Forum Settings
Forums

Director Shinbo Wants to Produce Heartwarming Spin-off of Madoka Magica

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 18, 2011 12:36 PM

Jul 2010
Way to go Shinobo, you have my vote. (but sorry i can't buy anything. torrents are the only way for me)
Mar 18, 2011 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
Shinbo making hertwarming anime? Do not belive it
Mar 18, 2011 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
If this means I will get more of Homura and Kyouko, I'm up! ^^ Heartwarming or not, I don't care. ^^
Mar 18, 2011 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
ahh, a spinoff. My little cousin won't definitely watch that since she already had a trauma of the original series and she won't fall for the "heartwarming mahou shoujo" again even if its not a troll xDD

Whether its a troll or not I will watch this :D I want to see moar of Mami's unlimited musket works !! <33

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 18, 2011 1:10 PM

Mar 2008
Lies. The same as the last time.
Mar 18, 2011 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
Fui said:
"We need to go wider."

Mar 18, 2011 1:19 PM

May 2009
Ooy the last time somebody said he wanted to make Madoka a "heartwarming story" everything went to hell. You honestly think we're going to believe this?
Mar 18, 2011 1:31 PM

Mar 2010
That sounds awfully boring :/
Bunny-kinsMar 18, 2011 1:36 PM
Mar 18, 2011 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
I wouldn't mind a sweet and heartwarming Madoka Magica anime! Heck, more Madoka is always good for me! It shouldl be two different series! One will be dark and Tim Burton-esque (that's how I construe the series), the other one will be just like any other cute magical girl anime (maybe like Card Captor Sakura?). They'll be mirror anime (that's what I'm gonna call them). One dark, one light! It totally matches!
Mar 18, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
FOE-tan said:
I shall be watching it either way. I like light-hearted slice-of-life enough to watch it like that, but at the same time, I would like to see a depressing deconstruction of the genre at the same time.

Wait... a dark reconstruction of a slice of life? I wonder how that would work out... O.o
Mar 18, 2011 1:47 PM

Jul 2008
This probably woudln't come out for at least two years or something right? SHAFT has a lot on its upcoming plate don't they?
Mar 18, 2011 1:51 PM
Oct 2007
Why would anyone want to watch the brutally boring AND completely unbelievable Madoka characters in any sort of story that doesn't involve fast-paced over-the-top horror and angst?
Mar 18, 2011 1:51 PM

Nov 2008
I hope he is messing with us and it will be pretty bloody and depressive.
Mar 18, 2011 1:53 PM

Oct 2007

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 18, 2011 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.
Mar 18, 2011 1:57 PM

Oct 2008
I was saying just the other day I would genuinely pay money for a heartwarming slice of life series revolving around Madoka and Homura.

5 bucks says he's trolling.
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Mar 18, 2011 2:10 PM
Feb 2008
Please no.
Dont turn Madoka into stupid cashcow. I want it to have decisive ending.
And Madoka without depresive and grimdark is not Madoka.
Mar 18, 2011 2:20 PM

Sep 2008
I think that's a great idea.

Mar 18, 2011 2:28 PM

Oct 2009
So it will be like Hidamari Sketch, if the girls were mahou shoujo?

Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead. Except if Homura and Madoka finally realize their love for each other in this new spin off...
Mar 18, 2011 2:44 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds good. I'd watch it.
Mar 18, 2011 2:51 PM

May 2010
meh i dont think it will be good, it will just mess up the image i like. They should make a sequel and add more dark content!!
Mar 18, 2011 2:52 PM
Jan 2010
augh yeah
Mar 18, 2011 2:59 PM

Apr 2009
I'll watch anything Madoka-related. Dark is cool because it'll be more of what we're already getting. But slice of life would be a nice reprieve (if SHAFT isn't lying) to watch.

Mar 18, 2011 2:59 PM

Jan 2008
Errh, that's just wrong. Characters clearly aren't interesting enough to make a slice of life series about them, it would kill the series

Ousto said:
Eh, I'd rather have a new season of Hidamari Sketch instead.

totally.
Mar 18, 2011 3:01 PM

Aug 2010
Hahaha, I actually laughed when I saw this news. Sure, a spin-off would be cool as long as he will(since he is one of the greatest directors out there) keep some of their personalities intact. I think it will actually go towards the first Mahou Shoujo Madoka time-line(the one with megane Homura xD)
Mar 18, 2011 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
Ginga-Bishoujo said:
I see that some people didn't get the word 'spin-off'.
This won't be a sequel, this won't follow the season we all love, god all the developement that was in this season won't even matter as it won't had happened.

