Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2012 2:31 PM

May 2011
This episode was great and I loved it. It was just so much fun to watch and I lol'd all over the place with all the silliness and misunderstandings that went on. That date was awesome and so were the three girls. God I love Mashiro and her clueless face as she purposely innocently dropped bombs everywhere. Lmfao at her wishing for food during the date and proudly taking credit for giving Yuuko ideas at the end. And Nanami was being especially cute this episode, blushing and getting embarrassed constantly as she got closer with Sorata. Aww yeah at that falling down the stairs scene, that was soooo cute. Yuuko is a pretty nice imouto addition too and haha that was a great way to end the episode with her calling out Nanami and creating an awkward moment.

Bath scenes are win.
ZeroZxNov 20, 2012 2:35 PM
Nov 20, 2012 2:51 PM

Feb 2012
A fun-filled episode :D
Yuuko's a nice character too~

lol'd at the cats used for censorship :D
Nov 20, 2012 2:55 PM

Apr 2011
Overall was a pretty funny episode, thougn how the f did Misaki get a driver's license with her driving is beyond my comprehension :l
Nov 20, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2012
Damn why does Japanese got so great sense of humor? :D
Nov 20, 2012 3:32 PM

Sep 2012
I hope the sister won't come back, this show doesn't need a harem.
Nov 20, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
Ahaha. The anime this year lately always have the bro-con sis.

Love the part where Mashiro speaks in front of the fan and sounds like an alien. Ahahaha.

I also love how Misaki has her own sidestories this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 6:03 PM
Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:

Gotta love the wild imaginations of both Yuuko and Sorata. Those had me laughing so much:)

Yuuko's cat censorship was a funny change from what I'm used to. At least Yuuko wasn't censored with white streaks of light or black fog.
Nov 20, 2012 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
Did someone else noticed that Aoyama's role as a supporting character changed into a main one here on MAL?

I LOVE IT. hohohohoho. Then, It's gonna be either Shiina or Aoyama. It's gonna be a hell of a fight over Sorata. It's not a one-sided fight anymore. lol

Aoyama is a main character now. YAY! I'm keeping my hopes now. hehehe.
Altaria-chanNov 20, 2012 6:16 PM
Nov 20, 2012 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
pizza_012 said:
Did someone else noticed that Aoyama's role as a supporting character changed into a main one here on MAL?

I LOVE IT. hohohohoho. Then, It's gonna be either Shiina or Aoyama. It's gonna be a hell of a fight over Sorata. It's not a one-sided fight anymore. lol

:O Me gusta :D

AiCon said:
HauntingShock said:

Gotta love the wild imaginations of both Yuuko and Sorata. Those had me laughing so much:)

Yuuko's cat censorship was a funny change from what I'm used to. At least Yuuko wasn't censored with white streaks of light or black fog.

*coughs*To Love-Ru Darkness*coughs*
And those cats were just for fun :D Didn't fully censor it at all~
Nov 20, 2012 6:42 PM
Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
pizza_012 said:

:O Me gusta :D
It's about time. I hated how so many people here kept disregarding Aoyama over Shiina. Hopefully now she'll have more episodes to develop her character and put her on equal terms with Shiina.

AiCon said:
HauntingShock said:

*coughs*To Love-Ru Darkness*coughs*
And those cats were just for fun :D Didn't fully censor it at all~You got me;) Huge fan here LOL

It was also funny seeing the look on Shiina's face as she was covering Yuuko's boobies with her hands when Yuuko stood up.
Nov 20, 2012 6:49 PM

Apr 2012
Woohoo! The Fanservice in this ep is strong.
Bath scene was wonderful and now we know whos size is whos if you know what i mean.
The triple date part was really nice too and we get to see Shiina act like her usual self xD
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Nov 20, 2012 6:53 PM

Aug 2011
Meh incest imouto chan.
Nov 20, 2012 6:54 PM
Sep 2012
AkinoBlade said:
Woohoo! The Fanservice in this ep is strong.
Bath scene was wonderful and now we know whos size is whos if you know what i mean.
The triple date part was really nice too and we get to see Shiina act like her usual self xD
This whole time I thought that Shiina was the biggest and now we know that it's actually Aoyama.
Nov 20, 2012 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
Wild_Boy said:
bippo said:
The sales are bombing hard because of the korean turmoil. The show is been boycotted and will be regardless of how good this show or how clever their marketing strategy is. They can't save it.

