Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 3, 2013 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Knowing Asano I thought this was going to have a sad end. Thanks God I was wrong, Punpun didn't end up forever in prison, he got a job in real states, Sachi turned into a MILF and her daughter is fond of him.
Nov 4, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2012
Too bad we didn't get to see Punpuns face.
Nov 4, 2013 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
What a bittersweet and perfect ending. Goodnight, Punpun.
Nov 5, 2013 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
strange ending, bringing back Harumin into the story just seemed random.
Nov 6, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2013
Alphasz said:

THIS. I was really looking forward to seeing his face.
AversaNov 6, 2013 2:12 PM
Nov 9, 2013 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
ruf1oh said:
Alphasz said:

THIS. I was really looking forward to seeing his face.

At least we got a glimpse of it in the hospital.

The ending felt rushed. What happened to Aiko felt kind of random and the time skip in the end was also random.
removed-userNov 9, 2013 6:23 PM
Nov 11, 2013 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
maaaaaan just when I thought his face will be shown in the last volume
Nov 13, 2013 10:20 AM
Nov 2013
To hagbardceline, Ayame0126 and others..

nicknameMNov 13, 2013 2:37 PM
Dec 6, 2013 9:01 PM

Apr 2007
So, having finished this manga, what should I follow it up with?

I want dark plot twists, murder, suicide and bizarre sex. All on the same page if possible.
Dec 7, 2013 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Dammit. So close to seeing what Punpun looked like.

Great manga.
Dec 9, 2013 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
it was a pretty satisfying ending. i'm just really happy that sachi was there for him or else who knows what would've happened.
I only wish that we could've seen his face :( that would've made the ending perfect
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

Oct 2012
undeniable masterpiece
[feels internally]
Dec 18, 2013 1:54 PM

Sep 2012
Goddamn, Nijigahara Holograph strikes again in this volume, full of subtle stuff and symbolism. I'll have to read Hox's translation next month because I'm sure I missed information.
Dec 18, 2013 5:19 PM

Jun 2012
This is the best manga ever....

Not the ending I was expecting, but I can say it was better than what I expected.

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks a sort of 'mystique' would have been lost if he showed Punpun's 'real face'?
nasliwnblDec 18, 2013 7:18 PM
получить деньги моего друга
Dec 21, 2013 1:06 AM

Feb 2008
Easily the best story I've ever experienced.
Dec 26, 2013 5:51 PM

Jul 2013
I was a bit confused by this ending, but after the clarification from nicknameM, I have to say that this was a pretty good ending, it's different from what I thought was going to happen, but I'm glad that things turned out alright for Punpun. This was a good story, although I wish that we could see Punpun's actual face (Fully I might add since we only saw part of it). But I'll give this story an 8, it was an enjoyable yet heartbreaking ride, and I plan on reading more of Asano's works sometime in the future.
Dec 30, 2013 6:58 AM

Dec 2012
This was a really brilliant manga. The first part was just okay, but it really started to shine halfway through when Punpun's thoughts started to become darker and darker. It transformed from a good manga to a great and very memorable one. 9/10 for me, this manga is definitely really unique as well
Jan 8, 2014 9:47 AM
Oct 2010
You know, is it just me or did anyone else think that with the way Harumi looked at this boy here...

http://i.imgur.com/ik69EMi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/taaxhYx.jpg

...Could possibly mean that was how Pun Pun looked when he was younger? That would kinda explain the expression Harumi made afterwards. :x
LonCeeJan 8, 2014 9:51 AM
Jan 8, 2014 10:23 PM
Jul 2012
Mewfeuille said:
You know, is it just me or did anyone else think that with the way Harumi looked at this boy here...

http://i.imgur.com/ik69EMi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/taaxhYx.jpg

...Could possibly mean that was how Pun Pun looked when he was younger? That would kinda explain the expression Harumi made afterwards. :x

wah i just finished reading this chapter, and my take on it was that the boy was looking at the new girl the same way Punpun saw Aiko (so a continual cycle of childhood crushes forming, and affecting later life like Aiko did for Punpun), but this is definitely a good thought to flesh out that thought!
Jan 10, 2014 11:04 AM
Oct 2010
^ Good on ya! I totally forgot about the part when he first fell head over heels for Aiko. Poor kid.