I'm not against it but I don't have high hope for it.
I don't beleive they are trolling this time because if they had wanted to make another dark season then they would have made a sequel but they didn't.
The reason it is a spin-off is most probably because it is not something that would fit as a sequel, prequel or anything related to the story of the first season which means that they will most probably do what they said.

The staff themselves call Orika Magica a spin-off manga. It features Mami, Kyouko in magical form. So why should a 2nd season Madoka not be related in some way to the original series?
The idea of a slice-of-life version may be nice, but there's no way someone who has seen S1, can sit back and relax while watching another season of Madoka.
Mar 18, 2011 3:14 PM

Nov 2007
Miiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllk.

I probably would not like it. Unless it has Mami erryday.
Mar 18, 2011 3:22 PM

Dec 2010
Zeream said:

More like slice-of-death, this is Shaft! they are trolling again $hinbo declarations sounds much like deja-vù for me, we already know what "heart-warming" means for them, they will warm our hearts, like a fucking barbecue from hell.
Instead of making Madoka slice-of life they should make a Hidamari Sketch 4 it sounds more likely.
Mar 18, 2011 3:28 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm slice of life huh?! I would love to see more Madoka but I like the whole Dark theme to it. I can't see the whole heartwarming thing but hey it would be a spin-off and I wouldn't mind giving it a try if they were to make one.
Mar 18, 2011 3:38 PM
Mar 2010
this is b.s. They finally make a show that is (in my opinion) unique and different from others in its category and now they want to make the cliche story out of it? nope. DO NOT SUPPORT!
Mar 18, 2011 3:50 PM

Apr 2009
Unique characters?I don't think so, the only character i remotely like is Homura mostly because of how badass she is.
I love this series but that characters are nothing special.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Mar 18, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2007
Troll me once, shame on you...

P.S. All you people saying SHAFT and Shinbo can't do heartwarming? Watch Hidamari Sketch, like right now.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 18, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
xxangelchanxx said:
Unique characters?I don't think so, the only character i remotely like is Homura mostly because of how badass she is.
Maybe Shinbou realizes that, and when he is talking about "unique characters", he only means the one that really is (somewhat) original. Hint: He is white with red eyes and likes to make contracts.

That really would be the best troll ever if the heart-warming slice-of-life spin-off turned out to be Kyuubey-centric with none of the other cast featuring in anything bigger than a cameo.

Otherwise, I agree on the characters not being especially original or special. There again, characterization has never been Shinbou's strong point, so maybe he thinks that they are unique by his standards because they are 2-dimensional instead of 1-dimensional like most of his characters are.

Also to the "I would rather have Hidamari 4" crowd, I could see Aoki Ume (Hidamari's original creator and Madoka's character designer) working on the scripts for such a spin-off if it isn't a deconstruction or a slice of Kyuubey's life.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Mar 18, 2011 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
xxangelchanxx said:

I'm glad some people kept their head on their shoulders

Slice of life series are essentially character-driven, Madoka Magica is great because of its plot, action and epicness, not characters. They are shallow, cliche, dialogs are poorly written, they only could make a very bad "soft" slice of life series, as bad as K-ON
Mar 18, 2011 5:47 PM

Apr 2009
SetsunaFromSeiei said:

More like slice-of-death, this is Shaft! they are trolling again $hinbo declarations sounds much like deja-vù for me, we already know what "heart-warming" means for them, they will warm our hearts, like a fucking barbecue from hell.

No, that would be much too predictable and boring.
I think they gonna troll us the other way around - to have us sitting for the whole new season and anticipating when it would turn into something dark. Then it just wouldn't. I can imagine Shaft having a trollface parade and coming up with such an idea.
Mar 18, 2011 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
TheGodOnlyKnows said:
Can Shinbo stop trolling us

I hope. As much as I like SOL why the fuck would they ruin something establishedly good. oh wait money
Mar 18, 2011 6:03 PM
Mar 2010
FOE-tan said:
xxangelchanxx said:
Maybe Shinbou realizes that, and when he is talking about "unique characters", he only means the one that really is (somewhat) original. Hint: He is white with red eyes and likes to make contracts.