Japanese otaku are scum, or at least the ones who boycott a show over something as stupid as this.

Totally agree. It's really pathetic that they would boycott a show over such a nonsensical reason.
Funny because they don't have problems when anime characters order Chinese food...
Nov 20, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
Also just realized this is a JC Staff anime, should've seen that coming.
Nov 20, 2012 7:53 PM
Sep 2012
Omniknight said:
Wild_Boy said:
bippo said:
The sales are bombing hard because of the korean turmoil. The show is been boycotted and will be regardless of how good this show or how clever their marketing strategy is. They can't save it.

Japanese otaku are scum, or at least the ones who boycott a show over something as stupid as this.

Totally agree. It's really pathetic that they would boycott a show over such a nonsensical reason.
Funny because they don't have problems when anime characters order Chinese food...
That's because they have the islands that China wants and so they can laugh at them when they complain. Korea, on the other hand, is holding the islands that the Japanese want and are refusing to even discuss the issue in a world court. I think that the Koreans even put a coast guard base there just to show that they're the ones who control the island.

Basically, the Japanese don't care since they can laugh at the angry Chinese while Koreans don't care since can laugh at the angry Japanese.
IconicNov 20, 2012 8:14 PM
Nov 20, 2012 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
Omniknight said:
Wild_Boy said:
bippo said:

What's with this "korean turmoil" you guys are talking about? Reference that offended them?
Nov 20, 2012 8:08 PM
Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
Omniknight said:
Wild_Boy said:
bippo said:

What's with this "korean turmoil" you guys are talking about? Reference that offended them?
It happened when they replaced the food Sorata gave to Aoyama from congee (Japanese) to samgyetang(Korean). There's more to it as discussed here: Episode 6 discussion
Nov 20, 2012 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
Cute epsiode!~

They might bring back the sister after a few more eps if she does get into their high school too
Nov 20, 2012 8:12 PM
Sep 2012
poptartnyan said:
Cute epsiode!~

They might bring back the sister after a few more eps if she does get into their high school too
Don't worry, Yuuko will be back. Kirito, uh... Sorata won't allow his harem to fall apart that quickly.
Nov 20, 2012 9:35 PM

Jul 2012
Well, this episode was just great. The imouto of Sorata, Yuuko gets show time! She's pretty awesome considering how she's a brocon. This episode was sort of like an episode of OniAi at the same time, with how the imouto imagines the brother doing dirty things with other women and the mentality of how she was, I guess, the wife? The episode had plenty of progression in relationships. Mashiro realized her feelings and is trying to get Sorata's attention. For example, holding his hand and the segment with the rice sticking. Nanami is being sort of left out here. Even though she's probably one of the good characters, even though they completely ruined her by making her a closet pervert, she's still being used as a minor character as she is supposed to be a main one. The best that she got was that hug in the end but, she did get to hold onto Sorata and his sister's acknowledgement in some way. She also tried to get his attention by doing the rice sticking on the face thing too. This episode was just filled with so much romance and comedy at the same time. The bath scene was hilarious. Yuuko being the dwarf and Mashiro being the fairy. I wonder what Nanami would be... Now I guess it's confirmed that the biggest boobs belong to Misaki, then Nanami, then Mashiro then Yuuko (excluding sensei). While Sorata and Jin overhears this, Jin just went and yelled out loudly wondering who Sorata is thinking of naked at the time. Then a bath bucket comes flying from over the other side onto his head... Nice precision there! The secondary plot of the story of the episode would be about Misaki's driver's test. She went all Need for Speed there and eventually got the license because I guess, the driving teacher was sick of Misaki's reckless driving. This episode was just plain great and shows why it's one of the best series of this year. Next episode is also what's getting me pumped. The SWIMSUIT episode KITTA!! YATTA! When Maid-chan asked Sorata is he's ready to bleed his nose out, I immediately know that there would be PLENTY of developments in the story. Either the typical swimsuit falling off or Nanami falling on top of Sorata and her swimsuit comes off. I'm really pumped for the next and future episodes.
Nov 20, 2012 10:09 PM

Jun 2010
One of the mystery's of the world: How Misaki got her license.

NANCY!!!

