Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2013 6:18 PM

Jul 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Still no new opening!

I enjoyed this episode. I loved it when Luffy, Robin and Zoro were choosing who's warm weather gear they wanted.

Mar 2, 2013 6:40 PM
Apr 2009
Negative first viewing.
No new opening, things are still being dragged out for far to long, the switched mugi's kept their voice actors which ruins the whole joke.
Mar 2, 2013 7:00 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Luffy, Zoro, and Robin's face when wanting those warm clothes!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
Fiji said:
Hahaha. Luffy, Zoro, and Robin's face when wanting those warm clothes!!!

This right here, and don't forget their evil laughs too.

Law just owned the crap out of all those marines.

Oh yeah and also, BODY SWAP. Sanji has gone to heaven.
Mar 2, 2013 7:16 PM

Dec 2011
OH MY GOSH THE CLOTHES SCENE HAHA LAUGHED SO HARD

yeah, law, freakin teach them

tashigi is really annoying. yay she got cut!

BODY SWAP HAHA
Mar 2, 2013 7:16 PM

Feb 2011
I liked the episode despite the fact it was dragged out. Was kinda hoping we'd get to see smoker fight law, but whatever. I'll fight through this. I just may marathon this whole thing, can't handle all this dragging.
Mar 2, 2013 7:17 PM

Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this episode :3. Sanji's reaction when sees he has boobs is priceless and on top that of we get to see some awesomeness from Law. Great Episode.
Mar 2, 2013 7:19 PM

Jul 2006
AnimePoop said:
I liked the episode despite the fact it was dragged out. Was kinda hoping we'd get to see smoker fight law, but whatever. I'll fight through this. I just may marathon this whole thing, can't handle all this dragging.
I would wait 10 weeks. It should start to pick up by then... maybe

Mar 2, 2013 7:22 PM

Mar 2013
Ok this episode was a very disappointing , the dragging is terrible and extremely annoying. I loved punk hazard arc in the manga but some of these episodes are just bad which is a shame cause I normally prefer the anime over manga,my expectations for this anime has dropped significantly
Mar 2, 2013 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
trafalgar is Awesome love this arc
and the ice fight was great to cant wait till the Heart Part of the Story ;D
Mar 2, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2012
Best episode for a while now. Apparently there isn't going to be a new opening until punk hazard arc has finished in April.
Konbu is important
Mar 2, 2013 7:58 PM

Sep 2010
Nice, I actually really really enjoyed this episode. Didn't notice the dragging due to much I was enjoying it. : )

The parts with Luffy's group was surprisingly hilarious and the parts with Law was just wow. Talk about a broken ability. Excited for this arc.

I consider myself as a patient man, but "We Go" is kind of lasting too long. Since 2011 if I remember correctly. I wonder if what they have planned next is too spoilerific.

Edit: Dang, another two week break. Sad face.
KittymanMar 2, 2013 8:04 PM
Mar 2, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
It seems like there is no episode next week from what i been hearing
Mar 2, 2013 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
The last few minutes were just epic. I was hoping we'd get the full fight this week but I guess we'll have to wait until next week. The fight started off really good. Law abilities are too hax. He cut the ship into two like nothing. Looking forward to see Smoker pin him down.
Mar 2, 2013 8:30 PM
Feb 2013
I liked this episode. It has a lot of funny scenes. the body swap technique was hilarious. Sanji is so lucky! :p

I hope they make a new OP soon
Mar 2, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
This was a pretty decent episode. I really want to find out more about Law's power; it's always seemed really cool.

and,

Nami: "Come to think of it, my breasts feel lighter." Looks down... Freaks out, and covers up
Sanji: "I got big breasts!" Freaks out, pulls his shirt off
Mar 2, 2013 9:21 PM

Aug 2008
It would be a bit harder to follow the combo if they didn't change the seiyuu , but now they changed it, I find it too weird to like it :S I really wished that the seiyuu stay with the "body"...