WHICH also got me thinking... could that kid be the uncle's kid (Yuuichi)?? But in Harumi's view? Also, the baby came out looking exactly like Pun Pun but that could just be how all Punyama's come out looking like... and YUUCHIS EXPRESSION WHEN HE FIRST LAID EYES ON HIM LOL (i couldn't tell whether it was from awe or from shock)

Could that baby actually be Pun Pun's kid? I remember he had a little one night stand with Midori but I don't exactly recall whether there were any events signifying that could actually be his kid. Maybe it actually is Yuuchi's and I'm just overthinking it. BUT YUUCHI'S EXPRESSION THO loool
LonCeeJan 10, 2014 11:12 AM
Jan 12, 2014 4:00 PM
Nov 2013
He is Yuichi son. No doubt. Yuichi is just devastated seeing his own reflection in him. The same misfit, same torn to be repeated again.
Newborn son is barely a salvation for him. How could he be, if he is to be the same -repeating mistakes over and over. No redemption..
That's what probably he was thinking, hence expression (?)
Jan 19, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2013
Fucking Awesome.
Jan 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Oct 2013
I'll never be the same, this is a masterpiece, loved it.
Jan 28, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing manga. But i don't think Punpun deserve happy ending for all what he had done to poor Aiko. He should suffer even more for that.
Jan 28, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
I was actually hoping for a more tragic ending except showing every day life just keeps going on. So I was half right. Although I don't think Punpun is very happy even though he's a live and out of jail. He has to live the rest of his life as a reminder of what happened with Aiko. I liked this manga, though. Definitely not something I would've read otherwise but I'm glad I did and I found myself being really anxious for updates.

Also just to clarify: Shimizu is actually dead but Seki creates it in his mind that he is still alive? Or does Shimizu really just have amnesia? Or did Seki rescue someone that looked exactly like Shimizu... Because its implied that Shimizu is dead so I'm thinking its the first option.
Jan 28, 2014 12:46 PM

Oct 2013
Squatta said:
Also just to clarify: Shimizu is actually dead but Seki creates it in his mind that he is still alive? Or does Shimizu really just have amnesia? Or did Seki rescue someone that looked exactly like Shimizu... Because its implied that Shimizu is dead so I'm thinking its the first option.

I'll probably have to do a reread again but where does it imply that shimizu is dead?
Jan 28, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
Squatta said:
Although I don't think Punpun is very happy even though he's a live and out of jail. He has to live the rest of his life as a reminder of what happened with Aiko.

He's already forgetting her. There was whole chapter about "I start to forget how you look like, you can't kill me if i breake my promise because you're dead. Sorry Aiko, life goes on without you, i got other woman and friends, you are just fading memory".
Jan 28, 2014 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
I kind of wished it had done a bit more to finish up Seki and Shimizu's story. Seeing Harumi again was interesting, and I liked how it ended kind of like how it all started. Not seeing Punpun's real face is fine with me (kind of saw with bandages though). I really enjoyed seeing Punpun together with all those people in the end, and I'm actually surprised how positive the ending was considering most of Asano Inio's works. Seeing Yuuichi's baby was also kind of funny.
Jan 28, 2014 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
This final volume was everything I hoped it would be. Safe for Asano not showing Punpun's real face, but when we got to the end with the sight of everyone together and Punpun back to his old Punpun self, I realized it was the right choice to not show him.
Ara ara.
Jan 28, 2014 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
Masterpiece of a manga. 10/10
Jan 28, 2014 3:16 PM

Feb 2012
Best manga ive ever read ^^. Time to read it again.
Jan 28, 2014 3:27 PM

Nov 2011
beergod said:
What a bittersweet and perfect ending. Goodnight, Punpun.

This.

Oh God, I'm going to miss this manga now for its dialogues and unique presentation of characters. I'm not entirely sure what Punpun's real fast represents so I guess it's up to the readers to decide. That being said...this has been one hell of a journey.

9/10.

Anyone think this could be adapted into anime?
Jan 28, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:

No, mostly because Asano himself said he planned this story so it could never be adapted in any medium, be it anime or live action, and he was in fact quite pleased that he never even received any offert in this regard.
ValeforJan 28, 2014 4:21 PM
Jan 28, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2011
wallflowr said:
Squatta said:

I'll probably have to do a reread again but where does it imply that shimizu is dead?

In chapter 136 it shows Seki pulling Shimizu out of the fire but he looks up and sees him the poop god's spaceship with all the other people that burned in the fire. And in 140 he's on a planet that the ship landed on with the other cult members again and Pegasus thanks them for putting their trust in his hands. I just assumed that that implied that Shimuzi didn't make it out alive. Unless these are all flashbacks so I could be wrong...

Misiakk said:
Squatta said:
Although I don't think Punpun is very happy even though he's a live and out of jail. He has to live the rest of his life as a reminder of what happened with Aiko.

He's already forgetting her. There was whole chapter about "I start to forget how you look like, you can't kill me if i breake my promise because you're dead. Sorry Aiko, life goes on without you, i got other woman and friends, you are just fading memory".