Nov 20, 2012 10:11 PM
Sep 2012
13man18 said:

NANCY!!!
That driving instructor was probably terrified that she'd have to teacher her again if Misaki didn't pass.
Nov 20, 2012 10:24 PM

Jul 2011
AiCon said:
13man18 said:

NANCY!!!
That driving instructor was probably terrified that she'd have to teacher her again if Misaki didn't pass.

Yeah, I think is the only possible explanation here.
Nov 20, 2012 10:48 PM

Mar 2012
Unfortunately, though this episode was a slight improvement over the last two, it was still disappointingly mediocre. I enjoyed the reestablishment and subsequent infusion of the comedic elements that had largely been missing throughout the previous two episodes, but, due to the complete absence of any drama and the nature of the comedy, this increase of humor wasn't nearly as effective as one might expect, as it was far too abundant, thus creating an episode that, once again, lacked any sort of cohesive balance.

Sorata and Mashiro's relationship continues to be one of the most compelling elements in each episode, so it was rather disappointing that their fantastic interactions were diminished once again. As such, partially due to their excellent chemistry, their rare, fleeting moments throughout were consistently enjoyable, so hopefully their dynamic can actually be focused on again, at least for the entirety of an episode, rather than a perpetual stalling of their development by way of Aoyama's ever-increasing desire and subsequent attempts to indignantly interrupt nearly all of their isolated moments.

Mashiro's reassuring conversation with a worried Yuuko was a great moment, and, along with several others, such as the hilarious ABC scene, it effectively illustrates a noticeable growth in her emotional connection to Sorata, particularly in comparison to the seemingly disinterested detachment she felt towards the beginning of the show. Misaki was, of course, terrific, as the ridiculously exaggerated comedy complements her personality best. I'm hoping that her complicated, relatively complex relationship with Jin will be further explored soon, since, though it's exceedingly interesting, it hasn't been lengthily featured in an episode since the fourth.

Yuuko's antics, for the most part, weren't particularly amusing, save for her wildly imaginative fantasies of Sorata and Mashiro's relationship. Although, despite her predictably flawed characterization and mildly annoying personality, she's a decent character; certainly far more engaging and likable than Aoyama. However, I'm hopeful that she'll, if not completely, be mostly absent from the story following this episode, since, due to her involvement, the atmosphere and "developments" in this episode felt too closely similar to a typical, uninteresting harem, which definitely detracts from the intriguing and appealing nature of the show. It's just unfortunate that Yuuko won't be accompanied by Aoyama upon her imminent departure.

Sorata and Aoyama's interactions have been much too prevalent throughout the last three episodes, while consistently failing to elevate past an uninteresting, dull mediocrity. It seems distinctly obvious, even now, that Mashiro and Sorata's mutual, entwined romantic development will be considerably more essential and consequently more impactful to the narrative. For example, the moment in which Aoyama slipped and Sorata caught her would have potentially developed feelings and subtly foreshadowed later developments if Mashiro acted similarly. Instead, it comes across as purposeful and rather forced misdirection. Basically, their seemingly contrived dynamic often detracts from the show, since it's nowhere near as compelling or relatively intriguing as Mashiro and Sorata's slowly developing relationship.

Aoyama's tsundere personality is surprisingly grating, due largely to how one-dimensional it continues to be. Despite the numerous wasted attempts to create an engaging sort of characterization for her, she remains the worst character by far, never improving the show in a substantial, or even minuscule, fashion. As such, there really doesn't seem to be a point for the unnecessarily heightened focus on her. Her occasional romantic realizations feel thoroughly unimportant, never appearing to be significant or particularly noteworthy. I assume that, due to her insignificance as the third wheel, they desire to portray her as a potentially legitimate love interest, which ultimately doesn't work, since the conclusion to this "triangle" is quite inevitable. Essentially, she appears to only be necessary for her ability to consistently interfere and temporarily deter Mashiro and Sorata's relationship from actually developing.

The direction was unspectacular, rarely elevating the material, but, aside from the lack of visual creativity, it was largely solid throughout. The comedy was quite enjoyable at first, but the outlandish reactions and misinterpreted scenarios quickly became repetitive. The elevated tendency to include pandering fanservice, especially at the beginning, was completely unnecessary, but, aside from the few instances that stupidly involved Yuuko, it didn't really lessen the quality of the episode, since it's rather expected.