I want a new OP too!
Mar 2, 2013 10:14 PM

Oct 2008
Excellent episode, Law was badass and so many hilarious moments. Sanji's reaction in Nami's body was hilarious.
Mar 2, 2013 10:27 PM

Jul 2007
Kurini said:
It would be a bit harder to follow the combo if they didn't change the seiyuu , but now they changed it, I find it too weird to like it :S I really wished that the seiyuu stay with the "body"...

I want a new OP too!

I was expecting the seiyuu to "stay with the body" too. Damn it, I was really anticipating hearing the seiyuu trying to voice the switched characters.
Mar 2, 2013 11:00 PM

May 2012
good ep, hilarious part for luffy's group freezing

dunno about the whole seiyuus not switching, it wouldn't work at all if you ask me. seeing franky voiced by nami is way more amusing.

law is so powerful though, he is literally a god in the areas he makes. i want to see some of the other rookies now too.

people still whining about ep dragging lol...
Mar 3, 2013 12:36 AM
Feb 2013
Aside for too much drag..... a swap body??? Pffff.. generic.... most of the anime doing that!...
Mar 3, 2013 12:52 AM
Dec 2012
One Piece, Always epic... :D

OP!

For some Reason, The Signature Doesn't Update, So just click to see.
Mar 3, 2013 12:57 AM

Apr 2009
ok episode..
law is awesome
Mar 3, 2013 2:19 AM

Feb 2008
I honestly think One Piece needs a really long filler arc (3 to 6 months), since this whole drag"ness" is ruining the show.
Mar 3, 2013 2:28 AM

Oct 2011
OK i'm not even gonna bother watching, just tell me: Is the Law vs Smoker fight in it or not? :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2013 2:33 AM

May 2008
x5exotic said:
OK i'm not even gonna bother watching, just tell me: Is the Law vs Smoker fight in it or not? :S
no
Mar 3, 2013 2:41 AM

Oct 2011
zero_suls said:
x5exotic said:
no

And I thought this is finally the episode to do it.

Trollei animation
Mar 3, 2013 4:04 AM

Nov 2011
Law is doing his mojo and the opening still has Hody in it!
Mar 3, 2013 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
dimsumftw said:
Kurini said:

I want a new OP too!

I was expecting the seiyuu to "stay with the body" too. Damn it, I was really anticipating hearing the seiyuu trying to voice the switched characters.

Same. Sigh, this is why One Piece seiyuu casts never improve their VA ability, it even got worse at some instances ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 3, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2009
Very enjoyable episode, overall I didn't notice any real dragging. I was kind of dreading the lake scenes but it was hilarious.

I wasn't expecting much Law vs Smoker anyway this ep so I was very happy with what we got. Law's powers are ridiculously overpowered but still great to see and very creative.

I'm generally not a fan of body swaps but so far so good. The voice actors switching into the new bodies is the reason for that. It definitely would've been interesting to see each actor impersonate another one, but I'm happy with this as well.

Is Law's plan just to throw them into confusion and make them off balance? Gotta say Kung Fu Chopper getting put into Sanji's body can only be seen as a power upgrade.
Mar 3, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2012
good episode....

Mar 3, 2013 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
These episodes feel so slow T.T wish they'd speed things up
Mar 3, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2010
I'm fine with this pace. Sure, it's nice to see it animated, but it's not like this is the only thing I have to look forward to in a week.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 3, 2013 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
brook is so badasssss

LOL luffy/robin/zoros faces :')

also, sanjinami boobs
Mar 6, 2013 4:45 AM
Oct 2011
JusticeGundam said:
AnimePoop said:
I would wait 10 weeks. It should start to pick up by then... maybe
lol 10 weeks? They'll still be running by then, so don't hold your hopes high, the whole arc is just running with nothing else other than that until the last couple of episodes of it, like Fishmen Island, with one small hint of a plot-point thrown into the mess during the arc. Even Smoker and Law are gonna join the running pretty soon, with some overused as fuck comedy, so look forward to it.

Good episode, I liked that part in the manga, Sanji changing into Nami's body was funny the first time, too bad it's gonna be used in almost every single episode until they change back.

lolnew world
Candor123Mar 6, 2013 4:51 AM
Mar 6, 2013 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
Meh they really need to stop doing 1 chapter per episode its completely unecessary there's enough space between the anime and the manga for them to do 1.5-2 chapters per episode.

