting annoying. It's a mid-evil type story. Stop trying to make warrior period males into soshoku douchebags.
Jan 18, 2013 4:47 PM

Jan 2011
What a drag. Score down to 7/10 after this episode.
Jan 18, 2013 4:58 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
So if this will turn out to be harem (I don't think so... but who knows) our dear Hero will be between woman that can bring death and misfortune on him in most painfull way.... and the Demon Queen.
As I see it he's backing himself into a position where suicide with a spoon would be less painful.

Also somewhat annoyed at him keeping Maou at arms length, but I'm just going to assume he's hiding something.

Nothing exciting, so I'm sure this irritates the hell out of some people, but I found it interesting.
Jan 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Oct 2011
Hmmm, so inside the chest is POTATO. The thing Maou invented is a COMPASS, and the DARK ARMOR looks cool.
So far, it's still not that interesting yet, but I enjoyed it.
Also, "useless meat" LOL!!
Signature
Jan 18, 2013 6:02 PM
Jul 2012
Must say Spice and Wolf is just so much better. I'm just watching and watching just hoping that this will get better
Jan 18, 2013 6:06 PM
Oct 2010
Guys, stop putting the bar too high, you're setting yourselves for disappointment.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 18, 2013 6:13 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yuusha kissing Maou's forehead was cute :) I also really like how much effort Maou puts into making the world a better place with starvation and war. I wonder how the knight would react if she ever finds out that Maou is...well, the Maou.
Jan 18, 2013 6:18 PM
Oct 2010
tingy said:
Yuusha kissing Maou's forehead was cute :) I also really like how much effort Maou puts into making the world a better place with starvation and war. I wonder how the knight would react if she ever finds out that Maou is...well, the Maou.
I find it very curious that in order to hide their identities, they have to hide their occupations, as they are essentially their names.
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 18, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
Gawd damn it Yuusha Y U NO GO ALL OUT ON KISS
If it was me I'd be like....

Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 18, 2013 6:48 PM

Dec 2012
Average episode. Nothing funny or too interesting. This episode would make an Irish man proud, what with all that interesting facts about potatoes.

Seriously? Another cross dresser character? This seems to be a fad with this season anime.

Ajunky said:
Guys, stop putting the bar too high, you're setting yourselves for disappointment.

Indeed, I'm pretty meh with this anime so far and I doubt its will get much better. Lets hope I'm wrong but so far its a very below average anime.

3/5
Jan 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Mar 2012
After watching this episode, I suppose I can understand why this was such a hit as a web novel. To be fair, the plot isn't anything sophisticated. You have two people coming together to secure world peace by improving people's livelihood. But the charm of this series (for those who actually like it) really lies with its simplicity. It doesn't try to be ambitious. Some basic nation-building knowledge, some cute romance, some ecchi humor...there's a bit of everything, but no more.

I personally have liked this series so far, but like someone else said above, there's no point in having a high expectation for it. This isn't going to be an epic saga, and you probably don't need to think much going through it, but yeah, the simplicity.
Jan 18, 2013 7:04 PM

Sep 2008
well yeh, its not a spice and wolf, and one cant help but to think they re similar, but i do think this show is quite enjoyable XD
Jakemonogatari said:

this
winter_mint said:
Haha the jealous Maou so cute :)
of course =)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 18, 2013 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
Ajunky said:

I agree. Because of the S&W similarity to this show, i think that's why they've set their expectations high.

Oh well, as for me, i enjoyed it. Knowing the secret weapon (potato) was a shock.
Maou being cute as always :3
Jan 18, 2013 7:37 PM

Apr 2011
Jakemonogatari said:

Oh yeah plently of them. One of the reasons why this show is so awesome.

This anime is probably the best anime this winter honestly after 3 episodes I can't find anything bad to say about it.
Jan 18, 2013 7:43 PM
Jun 2008
3 months in blue hero & red queen go a church who meet with knight-nun who worked with blue hero as where were you & slap the hero for it?

give all patch up give mage is still search for hero yet red queen reason to chruch to expand it have a church for red queen's area give her box of POTATO & nun-knight is in.

all well give red queen is concern about the alliance faction group while hero worry for mage so red queen give hero a dark armor to handle demon land & get the mage.

while also red queen worry her "potato" are not good for hero with top maid going make "sure" it ok.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jan 18, 2013 7:55 PM

Dec 2010
I really don't see why people can't draw a line when comparing and instead of pointing out obvious similarities see the differences as well. Maou is only 3 episodes in, for all you know it could do somethings better then S&W when all is said and done, the view that many S&W fanboys hold for this series is gonna blind them even if it does improve and that is disappointing...that simply because a series holds similarities they can't acknowledge the things it does well.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

294 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 2, 6:23 PM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.