All in all, Sakurasou, though impressively good much of the time, has become increasingly inconsistent following the fourth episode. The preview suggests another heavily comedic, fanservice-oriented episode, but I'm expecting that either Sorata's game design or Jin's relationship with Misaki will be filtered into the episode's developments, since a balanced approach to the next episode would benefit the pacing of the narrative immensely, rather than an inclination to heavily lean in one direction. The show clearly peaked with the fourth episode, so I'm hoping that the majority of the following portion of the story will avoid a consistent, repetitious faltering into the generic, harem-esque formula that pervaded throughout this episode.
Nov 20, 2012 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. The Driving school was hilarious ahahaha, dat Parking skills. Aoyama cute moments = <3. Shiina still so quiet and unavoidable when it comes to doing stuff.

The censoring? Why do a late censoring at all when you already see it.
Nov 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
So we're introduced to the sister who's a brocon. This episode is full of misunderstandings intended to be humorous. Mashiro just has to use the most inappropriate words for any situation, which just adds fuel to the fire when the sister is misinterpreting things. Though it's interesting to see Mashiro showing signs of jealousy.
Nov 21, 2012 12:06 AM

Feb 2012
Tyrel said:
Nice episode. The Driving school was hilarious ahahaha, dat Parking skills. Aoyama cute moments = <3. Shiina still so quiet and unavoidable when it comes to doing stuff.

The censoring? Why do a late censoring at all when you already see it.

Comedy relief!!! :D
Nov 21, 2012 12:59 PM

Nov 2008
It is usually the childhood friend that comes, but this was fun.
Nov 21, 2012 1:37 PM
Sep 2011
I really cant stand the main character. All he do is complain and behave like an ten years old then the girls gets to close. I only watch this show because of Mashiro that i think is very cute but still am i very close to dropping it because of that damn Sorata.
Nov 21, 2012 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
A little generic setting for this episode, but still very enjoyable. Yuuko was pretty funny and not overly annoying.

Meanwhile I'm rooting for Nanami, but we all know that's most likely not gonna happen.

Nov 21, 2012 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Many laughs were had!

Dat imouto is so kawaii~

Sorata needs to just accept his harem ;D
Nov 21, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
Jeez, anime characters are in a constant state of denial....

Nov 21, 2012 4:35 PM

May 2008
Love the comedy at the start . i love me some Candy Apple

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 21, 2012 5:50 PM
Sep 2008
pizza_012 said:

Yea bcs it all depends on status on MAL... seriously - does it really matter? Its obvious that she is the main rival of Mashiro and has an equal chance "of winning", because of what we saw on recent episodes. Who cares about some status?
Delete8Nov 21, 2012 5:56 PM
Nov 21, 2012 6:29 PM

May 2009
Serge91 said:
Its obvious that she is the main rival of Mashiro and has an equal chance "of winning", because of what we saw on recent episodes.

Hahahahahaha
Nov 21, 2012 6:39 PM

Sep 2012
Amazingly funny episode after some serious ones. Laughed out loud through the whole thing. Was thinking it might be my favorite fall series now and yet some others didn't like it and are thinking of dropping it. Different tastes I guess.
Nov 21, 2012 6:47 PM
Sep 2008
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

Well... I'm guessing that you know who will win?
Considering that the author conducted a vote who should win, it's not that clearly as you would think
Nov 21, 2012 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
Serge91 said:
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

Considering that the author conducted a vote who should win, it's not that clearly as you would think

I didnt know that the author didnt have in mind who to end the story with rather he is making it based on viewers votes.
This should be nice, so do you know the results?
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 21, 2012 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
LuckyMango said:
Serge91 said:
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

I didnt know that the author didnt have in mind who to end the story with rather he is making it based on viewers votes.

That's just a rumor and partially incorrect. The pole that he and others have been referring to is a popularity vote, nothing more. It would be pretty ridiculous for an author to leave the conclusion to their story up to something as meaningless as reader votes.
Nov 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Nov 2012

I agree with everything here. For me, this show would have been a serious contender for best of the season had it not been for last week's episode and the continued presence of Nanami. I only watch this for the interactions between Sorata and Shiina..., but if the inevitable cockblocking from Nanami gets too irritating, I might actually consider dropping it or start treating her like Shiraume and just fast forward as soon as I see her on screen lol.