Also why is there no episode next week, with the pace that this arc is taking that seem really dumb. Now we have to wait like 6 months for this semi-decent arc to finish :(.

Oh and I really hope that the reason they took the 2 week break was to introduce the new opening after the break, New World opening is getting really old....I thought it was one of the worst openings when i first heard it (for one piece at least) and after hearing if for something like 70 episodes I'm really starting to hate it.
Mar 6, 2013 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
one of the best best episodes ever. XD
Die the Desu...
Sentenced to Desu...
Great Equaliser is Desu...
Mar 6, 2013 2:40 PM
Mar 2012
RomanceDawn said:
Meh they really need to stop doing 1 chapter per episode its completely unecessary there's enough space between the anime and the manga for them to do 1.5-2 chapters per episode.

Also why is there no episode next week, with the pace that this arc is taking that seem really dumb. Now we have to wait like 6 months for this semi-decent arc to finish :(.

Oh and I really hope that the reason they took the 2 week break was to introduce the new opening after the break, New World opening is getting really old....I thought it was one of the worst openings when i first heard it (for one piece at least) and after hearing if for something like 70 episodes I'm really starting to hate it.

again a break? wtf? they take breaks, put fillers and adapt 1 chapter per episode, what a load of shit, wish their rating would decrease so that they start working their asses off a bit
Mar 7, 2013 2:38 PM

Oct 2009
When I spoiled the whole body swap thing a while back I was really hoping the voice actors would stick with their character's body. It seemed like something that could be interesting, but now it's just kind of whatever. Also this is like, what, four episodes of Law standing on his front porch? Dear god.
Mar 10, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
RomanceDawn said:

Yeah right, and then we have Naruto 2.0, where after 10 episodes we get 10 filler... no thanks. I can live with 1 chapter per episode in exchange for no fillers.
Mar 10, 2013 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
-puma- said:
RomanceDawn said:

Yeah right, and then we have Naruto 2.0, where after 10 episodes we get 10 filler... no thanks. I can live with 1 chapter per episode in exchange for no fillers.

Actually, they should do it like Bleach and Fairy Tail. Despite being horrible manga, the anime staff was intelligent enough to pause the anime till there are enough manga chapters out to release a bunch of episodes without stretching, fillers or other idiotic stuff.
But then again, OP is now a cashcow franchise and Toei wants to capitalize on that.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 10, 2013 9:08 AM

Sep 2012
-puma- said:
RomanceDawn said:

You can skip 10 filler and watch pure canon later, but you have to suffer through a half-assed episode of one piece. Assuming that the source material is good in the first place (which isn't the case for neither the zombie war nor punk hazard) I'd rather have 10 good episodes and then 10 filler (which lately is good in shippuden) than have everything bad and ruin the anime completely.

Also, it's barely 1 chapter per episode anymore.
What's worse is that 2 ch. per ep isn't enough for the likes of Naruto and One Piece.

If I were the director I'd squeeze everything of this damn chapter into 5 episodes and take a break until Oda reaches 75% of the manga. (around that time Bleach would return too presumably)
Mar 10, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
Trafl-guy said:
-puma- said:
RomanceDawn said:

You can skip 10 filler and watch pure canon later, but you have to suffer through a half-assed episode of one piece. Assuming that the source material is good in the first place (which isn't the case for neither the zombie war nor punk hazard) I'd rather have 10 good episodes and then 10 filler (which lately is good in shippuden) than have everything bad and ruin the anime completely.

Also, it's barely 1 chapter per episode anymore.
What's worse is that 2 ch. per ep isn't enough for the likes of Naruto and One Piece.