That really would be the best troll ever if the heart-warming slice-of-life spin-off turned out to be Kyuubey-centric with none of the other cast featuring in anything bigger than a cameo.

Otherwise, I agree on the characters not being especially original or special. There again, characterization has never been Shinbou's strong point, so maybe he thinks that they are unique by his standards because they are 2-dimensional instead of 1-dimensional like most of his characters are.

Also to the "I would rather have Hidamari 4" crowd, I could see Aoki Ume (Hidamari's original creator and Madoka's character designer) working on the scripts for such a spin-off if it isn't a deconstruction or a slice of Kyuubey's life.

Agreed. But Kyubbey-centered slice-of-life? His daily life is making skeptical contracts and indifferently destroying lolis... Unless he just becomes a mascot character or something.
Mar 18, 2011 6:30 PM

Feb 2010
NotSureIfTroll.JPG
Mar 18, 2011 6:44 PM

Apr 2009
herox3 said:
But Kyubbey-centered slice-of-life? His daily life is making skeptical contracts and indifferently destroying lolis... Unless he just becomes a mascot character or something.

Or the show takes place on Kyubey's planet... heck, I'd actually like to see a show like that!
Mar 18, 2011 6:49 PM

Jan 2010
If Madoka become heartwarming version, it Precure all over again.
Mar 18, 2011 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
I'm not falling for that Shinbo, not this time!
Mar 18, 2011 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
You BASTARDS always do that... you just kill a heroine at the click of the finger. Just to end with some cheap, spontaneous climax, or go for a shallow attempt at making headlines: Have you ever thought about how a killed-off heroine might feel?!
Quoted from Keima.
Mar 18, 2011 8:09 PM
Nov 2010
They wonna milk the franchise

what did you people expect ?
Mar 18, 2011 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
How about a Heartwarming Spin-off of Kyubey? Kyubey the contractor?

It's always raining here in Philippines│ Life sucks for a NEET liek me
何回だって間違えるけど終わりはしないなら 笑ってたいな/ɐ/

Mar 18, 2011 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
God it sounds like a bad Higurashi with Madoka clone! DO NOT WANT, make a sequel based on the mangas or leave the series as is >_<
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Mar 18, 2011 8:31 PM

May 2008
Hmmm...Well as long as it has a good story...i will watch...

Mar 18, 2011 8:41 PM

Aug 2008
Heartwarming? Yea right, I'll Pass since it would obviously be boring T_T
Mar 18, 2011 9:12 PM

Mar 2008
I can probably imagine a number of complaints this news will bring up as I assume that the main driving force behind Madoka is the plot. This new Madoka that Shinbo wants to direct sounds like the generic 'cute girls doing cute things' sort of anime which is normally described as being 'lacking in plot'. Having said that, I'm actually all for this 'slice of life version of Madoka'. While I do love and enjoy Madoka for its awesome plot, and many other things, Homura has grown a lot on me, so I would love to see her in a slice of life.

Mar 18, 2011 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
they dont need a heartwarming anime i think thats plain stupid its good enough as IS

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 18, 2011 10:14 PM

Mar 2009
Definately would love to see more madoka. Wondering if a heartwarming series would be good though? Up until now the dark suspensful side of Madoka has been what makes it popular for a lot of people. Would a heartwarming version really have that much of an overall good plot? But still looking forward to more Madoka either way. <3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Studio Bind Adapts 'Hana wa Saku, Shura no Gotoku' Manga for 2025 TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

44 by Ryuseishun »»
4 minutes ago

» 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets Second Anime Season

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

17 by tragedydesu »»
1 hour ago

» Bones Produces 'Gachiakuta' TV Anime Adaptation for 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

20 by Haneken2086 »»
2 hours ago

» 'NEET Kunoichi to Nazeka Dousei Hajimemashita' Announces Additional Cast for Winter 2025

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
3 hours ago

» 'Sengoku Youko: Senma Konton-hen' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Character Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by ryoko6 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.