Shiina putting rice on her face was just too awesome. Sorata must have the greatest upon greatest of self control. Chu2Byou has their main pairing developing..., come on Sakurasou, dont let me down now!!!1!!!
Nov 21, 2012 8:11 PM
Sep 2008
Lelouch22 said:
LuckyMango said:
Serge91 said:
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

That's just a rumor and partially incorrect. The pole that he and others have been referring to is a popularity vote, nothing more. It would be pretty ridiculous for an author to leave the conclusion to their story up to something as meaningless as reader votes.

I hope so. I hate the fact, that readers will choose how this will end. If the whole story was made by the author, then she should also write ending
Nov 21, 2012 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
Lelouch22 said:
LuckyMango said:
Serge91 said:
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

It has happened before, Ichigo 100% for an example. But it usually only happens when there is more than 1 female lead. In this show it's going to be without a doubt a Shiina ending.
Ragna92Nov 21, 2012 8:22 PM
Nov 21, 2012 8:32 PM
Aug 2011
So yeah, I don't like cats as much as I used to before
Nov 21, 2012 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
Fan-service episode!
Nov 21, 2012 8:51 PM

Mar 2012
Ragna92 said:
Lelouch22 said:
LuckyMango said:
Serge91 said:
bastek66 said:

Hahahahahaha

It has happened before, Ichigo 100% for an example. But it usually only happens when there is more than 1 female lead. In this show it's going to be without a doubt a Shiina ending.

O no wonder, i didnt like Ichigo 100%'s ending. now i no why, it was fan based.
Well ya its a no brainer that it should be a shiina ending since she is the main heroine and aoyama is the rival for the heroine.
But sometimes you have to agree that there are some animes that have an ending that doesnt satisfy majority of the viewers.
Im sure this show is fine. On my top priority list for the on going of this season.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 21, 2012 9:03 PM

Oct 2012
I lol'd in this episode. I love how Shiina always creates misunderstandings! Also the cats censoring Pantsus are no good, in the "Bath Scene" its acceptable xD

Nov 21, 2012 9:30 PM

Oct 2010
Finally gotten around to actually being able to write my long post as usual. The episode itself was good in showing out Yuuko and her antics. This episode was also good in the fan service as it provided sexual relief from last episode’s drama along with a foundation for C83 whom will feature with this episode hentai versions of the females of this show whom always happens with animes all the time.

Other than the fan service’s purpose and it’s rather outstanding value in this episode, I find Yuuko a child problem that needs mental care in a institution. Let’s see,

-Flashes off panties and stuff while not caring.
-Has incest problems.
-Is too hyper
-Has a mind that is screwed up sexually.
-Knows too much of sex and its elements.
I think those are the few of my worries. Yuuko is far too weird and needs mental attention over her hyperness. I would not be surprised of a ADD disorder to say the least.

In fact Yuuko to me looked far off worse than Mashiro even.

I still think the fan service did give out Mashiro a feel of younger breasts being as sensitive as her own or perhaps more and stuff for her manga as ideas.

The episode gave out more of Nanami’s shy moments whom just emphasize her love.

Misaki getting her license is ridiculous and I demand the person that gave her license jailed and stripped of his job.

About Nanami and Yuuko’s outtake on her. At first Nanami was shown really nice with her shows and attitude from getting those Popsicle for free. Really nice expressions of MOE and positive attitude. However things change suddenly in the following,

With her expressions. Hence Kanda makes it PEDO level till it clears up.

So yeah other than what I said this is how the flow of the episode goes to me!

Rest of my thoughts follow in the club.

BTW Here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yang_Guifei
is finally what explains the mother's choice of taking this person. Basically high class royalty!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 21, 2012 11:06 PM
Sep 2012
This picture sums up my glee in watching this episode:

Enjoy:)
Nov 22, 2012 12:49 AM

Jun 2012
Once again, this series really made me laugh. This episode is no different, saying it was hilarious would almost be an understatement. It's great to see his sister in this episode, and her parting was very funny (and awkward). My favorite line was when Fuko was in shock holding the bear and Shina was with her. Aoyama said that Sorata seems to be enjoying himself, and he replies with "What's so fun about this, exactly?.." That was my favorite scene. Anyway, fantastic episode. Misaki even got her license (somehow).
I really want to see the next episode already, it really lifts my mood.
5/5.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

320 by Md_Abdullah »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Do You Remember This Anime?

Fantom_Slayer - Sep 5

39 by Kagayaku3_0 »»
Sep 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

642 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

403 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2012

245 by Megumin_SatouS2 »»
Aug 18, 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.