If I were the director I'd squeeze everything of this damn chapter into 5 episodes and take a break until Oda reaches 75% of the manga. (around that time Bleach would return too presumably)

I agree with everything you said about Oda taking a break and all. But you need to know is what Oda and toei are doing is very smart they though through it completely. After they gave us Amazing arcs escpeccially from impel down to the post-war arcs. They always knew that even if they slowed down the pace people would keep watching. This is because after 500+ episodes before the timeskip who would drop the anime it like saying why would you climb 90% of a big mountain and stop to go back down because it was tiring. you wouldnt right , you would keep going the whole way.
,my point is even if they increase to 2 chapters an episode the audience will probably remain the same or it could decrease a bit or mabey even increase. This is because even if they start to pace the anime well to 2 chapters p/e its not like people who havve just started watching one piece are going to suddenly come up to P/H arc cause they increased the pace.
Concluding on this i'm saying that once you have reached a certain point in an anime you will keep going even though it may not be what you except , while your watching your hoping every week the pacing will change , this is a sense of pride. so this is none of our faults. This is just Oda being smart and taking advantage of the $$$$
Mar 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
Trafalgar Law <3
Mar 11, 2013 3:25 AM

Jul 2011
RomanceDawn said:

You are the most negative person i have ever seen.
Mar 11, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2011
Bato said:
RomanceDawn said:

You are the most negative person i have ever seen.

Haha I'm not trying to come off as being negative sorry if it gave you that impression. This forum is for posting your thoughts on the episodes, currently that is my opinion of the anime right now. I love the hell out of One Piece but you have to admit they are taking it extremely slow considering the gap between manga and anime.

About the opening I don't hate it I like all One Piece openings but I just felt that after the previous one this new one falls short. Its been played for nearly 70 episodes now and its getting old, I always look forward to the new openings when they start a new arc.

Hopefully they will move along at a more decent pace starting this week. Punk Hazard over all is a much better arc than Fishman Island that's why I want to see them do it right and not add tons of filler like they did with Fishman Island. They literally dragged out the fight between Luffy and Hody for about 10 extra episodes which was unnecessary. Fishman Island was the longest arc in the anime goes to show they added tons of padding to that arc to stretch the episodes out.
Mar 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Sep 2011
-puma- said:
RomanceDawn said:

Would it really be that bad if they added some post arc filler for One Piece. Almost all the filler they have added has been, in my opinion pretty good. Take for example the filler after CP9 where the crew hung out in Water 7 and each character had their own little filler episode. Those where some of the best episodes in the anime in my opinion, at least for character development/interaction. That one episode with Zoro playing nanny was hilarious. There's also the few filler arcs in One Piece which granted aren't all good (the memory loss one was pretty bad). The arc after Skypia with the marine fort was pretty awesome, in fact its one of my favorite arcs in One Piece the main villain was a welcome change.

Some anime studios do a great job with filler while others don't. Look at Bleach for example its like 45% filler, some of it terrible but some isn't bad at all. In fact I liked the last filler arc more than the whole Fullbring arc. Naruto would be an example of bad filler, most of the filler they do is extremely predictable and episodic. With few exceptions, like the 6 tail arc.

TL;DR. Not all filler is bad filler, some times its the best thing you can do to make sure your cannon episodes are as amazing as they are in the manga. Just look at what happened with Marineford it has an insane amount of padding and annoying Buggy moments which ruined a lot of important moments in the arc.
Mar 11, 2013 9:10 PM

Dec 2008

This is why I prefer watching One Piece compared to reading it.
Apr 15, 2013 12:34 PM

Jul 2009
The body swapping should be a lot easier to follow than it was in the manga since everyone still has their original voice. I laughed so much at the clothes scene xD
May 16, 2013 3:02 AM

Apr 2012
very funny episode, Law's abilities were awesome and the cloth theft was hilarious :'D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

61 by barackobammmma »»
3 minutes ago

» Toei suck big time!

Reckless_weeb - Jun 25

24 by Loaf_dontcare »»
2 hours ago

» Hear me out ! Zoro isn’t still aware that he has conquerors Haki.

HaremKing01 - Yesterday

10 by Loaf_dontcare »»
2 hours ago

» The Essential Guide to watching One Piece

Nito-San - Nov 12, 2012

42 by Suheb1 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 386 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GRIZZAT - Jan 16, 2009

68 by KoniginElle »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.