Yeah but its kind of sad that after his whole life centered around her he could just forget her so easily. And I guess thats kind of a curse of being an Onodera? I don't know, the end still doesn't seem happy to me even if Punpun is recovering and putting everything in the past, it seems kind of harsh to Aiko who got wrapped into his life. But you're right, I had just finished reading it when I posted so I hadn't gotten much of a chance to let that very last chapter sink in.
Jan 28, 2014 4:43 PM

Sep 2011
God dammit, this manga was awesome!
Jan 28, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2013
Loved this manga, is the best piece of fiction I've ever came across

Wonderful characters
Perfect artwork
Excellent plot progression

I mean, if this was a novel, film, comic book, whatever it would be equally awesome

I didn't want Aiko to die though.
Jan 28, 2014 5:40 PM

Mar 2012
Nearly in tears. Loved everything about this manga.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 28, 2014 9:07 PM

Aug 2007
great manga great ending just confused
Jan 29, 2014 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
beergod said:

No, it would only destroy atmosphere. And it would probably look like Aku No Hana anime adaptation.
MisiakkJan 29, 2014 2:38 AM
Jan 29, 2014 3:12 AM

Apr 2010
i just can't describe my feelings after finishing one of my fav manga's.
it was obviously epic, tho i was sad because of aiko's death, and i hated it when punpun started to travel with aiko, so he was very cold with her. but at least he turned to be innocent again.
Jan 29, 2014 3:30 AM
Jul 2009
Best manga ever 10/10. Didn't expect such a happy ending, so i guess it's nice(though Aiko is dead). Am I the only one that thinks that the author did good by not showing Punpun's face?(I actually can't understand why you'd want to see his face, it was one of the best things having punpun represented as a bird the whole manga). I'll miss this great work.
KRKodama said:

When you want to defend a point you have to use your own words only, for it to be valid.
Jan 29, 2014 7:11 AM

Mar 2012
I love how only one main character committing suicide is considered a happy ending. I agree, though. I thought Punpun would for sure and possibly Yuichi.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 29, 2014 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
brrr said:
I love how only one main character committing suicide is considered a happy ending. I agree, though. I thought Punpun would for sure and possibly Yuichi.

Yeah, ^ my own feelings about the whole thing don't follow the other posters here thoughts either. I didn't see it as a happy ending but I didn't expect it to have a happy ending. I thought it left me feeling numb not happy at all. I just don't feel all the happy thoughts I'm reading in this thread at all. I have to sort out some of it, but I don't see punpun the way other people here seem to. I think it was an excellent manga but I just see all of it differently probably more like about the futility of life.
Jan 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Oct 2012
Jan 30, 2014 4:09 PM

Sep 2009
I don't consider something with so many unanswered questions to be perfection but it certainly was a lot to take in. I know that's the whole style of the manga (to not explain things and leave them open-ended), but I do wish we got more closure on non-Harumin characters.

Like, is Shimizu actually dead? To know the events between Aiko+Punpun meeting that kids and him being in Tokyo would be nice.
Jan 30, 2014 5:23 PM

Oct 2013
outlawauron said:
I don't consider something with so many unanswered questions to be perfection but it certainly was a lot to take in. I know that's the whole style of the manga (to not explain things and leave them open-ended), but I do wish we got more closure on non-Harumin characters.

Like, is Shimizu actually dead? To know the events between Aiko+Punpun meeting that kids and him being in Tokyo would be nice.

Shimizu is dead, he was seen with the god of poop, Pegasus and others.
I think that the finale (open and somewhat ambigous) is just Asano saying "Life goes on".

He does it in all of his works
Jan 30, 2014 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Man, I can't believe it's over. What a top manga. I enjoyed every bit of it. Doesn't matter if the manga focused on Punpun, Nanjou, Yuichi, Seki & Shimizu or even Punpun's mom, every character entailed an interesting story.
Jan 30, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, Shimizu, the one we knew, the one Seki knew, is spiritually dead. That's why he recalled nothing.

"To know the events between Aiko+Punpun meeting that kids and him being in Tokyo would be nice."

^ yeah, I don't understand what you mean by this.
Feb 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
I can't believe it's over, amazing ending (so thankful that it was a happy one for the most part). Many tears were shed. 10/10 such a wonderful and beautiful manga.
wow gay
Feb 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
What a great manga. 9/10
AryaragiFeb 5, 2014 8:04 AM
[25/04/14 4:04:39 PM] Skitzo: doujins have deep psychological undertones about the sexual intrigue of human behavior
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 24 Discussion

Danish - Sep 6, 2009

23 by kljre-----2333 »»
Jun 14, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

21 by MasagoYaki »»
Jun 4, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2013

30 by Meriurin »»
May 31, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 6 Discussion

RediceRyan - Jul 30, 2014

24 by Meriurin »»
May 31, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Oyasumi Punpun Chapter 5 Discussion

RaisinMuffins - Feb 20, 2012

39 by Meriurin »»
May 31, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.